Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,753 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church (18132 Views)

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? / Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Mamijoh(f): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Just be faithful in your tithes, that's all that matters to the pastor in this Buhari era, joing group isn't so important cos if you don't join another person will, but if you don't pay your tithes, the monthly target reduces and the pastor might loose his job.

This I have seen.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Geenosko: 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
No but if everyone decides not to join a service department, you sef reason am.

How Sunday service go be like?
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Afodot0022(m): 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
My question is if everbody become worker for church, who will now warm the bench as they claimed. Everbody cannot be a church worker base on individual reason. If you know you are a busy type and you join worker for church because brother timothy that has a free time and not busy type is also a worker. Na you go suffer am pass o. Working for God is grace and if the grace is not there at the rime, pls dont force it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by calebseun2015(m): 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Go and read Exodus 23 vs 25. You can serve God in or out of the church but ensure you are serving God to promote His kingdom on earth. There are many benefits you will get from God while serving, I am a living example. Read that verse
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
APCNig:

That hypocrite that you quoted is Hell bound
grin
APCNig:

That hypocrite that you quoted is Hell bound
Absolutely right,bro
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by iamblest(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
omenkaLives:
I feel so irritated seeing or hearing the expression "is it a must..."?

Simply say "is it compulsory...", or "is it mandatory.."?

Why English language dey hard una like this?

"Is it a must" is correct English, mr man.check google
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by chaloskyx: 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
LOL OGA KEEP QUIET WHEN OYEDEPO WAS INDICTED CREATING TAX HAVEN IN THE PANAMA REPORT YOU DID NOT LABEL HIM SON OF BELIAL CONFUSED LOT CALLING THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS
staga:

Then when you die in your sin, what becomes of you? Son of Belial. Better repent. Money cannot buy you a place in heaven.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by micxwell(m): 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes,I do look down on people who don't belong to any department in the church.For God's sake religion is an act of practice, put your worship into action by participating actively in church activities and not just a church goer.
cheesy My dear, human validation holds no water as far as I am concerned. One thing I hate is doing things for people to see. You can actually be useful to God without joining a unit in church and one will still tick all the boxes you mentioned up there but you'll still look down on them because what they do isn't obvious.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes,I do look down on people who don't belong to any department in the church.For God's sake religion is an act of practice, put your worship into action by participating actively in church activities and not just a church goer.
says an ignorant Christian.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
Gospel2Day:

Is it a must to join a department in your workplace?
When it comes to religion, you people want to do the minimum, but if it's about money now, you will beg to join any available 'department' àbí?
Not wanting to be committed in a department is a sure sign that you aren't a seriously committed Christian.
Check your salvation. Whenever people get truly and thoroughly saved, serving in even more than one department becomes what they jump at without being coerced or forced.
Shalom.
there are lots of people that are truly saved,but are not in any department,let ur light shine for all men to see, represent God wherever you find yourself,and stop saying that they are not committed Christian,prove what you just wrote,ur likes keep putting pressure on people,join this,join that,just make sure you are walking with God and not just working for him. Your relationship with him is more important than what you think you do for him.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
areaboyjoe:

No personal life outside GOD(without HIM we are nothing).And services to GOD is nothing like free will.It is a duty you own GOD your creator.Book of Revelation 4:11 Said - For thou has created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created.We are created to serve GOD
what do u mean by services to God, you owe him both in church and out of church to serve him by walking in love which is the most important thing.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2021
lexy2014:

U haven't answered d question. How did u arrive at this:

People who do not work, or plan to work as part of the structure of Christ body, are excluding themselves from God...

