Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,696 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? (51278 Views)

Some Of The Worst Sky Scrapper, High-Rise Building Collapses In History(Photos) / Whatsapp Group For Real Estate Agents / Top Lies Told By Real Estate Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Akhee: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ijawboy:
Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.
See what a greedy Real Estate Agent charged me for a 2 bedroom apartment in Oluyole estate, here in Ibadan:

Rent - N700,000
Agency fee @ 20% = N140,000
Legal fee @ 10% = N70,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Just imagine being asked to pay N980,000 due to sheer greed of this Estate agents in collusion with greedy landlords☹️

Unfortunately, this is the norm out here as other agents I spoke to were not any different.

Kindly share your experience with Ibadan Real Estate agents or even their greedy colleagues in other states and how you handled them.

. Minna own Real estate agents accept Agency fee of 10% of Rent.. As long as Agency fee is paid dem no care for Legal fee or caution deposit.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by kenex4ever(m): 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
This my first time of seeing 20%, greed. If the ones of 5% are 10%.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ijawboy:
Lately I have been scouting for a 2 bedroom apartment in Ibadan for residential use.
See what a greedy Real Estate Agent charged me for a 2 bedroom apartment in Oluyole estate, here in Ibadan:

Rent - N700,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Just imagine being asked to pay N980,000 due to sheer greed of this Estate agents in collusion with greedy landlords☹️

Unfortunately, this is the norm out here as other agents I spoke to were not any different.

Kindly share your experience with Ibadan Real Estate agents or even their greedy colleagues in other states and how you handled them.

700k for Ibadan?? Na wa. E don dey cost like Lagos

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by angelfallz(m): 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2021
Lol. Una go chop in Jesus name... Amen. But only chop legally.

Shey it would be best to deal with agents from big estate agencies? This has always been in my mind. To only deal with agencies that have a physical presence.

grandstar:

The legal fee is what is used to prepare the legal agreement. This should be given to a lawyer to prepare. Though the prospective tenant is charged 10% by the landlord, he might just pay the lawyer 5%. Many a time, the landlord simply uses a draft from the previous lettings so no payment to any lawyer. So, the landlord pockets everything.

If it is a big estate agency handling the property, the estate firm may handle the legal themselves and collect the fees. They may either use an in-house lawyer or employ the services of a lawyer. Large estate firms would most likely engage a lawyer each time so that if any problem springs up, the solicitor that prepared the agreement can be engaged. If they bypassed the lawyer and did an agreement without his input or authority, he is not liable to defend them and that may put them in trouble.

For the agency fee, that goes to the estate agent. We no go chop? My friend, what are you saying? No make I declare mental here?

The rent is strictly for the landlord while the agency fee and legal are supposed to be for the respective professions

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Nisiw365: 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
Icumsa45:

700k for Ibadan?? Na wa. E don dey cost like Lagos
when 2bed cost 1m in some areas

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Bigfish121(m): 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
Abuja here still worst ooo.Am currently looking for a one bedroom flat in abuja. If you have or know of any good agent around please quote me.
Thanks
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by ActuaRise696969: 12:07am On Nov 07, 2021
Elsueno:

Most of these bandits, herdsmen ain't really Nigerians..they just cross d border & camouflage. Afterall all u need is 3k for birth certificate & indigene which automatically qualifies you for NIN grin

Which is why I have a gun, if they trespass I shoot directly with intention to kill.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by nedekid: 12:14am On Nov 07, 2021
Shellsploit:
Okearo is cheaper...

