Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? (21161 Views)

Borrow Without Shame. Top 10 Loan Apps In Nigeria That Will Never Embarrass You / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / Husband Joins Wife To Sell Akara In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by nan1: 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
Anybody that stays in Abuja Kubwa to be precise by liberty junction can confirm this there is a man that frys akara in the evening time by that junction you need to see the que every night he frys 50 naria each you will stand tire before its your turn to tell you the number of people that buys his akara. My dear just be humbe and know what you are doing. there is dignity in labor

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by divineuk(m): 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
There’s dignity in labor
Do your thing sir
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by therajah: 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?
What's the shame in selling food? If you do it well, that 150k will be something u would 'dash' people easily.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Cousin9999: 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
There's nothing shameful about honest work.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by lokobyforch(m): 4:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
Truth be told, who u Sabi wey use akara business blow...oga sit-down reason, u can go into more profitable things.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Amalekki: 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
Some people and their inferiority complex sef.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by madridsta007(m): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?

There is NO shame in doing what is legal and would pay your bills.
Zero shame.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Bro, there is no shame anywhere except the one you imagine and accept for yourself.

When you put your heart to selling your akamu and akara, you'll be overwhelmed by the patronage you'll be getting.
People like me will always patronise you just because of the effort you ste putting in.

Now imagine the support a female mechanic usually gets, na so people go dey rush you because you are in a supposed women's field and doing very well!

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by SATANlST: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
the fact that you posted this means u are shameless
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Munzy14(m): 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Start the akara and akamu business this month, and watch how much you will make before Easter next year.

Remove shame, and wear the mindset of street hustle..Maybe na from their you go see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Just challenge yourself...You will think it's magic.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mendy101: 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
thanks very much
Please start up your business If you are good in it, tongue will surely wage but give it some few months everybody will fall in line, you will make good money to take care of your bills and expand, goodluck
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2021
Na only thief spoil fine boy, go and start your akara business in peace, add potatoes to it
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by akanbiaa(m): 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Do that or withstand the shame of begging people for money.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Headlaw(m): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
People are becoming dumb by the day. What kind of question is this? And it even made home page
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by deleskizy: 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
It's all about packaging/Branding
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by kendological(m): 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
If possible start that business in a not too familiar environment, to avoid the shame and familiarity debt that comes through that environment, You don't have to go far from home, but a less familiar place will add to your courage.
I admire your courage, go on do it, stay away from parasitic friends and girlfriends, as you cannot afford it now
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by femiephraim(m): 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2021
Forgot about shame,I have seen a graduate from Benin hawking moimoi,well package and he is doing well in the business.pls go ahead and make your sharperly
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Waltzpower: 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2021
There's dignity in labour.

Keep doing what's legitimate to survive. Embrace what's on your mind because nobody dey ready to help most times.

Keep praying too. Your breakthrough is near.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Abdhool(m): 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
My dear brother forget about shame when your surname is yet to be household. You've got a great idea worthy of your purse, just be strategic about it and draw out your plans toward a more formal biz. I wish you blessings beyond your imagination.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mom007(f): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
Why not akara and bread? The akamu should be by the side for those with that preference. Na people go dey rush you. Pray well for Gods direction sha.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by iammolise(m): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
Brov u can get bike with that amount (if u have the mind for it) get one, or if u can find hire purchase Keke start off immediately and in a couple months u'll come thank me. However food business is no longer gender specific, 150k is something, just use it well.

Big ups
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
Your thread just made me Akara-hungry. Off to frying myself some. grin
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by clockwisereport: 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
There is no shame in hustle so long as u no steal from person
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Ten06(m): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Please, you need to come to my area and see men selling food on truck.
What will you be ashame of if your akara and pap is better and sweeter than others?
What people will say has led many people to poverty

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Gadafii: 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very well is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends seems not to be ok with it too..
if ypu have a place u can stay already in lagos, i have a friend that recruit people with ND results for bank jobs, mostly utility staff, the pay is 42k monthly, and you have access to HMO package with up to 3 dependents

however ypou must be good in spoken english and neat

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by daytona007: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
You see, on a normal day I for just reply "Hunger never beat you". But today is no ordinary day.

Bro, the keyword there is "Standard".

Start small, make sure your place is clean. There are lots of big guys craving Akara and Akamu but cannot eat because they feel most of these roadside sellers have poor hygiene (I don't blame them and I don't blame the sellers too). If you play your cards right, small time when you don stable small, you can approach corporate environments and talk to the staffs that you can be delivering to them in well packaged takeaway plates.

People like packaging.

Same reason you see it as shameful is the same reason others too will see it as shameful and that is why there is a vacuum of opportunities there.

Just do something different. Good luck bro! Success!
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by TheGift: 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
Is the business worth the shame?
Why should one be a-shamed of one’s business?

To be busy thinking about what busy-bodies and others think about our business is a shame

One of the greatest freedoms is to be free from the shame of negative views about our actions, especially those based on conscientiously considered conviction…

Just like the story of the mobile toilet guy
Even a business that is associated with shame
Can be the one that brings celebrated acclaim
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by gwinaB(m): 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

There is no shame in any business as long as it meets your immediate needs and prevent you from begging.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

if thieves no dey shame, na u wan shame
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Acidosis(m): 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shame?? Because it is Akara and Akamu instead of KFC Chicken and Coldstone Ice cream abi?

May God deliver us in this country.

Please start your akara and akamu business and make a difference. The only shameful thing is if after going through school, you go ahead to sell akara like the average illiterate with zero regards for hygiene.

In an ideal setting, educated youths in Nigeria should have taken over that business from our mothers and grow it to the well deserved spot but our people would rather go and market KFC's imported recipe and U.S burger with lettuce.

I know your capital is small but small capital should not affect your goal. Draft a business plan, set realistic goals, and define your target market. After about a year, start packaging your akara like KFC's chicken. You would be surprised at the level of sales you would make.

The use of open trays and infested old newspaper (after gathering dust and political analysts' saliva by the road side) is why some people (myself inclusive) will never buy akara by the road side. Being trendy can be your own competitive advantage even if you can't achieve the common low-cost advantage.

Also ensure that you have your own secret recipe. Go out there and buy akara from different spots, talk to people, and come up with your own mix (document your mix). Your product shouldn't be salty today and tasteless tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by kalusha101: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
If you can forget shame and start akara and akamu business with a great package .. because what differenate in a product is packaging,.. anything food is giving money now this of hardship �...try it brother
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Mylordmygod1: 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
@Acidosis, how do i thank you for your comment, thank you so much.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Best Places To Keep Money Apart From Banks? / What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? / Fuel Scarcity Hits Amuwo Odofin; NNPC Filling Station(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.