Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,949 members, 7,845,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? (1394 Views)

Timetable For Sex. Boring Or Romantic. {my Experience} / 8 Places Materialistic Ladies Choose For Valentine That Scare Many Guys Away / Most Stupid Or Romantic Thing You've Done For Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by jkpretty(f): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2007
Ok, i've often been into relationships and had/have admirers who relishes doting on me. Infact i've gotten so used to guys giving me gifts as u may name. It has often occured so much in my life that it became a regular thing and then i got tired.
At that very point in my life i met and fell in love with this guy, i just had this soft spot for him, there isnt any thing really that striking on him as ladis may want physically but i fell for his heart and said "he's got the best heart in the world" but u know as time went on, we were so glad to be happy in luv that i didn't realize i was missing somethings until about two months ago, (our realtionship is running into two years). I have been doing lots for him witout looking out for things i'lld get back to the extent that i realize, its getting kind of unusual, i buy him gifts birthdays or no birthdays, xmas or no xmas, valentine's day or no,  one thing or the other almost evertime i visit., but i realize i he only gives me money ok when he feels i need it and i'm grateful. but he has never for one day given me a card, a card for crying out loud, not to talk of a gift, even on my birthday he just took me out & said the gift would be later just like he postponed that of Val's day that i waved off.

U knowi read it every day in magazines, in books that if u really love someone, u see things around that u can buy, hoping to make the other person happy. is that not it? i see things everyday that i can buy for him but he is making me keep my hands in my pocket. what do u think, i want this guy to show some love, DO YOU FEEL ME?
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by shockreaction(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2007
No, I don't feel you. In any case, talk to him about it.
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by jkpretty(f): 5:32pm On Jul 25, 2007
@OBOATIOKO

u just wrote the way u think, u are very dull
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by Addygurl(f): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2007
Yeah some guys are like that l once experience it too but later l keep my hand for my pocket like shockreaction said. Athough its always good to talk communication l mean talk to him and see his reaction that will tell yuo wat to do next.
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by Hazeleyed(f): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2007
oboatioko:

to be honest - u know you only want his p enis - sweet sweet p enis - as long as he gives you that, he thinks you don't deserve more or better, he thinks you are oliver twist, don't you get it? can you buy his sweet oko in the market, so, u are paying for his oko slidding in and out of your obo as you cry to sweet heavens - therefore, get him more and more gifts or else, you will loose one thing you like, the oko.

u know i just confirmed how stupid u are, now i know that common sense is not so common, see how u came here to disgrace urself with this rubbish u posted, EWU IGALA

@poster u are not being materialistic.my ex was like that.just kept taking from me till i thot i was going to pass out if he doesn't stop and when he wanted to give he gave very unreasonable gifts which i were even ashamed of admitting to myself that he gave me that, anyway i think u should tell him how u feel, love should be reciprocal not a one way traffic,

@oboatiowhatever am sooooooooo disappointed.
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by RuuDie(m): 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2007
dependent on the "frequencity" of the spending! grin
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by Lexyhearts(f): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2007
ROMANTIC ,why ?

because in love u get many things not only gifts.if he loves u and gv u his hearts what else do u need .chill out ,my friend.don expect to be spoiled w gifts w your boyfriends.someone can give u lots and lots of gifts bt just to pretend as if he loves u.so my friend u need strong and true love in a relationship.gifts r your WANTS not NEEDS.so ey r not very important.if u get your needs  ( ie ,true love) no problem.chill out my friend cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by Lexyhearts(f): 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2007
okay cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by BlkRaven(f): 12:44am On Jul 26, 2007
He may be showing you love in other ways but you are too busy expecting gifts to appreciate the little things he does for you. If he gives you money when you need it, then he sounds like a guy who is practical, not stingy.

Why not just tell him how you feel? He may not realise that it hurts you. Not all men are into giving cards and presents.
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by OmoEko1(f): 2:51am On Jul 26, 2007
@topic
You boyfriend is a freeloader jare grin, this are reason why ladies should date men that can afford to buy them things. I thought relationship should be 50\50 grin grin, but yours seems to be 80\20, the 20% seems to be for the love his showing you. Anyway sit down there why he dries up your bank!!!mumu, shiooooooo.
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by Mandora(f): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2007
I've always felt, if you liked a person whether its a sexual relationship or not, u r bound 2 see things dat u wish u cld give d person. These things may b material or otherwise. But d one cardinal rule about love is d need 2 give dat is why Love is the greatest of God's gifts, it gives u d opportunity 2 b (1) Humble because u r automatically forced 2 wait hand n foot on d person (2) U never want 2 do anything dat u consider disappointin 2 d person so u wld b mindin ur Ps' n Qs' in d process u get 2 redeem alot of wrongs. So if ur guy is really not giving may b he has "fallen in love" enough 2 make him freer in his giving. But all these are just my opinions
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by Hazeleyed(f): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2007
oboatioko:

to be honest - u know you only want his p enis - sweet sweet p enis - as long as he gives you that, he thinks you don't deserve more or better, he thinks you are oliver twist, don't you get it? can you buy his sweet oko in the market, so, u are paying for his oko slidding in and out of your obo as you cry to sweet heavens - therefore, get him more and more gifts or else, you will loose one thing you like, the oko.
[/quote)

Lexyhearts link=topic=68385.msg1325838#msg1325838 date=1185388703:

ROMANTIC ,why ?

because in love u get many things not only gifts.if he loves u and gv u his hearts what else do u need .chill out ,my friend.don expect to be spoiled w gifts w your boyfriends.someone can give u lots and lots of gifts bt just to pretend as if he loves u.so my friend u need strong and true love in a relationship.gifts r your WANTS not NEEDS.so ey r not very important.if u get your needs ( ie ,true love) no problem.chill out my friend cheesy cheesy

oboatioko:

@LexyHearts

Thank you so much - that point I already made

To my abusers - rich man dey talk, poor man come say him get idea, whcih idea him for get before? stupid.

@oboatio, pls where is the point 1 that u already made, anuofia, i was seriously trying to convince myself that u have a brain only that it's malfunctional now i know u didn't even originate with one, Aturu, common will u run away from here,
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by efuah(f): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2007
oboatioko:

haba, ur own is something o cheesy

@topic
pls have a talk with him
Re: Is This Being 'materialistic' Or 'romantic' ? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2007
hmmmmm lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Nigerian Websites Concerning Modeling For Both Sexes / Ladıes Whıch Of These 3 Gestures From Your Man Turns You On? / Qualities Of A Good Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.