Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie (1250 Views)

2023: I Will Contest For Presidency Even Without Zoning– Anyim / M.K.O. Tibetan: Buhari Victory To Shock PDP & APC Will Rule Nigeria For 40 Years / Throwback: Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Move2(m): 8:27am On Nov 07, 2021
Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie

How would you react to the allegation that southerners championing a northern presidency in 2023 are doing so for pecuniary interest and political relevance?

If you are talking about poverty, it is 90 percent in the North. The southern parts of Nigeria do not have that level of poverty. A number of the northern political leaders will leave Abuja on a Friday and move to their towns, they will visit their homes where their wives are and after some hours, they leave for their guest houses. Which money are they talking about? Election is a game of numbers: check the voters register for now and see the votes in the various zones of the country. If you don’t have the votes, can you make the change? If because of greed we jettison zoning, in the next 300 years, the South will never produce the president of this country because this is a game of numbers.

Go to some parts of the North and you will see a man with 78 children, which he can’t take care of, they are on the street but when it is election time, they will go and vote. Economically, they are useless but politically they are useful. But you and I here are not ready to have more than three or four children. I went to New Benin to see my aunt and tell her to go and register, she asked me whether I am contesting any election. That means it is only when I am contesting that she will register, whereas in the North, they will queue to register. North West alone has 29 million registered voters excluding the new one, yet South-East and South-South put together have less than 19 million, so how do you win?

In the on-going registration exercise, Borno State where there is war has registered over 3.7 million, here in the South we are still talking grammar. I always tell the truth; when Jonathan wanted to contest for a second tenure, I told him not to contest based on the circumstances, that he will be defeated woefully but other leaders asked him to go ahead, saying ‘this is our time’, but what happened? When there is no truth, there is danger, and we pretend because we are self-centred.

You preach equity, fairness and justice, how can we achieve this considering the present situation?

When you talk about marginalization, in 1999, the PDP zoned presidency to the South West, Vice President to the North, Senate president to the South East, Chief Whip South-South, Deputy Speaker to South-South, Speaker to the North. The Speaker of the House was only changed once because Salisu Buhari had issues with his certificate and after him Ghali Umar Na’aba emerged Speaker and through the remaining seven and a half years, in spite of all the resources Obasanjo pushed out to the northern members in the House to impeach him, they will collect his money and refused to do his bidding. That is a sign of people with conscience, people that believe in themselves but the Senate Presidency that was zoned to the South-East, they were ready to change the Senate president every hour. Within that period, five presidents of the Senate came from the South-East. Is that a good testimony? Christ said if you are not accountable in little things, how will you be accountable in bigger things? Even if today the presidency is zoned to the South, 100 people will come out from the South-East and at the end of the day, another person from another zone will clinch it. Everybody needs to put their homes in order and then you can be a good player at the centre.

Daily Trust

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by vanbonattel: 8:28am On Nov 07, 2021
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Move2(m): 8:28am On Nov 07, 2021
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by slivertongue: 8:29am On Nov 07, 2021
Lie from the pit of hell
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Abdul05: 8:29am On Nov 07, 2021
Move2:
the Senate Presidency that was zoned to the South-East, they were ready to change the Senate president every hour. Within that period, five presidents of the Senate came from the South-East. Is that a good testimony? Christ said if you are not accountable in little things, how will you be accountable in bigger things?

Daily Trust
grin the ibos are the only problem of the southerners..they are not political in nature even... Military leg dey no get..

If ideology and political are to follow..the west and north should be the ones sharing power together grin l swear

2 Likes

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by ChiefSosa(m): 8:30am On Nov 07, 2021
This is the harsh truth.
Nigeria needs to be divided. The Northerners have decided to be unfortunate and backwards people, there's no need to be with them any longer.

Go to some parts of the North and you will see a man with 78 children, which he can’t take care of, they are on the street but when it is election time, they will go and vote. Economically, they are useless but politically they are useful.
They will run to the north to vote and then later come to the South to beg for alms for survival. These people are not serious in life. They should be cut-off from Nigeria so they can destroy themselves by themselves. They don't pay taxes and other bills like people in the south pay, that's why they're giving birth anyhow. When the children can't be taken care off, they'll then become terrorists that'll start killing, kidnapping, destroying things, and disturbing Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Amotolongbo(f): 8:30am On Nov 07, 2021
slivertongue:
Lie from the pit of hell
That is true anyway.

