Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? (18858 Views)

British-Nigerian Man Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt / Woman Punched To Death Three Days To Wedding Over N100 Debt (pic) / Uber Driver Nearly Jumps Into Lagoon In Lagos Over N90K Debt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Godbless3(m): 8:33am On Nov 05, 2021
Bros calm down, The reason i don't like these loans app is their terms/condition.
I wanted to use fairmoney once but after doing every finish for the loan (including inserting my BVN), I was like wtf, am i stupid not to read terms and condition, then i went through it and i realize they will have power over my contact, my message (inbox) and at that point, i put a stop to it.
If you get a loan, just make sure you pay them back.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by airsaylongcome: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2021
Lifestone:

Who then pays for those costs. It's honorable to pay up or keep quiet

The defaultee pays the cost of collection
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Ulunne777(f): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Oga no be everybody dey like you..you think say country dey smile...ain't saying it's cool to borrow but no come dey post am like say you dey mock Dem...

The actual mocker is the guy who is claiming right.
How do you pay principal and not pay interest yet still came to advertise himself?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by 1Alex: 8:35am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

How then do expect them to run their company if everyone pays at their convenient time?
Do you ever consider how much it costs to run the company daily?
a good business man expects such. No business is devoid of "unindebtedness"
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by BullyBullies: 8:35am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:
There's been a rise of Nigerians defaulting on Loans and coming online to form victims.
Why would you take a loan you have no plans of paying back?
This Loan companies don't collect collateral, so how else do expect them to recover their money if they don't harras you?

Just go through this thread and see how wicked humans are.
https://www.nairaland.com/6835279/loan-app-agent-keeps-blackmailing
They all forget this loan company is somebody's investment with staff to pay.
If everyone keeps defaulting on the loan won't they run out of business?

WHY ARE WE NEVER STRAIGHTFORWARD AS NIGERIANS?
I urge the CBN/ FG to start blocking the BVN and bank accounts attached to the BVN of loan defaulters, this will reduce the trend of evil people taking loans and refusing to pay.

Some of you reasoning is just like one way traffic.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by airsaylongcome: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Ulunne777:

Shut up.With the way your company MBA swindled ppl,why will they not go for loans?

I lost money just like you did. Over ₦3m. Add monies of family members I advised to invest and it will be approaching ₦12m. So take a chill pill and deal with your loss. I'm dealing with mine.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by orumba(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Just wickedness
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Jwonder(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2021
bamdly:

Mr loan agent...... Go meet BUHARI make he pay China... Maybe money go circulate in Nigeria.............
Besides your loans companies charge more from Nigerians...........

No forced them to take the loans, don't take a loan you can't pay back simple.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by seniormallam(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Debt is not something any one wishes to used in catching cruise, it is the level of unemployment and poverty in the land,
Most people are debt trapped already, they collect one loan to service another loan until they are overstretch and can't pay anyone again.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Coldie(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Ifesinachi22:
Everyone will create a topic on top this guy head.

Who no dey borrow?
Y u go borrow person money for no reason at all u no gree pay back?

Abi the person way get the money thief am?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Boogyman557: 8:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:
There's been a rise of Nigerians defaulting on Loans and coming online to form victims.
This Loan companies don't collect collateral, so how else do expect them to recover their money if they don't harras you?

I urge the CBN/ FG to start blocking the BVN and bank accounts attached to the BVN of loan defaulters, this will reduce the trend of evil people taking loans and refusing to pay.
HOLLY GRAM cool OP THUNDER WEY GO FIRE U STILL DE SMOKE KUSH.. MOST OF DOES USELESS APP WILL SEND MESSAGES TO ALL UR CONTACT AND CALLS. TAGGING U AS A CRIMINAL. EVEN IF NA 2DAYS REMAIN 4 U TO PAY.. E GET ANY COUNTRY WEY NO DE BORROW MONEY. AFTER U DON CAST PERSON NAME 4 ALL EM CONTACT AND CUS D PERSON DAMAGE AND U WANT MAKE PERSON PAY INTEREST. OP NA THUNDER GO FIRE U . WTF MAN

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by bamdly(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Pataricatering:
you sound like someone who is very comfortable with chronic debt .
No I am not comfortable but....... I tend to pay my debt but all fingers are not equals so all these loan app should try and be reasonable for at least 2month before defamation
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by bamdly(m): 8:39am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

No forced them to take the loans, don't take a loan you can't pay back simple.
When the country hard nko...... Abi can u be dashing out money for people ni..........
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Coldie(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2021
1Alex:
Oga op, money no dey. A lot of people would want to make a repayment but money no dey. Those loan sharks should allow the option of paying back in convenient installments.
Even if they do it like that Nigerians no go gree pay, it’s like the OP mentioned above all of u want to reap where u did not sow.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by ugwumichael(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Who no dey borrow?

