Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? (37317 Views)

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? / Igede Ekiti Youths Resist Arrest Of Dapo Olagunju, Irepodun/ifelodun LG Chairman / Mass Burial: Osinbajo, Amaechi Weep In Benue [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by BabaIbo: 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

I won't even reply them bro, those throwing insults are idoma and Igbo, this country is sick

Na wa for you o.

The guy that quoted you in the first thread(the one you later realized is an Igbo) was told to leave/free you by another Igbo person by not involving Igbos into your issue and he said he did it because you guys always do that when the topic is about Igbos, after that he heeded to the advice and didn't tackle you again.
Again, that is his own personal opinion/action not the action of Igbos in general.

I will advice you to concentrate on your purpose here and stop winning enemies to yourself and your course.

I have read many of the threads and majority of the few good remarks about your people are from Igbos.
Here you are thinking these same people are one of your problems.

You're giving people valid reasons to see you as the problem in Benue state which is not good for your course.

Before I saw this your response, I ignored those bad remarks(those calling your people slys*, betrayals,traitors etc.) and see them as one of those Nairaland things, but this your comment is giving me reason to consider what those guys(those one making bad remarks about your people) said about you guys.

Wetin concern Igbo in this wey make you make such statement?
I am just learning about your people today via this post, so focus on enlightening people about your people and free Igbo from your family issues.

Note: Igbos don't have any thing with Igede nor Idoma nor Tiv, it is your family issue.
I am not supporting any of you, I'm just enlightening myself here, so mind how you handle your enlightenment.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Idiko1: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

You have no Idea what you're talking about man.

I'm completely at sea how toxic this platform has become with firebrands making ridiculous comments about my tribe, the hatred is unwarranted and unacceptable, this single post and the negative comments I received will surely change my life regarding so many national issues, I made this thread to educate people, but some unscrupulous persons hijacked it and lunched unprecedented attacks from every angle, we all have our flaws and dark underbellies so people should stop being chilly.

This is the most hate filled thread I've ever come across on this platform and some people deserve to be banned.

This generation of our youth is even worse than the older generation that put us where we are currently. I forgive you all but I won't forget.

Racism and tribalism is the reason why there's so much chaos all over the world today, the same reason for our own civil war, rewanda genocide and the current situation in Ethiopia, all because some delusional people see others as subhumans and small fry.

Are you serious with respect to the bold? In addition, are you new to this forum? Have you ever had the chance to read threads pertaining to either Igbo or Yoruba on this forum? I guess your partiality could be understood but please the bolded is beyond being silly.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ajumma(m): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
JONSYN7154:
ainya choo.
Habo olila oma ta

imagine Igede kom the form level?
surprise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ajumma(m): 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
Malawian:

Akpamu is their god? Like the scrotum?

lol,,

they really sucked
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by God1000(m): 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
ajumma:

lol,,

they really sucked
You this lunatic made me blew my gasket and deviated from the main objective of this thread.

You are a very sick man, your sickness is incurable.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by JONSYN7154: 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
ajumma:

imagine Igede kom the form level?
surprise
am telling you fa.

Can you imaging!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by dalass(f): 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

Be cautious young lady, don't get into such awful conversation this night.

I don't know why you all cannot make a decent comment without vituperation.

Just deny such if its a lie....
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by dalass(f): 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
vickydevoka:

Irresponsibility is part of man's life especially when u are having a nagging woman at home (mind you 80% of women nags)

Nagging will certainly happen due to irresponsibility

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by God1000(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
dalass:

Just deny such if its a lie....

Igede tribe will continue to grow stronger and stronger, you will live long enough to witness our glorious days.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Greataby(m): 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

I'm surprised to hear that because we travel widely to different parts of Nigeria, particularly the South West.
You are right. A lot of Igede people in South West doing thier business peacefully. I know a couple of Igede people.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Godjone(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
omenkaLives:

Ajine Okpabi was a very educated man back then and found favour in the sights of the first Paramount Ruler, Ogiri Oko.

Ajine worked in a clinic in Late Ogiri Oko's hometown, Adoka, and also lived in a house provided by him.

At some point, he got married to the King's daughter but she couldn't bear him a child prompting her to suggest he married her younger sister. Given how much he was loved by the family, including the Paramount Ruler, the marriage was sealed.

Ogiri Oko went on to name Ajine Okpabi as the hair to his throne. It didn't go down too well with the council of chiefs but the "king had spoken".

That was how Ajine became the Ochi'Idoma.

