Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Share Your Near Death Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Near Death Experience (1197 Views)

Near Death Experience / I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) / Share Your First Picture of The New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Near Death Experience by IamSandra: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kindly share your near death experience and how you were able to Overcome or conquer.
Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by debbydams(f): 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hummm

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by SportsHD: 3:23am On Nov 05, 2021
Bruh.

It was on my 19th birthday. I've already started making some cool cash online then. Decided to celebrate it with my roommates.

But, the devil that day decided to talk to my roommate to tell me about trans amusement park near UI in ibadan here. So, we wanted to call Uber, since na night and after three drivers failed to come pick us up, we decided to carry okada. Mehnnn

It started raining when we came out of the house. Well, we don plan am so no wam, we go brave the rain.

Na so we sight one aboki. Flagged him down. It was around nine in the night and we were three so we all decided to hop on the same bike.

Mind you, I was already higher than Jehova, like Popcaan says. Was high on various grades of mariwawi. I was in a state of euphoria at the moment, coupled with the fact that, I'm celebrating my birthday for the first time.

Anyway, as we passed ojoo police station side, the road became free, we were virtually the only one on the road. So, the aboki decided to play rush hour with our lives. All I know was the bike was gaining speed. I was at the back, the breeze was coming fast onto my face. Was so fuvcking high, I was enjoying it.

All of a sudden, na so one coaster bus, stood at an intersection, wanting to move to the other side.

The bike man was also racing towards it, tried to hold the brake, the brake didn't work.

The road was slippery, the bike was just sliding at 60mph towards the stationary coaster bus. Na so my roommate wey dey front grabbed the okada steering from the bike man and was dragging the two brakes simultaneously.

Next thing I heard was gboaaah. We fell down and was sliding towards the busy intersection, there was like five cars there. Then we hit the coaster bus on the side, the bike man fainted, we all fell on the streets, my eye cleared straight!
I wanted to stand up, so that I don't get crushed by other cars, I couldn't, my legs weren't working. Abobi, I don dey panic. As I was dragging myself on the road to the curb, some passersby came to help us. Dragged me onto the curb. I wasn't even looking at my other roommates wether they've died or not. My concern was about my leg and why it's not working.

As I was recuperating and seeing that I didn't have any major bruises and my legs didn't break or anything, I told God that if I can walk again, I'll quit drinking and smoking.

My other roommates, came to meet me where I was. Apparently, they weren't hurt. The bike man has also been resuscitated.

Roommate now said, let's continue to the amusement park, I told him that I couldn't walk. He said it's a minor issue that since my legs aren't broken, that I should try and walk it off. I stood up with their help and decided to go home to nurse my wounds. The niggas just flagged a car down and told the driver to proceed to the amusement park. I wan cry.

Afterwards, when we got to the park, my legs was already gaining traction back, even though I was still hurting.

I still downed a bottle of lords gin and some Henny that night. Even topped it with amusement park kush. My hands were shaking as I was holding the cup and smoking.
Was shaking like an old man.

Then, Called one of our guys to come pick us up. Told him that I was involved in an accident that I couldn't walk.

When we entered his car, he said; na you bastards wey get accident dey reek of alcohol like this? I said; let's thank God for life bruh.

Could've landed in the hospital or worse that night.
Now, I have phobia of driving on express ways or sending someone on an errand and the person wants to use okada.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by wunmi590(m): 3:32am On Nov 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Powersurge: 5:05am On Nov 05, 2021
Mine was old-man story as only about 0.02% can relate.

I grew up in riverine area in the west. The sea and I were friends grin. I usually go fishing during weekends to have money for school. Sometimes I go overnight and enter school in the morning. U see those bolsterous sea wave that could be as high as 3-storey building that you see in movies, they are my friends grin.

One day our boat capsized (with board engine. Yamaha 40). I was holding on to a floating object (mind you, I was in primary school. To let you know how young I was). Our net was all over the water. Engine was dragging the boat towards sea bed. But because of the size of the boat, the two were able to maintain equilibrium at some point.

One of those high rise waves collapse on my head while holding unto the float object. It's like those Poseidon's movies. It sent me straight into the floating ocean of net (if straitened, it will be up to 3km in length). I was entangled. Struggling for my life under the water. I could hear the other folks calling me. They were holding to their own floating stuff. But imagine for moment being entangled in such mass of net in a bolsterous water. Up till now, I don't know how I got out of that net. Because normally, I ought not to get out.

Afterwards, some rescue boat came to save us. Perhaps one day I would write about my experience as a young boy in a fishing village.

