Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors (17520 Views)

Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt / Concerns Mount Over Governors Moves To Rig Saturday’s Election By All Means / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by xagowe(m): 6:59am On Nov 06, 2021
All Blacks in all of the tests on their northern tour against the Ireland. abs vs irish rugby live
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by modsfucker: 7:00am On Nov 06, 2021
Millimann:
It seems only party members and family members of the candidates will come out to vote.

A winner must emerge, regardless. Mr. Tanko CJN, is patiently waiting to announce one, just as he did in the case of Imo State.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by EMAXIM(m): 7:05am On Nov 06, 2021
GenBuhari:
Only one rigger and that is INEC

You are right bro
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by eldoradoxx: 7:11am On Nov 06, 2021
sonssyo:
APC has finally succeeded, IPOB refused to think with their brain, e don red for my dear state Anambra!
Don't mind them. Igbos do not know that IPOB criminals are working for politicians. If there was full turnout of voters APGA will win, but IPOB was used to scare voters to remain indoors while APC using security agencies capitalize on absence of voters to rig the election. The idea of a President from South East has been killed by IPOB through senseless agitation.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by delpee(f): 7:30am On Nov 06, 2021
Whether they come out to vote or not, they make a choice. A result will be declared at the end of the day.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Sholaco: 7:33am On Nov 06, 2021
Their own problem ooo
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Freelance363: 7:36am On Nov 06, 2021
Come out at ur own peril.
Everyone knows who the real enemies of the people are--not IPOB,rather those asking u to come out.They will turn around to shoot u,and tag u whatever pleases them.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Grandmeister(m): 7:37am On Nov 06, 2021
tempest01:
Someone should research and make a thread on how many percentage turn out is needed for the elections to be valid, if any?. Also what spread the winner needs to have and also what happens if this is not met.

The federal government of the day has succeeded in creating an apathy. They cannot even go their usual "remote control" because it will aggravate the security situation.

When next you people are getting a president get a nationalist that can think for himself. Not one that a cabal will be controlling things behind the scenes and tarnishing his whole image for their gain. Too bad he won't live long enough afterwards to see the repercussion. I hope his kin and immediate family never come out of his shadows.
How is it the FG fault? Na FG give sit at home order? Will it kill you to admit that ipob got it totally wrong?
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Grandmeister(m): 7:39am On Nov 06, 2021
ogaga4u2:
Many people are scared for their lives. The lift on the sit-at-home came too late. Many citizens have travelled out of the state to neighbouring States for their safety. It's really well.
That was the plan all along. Kanu did it in 2015 and Buhari won. He did it again in 2019 and Buhari won...they have replicated this same old tactics in Anambra and APC is gearing up to win. When I tell people that kanu and Buhari are on the same team dem think say I dey tan opata.

Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Grandmeister(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2021
KinSlayer:

Better for them not to vote and APC wins than for the them to come out and vote against APC and APC will still win. If you know what I'm talking about
Like APC won in edo state? Like APC won in rivers? Igbos don't believe in voting but na dem complain pass about bad governance.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 06, 2021
You are right that votes don't count in Nigeria. But don't you think IPOB could have mobilised the youth and general public in the South East to make their votes count?

IPOB didn't gift Imo State to APC, but it could have a made a strong statement (in action) against the travesty, even to extent of forcing a total overhaul of the Supreme Court/another election. South East people will be endeared to the group. I will even donate funds to the group. The people were looking for leadership then, but none was forthcoming.

It is amazing, and somehow troubling, that this group with so much"power" have no idea how to use this power to actualize its goal.

IPOB should get into the political process of the South East and have its own people elected into offices.
WayoProphet:
So Ipob gifted IMO state to APC? You and the one you quoted are just talking trash as if votes count in this country, it's all about the best rigger winning. I swear there is no need coming out and risking lives for any devilish politicians. All of them are the same, when they get what they want, they discard the same people that risked their lives to vote them. Talking as if you are not a Nigerian. Election is never free and fair in this part of the world.

Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by MartinsD12(m): 8:17am On Nov 06, 2021
Shehuyinka:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/anambra-election-concerns-mount-over-voter-apathy-as-residents-stay-indoors/
It doesn't matter if people stay at home, our votes has never counted, we are not fools why risk your life to come out and vote when security could be hijacked by politicians and their thugs then kill people and tag it unknown gunmen or ipob, my your safety matters most than any useless Nigerian election, who election help for this country and lastly my people stands with nnamdi Kanu, we will sit at home, starting from Tuesday this week, even anambrians have been leaving their state to other states like enugu, delta for safety purposes
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by sirwhyteB(m): 8:28am On Nov 06, 2021
Lovenorth:

The truth is that we don't even want you to do the election because we want our candidate to win automatically

Hahahaha cheesy
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Safemoon: 8:33am On Nov 06, 2021
We don't care about zoo electoral process.afterall they said we are proscribed people.do proscribed people vote the answer is no.

