Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? (37167 Views)

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? / Igede Ekiti Youths Resist Arrest Of Dapo Olagunju, Irepodun/ifelodun LG Chairman / Mass Burial: Osinbajo, Amaechi Weep In Benue [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 3:23am On Nov 28, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

A certain Mr Azikiwe must be a "yoloba"man then ! Most of you kids here must really think Nigeria came into existence in 1967 or 2015.

The fact is that your greedy,selfish and tactless tribe,Igbo laid the destructive foundation for everything that's wrong with Nigeria today. I won't educate you here and don't expect any response from me on this.
Educate yourself and your yoloba brothers. Betrayals. In Hausa we call u guys "Bia rabi

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by DominionGreat: 3:31am On Nov 28, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Guy chill Abeg I grew up as an Igbo guy in Mkd. You only schooled in Benue and assumed

Baba chill..no b everything mouth the talk... I was born n bred in makurdi.. So when I say I know what I am talking just trust me on that
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 3:37am On Nov 28, 2021
Igboid:

You are not enlightening anyone.
Igede and Idoma are Igbo neighbors.
We know everything all about una.
Don't come here writing nonsense.
We know the situation on ground.
If you are not seeking for pity party, what are you then doing here?

Abeg go and sit down under a tree make I see road.
Igede and ogoja in crossriver.
Some part of idoma n igala are closer to igbos
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 3:39am On Nov 28, 2021
mysticwarrior:
Igede women too like fvck and na for afternoon their witches dey fly.
Most women this days love Bleep abeg especially Yoruba women. I de fùck one currently
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 3:51am On Nov 28, 2021
dalass:

Why is it that most Igede men loves alcohol?

Also, their women are very hardworking but their men, though hardworking but mostly irresponsible to their own wives and kids?
Irresponsibility is part of man's life especially when u are having a nagging woman at home (mind you 80% of women nags)
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 3:54am On Nov 28, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
How are Tivs the fourth largest tribe in Nigeria? Are they up to the Nupes in population?
No. Gbagi , ijaw, Nupe are larger than tiv.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 3:58am On Nov 28, 2021
oyatz:

It is because it is the illiterate ones
doing menial or Agricultural jobs you meet. Educated Igede ladies are fantastic ladies.
Yes. Paul enenches wife is igede
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 4:01am On Nov 28, 2021
flokii:
I have met Idomas, Tivs, and some others I can't remember.. I don't think Igedes leave their lands like Tivs and Idomas do.
Igede leaves alot to Jos n Enugu. De go to neighboring town to aquire skill, especially tailoring n mechanics
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 4:06am On Nov 28, 2021
christistruth01:

Unfortunately if he wants to know how Virtuous his own Women folk are he should just go and Stand in front of any Brothel in Nigeria and Shout Ngozi he should be able to find at least half a dozen of his Sisters there
Let me tell you something, Igbo women must do prostitution bcus most of dem especially from imo state don't get married due to high bride price n men's delay in marriage n if de make it, de will go for a younger ones n abandon de older ones. Most of them get fustrated, n are mocked at home. Some de will leave home n go far to prostitute to make a living n stay away from embarrassment
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by BKayy: 4:18am On Nov 28, 2021
vickydevoka:

Let me tell you something, Igbo women must do prostitution bcus most of dem especially from imo state don't get married due to high bride price n men's delay in marriage n if de make it, de will go for a younger ones n abandon de older ones. Most of them get fustrated, n are mocked at home. Some de will leave home n go far to prostitute to make a living n stay away from embarrassment
For you to have this kind of well detailed knowledge shows that you are talking about your own women not Igbo.

Have you seen any Igbo man complain of the "high" bride price you are talking about before?

Only Yoruba rats do that because they want to marry the most sought after women in the world, which is Igbo Angelic Ladies but they want it to be the same price with their lower class women that worth close to nothing.
They are just like poor people dreaming of gold carriage.

All these lies about prostitution, whatever you people make up these days is to kill their ego so that they might start taking you foreigners opinion probably with a pinch salt but one thing you people don't know is that Igbo women don't care, and both the men and women rarely marry outside the nation

BTW, I wonder where you get this your high rate of unmarried Igbo women from when every thing with penis in Nigeria wants to marry an Igbo woman.
You want to marry an Igbo woman, Yoruba want to marry and Igbo woman, Ijaw want to marry an Igbo woman, Hausa sef want, every human that have penis in Nigeria want Igbo woman as wife and it is extremely rare for the men (Igbo men) to marry outside so where did you get this "High rate of unmarried Igbo women from?" is it one of your scope to beat the competition on the highly limited chance you non-Igbo have and get one?

One rare thing in an Igbo family is to have a lady living alone in the name of work. It is either she is schooling or working from either the father or relatives house.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by studentwriter(m): 4:37am On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:
how please?
In your wild imagination abi
so far igede is in Benue state and located in the North then I see them as Northerners, Hausas and Muslims
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by studentwriter(m): 4:38am On Nov 28, 2021
vickydevoka:

some bitter truths dey this statement oh
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by studentwriter(m): 4:40am On Nov 28, 2021
Ekealterego:

Maybe you can start by clarifying the main controversies then go into the main interesting things about you people.

