Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness (525 Views)

2020 CAMA Laws: The Lessons Bishop Oyedepo Must Learn From Pastor Adeboye / The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 9:57am On Nov 07, 2021
A little over a decade ago, one of my friends owed me one thousand US ($100) dollars and did not pay back because he was bankrupt. About the same time, while I was expecting my friend to pay me back, I also borrowed about 200 dollars from one of my other friends to run a business. The business ran at a loss.

Now, I needed to pay back the $200. I made payment appointments on about two different occasions with my friend that borrowed me the $200 but I could not meet up with the payment.

One day, while inside a BRT bus in one of the popular Lagos bus terminus, heading to a destination and waiting for the bus to be filled up, I called the friend I owed $200 to beg him for another payment plan. To my surprise, he told me, he forgave me the money and that I should not pay it again. He said we were best friends and that he believed, I would have paid back the money, if I had. That was a very great relief to me and I was happy.

While, I was still inside the same bus, happy that my debt had been waived, the Spirit of God told me that I have just been forgiven my debt, that I should pick my phone and call my other friend that owed me $1000 and also forgive him his debt. In obedience, I picked the phone and called him not to pay the $1000 debt again. He was happy as well.

Now, that would not have made so much sense to me just as it would not have made much sense to most people. Why should the Holy Spirit asked me to waive a debt of $1000 to another person because someone waived a debt of $200 to me? It would have made more sense to me, as a human being, if the Holy Spirit had financially blessed my debtor so that he could pay me back my $1000 debt and then I would take $200 from it and pay my own debt and then still had a whole $800 to cater for my family and still had some money to fill my pocket.

But guess what? The way of God is different. I believed that God wanted to teach me forgiveness and that I could not fully understand the gravity of forgiveness unless he taught me to forgive things that are painful to me. By so doing, I would have been used to forgiving 'perceived' painful offences and then to forgive ‘perceived’ little offences will not be so difficult.

Also, the Holy Spirit was teaching me that the face value or weight or gravity of offence does not matter to when God when in to comes to forgiveness but that what matters to God is whether forgiveness is granted or not. To the Holy Spirit, someone had forgiven me my debt and so I should forgive another person, his debt. He was concerned that forgiveness was done and not how much was forgiven. If I were to consider that how much was involved, I could have even gotten my debtor arrested, retrieve my money and then pay my own debtor. But the Holy Spirit was interested in something much more important. The way of God is truly different and unsearchable.

Can you remember the parable of the Lord Jesus Christ in Luke 15:3-5 that if a man had a hundred sheep, and one is lost, that man is supposed to leave the ninety-nine behind and go to look for the single one that was lost? Now, to most human being, that will not make sense. They will ask, 'Supposing something bad happen to the ninety-nine before I come back?' Let me just leave that one sheep to get lost like that’. But God is interested in every single sheep like the other.

If your boss at the office forgave your coming late to office, then you forgive the bus conductor that abused you in the bus. Forgiveness is forgiveness; it has nothing to do with weight or gravity of offence. If your friend could forgive you the lies you told him, then you should forgive your wife of her adultery.

It is like that. If anyone can forgive you any offence, no matter how little you perceived the offence to be, then you must forgive your offender of any offence that is committed against you, no matter, how big you perceived the offence to be, including adultery.

This is similar to how masses frown when court sentenced citizens that stole a supposed minor items into prison. You often hear statements like ‘why should they sentence someone to prison for stealing ten thousand naira when there are many government officials stealing billions? But rather than viewing the two stealings as being punishable offences, they are try to ascribe punishability of offence to the weight of what was stolen.

Jesus is coming. Stay ready in absolute repentance, watchfulness and holiness.

jesuscoming@yahoo.com
JESUScoming1..com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by Illuminatiship(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2021
Ok
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2021
Forgive that you also may be forgiven
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2021
shocked Christians be wise o, for serious grievous offenses, eg attempt to kill, you can forgive, then also remind God that vengeance belongs to him, that he should judge. You got to pray right before enemies use your life to gamble.
annyplenty:
forgiveness is forgiveness; it has nothing to do with weight or gravity of offence.

Then you must forgive your offender of any offence that is committed against you, no matter how big
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
shocked Christians be wise o, for serious grievous offenses, eg attempt to kill, you can forgive, then also remind God that vengeance belongs to him, that he should judge. You got to pray right before enemies use your life to gamble.

You are correct.

Vengeance belongs to God and He will avenge His children

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
I pray that you and I receive the Spirit of forgiveness in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 10:56am On Nov 08, 2021
Forgiveness is a very potent key to self deliverance and healing. Forgive and relieve your heart of that heavy burden

1 Like

Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2021
Hold no bitterness in your heart!
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 7:12am On Dec 31, 2021
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2023
Your luggages must be checked and measured for any excesses. Otherwise you must remove the excess luggage

Forgive your offenders. Don't let the weight of unforgivenness pull you down from the glorious flight.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by Tboy222: 7:58pm On May 03, 2023
annyplenty:
A little over a decade ago, one of my friends owed me one thousand US ($100) dollars and did not pay back because he was bankrupt. About the same time, while I was expecting my friend to pay me back, I also borrowed about 200 dollars from one of my other friends to run a business. The business ran at a loss.