The evil men are back with cheap propaganda of how foolish Upon are by not voting for our choice candidate leaving APC with option of victory.now listen all Yee zoo men haters of freedom and and prosperity when did your vote started counting in the zoo election.

Voting is validation of fraud in Nigeria . we are now wiser.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by CallmeGideon: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2021
eldoradoxx:
Don't mind them. Igbos do not know that IPOB criminals are working for politicians. If there was full turnout of voters APGA will win, but IPOB was used to scare voters to remain indoors while APC using security agencies capitalize on absence of voters to rig the election. The idea of a President from South East has been killed by IPOB through senseless agitation.
but an idea of president from the North has not been killed by Boko Haram, ISWAP, Bandits and the rest ba? An idea of president from the waste has not been killed by Mumuluabis Yoruba nation agitation abi? It has not been killed by OPC right? See, it is better to keep quiet and we will assume that you are intelligent than to speak and make your dumbness and stupidity so obvious. Jesss, how can only you be this foolish and you don't even feel sorry for yourself?
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by humberjade: 8:52am On Nov 06, 2021
Hmm
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by SenatePresdo(m): 8:52am On Nov 06, 2021
sonssyo:
APC has finally succeeded, IPOB refused to think with their brain, e don red for my dear state Anambra!

What will happen if APC becomes governor?

Is Umahi not APC, what is happening in Ebonyi differently?
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by BluntCrazeMan: 8:56am On Nov 06, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:
The people's votes have never counted; let them write whatever result they want like they did with the Supreme Court Governor.
The same Supreme-Court-Governor had written this one again.
Just the way he wrote the Primaries.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by CallmeGideon: 8:57am On Nov 06, 2021
Grandmeister:

Like APC won in edo state? Like APC won in rivers? Igbos don't believe in voting but na dem complain pass about bad governance.
why should we believe in voting when after voting for your preferred candidate (though all of them are still the same) the court will be waiting by the side to declare their own preferred candidate and that's final. Of what use is one coming out to win knowingfull well that they will use court process to install whomsoever they want.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by KingWarri: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2021
Ugonna62:
intelligent man,go and face your region.leav igbos alone they know what they'r fighting for,they are not docile idiots like you people.intelligent my foot !
No one is holding you people but yourself.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by KingWarri: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2021
CallmeGideon:
why should we believe in voting when after voting for your preferred candidate (though all of them are still the same) the court will be waiting by the side to declare their own preferred candidate and that's final. Of what use is one coming out to win knowingfull well that they will use court process to install whomsoever they want.
Was the "Court installed candidate" from another region?
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by berrystunn(m): 9:05am On Nov 06, 2021
dasparrow:
Why is the Nigerian government concerned? I thought they said IPOB is to blame for the sit-at-home? Now they are realizing that the people are voluntarily sitting at home even though the sit-at-home has since been called off. Oh well! Make we dey watch.

Usu
How old are you? Do you leave in SE?
So you did not realize that ipob have lost control with sit at home cancelation, when the canceled Monday sit at home the first time people where killed for coming out .

From that day till date people where afraid to come out on Mondays, same thing is happening now when they cancel, people don't believe them anymore... Out of fear non will come out, because they have lost control to the other group on grand that have hijacked the movement..

They should continue fooling around till they realize they have been hijacked.

The pain , the killing, the fear and insecurity to the people they claim to get freedom for.

The good news, when referendum comes people will be afraid to come out too.

Go and do your home work you will realize that too many people are fed up with ipob.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by KingWarri: 9:07am On Nov 06, 2021
CallmeGideon:
but an idea of president from the North has not been killed by Boko Haram, ISWAP, Bandits and the rest ba? An idea of president from the waste has not been killed by Mumuluabis Yoruba nation agitation abi? It has not been killed by OPC right? See, it is better to keep quiet and we will assume that you are intelligent than to speak and make your dumbness and stupidity so obvious. Jesss, how can only you be this foolish and you don't even feel sorry for yourself?
Cry more... Ibo will never rule Nigeria.
Who dash monkey banana

Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by berrystunn(m): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2021
Freelance363:
Come out at ur own peril.
Everyone knows who the real enemies of the people are--not IPOB,rather those asking u to come out.They will turn around to shoot u,and tag u whatever pleases them.

Ipob is working for blood socking element without knowing.

They brought all this to the people.
If the elections goes to the favor of APC , ipob should take the responsibility of what they have brought to good people Anambra.

