Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Is Pharmacy School Harder Than Medcine ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Pharmacy School Harder Than Medcine ? (955 Views)

COVID 19 : Ex OAU VC Recommends Herbal Medcine / Covid19: Tradtional Chinese Medcine Doing Wonders / New England Journal Of Medcine: COVID-19 Could Be No Worse Than Flu. Pic&link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pharmacy School Harder Than Medcine ? by nurain150(m): 2:19am On Nov 08, 2021
Having read the recent fracas between the NMA and JOHESU, they opposed PharmD the Doctors here in nairaland back then in 2015 but now PharmD is here to stay.

Recently they opposed PHARMACY consultancy in 2016 or so, now we have Pharmacy consultants.

So back to the questions their justification of Pay Raise sometimes Headship of the hospital as doctors is sometimes based on MBBS is hard blah blah blah.

Lol Back to the Topic.

Is Pharmacy Hard ?

While I have freinds and family in MBBS/BDS up to consultancy level.

I haven't been through MBBS so I can tell which is harder.

But Let me give you a top case of what a average Pharmacy student goes through.

What I notice is Pharmacy toughness is based on as you go higher it becomes simple, while MBBS is exactly opposite.

400-600L MBBS is extremely difficult, depressing and dehumanizing.

While 200-300L Pharmacy is sucidal very though and you can die easily, there is even a sucide poster in my Faculty.

Why should we use suffernes as a yardstick as a Nigerian, I remember those argument my secondary school teachers are more wicked than urs. My mum uses cane yours uses paper to beat, etc.

But a peck at what a day in Life of a Pharmacy student Look like :

On entry to Pharmacy school, you start a course called dispensing it's pass mark is 60 means if you have 59 you have an F. This course is so easy to fail as you would be preparing drug by yourself no side talk while you get observered get Zero, get dehumanized in the Lab. I could remember how I got 67 in this particular course due to inability to make it to the Lab inside an Heavy rain.

You do Steeplechase in Cognosy where you are given medicinal plant like bitter leave ginger and co to identify based on microcopy,
Phaemacuetical appearance, Phytochemistry etc.

You go to Pharm chem Lab, where that's is more chilling.

You have other labs like Anatomy and Pharmacology, Biochemistry and it's likes.

In Pharnacy school u do 5 courses of 60 percent pass mark.

That means we are not looking for you to be average but to show you know the course very well.

You still face theoritical classes of this labs.

With Slides up to 500+ pages and exam without spacing.

My med student and their allied are doing 6 courses, I do 12 courses a semester, no reduced course load.

CGPA issues and threat etc.

Leaat I forgot you do overnight Lab reports writing of 3-4 hours stranious Labs Monday- Friday no spacing, you only have weekends for reading.

It's not easy.

1 Like

Re: Is Pharmacy School Harder Than Medcine ? by doggedfighter(f): 2:26am On Nov 08, 2021
It's time for doctors and pharmacists to

measure their dicks.

I'm interested in knowing the sizes grin
Re: Is Pharmacy School Harder Than Medcine ? by Lordsagna: 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
lalasticlala
Re: Is Pharmacy School Harder Than Medcine ? by nurain150(m): 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Lordsagna:
lalasticlala
seun
Re: Is Pharmacy School Harder Than Medcine ? by danilmo: 1:04am On Dec 15, 2021
I don't think any Medic will be happy carrying his hard earned White ward coat to come and discuss how his profession is measurable to someone who studied how to use plant extract and co to make drug.

The Joke Sha.
Just know medicine is on its own + Conglomeration of all other allied health courses.

Wen u see a year 4 medic, in the prime of the class, go and ask him the tikitiki takataka.. That class is the start of clinical Medicine.

God of Path and Pham grin

(1) (Reply)

Using Nail To Cook Bean Could It Be Healthy Or Unhealthy Let's Us Learn Together / Cameroon Has The 2nd Biggest Average Manhood In The World, See Your Country / Hello Ladies, Here Is Something For You, Married? Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.