Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed (23150 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Swiss Official Wants To Stop Nigerians From Traveling Abroad Completely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by deept(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
ImpactBooks:
Hello NLds!

I have been a family member of this group to years and what I have found most interesting about this forum is it's educative and/or enlightenment opportunity it offers.

Yesterday, a thread was opened which discussed the way and manner Immigrants are being extorted, most especially, at the Lagos and Abuja International Airports. One cogent thing that I learnt about the thread is that the first-time travellers are more evenurable to the Airport Officials illegal activities even though some argued that giving anything to these officials is by choice ESPECIALLY WHERE IMMIGRANTS TRAVELING DOCUMENTS ARE VALID AND COMPLETE.

This is where I need your guidance.

I will be travelling out of the country for the very first time by next month. Therefore, I need guidance on two things:

1. For someone that is travelling on invitation base on medical ground, what are the valid travelling documents that the person needs to have to make it COMPLETE? This information is needed in ensuring that my travelling agents did a thorough job regarding my travelling papers.

2. I have taken my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and my second dose is scheduled for 19th of this month. Once these doses are taken, do I still need to take another vaccine before my departure again or I only need to do another COVID-19 test? If it is the latter, between what Internal/period do I need to do the test, where and at what cost?

Thanks as I await your guidance.

Blessings

Most importantly DO NOT COLLECT ANYTHING OR CARRY ANYTHING FOR ANYBODY EVEN IF THE PERSON IS YOUR FATHER IN THE LORD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
It usually happen to new people but you can put up a mean face and talkless,don't smile even when the try to make jokes be smart
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Mike072: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
Quick one guys. For countries that require u take the covid test 72 hrs before departure,can the test be done anywhere?
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Forget all they've been saying, focus on these:

1) GET TO THE AIRPORT ON TIME!!!
I mean like 4 to 5 hours before flight.
Once you do this you become the boss. They can't use their usual trick of u may miss flight.
Believe it or not, most people do things at last minute.

2) Have some small naira on you or be able to go and withdraw some. If you are at the airport on time there is no problem a little "gift" can't solve. Don't see airport as where you'd solve Nigeria's corruption problem. Those people have to eat too!

3) Once you are at airport on time, don't just sit in one corner. Talk to fellow travelers, they'd tell you how best to navigate, especially veteran travellers.
Even talk to airport workers, but be careful.

4) Try and be among first to weigh your bags and do check-in so if there are problems you'd have ample time to resolve it.

5) Be clear about your departure gate. Once checked in, go and sit there. Other people taking same flight will also be sitting there. In case there are changes you don't know about, their movements will alert you.

6) Know things like what's not allowed on airplane, amount of fluids you can carry, food, etc. No sense bringing something and they throw it out at boarding

7) BE ON TIME!!! Most people are kept busy by final arrangements at home, or delayed by traffic, and make it to the airport under time pressure - and become food for airport hustlers!

I couldn't have said it much better than this.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by thesmallgod(m): 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
You need to state the country you are going. Many countries in Europe still demand for PCR test even if you are vaccinated. It must not be more than 72 hours. You need to calculate how much time you will spend before arriving at your destination so that you will know when to do the pcr test.
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by solidmyk(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
seunny4lif:
Jakpa now grin
Everybody dey Jakpa grin
God when? God pick my call

Make sure say your visa is valid and original ooh because we dey hear the stories of scammer agents getting their client fake visas.

Hold money ooh incase because those yeye immigration officials and customers officials are useless, they have made many people to missed their flight especially first time travellers.

You can scream and shout on them but those people no dey fear anything because they know that nothing will happen as corruption in Nigeria is too high.

Abeg no return oooh, stay that side
Baba no dey mock us wey Neva get money nw grin
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by thesmallgod(m): 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Mike072:
Quick one guys. For countries that require u take the covid test 72 hrs before departure,can the test be done anywhere?
You can't do the test anywhere. Here is the link to some private centers accredited by NCDC
https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/privatelabs/
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by YourFavorite21(m): 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
If I see opportunity to leave this shit hole, I no go bother to come back, ahswear! grin
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by PoliteActivist: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
byrron:

I couldn't have said it much better than this.

Thanks bro. Can u please tell me more about the digital income biz?
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Depressed101: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Once you do this you become the boss. They can't use their usual trick of u may miss flight.

2) Have some small naira on you or be able to go and withdraw some. If you are at the airport on time there is no problem a little "gift" can't solve. Don't see airport as where you'd solve Nigeria's corruption problem. Those people have to eat too!

3) Once you are at airport on time, don't just sit in one corner. Talk to fellow travelers, they'd tell you how best to navigate, especially veteran travellers.

4) Try and be among first to weigh your bags and do check-in so if there are problems you'd have ample time to resolve it.

5) Be clear about your departure gate. Once checked in, go and sit there. Other people taking same flight will also be sitting there. In case there are changes you don't know about, their movements will alert you.

6) Know things like what's not allowed on airplane, amount of fluids you can carry, food, etc. No sense bringing something and they throw it out at boarding

7) BE ON TIME!!! Most people are kept busy by final arrangements at home, or delayed by traffic, and make it to the airport under time pressure - and become food for airport hustlers!
stamped
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by PoliteActivist: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
Depressed101:
stamped

Thanks. How depressed r u BTW?
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by AfonjaConehead: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
Chatflick:
God when? I've been seriously thinking about going out of Nigeria. Probably an European country or Vietnam. I heard Vietnam isn't bad.
Vietnam!!!! You gotta be kidding!
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by AfonjaConehead: 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
chidonweb:
Every body want to Japa.