So all these Indomie generation wey dey form Bruce Lee online, una never see anything grin

PS: my experience in that fishing village as boy showed me that in order not to give birth to female-men, you MUST allow your male children to face certain things in life. It might not be fishing in the sea grin. BUT MEN ARE MADE BY EXPERIENCE AND TOUGHNESS.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Mood11: 5:10am On Nov 05, 2021
With the rate at which insecurity and strife is thriving in this country, living is already a near death experience cry
May the heavens deliver us all.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Mood11: 5:14am On Nov 05, 2021
SportsHD:
Bruh.

It was on my 19th birthday. I've already started making some cool cash online then. Decided to celebrate it with my roommates.

But, the devil that day decided to talk to my roommate to tell me about trans amusement park near UI in ibadan here. So, we wanted to call Uber, since na night and after three drivers failed to come pick us up, we decided to carry okada. Mehnnn

It started raining when we came out of the house. Well, we don plan am so no wam, we go brave the rain.

Na so we sight one aboki. Flagged him down. It was around nine in the night and we were three so we all decided to hop on the same bike.

Mind you, I was already higher than Jehova, like Popcaan says. Was high on various grades of mariwawi. I was in a state of euphoria at the moment, coupled with the fact that, I'm celebrating my birthday for the first time.

Anyway, as we passed ojoo police station side, the road became free, we were virtually the only one on the road. So, the aboki decided to play rush hour with our lives. All I know was the bike was gaining speed. I was at the back, the breeze was coming fast onto my face. Was so fuvcking high, I was enjoying it.

All of a sudden, na so one coaster bus, stood at an intersection, wanting to move to the other side.

The bike man was also racing towards it, tried to hold the brake, the brake didn't work.

The road was slippery, the bike was just sliding at 60mph towards the stationary coaster bus. Na so my roommate wey dey front grabbed the okada steering from the bike man and was dragging the two brakes simultaneously.

Next thing I heard was gboaaah. We fell down and was sliding towards the busy intersection, there was like five cars there. Then we hit the coaster bus on the side, the bike man fainted, we all fell on the streets, my eye cleared straight!
I wanted to stand up, so that I don't get crushed by other cars, I couldn't, my legs weren't working. Abobi, I don dey panic. As I was dragging myself on the road to the curb, some passersby came to help us. Dragged me onto the curb. I wasn't even looking at my other roommates wether they've died or not. My concern was about my leg and why it's not working.

As I was recuperating and seeing that I didn't have any major bruises and my legs didn't break or anything, I told God that if I can walk again, I'll quit drinking and smoking.

My other roommates, came to meet me where I was. Apparently, they weren't hurt. The bike man has also been resuscitated.

Roommate now said, let's continue to the amusement park, I told him that I couldn't walk. He said it's a minor issue that since my legs aren't broken, that I should try and walk it off. I stood up with their help and decided to go home to nurse my wounds. The niggas just flagged a car down and told the driver to proceed to the amusement park. I wan cry.

Afterwards, when we got to the park, my legs was already gaining traction back, even though I was still hurting.

I still downed a bottle of lords gin and some Henny that night. Even topped it with amusement park kush. My hands were shaking as I was holding the cup and smoking.

Then, Called one of our guys to come pick us up. Told him that I was involved in an accident that I couldn't walk.

When we entered his car, he said; na you bastards wey get accident dey reek of alcohol like this? I said; let's thank God for life bruh.

Now, I have phobia of driving on express ways or sending someone on an errand and the person wants to use okada.

shocked shocked shocked
This na serious near death experience oh.

Try keep that promise you made oh because You guys were given a second chance at life because wetin dey kill people no reach this one oh.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Aforxzy(f): 8:12am On Nov 05, 2021
It was on a Tuesday morning. I had an appointed to keep and needed to beat the usual Lekki traffic. I set out with my neighbor around 5:30am. The traffic lights were working but most drivers were not obeying them. Everyone was in a rush. My neighbor was speeding as well. The traffic light was on yellow warning him to slow down but he didn't he kept on speeding until it was on red. As he was about jumping the light a commercial bus and an okada also on high speed crossed the road from the juction. Unfortunately my neighbor couldn't stop the car because his brake failed him.
It was a scary moment. I thought there would be an accident. I shouted Jesus. The rider tried to maneuver but he fell off his bike. Our car miraculously stopped just before colliding with the bus. The conductor jump off the bus to save himself.
We later came down from the car to inspect the vehicles but fortunately for us, there wasn't any damage to them.

It was a near death experience that I won't forget.
We apologized to the other driver while the rider was compensated cos he hurt himself.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by chatinent: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2021
Which one wey I wan talk?

Every step for Nigeria is a near-death experience. Is it the naked wire in electric pole that fell two minutes when you left there? Or the house that collapses? Or which?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Mariangeles(f): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2021
SportsHD:
Bruh.

Make una dey try stay safe for una mama.
Guys and recklessness na like suya and onions.

Little wonder mothers worry more over male children than the females.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Sterope(f): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Another proof that women are not the reason die young.

