Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina (39813 Views)

Aisha Buhari Told Me Buhari Was Not Terminally Ill In 2017 – Femi Adesina / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by presidency: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2021
He rarely speaks on things that do not have to do with the work of the Kingdom, which he is completely sold out to, and has been engrossed in for over 50 years. In fact, he exemplifies the words of the prophet that “he shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.”

But someone stuck his fingers in the mouth of Pastor William Folorunsho Kumuyi, General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, recently, and the man had to speak. He didn’t cry or strive, and “a bruised reed he did not break,” smoking flax he did not quench. But the cleric gave some home truths on what the attitude of a true Christian should be to secular government, particularly of his own country.

This was how it all happened. Professor Dapo Asaju, a cleric and academic, former Vice Chancellor of Ajayi Crowther University, had called out Pastor Kumuyi, and Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), telling them that it was not enough to just concentrate on their massive congregations, but that they must seek to meet President Muhammadu Buhari on the state of the nation, and tell him “enough is enough.”

Prof Asaju added: “All ministers of God must speak out...I (am) looking forward to Baba (Kumuyi) addressing a World Conference, with Baba Adeboye seated beside him. Let them call people and say enough is enough. They need to lead other people to convene a high-powered meeting with the President.” As if the two men of God had not met with the President at different times, where they counseled him, and prayed for the nation. They equally lead their congregations to do so, almost weekly.

If you read between the lines, the respected academic was vexed and exasperated with the security situation in the country, and its concomitant spin-offs. Who is not? Who will not be? Are things normal? Far from it. But is the government up and doing to turn things around for the people? Very much so. Then, is a subtle sponsoring of insurrection by ministers of God the next thing to do? Far from it. At least, for those who know the purpose of their call, and how they should comport themselves in a troubled polity. Like our Master, “a bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.” (Matthew 12:20).

Pastor Kumuyi last weekend responded to Prof Asaju through a statement titled ‘The Church and the Challenges of a Nation,’ which I recommend that all Christians should read, and which is also very instructive to non-Christians.

What is the purport and summary of what the Deeper Life G.S said? He noted that the concerns of Prof Asaju could not be dismissed, and the man must be seen as a patriot, but “at Deeper Christian Life Ministry, we are far more aware of the existential crossroads than many perceive.

“We present the Word of God as delivered in the Holy Bible, alright, but we warn that in the long run, the Lord is interested in a fusion of obedience to His Word and relating amicably with fellow human beings, regardless of class, color, caste (religion) or culture. We teach that if you genuinely believe in Christ, you wouldn’t hate your neighbor. Nor would you disdain those in power because they appear not to be delivering on electoral pledges such that you would go on the rampage, destroying government property or pilfering the public till. We teach a linear life of Christian walk: you can’t be a saint on Sunday and a monster on Monday.”

Profound. Earnest. Well said. Deep as in Deeper Life. Pastor Kumuyi, where have you been all our lives? Thank you, thank you for speaking out now. “If you genuinely believe in Christ, you wouldn’t hate your neighbor. Nor would you disdain those in power because they appear not to be delivering on electoral pledges such that you would go on the rampage, destroying government property...”

Profound, again I say, profound. But this is not what we hear from most preachers today. What we rather see is the pulpit being turned to a soapbox, where hatred is preached, where fake news is spread week after week, and where congregants are instigated against the leadership of the country. And I know what I am saying. I used to attend a church in Abuja from 2015 to 2018, till the pastor began to see himself as someone who must bring the Buhari government down. Sunday after Sunday, it was all sorts of criticism from the pulpit. But I endured, since it was branch of a church I had attended for over 30 years. Till one day, he overdid it. The Dapchi girls were abducted, and there was no name the pastor did not call President Buhari that Sunday. It was horrendous that such things could come from the pulpit. But I suffered long, and sat through the sermon, or rather, what was supposed to be a sermon. I then went home, wondering what the church of God was turning to.

If you recall, the Dapchi girls were recovered within a week, except for Leah Sharibu, and a few others. Awful, quite sad, but still there was cause for one to be thankful to God. So, the following Sunday, I went to that church, waiting to hear what the pastor would say, having excoriated and flagellated the government so badly the week before. I was dazed, nay, stunned. Throughout the sermon, not a word, not even a whisper about the recovered Dapchi girls. Bad faith. “If you are a genuine believer in Christ, you wouldn’t hate your neighbor. Nor would you disdain those in power...”

