Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. (4721 Views)

Coronavirus: FG Starts Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households - Farouk / Tinubu: I Never Described Buhari As A Religious Bigot / What I Will Do To El-rufai For Calling Me ‘tribal Bigot’- Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 08, 2021
angry
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by Telekinetic: 9:03am On Nov 08, 2021
ivolt:

Shut up Ipob.
You are so pathetic that you can't construct a sentence without including "terrorists" in it.
Later you will blame government for your life's failure when illiteracy is the real cause.
Neither can the stupid Fulani terrorist construct a sentence without including ‘IPOB’. Go through my posts, I ain’t never blamed the Fulani govt for anything but IPOB is your reason you can’t seem to lay schoolboys anymore grin

1 Like

Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by abednezar: 9:21am On Nov 08, 2021
So u'r happy that he's dead because he didn't employ u? He had right to associate with whoever he wanted, just like u. Congrats Mr Judge.

2 Likes

Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by Adlac(m): 9:30am On Nov 08, 2021
Telekinetic:

[s]So because he refuses to hire terrorists it’s now his fault ni? I won’t be surprised if that building was rigged to collapse by yoruba Muslims/terrorists grin[/s]
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by GeorgeTheCoder: 9:30am On Nov 08, 2021
Nosayer:

In fact, he should go and find out what's happening at the University of Ilorin where Muslims have a majority control. A federal university for that matter. It's insane he posted that. Femi Osibona's religious fanaticism is not what collapsed the building, greed did that.

So why is Farouk bringing this up? To enlarge the divide between Muslims and Christians in the Southwest?

By their names you shall know them. Their bigotry shall not depart them no matter how educated they become. Not to say pentecostal christians are any better anyway.
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by Adlac(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2021
FallenShitHole:
T[s]his farouk is a terrorist and he is proving it every day. And he lives in USA where he is free from limb and throat cutting.[/s]
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by Adlac(m): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2021
AllahIsShit:
[s]This story is complete and utter MURIC inspired nonsense from start to finish.

I am equally convinced that this is a hit piece designed to create division in Yorubaland ahead of the campaigns next year which will herald the 2023 presidential elections.

What is odd is that the same Muslims who are so quick to jump to conclusions based on the "evidence" of one Sikiru whom most of them had never even heard of before the collapsed building incident, were screaming themselves hoarse in defence of Pantami whose record of celebrating the murder of non muslims by terror groups such as ISIS and Al Qaeda is in the public domain and is easily verifiàble.

I'm disappointed, but perhaps not surprised, that someone of Kperogi's calibre would write something like this which reeks of resentment and harbours undertones of envy.

Yoruba Christians are exceedingly accomodating and always try to include Yoruba muslims in the economic and political development agenda of Yorubaland, even to the point of rejecting their fellow Christians from other parts of the country to align with Yoruba muslims, even though Yoruba muslims slavishly devote themselves to the Hausa Fulani Caliphate.

Go and look at Yoruba political history in Nigeria starting from Obafemi Awolowo who made Lateef Jakande his successor, to the most recent example of Frederick Fashehun and Gani Adams, it is always Yoruba Christians who reach out to Yoruba muslims.

When MKO Abiola was betrayed by his fellow Muslims from the North, it was Yoruba Christians like Alani Akinrinade, Abraham Adesanya etc who rallied around him to found NADECO while his fellow Yoruba muslims like Arisekola Alao and Lamidi Adedibu deserted him and allied themselves with Abacha.

It's quite unfortunate that the late owner of the collapsed building is not available to give his side of the story, and for that reason it is very poor form for Kperogi to make such broad submissions on the basis of one man's unsubstantiated account.
[/s]

Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by naijaking1: 10:19am On Nov 08, 2021
What culture and religion celebrates tragic death of others?

2 Likes

Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by seunowa(f): 10:22am On Nov 08, 2021
Geovanni412:
The naked truth is this - discrimination exists everywhere. It is highly unexpected for a Muslim Igbo man from Abia State or Anambra State to win any election in the area. Such a person will likely be treated badly in a lot of social circles in that area. It is trite to state that Northern Christians suffer a great deal of marginalisation from their Muslim brothers. Doesn't it strike a chord that there are very few key positions held by Christians who are Northerners in the country?
If you want to reduce or eliminate discrimination, you have to attack and change the education of a particular group of people.
And in a liberal society, that may not work because the parents and people around will still feed the children with their beliefs of what is right or wrong - this is part of the reason why osu 'caste' system still subsists till date.
The only way to stop people from changing their cultural thinking very quickly is this - the state would have to detain people, torture them and then brainwash them into having certain beliefs. In my view,i don't think a police state of this nature is ideal for society.
The more sustainable option is to create a highly functioning profit- oriented society. There is no person, no matter how racist or tribalistic he is, that will want to do something that is inimical to his economic interest. Donald Sterling, one-time owner of la clippers was racist but he had a black man, Doc Rivers as the team's coach. Also, at least 70 percent of the NBA (us basketball league) players are black men.
Competence will always outstrip discrimination. Nigeria has a system built on kleptocracy and not on competence and that is why we will continue to have high levels of discrimination.
I wholly concord with your submission
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by dealslip(f): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2021
Unfortunately Osibona is not here to confirm if this accusation is true or not. Not that I care about all this religious beliefs. Religion is man made. God is a Spirit and those that worship God must worship in their spirit and in truth
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by godisshit(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2021
SEE AS E PAIN AM!!!