SportsHD:
Bruh.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Olumighty123(m): 10:10am On Nov 05, 2021
Well, my wife attended UI, she had to defer her admission due to given birth to our first son, he was a year old and she was to travel back to ibadan to continue to her studies. we live in Lagos and I decided to travel with her so I could travel back to Lagos the next day, boarded a bus and I'm the type who doesn't ever sleep during bus trips, I and my wife sat two rows behind the driver, I'm usually on the lookout at the driver through the inner mirror, just to see if the driver isn't sleeping or anything, I checked every minutes. It was a little after shagamu that my wife called my attention to the driver sleeping, told her I'm checking him out too but he's wasn't sleeping, my wife repeated this and I called the driver, Driver, Driver, no response, then the next thing, we fell to the low side of that road, if you ply that route you would understand. this happened before the reconstruction of the Lagos ibadan express road. Haven't maneuovered and going towards the incoming vehicles, a guy just behind the driver stepped to the front and took over the steering to get us back on track, then this driver woke and with shock, moved back to our lane then this truck coming just behind the bus almost crashed us, during this period, my baby and almost everyone fell to the floor of the bus, people screaming and all that, I was scared to death but kept my cool, this man seating besides the driver didn't wake until people started screaming. We were sha able to put everything in order, Driver pulled over so we could come down and calm our nerves, Driver pleaded, says he just got back from kogi that morning, that he hasn't had any sleep, we asked him why he didn't sleep, says he was in debt and needed to make money.. so baba, you choose to play with our life's with your own greed abi? We sha bought him kolanut, plantain chip and bottled water and we ordered him not to go beyond certain speed limit. We choose to do this because there was no way we would get a bus at that particular point, we had no choice but to buy him stuffs to keep his mouth moving, plus someone else moved to the front seat and thank God we got to IB safe and sound, no one was hurt, it was a near death experience I would never forgot. I had phobia for years but I have now gotten over it. Sorry for the typos, I didn't proof read grin

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Mariangeles(f): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2021
Sterope:
Another proof that women are not the reason die young.

lipsrsealed cheesy

Seriously, guys can be very recklessly careless.
Imagine after just being in an accident, they still had minds to go ahead with their party plans. cheesy
Not minding that they needed urgent medical check-up at that point...they might've sustained internal injuries o.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Teripaul(m): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2021
It fell between chairs grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by player007(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
SportsHD:
Bruh.

Hope you have stayed away from those so called 'Friends'. Of yours?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by SportsHD: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mariangeles:

lipsrsealed cheesy

Seriously, guys can be very recklessly careless.
Imagine after just being in an accident, they still had minds to go ahead with their party plans. cheesy
Not minding that they needed urgent medical check-up at that point...they might've sustained internal injuries o.

Swears, I also know that I made reckless decisions while I was young.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by YourFavorite21(m): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
SportsHD:
Bruh.

no be small thing o, Thank God, hope you went for check-up in the hospital?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by SportsHD: 6:59am On Nov 06, 2021
YourFavorite21:
no be small thing o, Thank God, hope you went for check-up in the hospital?
Nah, I didn't. That happened like four years ago.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by samuel051: 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
After a long night of drinking with my guys,rain started falling and I couldn't get bike,started trekking home with half bottle of magic moment drink(3rd bottle we drank that night among other liquors). Instead of mumu me to go home,I go branch one girl house,jump fence enter(around 1:15am or so),she was happy to see me,gave me one mumu rice and head of fish,I managed to eat and we talked and talked about what I can't even remember till next generation due to highness. One thing lead to 13things and as she remove night gown (the short knicker and top own,not the long gown type)..Blood of tblachoc, d SAINT OBI abi na SAINT LOUIS wey full d room,my highness fly once..na once I grab my alcohol begin follow up,I almost died that night,how I made it alive and still got home the next morning in one piece is still a mystery science cannot explain till date.if I wasn't armed with that magic moment,only God knows where I for dey now.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by chieni(f): 12:03am On Nov 07, 2021
samuel051:
After a long night of drinking with my guys,rain started falling and I couldn't get bike,started trekking home with half bottle of magic moment drink(3rd bottle we drank that night among other liquors). Instead of mumu me to go home,I go branch one girl house,jump fence enter(around 1:15am or so),she was happy to see me,gave me one mumu rice and head of fish,I managed to eat and we talked and talked about what I can't even remember till next generation due to highness. One thing lead to 13things and as she remove night gown (the short knicker and top own,not the long gown type)..Blood of tblachoc, d SAINT OBI abi na SAINT LOUIS wey full d room,my highness fly once..na once I grab my alcohol begin follow up,I almost died that night,how I made it alive and still got home the next morning in one piece is still a mystery science cannot explain till date.if I wasn't armed with that magic moment,only God knows where I for dey now.
Am I the only one who did not understand your story?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 07, 2021
1. 2011, I was traveling to ibadan, a church member drove the car and I was at the passenger seat. Three armed men came out in the middle of the express with AK49. We pretended to obey them and slowed down a bit then accelerated suddenly, they started shooting at us. Luckily we were not hit as we bent our heads below the dashboard. Thats how we escaped.

