Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? (37366 Views)

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? / Igede Ekiti Youths Resist Arrest Of Dapo Olagunju, Irepodun/ifelodun LG Chairman / Mass Burial: Osinbajo, Amaechi Weep In Benue [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by BabaIbo: 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
ShyBabe:

One million likes for your comment.

Thank you Shybabe

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
BabaIbo:

Thank you Shybabe
You're welcome.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by daddytime(m): 8:58am On Dec 18, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but

This is loaded and I love it.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by daddytime(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2021
EJEHSON:
If you and your fellow igedes are not clowns, you should know that ministerial appointment comes from the presidency and sometimes by recommendation of the governor. The last time I checked, an Idomas man has never sat as the governor.
If the Tiv people are hospitable as you claim, why do the igedes forbid marrying from the Tiv?
That's because they know the Tivs have no culture. Nothing is a taboo to them.
Whether you are a Tiv man or an Igede man, I don't care. You can say whatever you want.
The Tiv have been the the state governor for the past twenty two years. What development have that brought to even their people?
Their people are living in abject poverty, crying for just salary, begging from place to place. An average Benue man is either a civil servant or an okada man, no factory anywhere.
Even the few factories have been relocated to other states because of unreasonable taxes yet you put your blame on the Idomas.
Political marginalization is not a Benue thing alone, it's a major Nigerian problem and that's why the igbos and other regions are crying of neglect.
Even Amongst the Tiv, other areas like vandekya are still crying of marginalization. The Etulo in Buruku are also crying of discrimination.
So my Tiv/Igede brother, stop talking like an educated illiterate.

Objectively submitted with no sentiments.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by daddytime(m): 9:13am On Dec 18, 2021
Samunosuke:
This thread perfectly summarizes everything wrong within a microcosm in Nigeria and these issues are magnified on the national stage. If there exists this much hatred and animosity within 1 state, how much more 36? Every single tribe in Nigeria is home to large swaths of individuals that display the negative traits complained about on this thread about Igede but Nigerians with their quick to judge mentality have already labeled every member of the tribe based on minimal interaction.

Even if Nigeria is split into 36 countries there will never be progress as the problem isn’t who has power but rather the lack of an innate progressive mindset. Why should someone’s racial identity be determined by a third party? Even if Igede and Idoma combine politically and every single eligible voter supports a consensus candidate, Tiv will still win elections based on their overwhelming numbers. So I have to ask why all the noise?

Looking at Yala that is 90% similar to Idoma (Igede is at most 40%), Idoma call Yala people “Yala-achi” meaning bush Yala and you expect such people to associate and want to be with you? Igede are generally looked down upon in the state by both major tribes so any complaint of marginalization by them is the same as they give out. I don’t blame Fulani/Hausa/Arewa and the political elite who cling to power after all, they have the numbers (fudged or not) to legitimize their claim.

TLDR: Benue is the worst and most backward state in this country.

I enjoyed your submission.

Well done.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by daddytime(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

This is hilarious....and you are what now? The whole reference to being IPOB thing is amusing. You have no clue don't you?

How dare you impose your ridiculous identity on people who are historically, culturally, and religiously distinct from you. Imagine the nonsense..."hausas"? lol We Middle Belt Christians have nothing in common with your nonsensical core North identity. You are desperately trying to use this old trick to "swell" your numbers again huh?

North and South are aberrations created by the British....who did a lot of awful mistakes for the sake of administrative convenience. Who decides what the country's geopolitical structure should be like? The people within it. If there are people with enough common interest to want to redefine themselves and correct the British mistakes....I say, let them have it!

Our people still won't understand.

The problem is massive.

Those who it presently favours understands it and how skewed in their favour it is. That is why they'd rather die than live to see the status quo reversed.

So sad.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by SonOfEl(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
vickydevoka:

Oga I wish you have traveled around 9ja. Celebrities marry igbos bcus of beauty. That's y u hear people marrying Igbo bcuz it celebrity n it's on internet. Poor igbos especially imo n Abia guys Mary outside Igbo. Please go to hos n Kaduna u will see many of ur brothers there with north central women. Even Adamawa n taraba. Go to Lagos n Ogun. Baba take it or leave it Igbo gals hardly get married especially imo ladies. If u go any ashawo house for 9ja u no see Igbo lady abeg come back hear insult me.

Ignoramus spotted. Imo and Abia igbos poor? Lol.... This is lame.
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2022
SonOfEl:

Sabiramus
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by vickydevoka(m): 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
SonOfEl:

Anambra are de Rich igbos. Imos n Abia are also rich. Buh I'm referring to the poor imos n Abia s
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by SonOfEl(m): 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
vickydevoka:

Anambra are de Rich igbos. Imos n Abia are also rich. Buh I'm referring to the poor imos n Abia s

Quit trying to do damage control.

Go to okpoko and see the poor Anambarians. Every state has it's own poor demograph. My point? What you posted was indeed lame
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by Pejah97: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
mysticwarrior:
Igede women too like fvck and na for afternoon their witches dey fly.
lol you know nothing about them
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by ForumNL(m): 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
There are lot of them in Osun State, grew up among them

They are so peaceful
Re: What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? by firstratedcitiz(m): 5:58am On Dec 28, 2022
firstratedcitiz:
The only thing that I know of the Igedes are the plantains and, of course, their terrible language. I don't know between Ebira and the Igede which language sounds more terrible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fayose To Lai Mohammed: "At 69, You Vomit Evil From Your Septic-Tank-Like Mouth" / Peter Obi: I Am More Qualified Than Bola Tinubu / NLC 2-day Nationwide Protest (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.