Including, pains, fear, death, insecurity.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by KinSlayer: 9:37am On Nov 06, 2021
danilmo:

What is wrong if APC wins? Is APC not a party? Is Andy uba a kanuri man, na una dey put unaself for emotional trouble.
U guys will create a demon in him with the neglect and if he eventually wins he LL be u bothered to treat u like animal like the imo Governor.

I'm from SW but even wen APC is holding the state, PDP was still not demonized but allowed to also have their base, that is why even if APC loose 2023, it LL just be a little tent ckx PDP too is grounded in my place.

So for u to keep demonizing, badmouthing a political party whether they do u good or bad as demonic jamjaweed party is absurd.. This is one of the major reason why APC can't field a SE in 2023 because u guys demonize the party but unfortunately asking bthem to microzone to u..

PDP would have done same but truth is PDP knows APC won't microzone, hence leading to a flawless victory for APC, thereby PDP have no choice than to elude ur SE despite u guys investment since 20 + years.

That is the political quagmire u guys have emotional put urself into..

Make una faji..
Andy Uba is a thief. Like many people that run to APC. Igbos recognise good people. They won't support rubbish just because it's from their tribe. If Orji Uzor Kalu runs for president in 2023, Igbos won't vote for him.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Grandmeister(m): 9:38am On Nov 06, 2021
CallmeGideon:
That is NOT always the case. When people vote overwhelmingly for a candidate the opposition can barely do anything. Edo state voters showed it. You can't be in your house or your shop when voting is going on and then complain that it was rigged.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by maldino: 9:39am On Nov 06, 2021
This is really the plan to instill fear on the masses so they won't come out to vote while they invite foreigners to come and vote...
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by WayoProphet: 9:46am On Nov 06, 2021
My brother it's already late. They already proscribed Ipob. Okay let's say they didn't proscribe IPob and they formed a party. Even if the whole South East voted for them, FG will still find a way to rig or upturn their victory. This Govt/politicians are devils. I left 9ja since 2013, I do visit a bit because of my parents. Now that both are gone, I won't be coming for a long period of time. I would rather visit Ghana, invest in Ghana and buy property in Ghana than do anything in Nigeria. Nigeria is gone and irredeemable. I lost faith in 9ja a long time ago, it became worse when Nigeria made the biggest mistake in 2015 that will forever haunt the country. If you travel out to the western world, you will know that 9ja politicians are wicked more than the devil. Spit

ottiz:
You are right that votes don't count in Nigeria. But don't you think IPOB could have mobilised the youth and general public in the South East to make their votes count?

IPOB didn't gift Imo State to APC, but it could have a made a strong statement (in action) against the travesty, even to extent of forcing a total overhaul of the Supreme Court/another election. South East people will be endeared to the group. I will even donate funds to the group. The people were looking for leadership then, but none was forthcoming.

It is amazing, and somehow troubling, that this group with so much"power" have no idea how to use this power to actualize its goal.

IPOB should get into the political process of the South East and have its own people elected into offices.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Sleekfingers: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2021
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by Bigpapi: 10:06am On Nov 06, 2021
paskal16:
Ohh my beloved Awka I miss you

Hausa abatala Awka

Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by eldoradoxx: 10:37am On Nov 06, 2021
CallmeGideon:
Non of these had broken out of Nigeria before except Biafra. For all government in Nigeria, Biafran agitation poses more threat than banditry or religious fanaticism/terrorism. It is only Biafra that had succeeded before in engaging Nigeria in an internationally recognized civil war, full scale war by two strong military commanders until one sought international assistance to win the war. Are u not aware that Igbos today with the agitation for Biafra cannot be trusted with at least the President of a united Nigeria by other tribes. Let's face the hard facts and forget stupid sentiments. IPOB destroyed every chance of other Nigerians even attempting to vote an Igbo President in 2023 and I honestly believe Nnamdi KANU was either paid heavily for this or was stupid enough not to know that he was just a pon in a game of poetical cheese of demarketing his people with an agitation that he knows nothing about.
Re: Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors by CallmeGideon: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2021
KingWarri:

Cry more... Ibo will never rule Nigeria.
Who dash monkey banana
what has changed in your life and how has it made you any better than any Igbo man since your tribe has been ruling Nigeria? You still buy gas, fuel, Kerosene, food stuffs and the rest at the same price we all buy. You life might even be worse than the lives of those that has not ruled this God forsaken country. Look at Ogun State that has produced one of the president of this country, they still swim in potopoto and huge erosion. Until your father rule this country, I will never take you serious. I know you still suffer like every other average citizen of this country despite your region producing the whole presidents of Nigeria grin grin grin Ozu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. / IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre / FG Tried To Kill El-zakzaky In India – IMN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.