2. My Ethiopian airline mid-night flight from Frankfurt had so much turbulence. At a point I felt the plane actually falling, I already confessed all my sins cause I knew what was coming and I lost hope, at least let me make heaven. Luckily the plane stabilised after 3 hours and we got our destination some hours later. Those were the longest 3 hours of my life so far.

Thats all I can remember for now.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Mariangeles(f): 1:01am On Nov 07, 2021
samuel051:

Werey! grin

Na only you know wetin carry you branch there. Agaracha!

Nonsense and onye añuruma! grin
Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Lamanii22(f): 3:45am On Nov 07, 2021
Olumighty123:
Well, my wife attended UI, she had to defer her admission due to given birth to our first son, he was a year old and she was to travel back to ibadan to continue to her studies. we live in Lagos and I decided to travel with her so I could travel back to Lagos the next day, boarded a bus and I'm the type who doesn't ever sleep during bus trips, I and my wife sat two rows behind the driver, I'm usually on the lookout at the driver through the inner mirror, just to see if the driver isn't sleeping or anything, I checked every minutes. It was a little after shagamu that my wife called my attention to the driver sleeping, told her I'm checking him out too but he's wasn't sleeping, my wife repeated this and I called the driver, Driver, Driver, no response, then the next thing, we fell to the low side of that road, if you ply that route you would understand. this happened before the reconstruction of the Lagos ibadan express road. Haven't maneuovered and going towards the incoming vehicles, a guy just behind the driver stepped to the front and took over the steering to get us back on track, then this driver woke and with shock, moved back to our lane then this truck coming just behind the bus almost crashed us, during this period, my baby and almost everyone fell to the floor of the bus, people screaming and all that, I was scared to death but kept my cool, this man seating besides the driver didn't wake until people started screaming. We were sha able to put everything in order, Driver pulled over so we could come down and calm our nerves, Driver pleaded, says he just got back from kogi that morning, that he hasn't had any sleep, we asked him why he didn't sleep, says he was in debt and needed to make money.. so baba, you choose to play with our life's with your own greed abi? We sha bought him kolanut, plantain chip and bottled water and we ordered him not to go beyond certain speed limit. We choose to do this because there was no way we would get a bus at that particular point, we had no choice but to buy him stuffs to keep his mouth moving, plus someone else moved to the front seat and thank God we got to IB safe and sound, no one was hurt, it was a near death experience I would never forgot. I had phobia for years but I have now gotten over it. Sorry for the typos, I didn't proof read grin

Omoor... Thank God for life ooo... You carried your baby? Wow... I can't try it ooo... Thank God for safety
Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Lamanii22(f): 3:47am On Nov 07, 2021
samuel051:

Are you trying to be funny? Abi .. I don't understand you...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by Olumighty123(m): 6:41am On Nov 07, 2021
truthsayer009:
1. 2011, I was traveling to ibadan, a church member drove the car and I was at the passenger seat. Three armed men came out in the middle of the express with AK49. We pretended to obey them and slowed down a bit then accelerated suddenly, they started shooting at us. Luckily we were not hit as we bent our heads below the dashboard. Thats how we escaped.

2. My Ethiopian airline mid-night flight from Frankfurt had so much turbulence. At a point I felt the plane actually falling, I already confessed all my sins cause I knew what was coming and I lost hope, at least let me make heaven. Luckily the plane stabilised after 3 hours and we got our destination some hours later. Those were the longest 3 hours of my life so far.

Thats all I can remember for now.

Tough one
Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by samuel051: 7:00am On Nov 07, 2021
Lamanii22:

Are you trying to be funny? Abi .. I don't understand you...
where in my moniker did u see mr ibu,Mr bean or Mr Paul?
Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by samuel051: 7:02am On Nov 07, 2021
chieni:

Am I the only one who did not understand your story?
its meant for 18+, because only them can connote the meaning of saint obi and saint Louis.
Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by samuel051: 7:03am On Nov 07, 2021
Mariangeles:

Werey! grin

Na only you know wetin carry you branch there. Agaracha!

Nonsense and onye añuruma! grin

grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Near Death Experience by chieni(f): 9:13am On Nov 07, 2021
samuel051:
its meant for 18+, because only them can connote the meaning of saint obi and saint Louis.
lol okay I get now. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Night Food Is Very Important. I Didn't Get A Good Sleep Last Night. / My Fiancee Came To Live With Me - Then This Happened... / Selling All My Properties And Relocating To UK Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.