Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? (51280 Views)

Some Of The Worst Sky Scrapper, High-Rise Building Collapses In History(Photos) / Whatsapp Group For Real Estate Agents / Top Lies Told By Real Estate Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:17am On Nov 10, 2021
Hmmm? Na wa o.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:19am On Nov 10, 2021
Ijawboy:
Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.
See what a greedy Real Estate Agent charged me for a 2 bedroom apartment in Oluyole estate, here in Ibadan:

Rent - N700,000
Agency fee @ 20% = N140,000
Legal fee @ 10% = N70,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Just imagine being asked to pay N980,000 due to sheer greed of this Estate agents in collusion with greedy landlords☹️

Unfortunately, this is the norm out here as other agents I spoke to were not any different.

Kindly share your experience with Ibadan Real Estate agents or even their greedy colleagues in other states and how you handled them.

Na real wa for this my Ibadan local champion people. This is why people need to travel for the purpose of exposure. These local champion guys need to go to the east to learn the ABC and 123 of real estate business. May God help your soul and your local counter productive style of business.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:22am On Nov 10, 2021
Hmm
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:45am On Nov 10, 2021
Ijawboy:
Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.
See what a greedy Real Estate Agent charged me for a 2 bedroom apartment in Oluyole estate, here in Ibadan:

Rent - N700,000
Agency fee @ 20% = N140,000
Legal fee @ 10% = N70,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Just imagine being asked to pay N980,000 due to sheer greed of this Estate agents in collusion with greedy landlords☹️

Unfortunately, this is the norm out here as other agents I spoke to were not any different.

Kindly share your experience with Ibadan Real Estate agents or even their greedy colleagues in other states and how you handled them.

Honestly, this has nothing to do with bad economy but I believe this stem from greed for material gains and share wickedness from these perceived wicked Ibadan agents. Most of these perceived Ibadan agents are not better of armed criminals who would like to rob you at gun point. Am sure most of these guys has no conception of value for life let alone do they know what it takes to live the good life. Most of them are not even property owners and if they do, most are fraudsters. I would really love most of these low and local thinking guys should make out time to travel around Nigeria especially to the east to go and learn the ABC of real estate business instead of them going about claiming local champion. As far as am concerned, majority of those acclaimed ibadan real estate agents are not just criminals but bandits and terrorist. Go on facebook Ibadan real estate group and you would see their miserable and ugly faces. They give outrageous charges which over 90% of them can never path with and this brings to mind the caliber of persons and bad eggs in Ibadan real estate business. I can categorically tell that you dont have such in Lagos, PH and most of the eastern states as with 150k you can get a 3 bedroom flat in Abakaliki fully tilled with all the needed facilities while with a budget of 200k to 350k you would get a good 3 bedroom in Enugu without all these silly charges by purported by these so called Ibadan miscreants calling themselves agents. Even in Ikorodu in Lagos and Ogijo extension of Ogun and Interior part of Ogun with Oshogbo in Osun, you will still get 2 to 3 bedroom flat with all needed facilities for between 150k to 200k. I was equally alarmed when I first noticed this style of outrageous charges online on facebook a year ago. The security chiefs and responsible authorities in Oyo state should not ignore this public appeal to look into the nefarious activities of this rogues terrorising Oyo and Ibadan residents in the name of real estate business and go about disguising themselves as real estate agents. Government really need to go after these bad eggs in the real estate business trying to make life more difficult for deligent and struggling Nigerians than it already is.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Iykoto86(m): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2021
Scamburster:

Man which side you dey?
Nkwele ,3/3.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by abbeynism(m): 7:02am On May 25, 2022
Na G guys wide these Agent's mouth.
That axis is a hot cake for Big G guys and they are ready to pay whatever the agents requested.
So if you be working guy, be ready to spill out the cash.
If you want something cheaper, you will need to connect with friends in that axis to ask around their neighbourhood for vacant apartments.
Most times, the landlord prefer to deal with tenants directly.

Your taste also matters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Where To Get Wallpapers In Lagos / Mosquito Village: Inside Lagos Slum Where Land Is Allocated At N2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.