Thanks to the division in the South.
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Aufbauh(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2021
That is actually the bitter reality.
Those that'll argue this are definitely those who have moved round the country.

Aside the population advantage of the North in elections, the attitude of an average Southerner in an election is deficient.
Playing street football, drinking beer with friends in the neighborhood and engaging in senseless argument in an election day etc don't add up to votes.
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Kabriel62862: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Read below it
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Guestlander: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
In the good old USA where we copied our system, they have the electoral college system making it almost impossible for one section of the country to produce the president ad infinitum.
The crooks who copied the constitution forgot that part, either they were too clever or too dumb.

3 Likes

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by mrvitalis(m): 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
This is what our Yoruba brothers fail to get because of simple greed

Yoruba presidency is hanged on one thing and one thing alone north would vote yorubas over igbos simple

5 Likes

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Move2(m): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2021
The point being made is that they have the numbers to determine who becomes the president.
And he is right about our attitude in the south to elections.
Lagos has 6 million registered voters. Less than 2 million come out to vote.
Yet you see notherners moving enmasse to their states to vote during elections.
They will stand for hours traveling from Lagos, ibadan and other cities in the South West to travel to their place to vote.
They understand political power better than us, we should admit that.
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by edmaraja: 8:56am On Nov 07, 2021
If the north wants to rule for 1 million years, so be it. Of what use is the zoning if it won't be fair? Since this democracy started in 1999, the south east is the only region that has not produced a president so if we are talking of fairness in zoning then it should go to the east otherwise the zoning is useless and should be discarded. What's the difference between what the north is trying to do and what the south west is doing? The south west had eight years, the south south had six years and the south east zero. So on what basis is the south west saying that it should be zoned to them again? If we want zoning then let the zoning be fair or we can as well get rid of the zoning all together.

5 Likes

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by rayvelez(m): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2021
Senate Presidency that was zoned to the South-East, they were ready to change the Senate president every hour. Within that period, five presidents of the Senate came from the South-East. Is that a good testimony? Christ said if you are not accountable in little things, how will you be accountable in bigger things? Even if today the presidency is zoned to the South, 100 people will come out from the South-East and at the end of the day, another person from another zone will clinch it. Everybody needs to put their homes in order and then you can be a good player at the centre.
Nah dis part for me, let see how South East politicians play 2023 game.
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Redcrafton: 10:03am On Nov 07, 2021
rayvelez:
Senate Presidency that was zoned to the South-East, they were ready to change the Senate president every hour. Within that period, five presidents of the Senate came from the South-East. Is that a good testimony? Christ said if you are not accountable in little things, how will you be accountable in bigger things? Even if today the presidency is zoned to the South, 100 people will come out from the South-East and at the end of the day, another person from another zone will clinch it. Everybody needs to put their homes in order and then you can be a good player at the centre.
Nah dis part for me, let see how South East politicians play 2023 game.

...and without quota system and federal character what will happen to the north in 1000 years...again? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Continue shifting the goal post...and think the country will develop by cheating others.
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by JavaScript90: 10:08am On Nov 07, 2021
lol
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by ChiefSosa(m): 11:42am On Nov 07, 2021
Guestlander:
In the good old USA where we copied our system, they have the electoral college system making it almost impossible for one section of the country to produce the president ad infinitum.
The crooks who copied the constitution forgot that part, either they were too clever or too dumb.
With the way our country is, I don't think the 'Electoral college system' will be advantageous to us. We have too many corrupt and power-drunk politicians in Nigeria!
The President and Vice president will ONLY care about those selected individuals, because they're the ones that vote and can help them secure the positions. They'll NOT care about the masses.
We should not continue to put our tomorrow in the hands of people that did not make out today memorable!

1 Like

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Kingof2nations(m): 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
Abdul05:
grin the ibos are the only problem of the southerners..they are not political in nature even... Military leg dey no get..

If ideology and political are to follow..the Yoruba and north should be the ones sharing power together grin l swear

For your mind you they mke sense

2 Likes

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by ArewaNorth: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Abdul05:

If ideology and political are to follow..the Yoruba and north should be the ones sharing power together grin l swear

May God bless u...the best permutation ever.
North and West are the most politically coordinated people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by ArewaNorth: 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:
This is the harsh truth.
Nigeria needs to be divided. The Northerners have decided to be unfortunate and backwards people, there's no need to be with them any longer.

