Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees (9864 Views)

How To HACK Your Way Into People's Hearts...fast! - For All Interviewees / Why Are Most Nigerian Recruiters Always Late? / A Message To Nigerian Recruiters And Hiring Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by GreatrAnalyst: 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
They do like gods.
It's a pattern with larger percentage.

Tell me one thing that's right with Nigeria.
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
Newboss:
The fact that they call it giant of Africa shows how shity Africa is.
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by pixey(m): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
gassbee:
those ones are not serious firms, wat about by the time they call u after 1 or 3 months and u r already gainfully employed.
A serious firm wil get back to you within 2 to 3 weeks
That is the reality now! You barely see them unless a multinational company.
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by Teespice(f): 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
You are saying recruiters do not get back to prospective employees after interviews, do they acknowledge that applications were received in the first place?

Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by Axzobr: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
Rallytrade has a knack for this
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by ivolt: 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2021
dfrost:

Actually they do. Communication is a two-way thing.

How will they feel if the person actually passed the interview and agreed on T&Cs and resumption date and doesn't turn up?

They will feel bad I guess and term the person a fraud or unserious person right?
Well, not resuming is not fraud!
It doesn't matter how they feel, the candidate is free to make their choice.
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by MeghaneMorgane(f): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
No be only Nigerian companies. It happens in Western countries sometimes

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by dfrost: 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
ivolt:

Well, not resuming is not fraud!
It doesn't matter how they feel, the candidate is free to make their choice.

Contract signed already, remember? undecided
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by osazuwa23: 1:55am On Nov 10, 2021
who does job interview anymore if you get sense you it best you start your own business because oyigbo will work you tire embarassed
Bonaventura:
I have noticed a very annoying patterns with Nigerian organisations about interviews and employment. A job will be widely advertised, you will apply for the job, get invited for the interview. After the interview the recruiter maybe because you didn't perform well most often will not get back to you. You will have to wait endlessly.

I have a friend who is in Scotland. He moved from Nigeria in January this year. He told me that all the job interviews he attended, they all got back to him even when they did not give him an offer. They even went ahead to explain his performance at the interview and how he can improve better.

I understand its almost impossible to reach out to everyone that applied for a job, this is even stated by most recruiters during advertisement, my issues is that the few that you invited for interview deserve to know how they fared.

I know one can argue that not being reached means you weren't hired but its emotionally killing having to wait for a long time.
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:32am On Nov 10, 2021
It's decent for companies and hiring managers to revert with feedback after an interview. True.

But on the outside, candidates don't know what goes on internally. The amount of roles and people they interact with to fill jobs. Sometimes, it gets so much that they simply forget to keep track of people they should be giving feedback to, because in all honesty, there are always more people to send regret mails to, than there are people being made an offer to.

Sometimes, too, the recruitment process drags on for a long time, so it's not that the role has actually been closed. But yeah, some organisations will send a mail stating that they are still in the process of making a hiring decision.

Also, too, some recruiters/hiring managers find it heartbreaking sending regret mails to candidates. So they shy away from it. It's easier to share good news, than "bad news" you know.

Another reason is that sometimes hiring managers do a 180 and want to hire someone they had previously said no to. Imagine contacting that person after you've already sent a regret mail.

Finally, please, ALWAYS feel free to call or mail the recruiter for feedback. Beyond the fact that it gives them the opportunity to give you due feedback, it's also a way of registering your enthusiasm to take up the job.
It may be a reason for that hiring manager to favourably plead your case.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:38am On Nov 10, 2021
Teespice:
You are saying recruiters do not get back to prospective employees after interviews, do they acknowledge that applications were received in the first place?

Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

They can't always acknowledge that applications were received. Do you know the number of applications that were received?

Not all organisations use automated processes.

Someone mentioned the ATS. To tell you the truth, most ATS are restrictive, and disadvantageous to candidates, so for certain roles, the ATS is kept aside and the screening is done manually. ATS has no sense of discernment.
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by dangoteinlaw: 5:31am On Nov 10, 2021
In architecture world or universe if a client says he will get back to you that's a coded word for "thanks for your time".
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by Darkmode64: 6:02am On Nov 10, 2021
Earlystar698:
First don't compare a working country to a forced enclave called Nigeria. The only thing that's working in Nigeria is that you can urinate anywhere you want to even if there's " Do not urinate signboard at the particular place. And secondly BMC is fast growing disease in Nigeria and its has no cure at the moment.
Man this comment killed me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by Babsolala: 6:54am On Nov 10, 2021
esere826:

It would be great and polite if they responded, but they owe you nothing unfortunately.

It's like a movie start not greeting you back after you've said hi.
You're expending 1 person effort in saying hi to them, but they'd be expending thousands of persons energy to say hi back to every one that greets them.

Maybe if the firms were more tech savvy, they be able to within 5 minutes send an email to everyone not accepted, but unfortunately with the way they currently operate, it might be some 2 hrs of their time collating and sending out such mails, so not worth their

The excuses you just made for such establishments do not make any sense.

This has nothing to do with being tech-savvy.
Oh, they were quite tech-savvy while sending out the invites but suddenly less tech-savvy about getting back to candidates? How interesting!

Communication is a two-way thing, you know?
The proper thing to do is get back to unsuccessful candidates about the status of their interview.
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by Mozhac(m): 7:45am On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerian recruiters are the most lazy people. They intentionally inflict job seekers in order to take advantage of hunger to pay them less.

Bonaventura:
I have noticed a very annoying patterns with Nigerian organisations about interviews and employment. A job will be widely advertised, you will apply for the job, get invited for the interview. After the interview the recruiter maybe because you didn't perform well most often will not get back to you. You will have to wait endlessly.

I have a friend who is in Scotland. He moved from Nigeria in January this year. He told me that all the job interviews he attended, they all got back to him even when they did not give him an offer. They even went ahead to explain his performance at the interview and how he can improve better.

I understand its almost impossible to reach out to everyone that applied for a job, this is even stated by most recruiters during advertisement, my issues is that the few that you invited for interview deserve to know how they fared.

I know one can argue that not being reached means you weren't hired but its emotionally killing having to wait for a long time.
Re: Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees by Teespice(f): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

They can't always acknowledge that applications were received. Do you know the number of applications that were received?

Not all organisations use automated processes.

Someone mentioned the ATS. To tell you the truth, most ATS are restrictive, and disadvantageous to candidates, so for certain roles, the ATS is kept aside and the screening is done manually. ATS has no sense of discernment.

Thanks for this. All the while, I felt application mails were ignored without any form of acknowledgement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of This Job Should He Go For? / Federal Housing Authority Asokoro, Is Collecting C.v For Those In Abuja / 2013 Latest Job Opportunity ( Abuja Only )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.