Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday (6919 Views)

Can Internet Service In A Location Be Disrupted By A Third Party? / Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday / How Important is the Internet to You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by bandely(m): 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
At least Facebook go rest for some people hand!  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by ocee87: 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by 702: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
geez!!! not gonna be healthy, r we goin 2 experience DIE HARD 4.0?
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
ignorance
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by matthew80(m): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
What happens to flights, banks (ATMs, POSs, ) etc
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by scopusng(m): 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
ocee87:

This Already Happened yesterday, As a Forex Trader, I can tell you it was Hell, cheesy

Forex trader? I sidon dey look, Anyway, you can subscribe to my signals.
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by deotelan(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
Only fools would believe or fall for such a lie, not until the world's about ending would the world wide web ever halt or stop even for a second, Pls go abt yr normal business its just a joke nothing like it has eva happened &non like it wil eva do!
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2011
4llerbuntu:

ignorance
+1
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by lumideezle(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
This is just plain Ignorance on the part of punch!!! Testing IPv6 does not in any way affect users of the internet. countuatry to the claim that it IPv6 has not been in existence, countries like China has been using IPv6 since 2010. Pls do no missinform plp just google it. GOogle Answers all
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/bb530961 and even microsoft said 99.99 percent of users would not b affected
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by sleekier(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
It doesnt have to affect ipv4.
Are they saying that the worldwide trading,flight,internet transaction,banking sector,global monitoring e.t.c would cease for 24hrs globally.
It's never happened and will never ever happen! I can bet it!
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by ocee87: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by agequodag: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
not a true talk. Though for any rumour there must be an atom of truth there-in.
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by cxp: 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
if dis wud affect banks, I so fear for the ATM grin
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by matthew80(m): 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2011
cxp:

if dis wud affect banks, I so fear for the ATM grin

Guy, I sing a welcome song 4u. Welcome 2 NL
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by janga(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
It's remains only 2hrs to reach 2morrow,
so letz wait & see what gonna happens
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by joshfash(m): 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2011
The day is knocking, is it gonna happen? No work tomorrow then. Nothing to authorize.
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by whirlweend(m): 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
It is true IPv6 has been in use & in trial but been limited to a few networks.This is a wholesale trial as most major networks are going to be involved.I dont think there wld be a major disruption of internet service as IPv4 capable routers can work with IPv6 capable routers using a tunnelling protocol. No need to fear ppl.
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by ogbongzky(m): 1:00am On Jun 08, 2011
You can know if you will be affected or not by reading: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2011/06/how-to-test-if-your-isp-is-ipv6.html
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by Wislet(f): 6:25am On Jun 08, 2011
My access is still on. Though i think it showed green. But hey! If internet access can be disrupted worldwide at de same time, by a group of people- the end is not far.
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 08, 2011
Internet service fast as neva b4, if this distruptn then may it last longer
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by engrhamid(m): 8:08am On Jun 08, 2011
ogbeche77:

*smile*
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by ikeduru: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2011
I'm still browsing and surfing the net o . Abi day never break, lol !
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 08, 2011
Am yet to experience it lol
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 08, 2011
I was surprised when i read the article in punch newspaper on Monday June 6, which made me to over work myself trying to do the important things i supposed to have done today on Tuesday thinking the internet would halt. Interestingly, i am typing this on the net now and i have been browsing without any lost of signal whatsoever.
Anyone who has the ears of punch should tell them to verify their stories before publishing angry. Anyway, life is sweet browsing the net and sweeter earning money from it  cool
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by Seun(m): 11:31am On Jun 08, 2011
I'm sure no Nigerian ISPs are participating in the IPv6 test. That's why we have not been disrupted.
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by lazinc(m): 11:44am On Jun 08, 2011
Na lie jor!
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by seedord247(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2011
I xpected nairaland should have shutdown now
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by hardbody: 11:51am On Jun 08, 2011
It is Wednesday Today and all that has happened is that my internet speed appear to have improved. Or is it next week Wednesday that you guys are talking about Wonders shall never end. Have u guys forgotten so soon the hype about the internet bug on crossing over to year 2000?

Wait a minute, globally wednesday does not happen same time, so is it Wednesday as recoreded by Australia or Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by missuzoma: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2011
my internet working well. rumour?
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by cmon(m): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
[size=16pt]Nothing is happening from my own end grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday by Boyoorisha: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
Truely moving on to ipv6 but will not interrupt the internet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction / Most Twitter Users In Africa. Nigeria Is First! / Spam Mails Every Day In Yahoo Mail!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.