[img]https://images./BjJmwR8SSLjEYm8nyLODn.gif[/img]

[quote author=Adlac post=107428116][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by garbahamzat(m): 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
Kindy contact us for you Building plan, Building construction.

HAMZAT CONSTRUCT CONCEPT

Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by Urbanchampion: 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
This is where Femi Fani Kayode would have been useful.

1 Like

Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by janvier27(m): 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
Urbanchampion:
This is where Femi Fani Kayode would have been useful.

He's on it. He will reply soon.
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by thinksense: 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
Enemies of is island go d suffer and face similar faith as long as they keep on planning evil God will avail. Thank u.

Never judge people base on their faith or tribe. But judge people base on their own act.
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by houseontherock: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
You can't get a job easily in Ilorin if you don't have a muslim name! My Muslim colleagues will only get involved in cases involving muslim students, my neighbor has his muslim brothers and sisters he takes to and from work every day and I learnt he also doesn't help Christians... being rejected by Osibona is not a big deal and I'm sure Muslims were picked from the rubbles
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by gg20: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
In Yoruba land both Christian and Muslims are leaving as one, in my family there's Christian and Muslims
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by Babinski: 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
Abokii8:
Today's Saturday Tribune/Peoples Gazette column uses the story of one Adebowale Sikiru whom Foursquare MD Femi Osibona (who sadly died in the collapsed building) denied a job only because of his Muslim faith to call attention to time-honored casual bigotry and inferiorization of Yoruba Muslims by their own people in their own land.

I'm ready and loaded for bear for the predictable attacks from people who'd rather sweep this uncomfortable truth under the drug and attack the messenger.

Ikoyi Tragedy and Casual Bigotry Against Yoruba Muslims By Farooq A. Kperogi Twitter: @farooqkperogi

Sadly, Yoruba Muslims have no voice and seem to have accepted their fate with listless resignation. Not being a Yoruba myself, i know i will be viciously attacked by the people who lubricate and enjoy the current hegemonic high ground that puts Yoruba Muslims at the lower end of the totem pole, but i am not one to shy away from telling the truth because of fear of attacks, i resist injustice no matter who the victims or the perpetrators are.

The topic for this thread was mischeviously attributed to Kperogi by the OP. There was nowhere in the write up where Kperogi labelled Femi Osibona as an unrepentant religious bigot as there is no justification for such aside personal hatred. That for me, puts the integrity of the OP in serious question.

Secondly, Kperogi clearly knows in justice, you cannot arrive at any fair conclusion no matter your course of reasoning, without hearing from the other party. For him to try to make assumptions without hearing from a dead man and still talk about justice is laughable and distasteful.

Finally I am disappointed that Kperogi would make assumptions on Yoruba Christian and Muslim relationship that he is trying to foist on the public without adequate supporting examples or case studies.

What is the ratio of Yourba Christians to Yoruba Muslims in the political leadership (Governors, Senators and House of Rep members) from the region? Is it very much skewed in the fabour of Yoruba Christians? What of business leadership? How about Civil Service leadership? All do not support the claims by Kperogi. So where is he getting his statistics and data to make divisive assumptions from?
Re: Late Femi Osibonna Was An Unrepentant Religious Bigot- Farouk Kperogi. by Akanbiedu(m): 12:34am On Nov 09, 2021
Geovanni412:
The naked truth is this - discrimination exists everywhere. It is highly unexpected for a Muslim Igbo man from Abia State or Anambra State to win any election in the area. Such a person will likely be treated badly in a lot of social circles in that area. It is trite to state that Northern Christians suffer a great deal of marginalisation from their Muslim brothers. Doesn't it strike a chord that there are very few key positions held by Christians who are Northerners in the country?
If you want to reduce or eliminate discrimination, you have to attack and change the education of a particular group of people.
And in a liberal society, that may not work because the parents and people around will still feed the children with their beliefs of what is right or wrong - this is part of the reason why osu 'caste' system still subsists till date.
The only way to stop people from changing their cultural thinking very quickly is this - the state would have to detain people, torture them and then brainwash them into having certain beliefs. In my view,i don't think a police state of this nature is ideal for society.
The more [b]sustainable option is to create a highly functioning profit- oriented society.[/b] There is no person, no matter how racist or tribalistic he is, that will want to do something that is inimical to his economic interest. Donald Sterling, one-time owner of la clippers was racist but he had a black man, Doc Rivers as the team's coach. Also, at least 70 percent of the NBA (us basketball league) players are black men.
Competence will always outstrip discrimination. Nigeria has a system built on [b]kleptocracy and not on competence and that is why we will continue to have high levels of discrimination[/b].

Wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From / D.Mark Seeks Declaration Of State Of Emergency In Flooded Areas In Lagos / Lawmaker Charged For Allegedly Forging An Election Result Sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.