Any scriptural backing?
of course he has no backing,lolll, I work in God's vineyard,but I know that is not what makes me a Christian,my lifestyle do.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by DanielAlhassan(m): 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
ikechukz:
People like us wey no dey go church at all nko grin grin
God no need useless person
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
eventainment:
Follow the instructions of the Bible not that center. Our task is to go ye into the world and preach the gospel. what being a staff in church gives you is the opportunity to preach the gospel though that unit cause it's the collective effort of all the units that makes up the gospel being preached in each service. But if you are preaching the gospel outside the church yourself then you are good to go but if you know you will be lazy to this task. Join unit in church to fulfil this great task
thank you.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
professore:
You have to work for God. In fact, that is how you grow and know God more.
lies,you know God more through studying his word,you knowing him through your obedience to his word,your personal experience of him,you don't know him through that department,you can work in the church and still be an ignorant Christian.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=oshiomuagbo11 post=107407788]The funny thing about people who disagree with the fact is that they don't bible scriptures to back it up.
Matt 23vs11
Heb 6vs 10
Col 3 vs 22
So in addition God is not begging anyone to work for him.. But as a TRUE CHRISTIAN its a must because it for your benefit...
God bless everyone here
I can't see where in all these verses you mentioned here include working in the church to show you are a true Christian,minister to the needs of the saints,it is not only done in the church,being a servant,is not only done in a church,so how did you come to this conclusion that he is not a true Christian,sorry�, have you studied 1 Corinthians 13 about love,this is what a true Christian is expected to do or how he is expected to live.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by professore(m): 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Honeysweetest:
lies,you know God more through studying his word,you knowing him through your obedience to his word,your personal experience of him,you don't know him through that department,you can work in the church and still be an ignorant Christian.
how do you obey His word that says you have to study to show yourself approved. A workman that is not ashamed...?
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
stayclearofme:

And that is enough reason to look down on people? If it is so then God should be totally far away from people like you!
You should encourage people and not look down on them, joining any department does make you a Christian or a saint. People like you are just Hypocrite, arrogant and pretenders to the core.
their likes are just so shortsighted.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
professore:
how do you obey His word that says you have to study to show yourself approved. A workman that is not ashamed...?
No bro,study to show your self approved, meaning,study that Christ might reflect in u,a workman that don't need to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word,he did not say rightly working in the church,a workman that understand that wherever he is,he is there as a work force for Christ,shining forth as a light,but you can't achieve all these until you get to know God through studying of his word.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Some of you here keep writing working in church makes you a true Christian,it is a lie and you have been deceived,I am a worker in the church,but I know that do not make me a true Christian,I can be doing all this but my life is still in a mess,I always go to ist Corinthians 13,that talked on love,that you can be doing all these,but untill you walk in love,you are just a noise maker.
1st Corinthians 12:from vrs 1 talked on different roles in the body of Christ,but you can't miss verse 28 that says,some of these God uses in the church,meaning, difference gift God gave to people, some of them he use them in the church,some in their work place,you might be a teacher,be the light,a lecturer,be the light,a baker, buisness man,be the light,shine so that men will see u and glorify God in your life, I am not more special than anyone not working in any department in the church.
Finally,1peter 2from 8, for you are a chosen generation,a royal priesthood, peculiar children, called to declare his praises that called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
All Christian's are all called and chosen by God to declare his praises,just make sure you are doing so through your life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by MrMeth: 12:09am On Nov 08, 2021
It's not a must to join the church workforce. But, consciencely you would feel unwelcome in the church as you would see yourself as a nobody going to the church week in and out.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by MightySparrow: 10:00am On Nov 08, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Some people get to look down at you if you aren't in a Department in the church or do stand a chance of loosing out of God's blessings.

I feel it's your personal relationship with God.

It simply means you don't love God. If you do, you will give him your service.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by professore(m): 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
Honeysweetest:
No bro,study to show your self approved, meaning,study that Christ might reflect in u,a workman that don't need to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word,he did not say rightly working in the church,a workman that understand that wherever he is,he is there as a work force for Christ,shining forth as a light,but you can't achieve all these until you get to know God through studying of his word.
Workforce for Christ? That means a worker, either in the evangelical team, ushering dept. Etc.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
professore:
Workforce for Christ? That means a worker, either in the evangelical team, ushering dept. Etc.
not just in the church pls,read my comment about this, you will understand better,just make sure you have a relationship with God.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Janosky: 12:40am On Nov 09, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Just be faithful in your tithes, that's all that matters to the pastor in this Buhari era, joing group isn't so important cos if you don't join another person will, but if you don't pay your tithes, the monthly target reduces and the pastor might loose his job.