Besides, that N980,000 don buy and build correct house near canal for okearo. Just dont forget to tie the house to the closest tree cheesy
grin
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Scamburster(m): 12:16am On Nov 07, 2021
GAdmob200002:
They're worse than bad

Look up Google Admob today

It's real and very legit

Earn monthly payouts off ads

Check sig for contact details and more informations
Since you don't want to repent, you will see.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Scamburster(m): 12:21am On Nov 07, 2021
Iykoto86:
But we are blessed here in onitcha. Three bedroom flat @ nkwele 33,GRA. 400k per year.agent fee and cola nut,20k. with water and steady power supply. The way this guys keep churning out three floor buildings in this area is simply amazing.lass lass everybody go they alright sha.
Man which side you dey?
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by nedekid: 12:21am On Nov 07, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

Which is why I have a gun, if they trespass I shoot directly with intention to kill.
Badt guy! cool
You probably have a pump action shotgun that fires cartrages. They have Ak 47 assault rifles that shoot bullets.
They also know your fixed address which is where they trespassed and you shot to kill. For sure any survivor amongst them will tell their paddies and surely they will come for return match of which their hit squad will butcher, shoot any living thing around and they will be with full federal Fulani government backing!
How you go touch awon omo baba and go free? undecided
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by ActuaRise696969: 1:32am On Nov 07, 2021
nedekid:

Badt guy! cool
You probably have a pump action shotgun that fires cartrages. They have Ak 47 assault rifles that shoot bullets.
They also know your fixed address which is where they trespassed and you shot to kill. For sure any survivor amongst them will tell their paddies and surely they will come for return match of which their hit squad will butcher, shoot any living thing around and they will be with full federal Fulani government backing!
How you go touch awon omo baba and go free? undecided

Are you a coward?

2 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by nedekid: 1:52am On Nov 07, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

Are you a coward?
Hmm.
You know nothing of me.
Well, cowardance has nothing to do with the reality on ground which is the senerio I stated earlier.
Those fulanis always come back enmass for revenge fully armed. More like a hit squad, and they seem to have backing.
Being brave does not save someone armed from a multitude armed and with the advantage of surprise.
Sometimes being a coward is smart cos you live to fight another day.
It is said a dead general helps no one.

2 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by grandstar(m): 2:57am On Nov 07, 2021
GenAbacha:

Then which one is now caution and service charge?

Especially when it’s not a serviced apartment, why service charge

Caution is collected from tenants in the event they damage something. This would be used to take care of damages when the tenant leaves. If there's any balance after repairs, it should be given to the tenant. Caution should be refundable but that is usually not the case. The caution is paid to the landlord.

As for service charge, that takes care of some services thr tenant will enjoy. For instance, compound cleaning, neighborhood security, garbage disposal etc. Some landlords collect these upfront so they won't be chasing the tenant up and down.

Then you have big time service charges like this charge in Ikoyi or Victoria Island. Service charge covers 24 hour power supply swimming pool maintenance, property security guards and so on. 5m per year for instance. The money belongs to the landlord.

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by fkj950ax(m): 3:24am On Nov 07, 2021
GenAbacha:

By law it should be 5% and nothing more than 10%
You think real estate and property leases is buying gala 150.
https://www.nairaland.com/5513980/fees-take-note-when-renting

Please point us to which law that is. Let us learn from your wealth of knowledge.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by tee4naija(m): 4:22am On Nov 07, 2021
Most of those old estates in Ibadan are overrated. Oluyole,Bodija,Jericho, Ikolaba etc are all living on their past glory. If you have a car, look for a nice area outside those estates depending on where your work place is. I currently live at Odo ona and my rent is just N250k for a decent 3 bedroom apartment. I still get to my office at Dugbe before 7:30 am every day.

5 Likes

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by twilliamx(m): 5:44am On Nov 07, 2021
bigman001:

Bunch of useless and greedy yorubas, thats why we the yorubas will never have any head way, i dont even now if the tradition has been cursed with greed and hatred.

