Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola (14840 Views)

Olushola Popoola Denied Visa By Canada Because He Was A Member Of SARS / Why Nigerian Youths Won’t Forget Osinbajo. By Oluwafemi Popoola / Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
Nightalan:

*Sigh...Oh! I'm just another rabble-rousing bastard, Eh? I'll tell my daddy to go jerk off.
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by BabaO2: 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
Sowore ruined his own career by not being principled and strategic, if he had not contested 2019 election and later declared his selfish "revolution now", he would have wrongly been the voice of the people by now. He talks rubbish like a local boy most often, he should learn to be strategic and diplomatic with issues and people.

1 Like

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
mapet:

1. Why will he debunk news that was already debunked in time past?
2. When you advise "wait till all facts are in", did you consider your prior statement "Isn't it too early to be vouching for a Nigerian politician?" Did you avail yourself with any fact that suggests Osinbajo is linked to the collapsed building, and as such taken a "cannot vouch position"? Did you wait for all facts in?

You missed my point totally in a bid to defend the VP.

If all the facts aren't in yet, then the writer shouldn't have even put pen to paper in the first place...unless he was paid to.

That's my point. Gerrit?
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by okefranci: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
I cant engage you too much beccause I could see that you are demented and have brain tumour
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by mapet: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
TripleOh7:

You missed my point totally in a bid to defend the VP.

If all the facts aren't in yet, then the writer shouldn't have even put pen to paper in the first place...unless he was paid to.

That's my point. Gerrit?

It is the logic of your point I question. If all facts aren't in yet, on what basis was the building linked to Osinbajo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by okefranci: 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
You guys thought you can tarnish the image and good reputation of an upright man like Osinbajo not knowing you guys are promoting him the more

1 Like

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by ugotaya: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
PHCN Official Nearly Killed By Neighbours For Cutting Their Electricity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBBgzwpXG8
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Danjikanbauchi: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
MENELIIK:

Osu Jewish Fo*l (OJF). Please be proud of your potopoto heritage
achalugonwa and MENELIIK are same bigote. grin grin kwolokwolo munafukai.
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by ignis: 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
Osibanjo will be used and dumped.
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
mapet:

It is the logic of your point I question. If all facts aren't in yet, on what basis was the building linked to Osinbajo?

That all facts aren't in yet doesn't mean that the facts linking the building to Osinbajo haven't been released.

But that's not my point still. I don't know if you keep missing it on purpose.

If all the facts aren't in yet, then on what basis is the write-up written?

The news broke today and someone is already writing an epistle to justify the VP.

Does he have all the facts?

If he does, he would and should have included them in his write-up which he didn't and that's why I used the adjective wishy-washy in my first post.

Gerrit now?
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by mapet: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
TripleOh7:

That all facts aren't in yet doesn't mean that the facts linking the building to Osinbajo haven't been released.

But that's not my point still. I don't know if you keep missing it on purpose.

If all the facts aren't in yet, then on what basis is the write-up written?

The news broke today and someone is already writing an epistle to justify the VP.

Does he have all the facts?

If he does, he would and should have included them in his write-up which he didn't and that's why I used the adjective wishy-washy in my first post.

Gerrit now?

Well I cannot Gerrit....especially assumption that betrays logic from the very first point. You expect to take the "Osinbajo link" as valid while questioning a writer that questions validity of the news?

Meanwhile it would do you a lot of good to go read the Sahara report on the Osinbajo link and if you care come back and tell me about evidence...

1 Like

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
mapet:

Well I cannot Gerrit....especially assumption that betrays logic from the very first point. You expect to take the "Osinbajo link" as valid while questioning a writer that questions validity of the news?

Meanwhile it would do you a lot of good to go read the Sahara report on the Osinbajo link and if you care come back and tell me about evidence...

Me: On what basis is the writer debunking the allegations?

You: because it's false

Me: how do you or the writer know it's false?

You: the Sahara reporters story is false.

Me: isn't it too early to debunk the story since you don't know whether it's true or not.

You: it's not true. We have proof.

Me: why didn't the writer include the proof in his write-up?

You: .......

I don't know how simply I can put this.

I'm not one to follow trends but...if you don't gerrit, forgerrit.
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by techWriter3: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
the group scumbags and their obsessive with Nigerians
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by mapet: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
TripleOh7:

Me: On what basis is the writer debunking the allegations?

You: because it's false

Me: how do you or the writer know it's false?

You: the Sahara reporters story is false.

Me: isn't it too early to debunk the story since you don't know whether it's true or not.

You: it's not true. We have proof.

Me: why didn't the writer include the proof in his write-up?

You: .......

I don't know how simply I can put this.

I'm not one to follow trends but...if you don't gerrit, forgerrit.

This interpretation of your get as e be....Is it delusion grandeur, selective amnesia or comprehension deficit? FYI I did take any position as alluded in your pseudo rhetoric...or you're trying to shape narrative to sound valid, that you're doing a terrible job at

1 Like

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by TheOgaBoss: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
TripleOh7:
Interesting.

Definitely a paid hack.

Here's what the writer did, he began by first listing the various, probably false, allegations of corruption against the VP that never gained traction and spent time debunking the already debunked stories.

Then when he mentioned the collapsed building, he didn't debunk any of the points raised. He just did a wishy washy thing and ended abruptly.