This I have seen.

Functional Business franchise
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by professore(m): 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
Honeysweetest:
not just in the church pls,read my comment about this, you will understand better,just make sure you have a relationship with God.
relationship is important and your service should not affect it in any way. However, you need to work for Him.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
professore:
relationship is important and your service should not affect it in any way. However, you need to work for Him.
you can work in any field,the only reason u don't want to accept this is because you have been self deceived that you are better than others not serving in the church,or you have made urself better than them,you are not,God do not forget labour of love,just make sure that indeed you are working in love according to 1 Corinthians 13.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Gospel2Day: 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2021
Honeysweetest:
there are lots of people that are truly saved,but are not in any department,let ur light shine for all men to see, represent God wherever you find yourself,and stop saying that they are not committed Christian,prove what you just wrote,ur likes keep putting pressure on people,join this,join that,just make sure you are walking with God and not just working for him. Your relationship with him is more important than what you think you do for him.

'truly saved' but don't want to serve the Lord that saved them àbí?
Service to God in His house is not optional. It is a command, "serve the Lord with gladness". One way to shine the inward light is by outward service. Never take anyone who claims to be saved but finds service burdensome seriously.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Gospel2Day: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Honeysweetest:
you can work in any field,the only reason u don't want to accept this is because you have been self deceived that you are better than others not serving in the church,or you have made urself better than them,you are not,God do not forget labour of love,just make sure that indeed you are working in love according to 1 Corinthians 13.

You're deceived. Any salvation that frees you from serving God in your local church and community is fake and false.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Gospel2Day: 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Honeysweetest:
Some of you here keep writing working in church makes you a true Christian,it is a lie and you have been deceived,I am a worker in the church,but I know that do not make me a true Christian,I can be doing all this but my life is still in a mess,I always go to ist Corinthians 13,that talked on love,that you can be doing all these,but untill you walk in love,you are just a noise maker.
1st Corinthians 12:from vrs 1 talked on different roles in the body of Christ,but you can't miss verse 28 that says,some of these God uses in the church,meaning, difference gift God gave to people, some of them he use them in the church,some in their work place,you might be a teacher,be the light,a lecturer,be the light,a baker, buisness man,be the light,shine so that men will see u and glorify God in your life, I am not more special than anyone not working in any department in the church.
Finally,1peter 2from 8, for you are a chosen generation,a royal priesthood, peculiar children, called to declare his praises that called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
All Christian's are all called and chosen by God to declare his praises,just make sure you are doing so through your life.

Nobody is saying that working in the church makes you a Christian. What is being established here is that if you are truly and genuinely saved, you will work and serve the Lord you claim to save you in a local church. Simple. Can you be a doctor who does not like to work or serve in a clinic?
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Gospel2Day:

You're deceived. Any salvation that frees you from serving God in your local church and community is fake and false.
oga stop mentioning me with your ignorant, everyone will not work in the church,you are the one being deceived.
Stop comparing the work of God to career, do his work wherever you find yourself,stop spreading your ignorant.
Re: Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church by Honeysweetest(f): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2021
Gospel2Day:

'truly saved' but don't want to serve the Lord that saved them àbí?
Service to God in His house is not optional. It is a command, "serve the Lord with gladness". One way to shine the inward light is by outward service. Never take anyone who claims to be saved but finds service burdensome seriously.
serve the Lord with all gladness,does it state church? You don't take them serious,who are you?God? What will your acceptance do for them.
Stop feeling more important,you are not better than others not doing it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Almighty God Praise Himself? / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.