Ogbeni you are not yoruba

1 Like

Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Kay25(m): 5:59am On Nov 07, 2021
Ajixegun:

I can never give my house to an agent. How many blocks or cement did any agent give me when building my house? They always form bosses on another's man property.
it is the attitude of tenants that gave way for the reign of agents too many of this tenants won't value what u do for them if u give them apartment without agent and they will end up misbehaving but let agent be involved after spending so much they tend to caution themselves..
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by IreneJane: 6:46am On Nov 07, 2021
grandstar:
They're basing their agency fees on 2 years rather than one. 10% of 700k which is one year's rent is 70K. But though you're paying for a year's rent, they assume you're paying for 2 years, which is 1.4m, and charge you 10% of that.

This was also done in some parts of mainland Lagos. I know it used to be done in Ikeja. However, the last letting I did in Lagos (I am an estate agent) was in 2015 so I am a bit out of touch. I don't think it's done on the island.

The greedy system started when the then governor, Fashola limited residential rents to 1 year in advance rather than the then customary 2 years. Estate agents in order to prevent a cut in their fees, now charged commission based on 2 years rent rather than 1 year.

Don't say what you don't know pls , 20 percent agency fee was meant for 2nd brief /direct , the agent is says such isn't the direct agent to the property from the landlord, if you are ready to make payment , they will now refer you to the direct agent to give you the receipt... the funny things those illiterate barber , tailor and Co are the agent in ibadan , they are the spoiling the job for the realtors out there .. IF THE OP IS READY TO RENT HOUSE IN IBADAN , YOU CAN CONTACT ME , I WILL GIVE YOU DIRECT PROPERTY
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by daddytime(m): 6:48am On Nov 07, 2021
AmuEbule:

In Idogbo town. Thanks

You can do it yourself.
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by lereinter(m): 7:12am On Nov 07, 2021
Nisiw365:
there is 2 Bed for 1m in ikolaba, akobo, ringroad, jericho, alalubosa

Ehn

I think say na only aerodrome such dey oga O
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Nisiw365: 7:26am On Nov 07, 2021
lereinter:

Ehn

I think say na only aerodrome such dey oga O
price have gone up. But these houses are newly built
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Rexnegro(m): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2021
Vladm:
Real estate agents are just crooks like omo oniles.... the country sef... let me list some criminal jobs that are backed by stupid govt... not constitution o.. GORVERNMENT

1.NURTW
2.OMO-ONILE
3.FORCEFUL UNIONS
4.ESTATE AGENTS
5. Market unions
... the list goes on...
And we think corrupt politicians are our problem....

If you are still under 30.... try all your best to leave this country....
Wetin do above 30 ?
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Bobtobe(m): 7:43am On Nov 07, 2021
brokenHalo:
Actually, it all depends bro.

There's a 3 bedroom flat around my place of residence(family's), fenced, portable water(or whatever u guys call water channeled into ur toilets, bathroom and kitchen), and the rent is not even up to 200k(not up to), unsure how much the agent fee is, but u shouldn't be spending a total of 250k to get the place.

it's a growing estate though.

Greetings chief, kindly provide info of how to contact you or the person in charge of this. I'm interested. Thanks
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Bobtobe(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2021
tee4naija:
Most of those old estates in Ibadan are overrated. Oluyole,Bodija,Jericho, Ikolaba etc are all living on their past glory. If you have a car, look for a nice area outside those estates depending on where your work place is. I currently live at Odo ona and my rent is just N250k for a decent 3 bedroom apartment. I still get to my office at Dugbe before 7:30 am every day.

Is there a room and parlor self here?
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by Slimbee1(m): 8:22am On Nov 07, 2021
Shellsploit:
Okearo is cheaper...

Besides, that N980,000 don buy and build correct house near canal for okearo. Just dont forget to tie the house to the closest tree cheesy

Lol � grin grin grin
Re: Are Ibadan Real Estate Agents The Worst In Nigeria? by sulaak(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2021
Ijawboy:

Rent - N700,000
Caution deposit =N70,000

Blame the state government, they should regulate the housing rental landscape.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Where To Get Wallpapers In Lagos / Mosquito Village: Inside Lagos Slum Where Land Is Allocated At N2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.