Isn't it too early to be vouching for a Nigerian politician? Why not wait until all the facts are in, unless of course you've been paid to do this.
as much as I don't want to hold brief for the VP, did u read the article purportedly linking the VP to the said property? That article did not really contain any substantive evidence, just a bunch of hearsays, seriously I think that article represents a new low for Sahara reporters as a news agency, I expect a much more detailed, evidence-based report from them, not some speculative bullsh*t.

1 Like

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by jaxxy(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
Fahdiga:
A pay me I write for you agent on the prowl. It is easy to know a paid post when you see one and this piece of junk is definitely one. Osinbajo is a short deceitful imp and a fake pastor who will never end well

With the way I defend ipob/iponk I really don’t know what to say about ur comments. Lol
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Fahdiga(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
jaxxy:

With the way I defend ipob/iponk I really don’t know what to say about ur comments. Lol
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by aviara: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Who else if not Tinubu

Tinubu see Osibanjo as threat to his 2023 ambition so he will go after him like a wounded lion

Tinubu and politics of blackmail and betrayal can't be seperated

Afonja fighting another afonja. Betrayal loading

1 Like

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Deputy1111(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Osinbajo has always make us proud as a country, I see greater Nigeria with Osinbajo in power.
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Indispensable85(m): 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
TripleOh7:
Interesting.

Definitely a paid hack.

Here's what the writer did, he began by first listing the various, probably false, allegations of corruption against the VP that never gained traction and spent time debunking the already debunked stories.

Then when he mentioned the collapsed building, he didn't debunk any of the points raised. He just did a wishy washy thing and ended abruptly.

Isn't it too early to be vouching for a Nigerian politician? Why not wait until all the facts are in, unless of course you've been paid to do this.

But it's not too early to destroy a Nigerian politician without concrete evidence right?

1 Like

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by sandymikky: 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
Paid defenders on the prowl. Osinbajo is as dirty as the rest of them politicians, so don't make a saint out of him.
If he's sure it's fake news, he should sue Sahara reporters, all these paid write ups won't cut it with me.
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by aviara: 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
Fahdiga:
A pay me I write for you agent on the prowl. It is easy to know a paid post when you see one and this piece of junk is definitely one. Osinbajo is a short deceitful imp and a fake pastor who will never end well

A very poor way of analysing potential candidate for 2023 presidential election. Even if you are paid to launder a candidate you have to do with class, well styled, fairness to other potential candidates.

Prof Osibanjo belongs to an administration that has been widely seen by majority of Nigerians as a colossal failure by all indicators whether security, economy, national cohesion, corruption and respect for law and human rights.

Osibanjo said on national television shortly after inauguration in 2015 that he was going to be in charge of steering the affairs of the economy. Under his supervision, we have seen our economy nosediving without any remedy. The naira has been devalued again and again, inflation is at an all time high level, many businesses have been forced to close shop because of poor policies.

Furthermore, Osibanjo as a prof of law have not for once stood or publicly condemned the lawlessness, disregard for court orders and the several abuse of human rights which has become the characteristics of this govt.

Howbeit, I love hearing the prof speak becos he has a good command of the English than his principal. But good English and speeches was not the main reason why he was elected into office. If truly this govt has failed to deliver as expected by majority of Nigerians, its my opinion that Osibanjo is equally a colossal failure becos he is a major part of this govt and no one should try to exonerate him.
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Fahdiga(m): 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
aviara:

A very poor way of analysing potential candidate for 2023 presidential election. Even if you are paid to launder a candidate you have to do with class, well styled, fairness to other potential candidates.

Prof Osibanjo belongs to an administration that has been widely seen by majority of Nigerians as a colossal failure by all indicators whether security, economy, national cohesion, corruption and respect for law and human rights.

Osibanjo said on national television shortly after inauguration in 2015 that he was going to be in charge of steering the affairs of the economy. Under his supervision, we have seen our economy nosediving without any remedy. The naira has been devalued again and again, inflation is at an all time high level, many businesses have been forced to close shop because of poor policies.

Furthermore, Osibanjo as a prof of law have not for once stood or publicly condemned the lawlessness, disregard for court orders and the several abuse of human rights which has become the characteristics of this govt.

Howbeit, I love hearing the prof speak becos he has a good command of the English than his principal. But good English and speeches was not the main reason why he was elected into office. If truly this govt has failed to deliver as expected by majority of Nigerians, its my opinion that Osibanjo is equally a colossal failure becos he is a major part of this govt and no one should try to exonerate him.
Nothing to add or minus. You've said it all
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by aviara: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
Davash222:
Yolobo Muslim(Tinubu) is doing everything possible to bring down Yoloba Christian(Star Boy)

But, let's pretend the Yorubas are united.

cool

So yolobas too are not united? I thought it was only igbos that aren't united. Let's see how it goes
Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by clothingonline(m): 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2021
Because he is Apc every rumour is true but if he is your man na lie ?
Fear God quite hate

Affordable men clothing Lagos and nationwide dispatch daily

1 Like

Re: Fake News Debacle: Who Is After VP Osinbajo Again? - By Oluwafemi Popoola by Dejyom(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
All reprobate and scrupulous elements scheming to smear VP Yemi Osinbajo shall be put to shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency: Yusuf Buhari Impersonated On Instagram / APC Rejects INEC's Call For Name Change / Why Osun Governorship Tribunal Was Moved To Abuja – Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.