Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Help Me Identify The Problem With My Generator. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help Me Identify The Problem With My Generator. (502 Views)

Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. / Has My Generator Engined Knocked? Please Help!!! / Can You Identify The Owner Of These Phone Numbers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Identify The Problem With My Generator. by PROVERBZ(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
So guys I've been trying to turn on my generator a couple of times now and I noticed this:
I've put in enough fuel but after like two minutes, the power coming in begins to dwindle and then it turns off as if there is no petrol inside.
For those with the knowledge try and point out what's the fault so that I can watch YouTube videos on how to fix it.

Please don't come under the comments and suggest that I take it to the shop or call a guy.
I'm trying to be that guy that fixes things around plus I'm a student and have no money currently to fix it lol.
Re: Help Me Identify The Problem With My Generator. by Raymond0008(m): 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
PROVERBZ:
So guys I've been trying to turn on my generator a couple of times now and I noticed this.
I've put in enough fuel but after like to minutes, the power coming in begins to dwindle and then it turns off as if there is no petrol inside.
For those with the knowledge try and point out what's the fault so that I can watch YouTube videos on how to fix it.

Please don't come under the comments and suggest that I take it to the shop or call a guy.
I'm trying to be that guy that fixes things around plus I'm a student and have no money currently to fix it lol.
Change the engine oil and if it’s small gen, mix enough oil to it.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Identify The Problem With My Generator. by BlackXabbath(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
Check the hose that connects fuel tank and carburetor... make sure the hose is free.

Check fuel tank for rust particles, e fit block the fuel tap.

Finally if e no be "I pass my neighbor", check oil.
Re: Help Me Identify The Problem With My Generator. by PROVERBZ(m): 11:02am On Nov 06, 2021
BlackXabbath:
Check the hose that connects fuel tank and carburetor... make sure the hose is free.

Check fuel tank for rust particles, e fit block the fuel tap.

Finally if e no be "I pass my neighbor", check oil.
thanks ur assesment was spot on.
It's working now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Helicopter Shelled Southern Kaduna Villages, By Survivors / . / CBN Changing Naira Notes Is Economic Suicide For North, Says Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.