Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,415 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

My Funny Experience At The Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Funny Experience At The Church Today (1202 Views)

Lady Shares Unforgetable Experience At A Church In Canada (video) / My Funny Experience With a cooperate beggar and Life lessons. / Why Were You Late To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Nilx: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2022
So this morning I decided to go to church and see what would happen next.

Dressed up very early and head up to church but on my way to church I can’t but help my spirit with some kakaraka.

Got to church, it was a winners chapel. And few minute after their sermon the preacher requested those that are interested in giving their lives to Jesus to raise up their hand and he says few prayer and he subsequently requested us to come out which I willingly did. He prayed for us and the church official directed us to one small room where further ministration continues and they try to walk us through Christ with their numerous sermon and every other things.

At the end of the day the last preacher assure us that we are going to speak in tongue and they won’t be the one to teach us. From the onset I knew these set of people are...:... let me keep my thought to myself. The speaking in tongues commence with few prayer from the women in English and thereafter there was so many gibberish by so many of their members.

They held the hand of the new members and some move their mouth close the ‘new convert’ hear. I couldn’t here what they were saying until one Aunty came to me and say just whatever that comes to your mouth/mind.

Me, I can’t be saying what I don’t understand oo. I just kept on praying in English language. She finally stopped when she saw that some of us are not speaking in ‘tongue’.

I sighed for relief, then she started all over again I’m going to give you one more chance to try and speak... ah which kind wahala be this one?

When I discovered that I’m the only one
Holding others back, I decided to speak with the power of k in me, I went. Pka ta pak ta, shuvu le, poko twa, Kolu, ripoto segme me me me..... etc, I just pray I didn’t curse myself in foreign language.

Anyways, I’m back home and I’m about to do this.

No; there was no welcome package.

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by saintjimos(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2022
Cruise street

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 23, 2022
they are using ur brain as they always do

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2022
One area to distinguish the difference between today's church and that of the day of Pentecost is in the area of speaking in tongues.

Then it was about a 100% the utterance of the Spirit of God.

Today it's about a 100% the utterance of the flesh.

That's why the church is about a 100% percent dead, because the flesh profits nothing. It's the Spirit that quickens.

May God help us get back to the days when tongues spoken in the church was about a 100% the utterance of the Spirit of God. In Jesus name! Amen.

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Legendrysailor(m): 10:27am On Jan 23, 2022
Hell no !!!!!!

This story does not add up to me.

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by everglaze01: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2022
Don't mind dem, speaking in tongue that no one understands....rubbish.
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Sekoni003(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2022
Nilx:

No; there was no welcome package.

You already got your :welcome package", tongues grin
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Nilx: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2022
BigKhalifa:
Scamstainity

You say what?
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by alphaNomega: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2022
Fucking charlatans!
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Blue86(m): 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2022

If what you narrated is true.

Draw close to Jesus.
Fellowship with Him.
And through that He will get you filled.
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Blue86(m): 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hmmmn.

Draw close to Jesus.
Fellowship with Him.
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by jmoore(m): 12:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
Any tongue that can't be interpreted by another person is FAKE.

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Richy4(m): 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
Blue86:

Draw close to Jesus.
Fellowship with Him.

I attended winners chapel when I was in Uni long time ago, but I can tell you that that guy was lying...
What they usually do is to usher the New converts into a small room, collect their contacts and start bombarding them with calls/ follow ups and prayers..that's all...

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by jmoore(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:

I attended winners chapel when I was in Uni long time ago, but I can tell you that that guy was lying...
What they usually do is to usher the New converts into a small room, collect their contacts and start bombarding them with calls/ follow ups and prayers..that's all...
How do you know he lied?
His experience and yours are different. Did you follow him to the room together?

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Richy4(m): 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
jmoore:

How do you know he lied?
His experience and yours are different. Did you follow him to the room together?

Winners chapel got the same doctrine everywhere that was how I get to know..

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Whois(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Normally winners give welcome package, I guess your case is different grin

Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Dollarseeker: 4:44pm On Jan 23, 2022
Legendrysailor:
Hell no !!!!!!

This story does not add up to me.
the story might be true....it happened to a friend of mine some years back during our NYSC. They selected the new members and took them to a room. Then they started teaching them how to speak in tongues exactly as described by the OP.

Speaking in tongues is a gift of the Holy spirit... not everyone can speak speak in tongues... you don't force people to speak in tongues...

That's what these Protestant churches have not yet understood.
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by dopedan(m): 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
This is the reason i go to Catholic Church no fake life anywhere nobody speaks in tongues and I realized most Catholics are lowkey millionares i cant count the number of benz Gls i have been seeing in church last Sunday i say a tesla packing in my front and one small woman came out we no dey too cap
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Nilx: 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:

If you want the firsthand experience, I will tell you the address of the church and don’t worry if you are broke I will send you tf if it’s not more than 3k. Will go to the church together and with that I think I would be able to convince you that there no pint in chasing clout on nairaland
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Richy4(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nilx:

If you want the firsthand experience, I will tell you the address of the church and don’t worry if you are broke I will send you tf if it’s not more than 3k. Will go to the church together and with that I think I would be able to convince you that there no pint in chasing clout on nairaland

Broke? grin grin
I got nothing to say to you.. have a good day.
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by alexisok10: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2022

Lalasticlala
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Nilx: 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:

Broke? grin grin
I got nothing to say to you.. have a good day.

Thank God you not, now let’s get to the business
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by Blue86(m): 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
Richy4:

Thanks for the feed back.
I know people can lie.
Re: My Funny Experience At The Church Today by alexisok10: 8:28am On Jan 28

Is Allah The Man Of Lawlessness That Paul Spoke About ? / Something Strange / God: Does He Really Care?