My name sake
Yes everyone borrows but most persons don't like paying up there debt even when they have the money at hand.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Coldie(m): 8:41am On Nov 05, 2021
FiverrTutor:
Nigerians are naturally by default criminally minded in nature... You see them everyday in church but unfortunately the having a pure heart is very far from them!!!
It’s the church part that annoys me the most, with the way people full church every Sunday Nigeria supposed don better but same old same old

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by matrixme(m): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2021
Let's try and have some empathy abeg. You decided to open a thread to attack someone that has issues paying up his loan. Instead of cursing darkness, why can't we light a candle. If the individual approached you for help now, I'm 1000% sure you won't budge. He took the next best option to solve his own problem and you carried the matter for head like plantain chips.
He that is down needs fear, no fall... Afterall, the country itself is owing. Buhari has turned everyone to bambiallah in this economy.
The question is, was loan apps common like it is during PDP regime? You can't even open Facebook quietly again, or any app that shows ad. They will be begging you to apply. To collect back, it's hell.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Jwonder(m): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2021
bamdly:

No I am not comfortable but....... I tend to pay my debt but all fingers are not equals so all these loan app should try and be reasonable for at least 2month before defamation

Go and open a loan company and be reasonable with Nigerians.
Will the company staffs also be reasonable with them if they don't pay salary?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Lifestone(m): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2021
airsaylongcome:

The defaultee pays the cost of collection
But he's even complaining of paying the interest on the loan he signed for not to talk about the collection costs

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Coldie(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2021
slimanyd:
My bro. Am currently in a 50k debt now because I thought they will be true to there words. Borrowed this fool 50k to add up to the operation of fibroid she did. Its now over 1 year , Nothing has been sent. People can at times be very wicked.
I borrow my own guy money someone that makes more money than me, pay me back he is demanding to check my bank statements first to know if I don’t have money. I just acted like I have forgotten about the money the shameless fool still get mind dae tell me to help am buy sth that he would pay me later, I refused.

Next thing he started telling people am stingy

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by seyz91(m): 8:45am On Nov 05, 2021
cheesy
Ifesinachi22:

Who no dey borrow?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2021
Ulunne777:

The actual mocker is the guy who is claiming right.
How do you pay principal and not pay interest yet still came to advertise himself?
You are right tho..but from another angle e be like say the interest too much..but make we con talk true most Nigerians no dey like pay back their debt..still make Dem stop to dey borrow.. enjoy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by KashApp: 8:46am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

My friend borrowed 5k from a loan app and on the due date, they automatically removed it from his account but to his surprise few hours later, they removed another money. I advised him to message them on WhatsApp but the lady was so rude and never returned the money. To God be the glory, he decided to pay back by borrowing from different apps too with no intentions of paying back. In fact, this particular loan app has 2 different apps which he also borrowed from. Since they are also thieves, what advise would you now give government?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Jwonder(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2021
matrixme:
Let's try and have some empathy abeg. You decided to open a thread to attack someone that has issues paying up his loan. Instead of cursing darkness, why can't we light a candle. If the individual approached you for help now, I'm 1000% sure you won't budge. He took the next best option to solve his own problem and you carried the matter for head like plantain chips.
He that is down needs fear, no fall... Afterall, the country itself is owing. Buhari has turned everyone to bambiallah in this economy.
The question is, was loan apps common like it is during PDP regime? You can't even open Facebook quietly again, or any app that shows ad. They will be begging you to apply. To collect back, it's hell.