What are the common words for parts of the body and house hold items

Who are your neighbours and boundaries.

in other states, who is closest to you people.
what is your language classification (scientific and academic linguistic classifications).

What are the major challenges you people face.

Go ahead and rectify the Idoma controversy with facts o, not sentiments.

No 1. Idoma controversy.
this is too systematic, technical and highly intellectual for him to comprehend oh
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by BKayy: 4:43am On Nov 28, 2021
studentwriter:
some bitter truths dey this statement oh
Here they come. The paupers eyeing Gold carriage.

You people think you can reduce the value with defamation but that doesn't work in Natures stock exchange.

Igbo women are still the reason nobody talks about other women in Nigeria and to large extent Africa.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by J3susFr3ak: 4:43am On Nov 28, 2021
studentwriter:
so far igede is in Benue state and located in the North then I see them as Northerners, Hausas and Muslims

I think you're deluded here kiddo. These Christian Middle Belters will never be a part of your elusive "monolithic" fantasy.

I suppose the next re-structuring should enforce the Middle Belt region already. Be proud of your Arewa heritage but please leave those lovely people who love the God of Israel out of it! No one cares about your "North" -- apart from you perhaps.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by blaqoracle: 4:59am On Nov 28, 2021
omenkaLives:
Glad to meet my brother here.

Dont know how long you've been on Nairaland but be prepared to tolerate alot of bulshit from those guys. Over the years, there's literally nothing they've not thrown at me. Recently they started claiming Ameka is Igbo land and part of Biafra. My clan, part of Biafra, how!!??

Very annoying species of humans.
ikpos are confused about their boundary about their identity, about their nationality, and about their religion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Born2Breed(f): 5:06am On Nov 28, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

Nobody reckons with your "pit latrine" Bini tribe,so Bleep off this thread ! It's funny how you mumu want everybody to trace their sources to your little enclave of primitive people ! Like the guy you quoted rightly asked; what's the tale this time around ? A missing prince or a banished Ogiso begot Igede people,right ? Take it or leave it,you guys are just little inconsequential tribe from the south south and nothing more!

I'm less bothered about the question from a tribe that was made relevant by rejected slaves.

How can a sane human determine the greatness of a tribe by the present population? It is not only absurd but outrightly silly.

Make useful your ass wiping hand and stop being pained that you had no name until the return of the rejected slaves.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Born2Breed(f): 5:09am On Nov 28, 2021
Putindbutt:

Don't be confused my boy. Read up on the history of Ogiso. He fell from the sky, trekked to igodo to establish his kingdom over the modern day edos.

Read & learn my boy.

The joke is on you girl.

It's a waste of time going on and forth with a miserable ignoramus whose progenitor are still confused of their origin.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by studentwriter(m): 5:13am On Nov 28, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

I think you're deluded here kiddo. These Christian Middle Belters will never be a part of your elusive "monolithic" fantasy.

I suppose the next re-structuring should enforce the Middle Belt region already. Be proud of your Arewa heritage but please leave those lovely people who love the God of Israel out of it! No one cares about your "North" -- apart from you perhaps.

you're an IPOB member from the East. so I don't see how these post concerns you.
The Igede people and the whole of Benue and it's entirety have accepted Their cultural, geographical and religious identity as Hausas, Northerners, and Muslims and you have nothing to do about it.
kiss the truth.
and please there is no such word as middle belt. it doesn't exist in Nigeria's geopolitical structure. it's either North or South and Benue is under the former as a core Northern State.
cc Pointzerom, Energingnation Bkayy and other ipob members read and get enlightened.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by KosiGee(m): 5:15am On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

Look at this Berk again, will you just shut your fetid and putrid mouth Mr man, betrayal in what way? We know our history from time immemorial as an entity, your spurious and sham claims doesn't hold water, it's rather unconsciousnable.
The political desperados in your tribe have done the entire Benue south a great disservice with their shenanigans over the years, they've embezzled everything and impoverished us all, so you need to stop the mendacious whopper.
Because the political system favours you today doesn't mean it will remain that way forever.
You need to stop spreading falsehood and disinformation, we're not under idoma and we will never be.

If you want to promote your people and educate folks here, I’ll advise you to wear a positive robe…the deaf and mischievous ones here will be defeated by your positive energy and vibes and will have no option than to align with your thoughts.

If you choose to write like Kperoogi and Obiaghiagbon with the foulness of the El Rufais then sorry, your energy will be drained and you’ll leave this forum worse.

It’s not every comment that you respond to, while trying to show off the richness and depth of your linguistic skills, you will smear yourself in the mud.
Some people are here to troll and drain you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:45am On Nov 28, 2021
DominionGreat:

Baba chill..no b everything mouth the talk... I was born n bred in makurdi.. So when I say I know what I am talking just trust me on that

Don’t judge using who you met. I have spent over 30 years in Maktown. I got main paddies who are Igedes and I’ve even gone to their villages.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by yom2(m): 5:47am On Nov 28, 2021
ajumma:
Igede are traitors & recalcitrant folks
after given post of Ochi idoma,
they came back to claim of not being an idoma.

igede & biafra 5& 6
so much subdivision
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:49am On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:

You have no Idea what you're talking about man.

