Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? (1189 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Dubai Yahoo Boy Who Wants To Marry A Prostitute Meets TB Joshua (Video) / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by DavidOvie007(m): 11:07am On Nov 07, 2021
A young Pastor friend of mine who is single is in love with a Single Mother and he is confuse if it is right for him to marry her or not simply because he's a Pastor, he's also not sure if his Church will accept it.

What's your take on this.
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Nov 07, 2021
DavidOvie007:
A young Pastor friend of mine who is single is in love with a Single Mother and he is confuse if it is right for him to marry her or not simply because he's a Pastor, he's also not sure if his Church will accept it.

The question your friend needs to ask himself is whether it is Jesus Christ that He trusts in or his Pastors and their church businesses, doctrines and rules. undecided

Jesus Christ no send anyone go dey attend church and he certainly no send anyone go do Pastor. As for marriage, the decision to marry whomever one chooses, Jesus Christ left up to individuals along with His teachings and commandments in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 32 and Matthew 19 vs 1 - 15 undecided
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2021
DavidOvie007:

Out of millions of single ladies , he got enchanted by a single mom shocked. I duff cap for those that can settle for less. If you are single mom don't come to my comment or I will finish your life. angry When their are bountiful of different vegetables and soup to check out(okro, afagn, oha, nsala, edikankor, ewedu, gbegiri,)plenty to name all single. A good church won't wed a single mom untill they poke nose to find out about her previous relationship. They would even recommend pastor chidi a young virgin chorister. wink

Are single dad's invisible to hook up with?
Let them stop using enchanting spook on single men. Single ladies need single men too.thats why they run to married men.

Righteousness2:
Are single Moms not human beings?

As long as she has not been Legally Married to someone else . Except in case where the person is late. He is free to Marry her.

Most Important, He Should Ensure he seeks for GOD'S Direction so as to avoid Super stories.

1 Like

Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Davash222(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2021
Pastor wey no like better thing, that one na pastor?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2021
If adultery was the reason the single mother left her husband, then your pastor friend can marry her. If it wasn't adultery your pastor friend should not marry her, because Bible says "except it be for adultery". Some over righteous church do not even accept that condition, they believe that even if adultery happens, you should forgive, if you refuse to forgive, stay single.

1 Like

Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by yanabasee2: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2021
DavidOvie007:

As a pastor, I expected him to have consulted his Bible very well.... He should know what the scripture says...

1 Like

Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Righteousness2(m): 11:26am On Nov 07, 2021
Are single Moms not human beings?

As long as she has not been Legally Married to someone else .

Getting Married to a Partner who has been Married is Adultery. Except in the case where she is not the first Spouse of the Said Partner or the Said Partner is late.

Most Important, He Should Ensure he seeks for GOD'S Direction so as to avoid Super stories.
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by GOFRONT(m): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2021
A pastor wan marry Fairly used....... A single mother is a second hand material.

There are so many untapped virgins, hymen intact, soft, young and fresh Kittykats ......And the young pastor is here trying to settle for a pussy that has already dropped one,an evening Newspaper with a pussy as wide as Lekki expressway and Lagos - Ibadan - Sagamu expressway joined together.

Tufiah!!!!

Abeg make I go back inside church to listen to wetin my pastor dey preach.
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 07, 2021
Why not?

Depending on the circumstances sorrounding her single motherhood, he may or may not though. What I'm saying in essence is , some single mothers can be still be unrepentant especially if it was a case of promiscuity that they had a child.

If it was a case of abandonement, then let him go ahead and marry her.
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Ayo081(m): 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
lol.

What happened to her husband?

Why is she single? undecided
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Bankyshinani(m): 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
DavidOvie007:

Is he not a pastor?...why can't he answer the question by himself
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by maureensylvia(f): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
What's wrong with that?
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by maureensylvia(f): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bankyshinani:

Is he not a pastor?...why can't he answer the question by himself

No one knows all
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
maureensylvia:
No one knows all
No one can know all less than 100 commandments of the New Covenant Law given to us by Jesus Christ? undecided

But the Jews knew all 613 laws of the Old Covenant Law of Moses? undecided
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by maureensylvia(f): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No one can know all less than 100 commandments of the New Covenant Law given to us by Jesus Christ? undecided

But the Jews knew all 613 laws of the Old Covenant Law of Moses? undecided

Kobo, we weren't there
Don't you feel it was exaggerated?
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by jmoore(m): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
According to Leviticus, Pastors should marry virgins.

Leviticus 21:13-14

13. The anointed priest must marry a virgin.
14 He must never marry a widow, a divorced woman, a woman who has lost her virginity, or a prostitute. He may only marry a virgin from his own people.
Re: Can A Pastor Marry A Single Mother? by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
maureensylvia:
Kobo, we weren't there
Don't you feel it was exaggerated?
Huh? undecided

So you have never actually taken your time to read the Bible at all then? undecided

The Old Covenant Law of Moses is documented in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Number and Deuteronomy- all 613 laws are contained in those documents for anyone truly interested in knowing of the agreement God made with those with the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - Law in the Kingdom of Canaan. undecided

The New Covenant Law, Jesus Christ, is clearly documented in the Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - approximately 100 laws/commandments that apply in the Kingdom of God - contained in those documents for anyone truly interested in knowing the Truth of God as far as the Kingdom of God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

My Spiritual Father Raped Me Twice In His Lekki Home / It's A Goddamned Cracker! Or Is It The Body Of Christ? / Christianity And Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.