Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! (395 Views)

The Moment Body Of Herbert Wigwe Arrives Isiokpo For Burial (video) / Igbos At Balogun Market In Lagos Have Decided To Come Down To The East / Earning dollars With Squadhelp and Brandable domains: A Guide For Newbies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by PersonalDiary: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2021
My type is the funny ones. My ambitions are the crazy type.

Well, I have always want to experience and explore the Lagos lifestyle due to my ambitions and business acumen.

I'm the techie type and highly business inclined.

I'm into some online business (E-commerce, &Freelancing) but since late last year, it has been rough. Some of my friends that had similar issue were able to resolve theirs or ventured into other businesses but I'm still running round the circle.

Of course, I strong believe environment plays a big path in human growth and development.

I live in the east at the moment, and my environment has been beneficial so far, but I think I needed to change to a more competitive and exposed environment to attain the next level.

Lagos has been on my mind due to recent advice from my mentor and few of my online friends all base in Lagos and doing well for themselves.

Now, NYSC was only hope of breaking into the Lagos atmosphere but my department hasn't been helping matters.

I'm still a semi-fresh graduate that wants to make way for my generation.

I graduated since 2019 had issue with my result which has been resolved but my department has been to lazy to post our results for approval and our chances of going for Batch C stream II is almost very slim.

The next batch is by next year possibly March or April.

And I don't think I can wait till then. My parents are no longer comfortable seeing me around even though I don't stay with them.

And yes, our relationship has been poor since then.

I don't really have much for rent, but if I can get a an affordable good place with good electricity and water I will survive and make way for myself.

I have tried making inquiries from few online friends and distant relations, their suggestions and ideas for choosing a good location in Lagos has been contradicting.

But then, I will make the move and strong I will break out.

My question would be, what's the cost for one bedroom selfcon and a location with good electricity and security.

Abeg make Una help me, I no fit sleep well for months now....I wan come Lagos

PS: Sorry for my long epistle.
Mynd44, lalasticalala

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by lordm(m): 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
Hmm
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by Afonjashapmouth: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
Its a good move you want to break into the unknown but i'll advice that you need to be mentally, physically and emotionally ready for what's in the rolled piece of paper you are holding. Lagos is a good ground for a techie but it all boils down to your connect or luck, if not my brother hmmmmm... Not to scare you but a daily source to survive might be your next plan in a jiffy.

Security in Lagos is on God
Cheap self-con in a bit sane environment like surulere is around 400k whole package upward
Electricity is never guaranteed unless your account is crying millions for decent accommodation with facilities. if not your gen is your best bet.

I have left Nigeria with 300 dollars 10yrs ago and after all bribe at the airport got to my destination with 50 dollars... Long story short i didn't even feel no heat cos i met good Nigerians at the airport that took me in for 2weeks. With this lucky experience i believe it can work for others

I wish you luck bro

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by Kobicove(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
@PersonalDiary

Since you're in the Tech sector, a good place for you to live would be Yaba but you will need to budget at least 400K for a decent self contained room in that area
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by Saintinoo(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
PersonalDiary:
My type is the funny ones. My ambitions are the crazy type.

Well, I have always want to experience and explore the Lagos lifestyle due to my ambitions and business acumen.

I'm the techie type and highly business inclined.

I'm into some online business (E-commerce, &Freelancing) but since late last year, it has been rough. Some of my friends that had similar issue were able to resolve theirs or ventured into other businesses but I'm still running round the circle.

Of course, I strong believe environment plays a big path in human growth and development.

I live in the east at the moment, and my environment has been beneficial so far, but I think I needed to change to a more competitive and exposed environment to attain the next level.

Lagos has been on my mind due to recent advice from my mentor and few of my online friends all base in Lagos and doing well for themselves.

Now, NYSC was only hope of breaking into the Lagos atmosphere but my department hasn't been helping matters.

I'm still a semi-fresh graduate that wants to make way for my generation.

I graduated since 2019 had issue with my result which has been resolved but my department has been to lazy to post our results for approval and our chances of going for Batch C stream II is almost very slim.

The next batch is by next year possibly March or April.

And I don't think I can wait till then. My parents are no longer comfortable seeing me around even though I don't stay with them.

And yes, our relationship has been poor since then.

I don't really have much for rent, but if I can get a an affordable good place with good electricity and water I will survive and make way for myself.

I have tried making inquiries from few online friends and distant relations, their suggestions and ideas for choosing a good location in Lagos has been contradicting.

But then, I will make the move and strong I will break out.

My question would be, what's the cost for one bedroom selfcon and a location with good electricity and security.

Abeg make Una help me, I no fit sleep well for months now....I wan come Lagos

PS: Sorry for my long epistle.
Mynd44, lalasticalala
You don't have enough money for rent and you are looking for self contained, my brother just try and manage a single room for now.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by PersonalDiary: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2021
Saintinoo:

You don't have enough money for rent and you are looking for self contained, my brother just try and manage a single room for now.

What's the cost for a single room?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by PowersthatBe: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
If what you do to make income is majorly online, as you mentioned: E-commerce' et all .

Then What you need is "information" not absolutely change of environment. As working online is independent of location, except if we are talking about networking with like minds.

Your guys are pushing forward becuase they are doing things in a certain type of way which you don't know about yet. And to catch up with them, you need to "know" something they do which you don't necessarily know now. Do not mix this up with the external discomfort your current environment maybe giving you. For example, As you work, maybe you are always indoors and then you tend to have a pressing feeling of being lonely... Or maybe, you in a lousy neighborhood or something. The solution for all these is totally different.

"You need new information, new guide, updated knowledge on how to do stuff that you do which you have been doing" . You are stucked to doing things the old way, which is no longer giving you results and now it's frustrating you?

That's just it.

Update yourself with new content, take aggressive action and you should see some new progress. You can bank from the remarkable success and then move to wherever want to move to later... Don't just move like that.

BUT, IF IT IS A JOB YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND YOU SEE THAT YOUR CURRENT ENVIRONMENT IS SHORT OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR THAT THEN FEEL FREE TO MOVE.

I speak to you as someone who makes income online too and is independent of reporting to any muh'fuckin boss.

You know you are short of resources, yet you want to go and suffer and discordinate yourself. It will take a huge toll on you.

Be settled where you are now, get new information, implement, make success to an extent and then you can move to wherever you want and pursue the success to the higher heights.

Last year I did about 2 months vacation in my village and still made millions from my business

I didn't think I had to relocate to Lagos. Or did I?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by PersonalDiary: 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kobicove:
@PersonalDiary

Since you're in the Tech sector, a good place for you to live would be Yaba but you will need to budget at least 400K for a decent self contained room in that area

Thanks Bro. Highly appreciate!
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos, Have No Where To Stay For The Moment! Need A Guide! by stacyadams: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
PersonalDiary:

What's the cost for a single room?
250k u wil get a room and parlour,u go buy gen as back up

(1) (Reply)

Uba Debiting Customers. / Sure Airdrop But The Money Is Small Sha / Officially, Imo State Has The Highest Gas Reserves In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.