Pastor Kumuyi also says if you are a true believer in Christ, you wouldn’t go on the rampage, destroying government property.... But that was not what we saw in the country in October last year. The country was almost burned down under the subterfuge of EndSARS. And sadly, they were encouraged by pastors and preachers, who simply hate the fact that a Fulani man is their President. Many of them are on record as having encouraged the protesters, till things went ugly, turned awry. And the pastors vanished into the thin air. Not a word of caution or restraint as the cities were burning, and policemen were being killed, and even eaten up. “If you are a genuine believer in Christ, you wouldn’t...go on the rampage, destroying government property.”

Irrespective of the titles they bear, I hear Bishops, Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Evangelists, cursing the government, and issuing doomsday notices. One even said publicly that the Buhari administration was over, before the 2019 elections. But the man won handsomely, and that preacher still struts and frets on the pulpit every week, not repenting in sackcloth and ashes. “If you are a genuine believer in Christ, you wouldn’t hate your neighbor. Nor would you disdain those in power...” Thank you, Pastor Kumuyi.

Without sitting in judgment over anybody, I just believe that majority of our preachers need to be born again again. If what we hear them preach and teach is anything to go by, they need to be born again again. Otherwise, Heaven seems to be very far away. May God help us all. Amen.

In his reply to Professor Asaju (please get the full text, and read) Pastor Kumuyi gave many instances on how God has intervened in the situations and circumstances of humanity through the works of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, both within and outside the country. He then concluded: “I see more of the Lord’s focus on attending to the challenges of our nation and the countries of the world. I see Him containing the conflicts confronting His people as we pray in the name of Jesus.”

And I say amen. A resounding amen. That is the balanced perspective, the approach of a true man of God. That is the ancient landmark, which we must not shift or remove. We must “earnestly contend for the faith, which was once delivered unto the saints” (Jude, verse 3). But some would say Kumuyi is of the old school. And I say yes, the old school is the real school, and remains ever faithful, ever sure.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2021
Okay Sir, we've heard you.
But when are you going to write about the hate speech been spread by Imams at the mosque, esp during Jumat sermons.

I've never heard or read where femi criticise our islam preachers who often call for bloodshed. What are you afraid of Sire...??

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 05, 2021
Imagine if Christians can obey what is written in the bible. The world will be a better place.

Those who went about to destroy people means of income during the endsar protest shouuld read this.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2021
^^^^

Imagine someone that his religion supports people blowing up themselves talking about making the world a better place??

Isn't That An Irony?

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by Maxymilliano(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Yeah, Pastor W.F Kumuyi is different because he advised Nigerians to continually pray for its leaders even in the face of glaring ineptitude and cluelessness, particularly from the Presidency.

I wondered if there would have been a country for Buhari to govern if all "men of God" had been keeping silence over the years.

Kumuyi's failure to hit the nail on the head doesn't change the fact that Buhari is a monumental failure cool

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by longetivity(m): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2021
Femi adesina is a shameless talkative

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by hisgrace090: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2021
A true follower of jesus will never do or act otherwise as bible remain his standpoint.

I personally so much respect pst kumuyi for his unwavering faith in christ Jesus.

In kumuyi, no hipocrisy.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by nzeobi(m): 11:39am On Nov 05, 2021
Kumuyi should chill with his holier than thou attitude. Even prophets in the bible spoke against injustice and many ills

As christians when we see evil we should always speak out else we become an enabler.

Buhari failed and is still failing and needs people who will tell it to him to his face or maybe kumuyi is still being carried away by buharis fake integrity.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by IamWonderful: 11:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Kumuyi follows the Bible strictly and nothing more

18 Likes

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by IamWonderful: 11:40am On Nov 05, 2021
That is him

1 Like

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by othermen: 11:41am On Nov 05, 2021
Using your platform to ask the presidency to awake to its responsibilities in providing security or development relevant to the people's need is not disdaining or hating those in power. Using your platform to remind the presidency of its promises during the election and how much it has failed in fulfilling the promises is not disdaining or hating those in power.

Not doing so, is hating the downtrodden and the people who cannot afford the lives of splendour that you live. It's hating those who cannot afford the private jets that you have or the armed guards that you possess, it's condemning them to death by bandits.

Jesus Christ spoke to power, and he was on the blacklist of several authorities(political and religious authorities) in his time, and he was eventually executed in a brutal manner because of his actions and words.

He denounced religious authorities (the pharisees), he overturned the temple that has become a money making venture, he sheltered prostitutes.

Speaking up to the presidency or urging the presidency to remember the downtrodden is an act of love, rebuking the presidency for not doing enough to protect Nigerians is not disdaining or hating the presidency, but an act of love for those who are most susceptible to murder and kidnap, which is the rest of us.

It's irresponsible to equate speaking out about corruption, weakening economy, insecurity and a load of cardinal others, it's irresponsible and an evidence of depravity or bereavement of compassion- to equate such to hatred.

