Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / . (2903 Views)

Many Sites Hosted By Web4Africa Are Down / Please Help Me Beg Web4Africa.Net / Problem With Web4africa.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2011
Re: . by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2011
Re: . by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2011
Re: . by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2011
Re: . by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 05, 2011
Re: . by Slyr0x: 12:42am On Jun 06, 2011
^^^iDon't think leaving your info here is the right thing to do.
Re: . by Seun(m): 1:40am On Jun 06, 2011
@slyr0x: The only thing 'wrong' is the title.

I think the transcript shows that web4africa has good support for a Nigerian host, so no harm done.

The OP wants to know why the files may have disappeared:

- One possibility is that your site was hacked or the file was changed by one of your developers by mistake. 

- Another possibility is data corruption due to disk failure.  Ask Web4africa if they had any recent disk issues. 

Cheers.
Re: . by Slyr0x: 2:08am On Jun 06, 2011
You didn't get my point.

Server version: *****-community MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

Database |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| *********** |

This is wrong!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 06, 2011
Re: . by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 06, 2011
Re: . by DualCore1: 10:17am On Jun 06, 2011
In the future, it would be nice to do some in-house homework before setting out to kill people's businesses. As of my writing its 44 views, most likely 44 minds poisoned.

Sometimes I wish I could take pictures of a typical overnight server OP so clients see the guys behind the reason their sites never sleep even when they are sleeping. That way they would do some thinking before laying public allegations.

Well, bad publicity isn't really bad.
Re: . by sunej(m): 4:25am On Oct 26, 2011
Why are we Nigerians quick to slander people's business
Re: . by Gmmail(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
What goes around comes around.
Re: . by WebSurfer(m): 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2011
moderatorrrrr. also change the topic name. this might kill their business
Re: . by binkabir(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2011
na wa ho.
web4africa have been down since yesterday, even their website is down angry angry
Re: . by DualCore1: 6:33am On Oct 27, 2011
hmm sorry o. hope for the best now but expect the worst.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 27, 2011
please what is wrong with them they cant even send a mass message to their clients to tell the situation with thier server all my 4 site hosted with them is down now
Re: . by DualCore1: 9:12am On Oct 27, 2011
bro if their own site is down how do you propose they send a mass mail to clients?

its a general best practice for a host to keep its own site on a different server from the one hosting client sites so when there's a server outage, there is still an open channel to communicate with clients.
Re: . by moderatorr: 9:15am On Oct 27, 2011
they dont support phpmail!
They are now charging me 19 dollars for a domain i bought for 14 dollars in 2009, for what?

I have long since moved my files away from them, remaining that domain.
Re: . by yamakuza: 10:50am On Oct 27, 2011
I always wonder how these companies can stay competitive, especially in Africa, with the ridiculous prices they charge.

No Disaster Recovery or Business Continuity plans in place. (Hope NL has one)!

First NairaHost, now W4A. Wonder who's next.

Hope they come back soon and stronger.
Re: . by tyange(m): 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
I have been using them since 2008. Servers in the US - downtimes may have increased recently but it remains above average.

They however are notorious for "server clean-ups" where your websites are wiped out and previous back-ups restored.
Each time this occurs, you are bound to have some issues ... It is even more unproductive where you are their reseller-webmaster with many sites to manage.

Their cost of reselling also went up by an additional 200% appx in 2012 with the promise of more reseller features (and hopefully, more formiddable hosting)
Re: . by Everest9(m): 4:47pm On May 01, 2013
you people should stop distroying peoples business and i wonder why Nairaland moderators decided to leave this thread to distroy somebodys business and Nairaland is always fast in moderating even the things that add value to its members and vital to the forum, now they see people distroying peoples business image and the kept quiet too bad, i will always say the truth but as for web4africa they are the best for me, they answer me when ever i called be it 12,1,2 or 3 am and most importantly solves my problems as requested
Re: . by A2J(m): 5:27pm On May 01, 2013
seriously? I have been using web4africa for years now, even before they bought one naija host.

Their service and costumer service has been excellent.

just my two cent.
Re: . by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:39pm On May 01, 2013
Activeman was quick to come here to nail Web4Africa down, now he wants this thread to be closed. For what? I think it's wrong on his part to request that moderator close this thread after running web4africa down. He should first apologize to web4africa.
Re: . by mastere3: 3:59pm On May 02, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Activeman was quick to come here to nail Web4Africa down, now he wants this thread to be closed. For what? I think it's wrong on his part to request that moderator close this thread after running web4africa down. He should first apologize to web4africa.

I think i totally agree with. It should not surprising as we so many person's behave like him. they will think that every little thing that goes wrong is from the hosting company not knowing that clients have their own role to play. The support team of web4africa were good to provide support for an application they did not develop. Wordpress support issue should be tackled not only from the hosting provider also from WP support instead of bordering the provider.

Again these day oof d script vulnerability, anything can go wrong with your application in terms of compromise, especially wordpress ad joomla and as such i think we should expand our knowledge of the internet and know where the boundaries lies.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:20am On May 03, 2013
Re: . by hubreality(m): 7:01am On Jun 02, 2013
ActiveMan: i have no apologies to make, the reason i said the thread should be close is because i do not want to use their web hosting again and i see no reason to keep complying when i know they can not solve my problem.

This happens 2 years ago, they claim out site is using more resource then they FORCED me to buy a VPS from them which i did but eventually they could not configure the VPS to work, they keep complying to me that the VPS fail each time they try to get it running. the site was number 200 Nigeria website on Alexa that time.

Personally WEB4AFRICA has done more harm than good to me, in 2008, i was given a job to develop a local government website (ADO ODO OTA LOCAL GOVT.) so i put up to register this domain (aolg.gov.ng) with them up still today they never register the domain and the money was not REFUNDED, i tried all the means to contact them all to no avail, i was a friend of niyi on FACEBOOK then he deleted me because of this issue, eventually i lost the job some how due to this.

Recently, i tried registering a domain with them again (WEBHOSTI.NG) they told me NIRA is down that they will register it when NIRA portal is available i waited for 24hours no reply, but this time i had to open a tread here on NAIRALAND and also with the help of TECHLOY i got a reply from them saying the domain name is already registered from another registrar (whogohost) i believed them and i move on

Lastly i registered a domain name with them again (auctioning.com.ng) it took over 48hours to register the domain

You might ask me why i choose to keep using their service when they disappoint me on several occasion, the simple answer is because they are the only NIRA registrar i know that accept liberty reserve.

I HAVE NO APOLOGIES TO MAKE AND I AM NOT EXPECTING ANY FROM THEM.

At a time when I complained and asked why been treated so bad; domains down, the banned me from commenting on their facebook fan page...I felt very hurted. Web4Africa is simply horrible, the most recent one was many domains hosted by them were hacked for days by one Islamic group, my clients almost got mad on me. So embarrassed and hurted. I do not wish to continue with them again! So Horrible!

1 Like

Re: . by popeson(m): 1:25am On Sep 11, 2013
Web4africa is the worst host i've ever used. All my site has beed down for 10hrs and i couln't login into my account to submit a ticket. I had to send a direct mail to their email.

Funny enough, their customer service replied me twice on different occasion that the problem has been fixed, without it truly being fixed.

This is a usual occurrence with them. This is not good for business. I wonder how e-commerce and high traffic sites on dis host.

Guyz pls keep off

(1) (Reply)

How To Receive Google Adsense Payment Through Ur Diamond Saving Acct With Pics / Apple Knows The Truth - Hidden In Plain Sight (pictures Included) / Drop Your Email Or Phone Number Here If You Want To Know How To Send Bulksms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.