They will run to the north to vote and then later come to the South to beg for alms for survival. These people are not serious in life. They should be cut-off from Nigeria so they can destroy themselves by themselves. They don't pay taxes and other bills like people in the south pay, that's why they're giving birth anyhow. When the children can't be taken care off, they'll then become terrorists that'll start killing, kidnapping, destroying things, and disturbing Nigerians.

You should allow ur emotion to override ur sense of decorum. 99% of northerners coming to south for menial jobs are either people with no conventional education or Nigeriens.
You are so ignorant of Nigeria and speaking based on deep ignorance. Have u ever seen also how southerners especially Yoruba and Igbos are en masse in the North?
Igbos are in the nooks and crannies of the North. They're doing all sort of businesses in villages, towns and cities.
Your people are selling sex home and abroad, they constitute 90% of black Prostitutes in Europe, trafficking humans, pushing drugs, doing Yahoo and cultism but all I see is begging, is it not better to beg than indulge in the dirty businesses ur people do?
Travel widely to Nigerians states before condemning others. I don't know if there is any index u use to find out who is developed or not. You have the worst leaders and bad representatives at FG and here u are complaining.
Tell me any development better than the north in the south beside the industrial growth in Lagos and Ogun states?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by ChiefSosa(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
[s]
ArewaNorth:

You should allow ur emotion to override ur sense of decorum. 99% of northerners coming to south for menial jobs are either people with no conventional education or Nigeriens.
You are so ignorant of Nigeria and speaking based on deep ignorance. Have u ever seen also how southerners especially Yoruba and Igbos are en masse in the North?
Igbos are in the nooks and crannies of the North. They're doing all sort of businesses in villages, towns and cities.
Your people are selling sex home and abroad, they constitute 90% of black Prostitutes in Europe, trafficking humans, pushing drugs, doing Yahoo and cultism but all I see is begging, is it not better to beg than indulge in the dirty businesses ur people do?
Travel widely to Nigerians states before condemning others. I don't know if there is any index u use to find out who is developed or not. You have the worst leaders and bad representatives at FG and here u are complaining.
Tell me any development better than the north in the south beside the industrial growth in Lagos and Ogun states?
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Godjone(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
Move2:
Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie

How would you react to the allegation that southerners championing a northern presidency in 2023 are doing so for pecuniary interest and political relevance?

If you are talking about poverty, it is 90 percent in the North. The southern parts of Nigeria do not have that level of poverty. A number of the northern political leaders will leave Abuja on a Friday and move to their towns, they will visit their homes where their wives are and after some hours, they leave for their guest houses. Which money are they talking about? Election is a game of numbers: check the voters register for now and see the votes in the various zones of the country. If you don’t have the votes, can you make the change? If because of greed we jettison zoning, in the next 300 years, the South will never produce the president of this country because this is a game of numbers.

Go to some parts of the North and you will see a man with 78 children, which he can’t take care of, they are on the street but when it is election time, they will go and vote. Economically, they are useless but politically they are useful. But you and I here are not ready to have more than three or four children. I went to New Benin to see my aunt and tell her to go and register, she asked me whether I am contesting any election. That means it is only when I am contesting that she will register, whereas in the North, they will queue to register. North West alone has 29 million registered voters excluding the new one, yet South-East and South-South put together have less than 19 million, so how do you win?

In the on-going registration exercise, Borno State where there is war has registered over 3.7 million, here in the South we are still talking grammar. I always tell the truth; when Jonathan wanted to contest for a second tenure, I told him not to contest based on the circumstances, that he will be defeated woefully but other leaders asked him to go ahead, saying ‘this is our time’, but what happened? When there is no truth, there is danger, and we pretend because we are self-centred.

You preach equity, fairness and justice, how can we achieve this considering the present situation?