I'm completely at sea how toxic this platform has become with firebrands making ridiculous comments about my tribe, the hatred is unwarranted and unacceptable, this single post and the negative comments I received will surely change my life regarding so many national issues, I made this thread to educate people, but some unscrupulous persons hijacked it and lunched unprecedented attacks from every angle, we all have our flaws and dark underbellies so people should stop being chilly.

This is the most hate filled thread I've ever come across on this platform and some people deserve to be banned.

This generation of our youth is even worse than the older generation that put us where we are currently. I forgive you all but I won't forget.

Racism and tribalism is the reason why there's so much chaos all over the world today, the same reason for our own civil war, rewanda genocide and the current situation in Ethiopia, all because some delusional people see others as subhumans and small fry.

You don’t need to reply everyone here on Nairaland. It’s a faceless forum that has given several peeps the opportunity to troll cool

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by yom2(m): 5:53am On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:
stop talking bullshit, no one is asking for your pity, I made this post to enlighten ignorant and misquided folks like you, with this your mindset and mentality, Tiv will never give you a chance to rule benue, don't ever claim preeminence over us because nobody knows tomorrow.
do u speak similar language with idoma and ogoja?
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Streetpriest1: 5:54am On Nov 28, 2021
You don't have sense. He was only giving you
directions on how to make ur story clear and accurate before you attacked him.
God1000:

Another Igbo guy on my neck again

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ocheezie: 6:01am On Nov 28, 2021
God1000:
stop talking bullshit, no one is asking for your pity, I made this post to enlighten ignorant and misquided folks like you, with this your mindset and mentality, Tiv will never give you a chance to rule benue, don't ever claim preeminence over us because nobody knows tomorrow.

Hate and bitterness and inferiority complex did not let you settle down to analyse his origin before throwing vituperations at the Idomas, not realising the person is not even from Benue. Heal yourself pls.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by EJEHSON(m): 6:20am On Nov 28, 2021
If you and your fellow igedes are not clowns, you should know that ministerial appointment comes from the presidency and sometimes by recommendation of the governor. The last time I checked, an Idomas man has never sat as the governor.
If the Tiv people are hospitable as you claim, why do the igedes forbid marrying from the Tiv?
That's because they know the Tivs have no culture. Nothing is a taboo to them.
Whether you are a Tiv man or an Igede man, I don't care. You can say whatever you want.
The Tiv have been the the state governor for the past twenty two years. What development have that brought to even their people?
Their people are living in abject poverty, crying for just salary, begging from place to place. An average Benue man is either a civil servant or an okada man, no factory anywhere.
Even the few factories have been relocated to other states because of unreasonable taxes yet you put your blame on the Idomas.
Political marginalization is not a Benue thing alone, it's a major Nigerian problem and that's why the igbos and other regions are crying of neglect.
Even Amongst the Tiv, other areas like vandekya are still crying of marginalization. The Etulo in Buruku are also crying of discrimination.
So my Tiv/Igede brother, stop talking like an educated illiterate.

Prolific007:

The man said what he said so let him be or will you force him to accept your own ideology?.
The idomas always feel they're wiser and smarter even when it's obvious they're fo.olish since they always want down Benue by all means just for the fact that they're not given chance to rule as governor. If they're claiming that the Tivs have born to rule mentality what is their own situation with the igede's regarding senatorial seat and a slot for Ministerial appointment where idomas always sideline them igede's. The igede's like the Tivs because they're even more hospitable than the idoma's even though they do land dispute sometimes. Idoma's are too ethnocentric in nature
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Gesman: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2021
Igboid:

That's a typical Nigerian. They don't like the truth or rationality.
You become an enemy when you tell them the truth.
your post is full of controversy and sentiment and that is the problem,you didn't really hit the nail on the head in terms of enlighten the people about your tribe, rather you dive into politics and play the victim card forgetting they are other tribes that are minority to Igede in Benue.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ajumma(m): 6:55am On Nov 28, 2021
Malawian:

Akpamu is their god? Like the scrotum?

no mind those ingrate
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ajumma(m): 6:57am On Nov 28, 2021
Jeffy1206:
say na your papa born us come be idoma abi? So if an idoma person becomes a governor in Benue State, does that makes him Tiv? Shut ur mouth if got no reasonable thing to say undecided. Igede ihio!!! Nice one op

read the English first
the analogy are not same
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ajumma(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2021
slaypapa:

@God1000, this guy is an Igede man with this very comment. He is jst pulling ur legs or jst to make u angry pls don't mind him. That's nairaland for u, nothing is smooth here grin

sacrileges
tufikawa
igede an ingrate
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ajumma(m): 7:07am On Nov 28, 2021
davidque:

So tell us your story.......why do you call the Igedes traitors?

read my response to
that traitor

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Edo: Heavy Security, As INEC Begins Distribution Of Sensitive Materials (Photos) / Fani-kayode Arrives EFCC In Police Convoy / Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.