Don't TAKE A LOAN IF YOU HAVE NO PLANS TO PAYBACK SIMPLE.
Why didn't he take the loan from family and friends?
Do you think the money loan companies give out falls from the sky? That's someone's life investment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by koladebrainiac(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2021
you were in a fixed
you needed money to eat or to pay your wife hospital bill,

you are a salary earner and the month was 12th of the that month,you approached your company for IOU, your company told you there is no money
you called all your friends and family, everybody is saying no money

all you needed was 20k
then one friend told you about loan app
where you can borrow money
you downloaded the app, the amount you were looking for is 20k the loan company said you qualified for 12k and you will pay back 18,500 in the next 7days

you were like what the hell!!!

12k to pay 18500?? this is rip off! you logged out

then you went out again, finally somebody managed to borrow u 10k

your wife was still in the hospital and the bill is now 15k

you begged the doctor for that you have only 10k but the doctor said get the complete money blah blah blah

later in the day you turn back to that app, you took the 12k

the next day your wife was discharged

you were safe everybody is happy

then you b you bought food of 5k for the family

6days later the collector started reminding you for the money

suddenly you realized that you do not have any means to pay back 18,500 vthe next day

dude i was just begging for 20k 6days ago

and at that point the money your church contributed in your care , 15k you have already spent it oo. hoping that you when you collect your salary you will pay back

the next day the loan was due are messaging you up and down calling you to pay your loan 18,500

now you have to perform the magic, you told your wife, your wife too had to go borrow money again she got 8k you kept stalling then your the loan kept accumulating

it got to a stage the loan accumulated to 25k,all what you took was 12k oo... then they paid your salary which was 60k
you are paying 25k ,8k and 10k debt

oya share the money

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by InvertedHammer: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

/
Don't blame the borrowers.

Blame the Loan companies that are stupid enough to lend them money in the first place.

What planet do the Loan companies live in?

/

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2021
ugwumichael:

My name sake
Yes everyone borrows but most persons don't like paying up there debt even when they have the money at hand.

It's true Sha. I'm Ugwu too.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Jwonder(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2021
KashApp:
My friend borrowed 5k from a loan app and on the due date, they automatically removed it from his account but to his surprise few hours later, they removed another money. I advised him to message them on WhatsApp but the lady was so rude and never returned the money. To God be the glory, he decided to pay back by borrowing from different apps too with no intentions of paying back. In fact, this particular loan app has 2 different apps which he also borrowed from. Since they are also thieves, what advise would you now give government?

This is definitely a different issue from what is been discussed, your friend should have taken it up with the relevant agencies.
Email CBN and also copy the loan company, they will surely refund the extra deduction.

And you story doesn't justify people taking loans and refusing to pay.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by DFERENCE: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2021
Well it is bad to recieve loans and refuse to payback but then why are these loan agency called "LOAN SHARKS" sharks are known to be dangerous and not delicious, they capitalize on the poor economic state of nigeria and unregularized nature of market or policy to exploit nigerians, where in the world do you pay such interest rates except nigeria, 25%, 30%, 50% and still charge default fees of upto 1% or 2% per 24hours, they too are trying to exploit nigerians because no one does anything or even care because it only affect the lower class citizens, these companies giving these loans don't only harass their clients(victims) by disturbing and even harassing contacts of the defaulters who don't have any binding agreement with the agency should one default, they crime is being a contact of a defaulter, stop protecting these companies because they aren't victims, they are the architect of these problems, a PREDATOR CAN NEVER BE A VICTIM OF ITS PREY, grass can never eat up a goat.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by MartinsD12(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

Some these loan companies are the cause with high interest rates, secondary loan companies like branch is beginning to fail on their honesty as a company, first they say one will get N50 bonus for wallet funding 10 times in a month, all of a sudden they decided not to be giving the bonus again and reduced it to only 4 times a month that's like from N500 N50 x10 to N50 X 4, you see these loan companies even the Branch I so much trust is lacking in honesty why then do you expect people to be honest when the loan companies change and cheat people with their policies
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

Shebi CBN is already deducting movies from the bank accounts of loan defaulters. I think its a good development.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Coldie(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
matrixme:
So because Nigeria is owing therefore it’s your right to wreck another persons business?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Grandpa Nabbed As NDLEA Uncovers 280 Bags Of Weed Inside Ceiling (photo) / Son Of RCCG Pastor Kidnapped In Kogi On His Way To School (pic) / Kano Police Arrest Stepmothers Who Castrated, Tortured & Broke 2yr Old Boy's Arm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.