Stay and fight for your country.
The country you are running to, people fought for it to be what it is today

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Antmanned(m): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Limassol:

A European country would be better. Have you looked towards the likes of Poland and Czechia?
Are you living in Poland?
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by seunny4lif(m): 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
grin cheesy
How grin
I wan run too oooh
solidmyk:

Baba no dey mock us wey Neva get money nw grin
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by ImpactBooks: 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
My sincere gratitude for all your guidance. For those who have been asking for my destination country - France. But, my final destination is either Germany or Canada.

Thank you
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Depressed101: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Thanks. How depressed r u BTW?
not really, that's just my moniker
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by ImpactBooks: 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

After second dose....then no problem ...you don't need another fuckkking dose

But wait o...you really want japa leave us like this o

And you nor even tell us the country way you dey go o...

First destinated country, France while Final destination is either Germany or Canada
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by solidmyk(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
seunny4lif:
grin cheesy
How grin
I wan run too oooh
You be big man now
No dey use us catch cruise for here baba grin
Me sef wan be like you
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Lewisdinho(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Op please send me invite when u get there, i wan japa also.
This country don tire me ah swear.
If na visa i go run am myself, just send me invite grin grin
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by ImpactBooks: 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
[quote author=PoliteActivist post=107330473]

7) BE ON TIME!!! Most people are kept busy by final arrangements at home, or delayed by traffic, and make it to the airport under time pressure - and become food for airport hustlers![/quote

Thanks Sir for your tutoring. Although, you sound like I've never fly on a plane before (Lol). Not at all. I fly plane more often but local. Infact, there is no month that I don't fly but like I posited before, it has always been local. So, I know the local flight protocol.

I only need tutorial on International flight protocols being my first time on that route.
Anyways, I appreciate your guidance.

Stay blessed Sir

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by lereinter(m): 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

I love your comment

Don't see airport as where you'd solve Nigeria's corruption problem

The bolded is what I call wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by A1kennedy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
Get the country(abroad) constitution and follow it.
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by nnewa: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Have actually though for a long while on the prospect of travelling. But weighed down by family. Thinking of cost and unfamiliarity of the new environment.
I have been searching for a platform trusted avenues.
I am happy for you
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by ImpactBooks: 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
Congratulations!
1. Your valid international passport with visa on it ( not expired passport or visa)
2. Relevant document to show where you will receive medical treatment
3. BTA depends on the country
4. If you are paying for the treatment have proof of funds to back up your CLAIMS
5. Yellow vaccination shot card ( Nigeria Immigration can make you pay for that shit)
6. Covid vaccination card showing first and second shot.
7. Since is your first time of travelling, please travel lite don't pack all your credentials and clothes along) that is a red flag to show you planning to runaway.
8. Pack you luggage yourself and know the location of each items in your luggage do not assist people to pick up shit for another person living abroad.
9. Know the airline baggage and boarding policy
10. Mind your business at the airport do not assist nobody for whatever reasons until you get to your destinations

Back to the fools at the Airport in Nigeria
Do not panic when you meet with them,
Be precise in answering them.
Never attempt to offer them money
Do not travel with processed food like beef, fish or snail especially to USA
Keep straight face conversation with them.
God bless your trip

On point. �. Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by ImpactBooks: 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
1. Make sure you have your visa and your passport. 2.You don’t have to give anybody anything.
3. No put blended egusi inside your carry on luggage. Customs will take it away from you grin
3. No put liquid or semi liquid for inside your carryon luggage.
4. Make sure you weigh your bag from home to avoid adjusting your luggage at the airport.

May God take you safely to your destination and may where you are going favour you.

Amen. Thank you Sir
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by oylam(m): 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
chidonweb:
Every body want to Japa.

Stay and fight for your country.
The country you are running to, people fought for it to be what it is today

Things will go bat shit crazy in that case
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by PoliteActivist: 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
ImpactBooks:

Thanks Sir for your tutoring. Although, you sound like I've never fly on a plane before (Lol). Not at all. I fly plane more often but local. Infact, there is no month that I don't fly but like I posited before, it has always been local. So, I know the local flight protocol.

I only need tutorial on International flight protocols being my first time on that route.
Anyways, I appreciate your guidance.

Stay blessed Sir

Forget local flights. Local flights are almost same as taking a bus. International flights are totally different and that's what I was writing about.
Another thing, if you have a stop-over, make sure you know the requirements of the stop-over country. Also know if your airline offers stop-over meal vouchers or other accommodation - some airlines won't automatically tell you.
Also, airlines and airplanes are different types. If you not sure about anything, politely ask. Don't pretend to know it all.
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by PoliteActivist: 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2021
Depressed101:
not really, that's just my moniker

I suspected as much cheesy Cheers

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by PoliteActivist: 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
lereinter:

I love your comment

Don't see airport as where you'd solve Nigeria's corruption problem

The bolded is what I call wisdom.

Thanks. Isn't it funny how some people will pay all sorts of bribe to help expedite their passports, visas, etc, but become corruption fighters once they get to the airport! cheesy
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by seunny4lif(m): 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
cheesy
Forget oooh
Na Akure I dey ooooh
solidmyk:

You be big man now
No dey use us catch cruise for here baba grin
Me sef wan be like you
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by solidmyk(m): 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
seunny4lif:
cheesy
Forget oooh
Na Akure I dey ooooh
Akure ke grin
I doubt if you'll ever come visiting UAR not to talk of Akure, anyways enjoy your day sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Tanker, Truck Collision: Driver Dies, 3 Others Injured (Graphic Photo) / Accident Kills Many In Kano (Graphic Photos) / The Saudi Arabians Treat Us Like Animals - Black African Maids Cry Out For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.