He named one of his sons after the late king and his benefactor, Ogiri, who went on to become the deputy governor of Benue state.

Ajine became the Ochi'Idoma not because Igede and Idoma are the same but because Ogiri Oko personally anointed him to the throne.

With no prejudice to Idomas, culturally, we are more intertwined with the people of CRS than we are to them. But we are still brothers and share common political interests even though most of our people tend to trust the Tivs more than we do them. This is purely because they've not allowed us produce the Senator for Benue South since the inception of the Forth Republic, nor a minister from Zone C.

Read and learn bro. Read and learn.
so the hatred was because idomas didn't allow you to present a senator or minister. If i may ask, did Tiv allow us to present an idoma governor
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by TENHEU22(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
Please is true that Igede people are originally Hausa men from Katsina state?
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by J3susFr3ak: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
TENHEU22:
Please is true that Igede people are originally Hausa men from Katsina state?

No. Hausa people have their origins in the 12 Sharia States and are mostly Muslims. Please do not confuse or associate Christian ethnic minority groups with the Hausa.

The way Local Governments were named in the past leaves a lot to be desired. It also reflected the evil agenda of those in power at the time too e.g. Katsina-Ala which was created as an LGA in 1976. It was supposed to be named after the Katsina-Ala river used by the Royal Niger Company to ferry goods from the North banks of the river. I am very sure there must have been a local Tiv name for that river and not "Katsina-Ala". But the foolishness of the colonial administration is to name places usually based on what the migrant Hausa traders called them--and not what the indigenous natives called them. This needs to be corrected.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ajumma(m): 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

You this lunatic made me blew my gasket and deviated from the main objective of this thread.

You are a very sick man, your sickness is incurable.

that really show you are deranged & with poor retentive memory
imagine you forgotten your surname?

you need urgent medical evaluation
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by badboyTee(m): 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Very dirty people most of this people I know are dirty asf
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by God1000(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
badboyTee:
Very dirty people most of this people I know are dirty asf
Your entire ménage are bunch of grubby and squalid folks, go to hell
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by badboyTee(m): 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

Your entire ménage are bunch of squalid folks
am serious even devil can testify am saying the truth igede people like pussy and don't like education much and also bunch of dirty mfs imagine a 1983 man already has a boy which is 22 now the boy now useless doesn't go to school also an illiterate now think of since when this igede man go dey knack ? cheesy
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by God1000(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
badboyTee:
am serious even devil can testify am saying the truth igede people like pussy and don't like education much and also bunch of dirty mfs imagine a 1983 man already has a boy which is 22 now the boy now useless doesn't go to school also an illiterate now think of since when this igede man go dey knack ? cheesy

Stop drinking ogogoro so that you can think properly
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by badboyTee(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

Stop drinking ogogoro so that you can think properly
am sure you would look like a criminal in person cheesy
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by DaCharis2016: 7:33am On Nov 29, 2021
darfay:

Are both languages mutually intelligible?
If the languages couldn't prevent Ajene from attaining Ochi'Idoma, I don't think that's a basis for judging that Igede and Idoma are not same.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by EDhims(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2021
ghettowriter:

Wow, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Ainu Ucho. And for appreciating the hospitality of your said said Ex Gf. Ainu Ucho is my maternal home. In Igede land, Ainu people are known to make the best wives smiley . My Mum comes from the Okwuche's family. The same family that produced the reknowned Nigeria ambassador to France, a very popular bishop known as Bishop Okwuche and also a former Radio benue and CNN presenter known as Peter Okwuoche. Tho i lived majority of my life outside the state but i must confess Igede people are generally hard working, smart and homely. No tribe is 100% perfect. Just like every tribe we are made up of both good and some few not good people too. Do you have and Igede friend at the moment?

I do have a couple of Igede friends I met while there. Still in communication with 3 of them

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ghettowriter(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2021
EDhims:

I do have a couple of Igede friends I met while there. Still in communication with 3 of them

Okey. That nice
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by AfonjaConehead: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2021
omenkaLives:
We have our roots from Edo and share very close cultural ties with Ala people of Cross River. Also share appearances with Igbos. Most people say I'm igbo if asked to guess my tribe from my looks.

I've got Igbo uncles and aunts, though they're step siblings of my dad (paternal grandma got married to an Igbo man from Enugu after her husband's death).