When you talk about marginalization, in 1999, the PDP zoned presidency to the South West, Vice President to the North, Senate president to the South East, Chief Whip South-South, Deputy Speaker to South-South, Speaker to the North. The Speaker of the House was only changed once because Salisu Buhari had issues with his certificate and after him Ghali Umar Na’aba emerged Speaker and through the remaining seven and a half years, in spite of all the resources Obasanjo pushed out to the northern members in the House to impeach him, they will collect his money and refused to do his bidding. That is a sign of people with conscience, people that believe in themselves but the Senate Presidency that was zoned to the South-East, they were ready to change the Senate president every hour. Within that period, five presidents of the Senate came from the South-East. Is that a good testimony? Christ said if you are not accountable in little things, how will you be accountable in bigger things? Even if today the presidency is zoned to the South, 100 people will come out from the South-East and at the end of the day, another person from another zone will clinch it. Everybody needs to put their homes in order and then you can be a good player at the centre.

Daily Trust
point of correction. Remove the middle belt. When that is done? You can now count the remainder for the fulanis. Meanwhile we have seven states under the middle belt.

Middle belt is not north. I repeat. Middle belt is not north.

2 Likes

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by adamsmith914: 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
slivertongue:
Lie from the pit of hell
Trust Ipobians they detest the truth, how many Senate Presidents did you have under Obasanjo? Start counting.
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Gireiboy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
edmaraja:
If the north wants to rule for 1 million years, so be it. Of what use is the zoning if it won't be fair? Since this democracy started in 1999, the south east is the only region that has not produced a president so if we are talking of fairness in zoning then it should go to the east otherwise the zoning is useless and should be discarded. What's the difference between what the north is trying to do and what the south west is doing? The south west had eight years, the south south had six years and the south east zero. So on what basis is the south west saying that it should be zoned to them again? If we want zoning then let the zoning be fair or we can as well get rid of the zoning all together.
North East and North Central nko?
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by edmaraja: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
Gireiboy:

North East and North Central nko?
That's exactly what I am saying, we can't be talking of zoning when it's not fair. Those campaigning for zoning should be fair and zone it to the south east when it's the turn of the south and they should zone it to the north central or north east when it's the turn of the north. Otherwise the zoning is just a scam and should be thrown into the dust bin.

1 Like

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by gentiles(m): 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
edmaraja:

That's exactly what I am saying, we can't be talking of zoning when it's not fair. Those campaigning for zoning should be fair and zone it to the south east when it's the turn of the south and they should zone it to the north central or north east when it's the turn of the north. Otherwise the zoning is just a scam and should be thrown into the dust bin.
Nothing like zoning, let any interested politician from the 6 Zones compete, and the electorates will make the final choice in the general election.
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by edmaraja: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
gentiles:

Nothing like zoning, let any interested politician from the 6 Zones compete, and the electorates will make the final choice in the general election.
Exactly
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Abdul05: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
ArewaNorth:

May God bless u...the best permutation ever.
North and West are the most politically coordinated people!
thank bros

1 Like

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Guestlander: 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:

With the way our country is, I don't think the 'Electoral college system' will be advantageous to us. We have too many corrupt and power-drunk politicians in Nigeria!
The President and Vice president will ONLY care about those selected individuals, because they're the ones that vote and can help them secure the positions. They'll NOT care about the masses.
We should not continue to put our tomorrow in the hands of people that did not make out today memorable!

Then write it into the constitution that the electoral college votes MUST go to the candidate with the highest votes in each state.
So, if you decide to bribe the electors you will still need to win in that state.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by fourboys: 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by NoSentiment: 2:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
Though, as a northerner, I find some of the statements of this man to be quite patronising, yet I must admit, he is saying the absolute, unalloyed, unadulterated, undiluted and pure truth.
Re: Without Zoning, North Will Rule Nigeria For 300 Years – Sen. Owie by Odoogu(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
Are these numbers facts or doctored?
Cos, In my opinion the game of politics is same everywhere in this country, different rules just apply.

some receive bags of this and that to sell conscience for the next 4yrs, anoda some will receive 2 cups of this and that for the same purpose.

Some are empowered to suit economic growth and sustainability, anoda some are empowered just to get by and not be idle.

Some are armed and labelled political thugs, anoda some will be armed with pvc's like the man with 78 children, they can't all be over 18 at the same time now, abi? all for the sake of Numbers.

Even if there was an electoral college or there are plans to have one, are these the same set of persons that will be in charge? Na same Old result we go dey get.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Leaders In Hot Soup As Ijelespeaks Starts Arresting Them - VIDEO / How A Nigerian Warned About Abba Kyari Dirty Shadow In 2019 / 2023: There’ll Be No Credible Election Unless … — Bishop Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.