Now, I needed to pay back the $200. I made payment appointments on about two different occasions with my friend that borrowed me the $200 but I could not meet up with the payment.

One day, while inside a BRT bus in one of the popular Lagos bus terminus, heading to a destination and waiting for the bus to be filled up, I called the friend I owed $200 to beg him for another payment plan. To my surprise, he told me, he forgave me the money and that I should not pay it again. He said we were best friends and that he believed, I would have paid back the money, if I had. That was a very great relief to me and I was happy.

While, I was still inside the same bus, happy that my debt had been waived, the Spirit of God told me that I have just been forgiven my debt, that I should pick my phone and call my other friend that owed me $1000 and also forgive him his debt. In obedience, I picked the phone and called him not to pay the $1000 debt again. He was happy as well.

Now, that would not have made so much sense to me just as it would not have made much sense to most people. Why should the Holy Spirit asked me to waive a debt of $1000 to another person because someone waived a debt of $200 to me? It would have made more sense to me, as a human being, if the Holy Spirit had financially blessed my debtor so that he could pay me back my $1000 debt and then I would take $200 from it and pay my own debt and then still had a whole $800 to cater for my family and still had some money to fill my pocket.

But guess what? The way of God is different. I believed that God wanted to teach me forgiveness and that I could not fully understand the gravity of forgiveness unless he taught me to forgive things that are painful to me. By so doing, I would have been used to forgiving 'perceived' painful offences and then to forgive ‘perceived’ little offences will not be so difficult.

Also, the Holy Spirit was teaching me that the face value or weight or gravity of offence does not matter to when God when in to comes to forgiveness but that what matters to God is whether forgiveness is granted or not. To the Holy Spirit, someone had forgiven me my debt and so I should forgive another person, his debt. He was concerned that forgiveness was done and not how much was forgiven. If I were to consider that how much was involved, I could have even gotten my debtor arrested, retrieve my money and then pay my own debtor. But the Holy Spirit was interested in something much more important. The way of God is truly different and unsearchable.

Can you remember the parable of the Lord Jesus Christ in Luke 15:3-5 that if a man had a hundred sheep, and one is lost, that man is supposed to leave the ninety-nine behind and go to look for the single one that was lost? Now, to most human being, that will not make sense. They will ask, 'Supposing something bad happen to the ninety-nine before I come back?' Let me just leave that one sheep to get lost like that’. But God is interested in every single sheep like the other.

If your boss at the office forgave your coming late to office, then you forgive the bus conductor that abused you in the bus. Forgiveness is forgiveness; it has nothing to do with weight or gravity of offence. If your friend could forgive you the lies you told him, then you should forgive your wife of her adultery.

It is like that. If anyone can forgive you any offence, no matter how little you perceived the offence to be, then you must forgive your offender of any offence that is committed against you, no matter, how big you perceived the offence to be, including adultery.

This is similar to how masses frown when court sentenced citizens that stole a supposed minor items into prison. You often hear statements like ‘why should they sentence someone to prison for stealing ten thousand naira when there are many government officials stealing billions? But rather than viewing the two stealings as being punishable offences, they are try to ascribe punishability of offence to the weight of what was stolen.

Jesus is coming. Stay ready in absolute repentance, watchfulness and holiness.

jesuscoming@yahoo.com
JESUScoming1..com

God loves you absolutely keep up the good work I will be praying for you

I would love to recommend this youtube videos to you.

1: Randy Kay ministries ( Youtube)
2: Sid Roth it is supernatural ( youtube)
3: Deep Believer (youtube)
4: Notsofastbaby (YouTube)
5 700 club (youtube)
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by annyplenty(m): 9:03pm On May 03, 2023
Tboy222:

God loves you absolutely keep up the good work I will be praying for you

I would love to recommend this youtube videos to you.

1: Randy Kay ministries ( Youtube)
2: Sid Roth it is supernatural ( youtube)
3: Deep Believer (youtube)
4: Notsofastbaby (YouTube)
5 700 club (youtube)

Thank you for the prayers. I know Sid Roth and 700 club. I once subscribed to Sid Roth, if I remember well. May be, I need to visit them again and also see the others.

God bless you.
Re: The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness by Tboy222: 9:10pm On May 03, 2023
annyplenty:

Thank you for the prayers. I know Sid Roth and 700 club. I once subscribed to Sid Roth, if I remember well. May be, I need to visit them again and also see the others.

God bless you.

You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

There Will Be No Division/denomination If CHRIST Is Our Foundation. / Christianity / Kanye Vs 50 Cent: The Art Of Patience!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.