Tufiakwa!!!!!! AWAAA!!!!!! GOD FORBID BAD THING!!!!!!
TUEEEH!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by darfay: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
DaCharis2016:
If the languages couldn't prevent Ajene from attaining Ochi'Idoma, I don't think that's a basis for judging that Igede and Idoma are not same.

It's just an honest question.
I have no vested interest in who's idoma or not
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by DaCharis2016: 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
darfay:

It's just an honest question.
I have no vested interest in who's idoma or not
Okay!

Idoma and Igede are intelligible.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by cheruv: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2021
Cosmatikka:

We no need them to be our brothers, those people can do to us wat Cain did to Abel in the Bible. Very wicked people. I served in their place and know wat they can do.
They once asked all the Igbos who own shops in their locality where I served not to open shop cos dey accused one Igbo guy of juju.
Within d 5days, hunger nearly killed them cos it's d Igbos that own the provision and medicine shops.
On the weekend, their youths had to go beg an Igbo man to come open his shop cos dere was no where to watch match apart from his place grin
You're quite correct...
An idoma police woman whom i work with also confirmed that in rural areas of Benue State, it is only Igbos that run all the provision and medicine shops

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Cryptobits(f): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
JONSYN7154:
am telling you fa.

Can you imaging!!
My number is on my profile, I am not a fan of DM or PM
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by God1000(m): 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
ShyBabe:

Keep replying every negative comments with insults, instead of you to tell the world abt your tribe, your comments says alot about igedes.
Elenushipoti.
Put yourself in my shoes dear, can you sit back and watch mischievous people rubbishing your tribe for no reason?

I'm not happy that this thread got derailed, I also deviated from the main objective, but it's not totally my fault.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2021
God1000:

Put yourself in my shoes dear, can you sit back and watch mischievous people rubbishing your tribe for no reason?

I'm not happy that this thread got derailed, I also deviated from the main objective, but it's not totally my fault.
I am so sorry.
I know it's not your fault, but then again, when you're headed somewhere, focus on your destination and forget about every other things, people will stop you to ask or say things to stop or discourage you, remember you don't have to stop to reply to everyone of them, if not, it might take you too long to get to get to your destination and if you're not careful, you might not get there.
People are bound to criticize every write-up no matter how good, you need not reply them ND if you choose to, reply without insult, it's hard but you'll just have to try.
It is not the JOURNEY but the DESTINATION.
Good morning.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by God1000(m): 7:31am On Dec 02, 2021
ShyBabe:

I am so sorry.
I know it's not your fault, but then again, when you're headed somewhere, focus on your destination and forget about every other things, people will stop you to ask or say things to stop or discourage you, remember you don't have to stop to reply to everyone of them, if not, it might take you too long to get to get to your destination and if you're not careful, you might not get there.
People are bound to criticize every write-up no matter how good, you need not reply them ND if you choose to, reply without insult, it's hard but you'll just have to try.
It is not the JOURNEY but the DESTINATION.
Good morning.
Good morning, and thanks for your kind words, I will ignore them next time.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2021
BabaIbo:

Na wa for you o.

The guy that quoted you in the first thread(the one you later realized is an Igbo) was told to leave/free you by another Igbo person by not involving Igbos into your issue and he said he did it because you guys always do that when the topic is about Igbos, after that he heeded to the advice and didn't tackle you again.
Again, that is his own personal opinion/action not the action of Igbos in general.

I will advice you to concentrate on your purpose here and stop winning enemies to yourself and your course.

I have read many of the threads and majority of the few good remarks about your people are from Igbos.
Here you are thinking these same people are one of your problems.

You're giving people valid reasons to see you as the problem in Benue state which is not good for your course.

Before I saw this your response, I ignored those bad remarks(those calling your people slys*, betrayals,traitors etc.) and see them as one of those Nairaland things, but this your comment is giving me reason to consider what those guys(those one making bad remarks about your people) said about you guys.

Wetin concern Igbo in this wey make you make such statement?
I am just learning about your people today via this post, so focus on enlightening people about your people and free Igbo from your family issues.

Note: Igbos don't have any thing with Igede nor Idoma nor Tiv, it is your family issue.
I am not supporting any of you, I'm just enlightening myself here, so mind how you handle your enlightenment.
One million likes for your comment.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2021
God1000:

Good morning, and thanks for your kind words, I will ignore them next time.
You're welcome Bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer / How Dasuki Aided Importation Of Illegal Arms Into Nigeria – NATFORCE / Soldiers Destroy Boko Haram, Capture High Calibre Weapons From Them (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.