Christ also had hatred within him; Christ had hatred for injustice, Christ had hatred for sin... but he only had love for the sinners and the downtrodden. But our bishops do not seek to follow the footsteps of Christ. They want to be in the good books of the authorities, they are scared that if they speak out, they may be investigated and their financial improprieties exposed, they are afraid if they defend the downtrodden, the positions of power they hold may be withdrawn; it would seem the positions of power is not from Christ, that they would abandon Christ teachings in order to be legitimised by a corrupt and inefficient, 'murderous' administration.

When Jesus told us to give to Ceaser what is Ceaser's due, he meant that we should fulfil our civic duties or responsibilities as good citizens. And what greater civic duty can we have than speaking out when we see many murdered by the cops in extra-judicial killings, when we see many suffering and hungry, when our roads are highways to hell... what greater civic duty can we have than speaking out, than by admonishing this administration to awake to its duties?

Apostle Paul in Romans 13: 7 wrote, 'we must pay the administration what is owed'... and what is owed this administration is genuine truth, a conveyance of tiredness of the state of a nation in disarray....but of coz if the nation is not in disarray, and there is no poverty or hunger or unemployment or diseases, how many would be in this gigantic churches that don't care about them, but only their pockets?

It is upon the shoulders and back of those most displaced by the administration inefficiency that the foundations of several churches have turned. The poor is told to give all they have as offerings in order for Gods blessing, the bishops takes this, and live affluently ever after... while the poor remains unfortunate..., the bishop breaks bread with those that have caused the misfortune... so it will seem the Bishop also have an interest in the disarray state of the nation, because it is the source of their affluence. Most of the prayers in our churches would not be in a nation that has the right leadership and where things work.

May the spirit of Christ be in the Church.

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by IamWonderful: 11:42am On Nov 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Yeah, Pastor W.F Kumuyi is different because he advised Nigerians to continually pray for its leaders even in the face of glaring ineptitude and cluelessness, particularly from the Presidency.

I wondered if there would have been a country for Buhari to govern if all "men of God" had been keeping silence over the years.

Kumuyi's failure to hit the nail on the head doesn't change the fact that Buhari is a monumental failure cool

What is this one saying , Kumuyi advise Nigerians to pray for their leaders or the Bible commanded the people to obey their leaders, you talk as if kumuyi's church is only in Nigeria or he specifically mentioned Nigerian government or even preached what is not in the Bible, I know people with no understanding and directive knowledge are mischievous.

7 Likes

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by IamWonderful: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2021
nzeobi:
Kumuyi should chill with his holier than thou attitude. Even prophets in the bible spoke against injustice and many ills

As christians when we see evil we should always speak out else we become an enabler.

Buhari failed and is still failing and needs people who will tell it to him to his face or maybe kumuyi is still being carried away by buharis fake integrity.
Wisdom is profitable to direct, kid, Jesus Christ was alive when Herod snatched his brother's wife but He didn't say anything until John the Baptist spoke against it and he was killed

13 Likes

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by PAtoGCFR2034: 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
This is a wrong doctrine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by PAtoGCFR2034: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
What is it about power/public office that makes appointed public officials who were doing well in private life, lose their conscience ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by helinues: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Toh
Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by Ovamboland(m): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:
Okay Sir, we've heard you.
But when are you going to write about the hate speech been spread by Imams at the mosque, esp during Jumat sermons.

I've never heard or read where femi criticise our islam preachers who often call for bloodshed. What are you afraid of Sire...??

Hate speech by Imam in mosque is not a license before God for genuine Christians to do likewise

fake Christians are however free to hate their neighbors and tell as much lies as possible

3 Likes

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by bencr7: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
Nonsense, so because of kumali not is taking,will should live with denied that ur baba government is nothing to write home about!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by nzeobi(m): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
IamWonderful:
Wisdom is profitable to direct, kid, Jesus Christ was alive when Herod snatched his brother's wife but He didn't say anything until John the Baptist spoke against it and he was killed

That it was not recorded doesn't mean Christ didn't speak about it. if you can't criticize your leaders that you voted for then how do you condemn your congregation

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by englishmart(m): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Leave Kumuyi out of your panegyrics

5 Likes

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by gambia(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
This mad man again.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by Omniman(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
cool
Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by GeneralPula: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
I also noticed that..

He’s more reserved unlike *I’ll open the gate of hell crooner*
Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Unlike father Mbaka and his group of shameless hate preachers

2 Likes

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by Sebastine1994(m): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
sad
Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by obembet(f): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mad man leave Kumuyi focus on your lifeless Boss.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by asobo1: 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mtchew
Re: This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina by mbahdi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
F

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Andy Uba's Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / Explosion Rocks Chevron Facility In Warri / Herdsmen Attack Plateau Villages On Christmas Eve, 112 Killed, 47 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.