Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,383 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) (54749 Views)

Uzodimma To Femi Fani-Kayode: You Can't Benefit From Gulak’s Assassination / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Open Letter To Femi Adesina / Reno Omokri Reacts To Femi Otedola Accepting Lagos State PDP Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by seguno2: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2021
Fulaniherdmens:
Sorry PA Osibona. Take heart to the loss of your son. God will keep your home at peace in this sorrowful moments.
The same God that calls us to return home gave us wisdom to articulate on sensitive cases.
Their are No shortcuts to attain a height.

So why was his son doing shortcuts to build and kill innocent people?
Can you please let us know
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by seguno2: 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
DankemzI:
Sorry Papa but your son killed himself with 44 others with greed, we Nigerians should learn to follow due process and do things right! Only if he knew that using wrong mixture and substandard materials will kill him, he wouldn't have tried it!

Thanks for your honesty.
May God richly reward your honesty.

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by Sambab(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
[b][/b]This not the right time for this. Anyways may God grant the old man the fortitude to bear this difficult moment. It's so painful for a man to loose his adult at his old age.

Telling naija the truth, you will eventually become their enemy.
If this happened in America, do you Know the amount of fine the court would fine femi and his company? Look at the numbers of people he ignorantly killed. I'm sure the owner of that building is a powerful man in Nigeria, hence the reason for this visitation.
What about other common families that lost their beloved daughters and sons...Even, those families suppose to sue state government and the building owner for killing their children, but Nigeria, we always put sentiment and our gullibility into many things.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by Soffyh(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
Whenever I reason the amount used to build 4bedroom flat at Ikorodu, I feel pity for a man that built 21 story in ikoyi and everything collapsed down sad its such a pity the man still die along, oh God such a great lost, alhamdulilahi

3 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
muzeze77:
This is what is wrong with Nigeria , the rich man’s life is more precious than the poor. The greedy developer caused the death of other people, in developed countries, his estate would have been sued so that every penny he left behind would have been used as compensation for the other families

Do that when it happens to someone close to you undecided.
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
seguno2:

So why was his son doing shortcuts to build and kill innocent people?
Can you please let us know
Their are topics we shouldn't deliberate.
Let your concerns mellow away child of God.
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by okhaiii(m): 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
I doubt, do you know this same man is the first African to build and raise a building in UK, he also build in South Africa. This is not is first building in Nigeria, he has already built 3like this particular1 that collapse and mind u if he was not using a quality materials the other this close to this 21 story that collapsed would have also be affected but rather it was still standing. Maybe there is a mix up or mistake somewhere that would have led to that it has nothing to do with greed or substandardmaterials.
DankemzI:
Sorry Papa but your son killed himself with 44 others with greed, we Nigerians should learn to follow due process and do things right! Only if he knew that using wrong mixture and substandard materials will kill him, he wouldn't have tried it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by seguno2: 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
muzeze77:
This is what is wrong with Nigeria , the rich man’s life is more precious than the poor. The greedy developer caused the death of other people, in developed countries, his estate would have been sued so that every penny he left behind would have been used as compensation for the other families

With greater understanding of how these things affect all of us, maybe more of us will work on seeking justice, instead of being religious only

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by seguno2: 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
Soffyh:
Whenever I reason the amount used to build 4bedroom flat at Ikorodu, I feel pity for a man that built 21 story in ikoyi and everything collapsed down sad its such a pity the man still die along, oh God such a great lost, alhamdulilahi

Please what is the pity for dying due to his negligence and criminal shortcuts

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by Soffyh(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
They are still working there ,even they knew all materials they are using is substandard?? Mr man God over everything,I knew too much raining this year add to it,
Sambab:

Telling naija the truth, you will eventually become their enemy.
If this happened in America, do you Know the amount of fine the court would fine femi and his company? Look at the numbers of people he ignorantly killed. I'm sure the owner of that building is a powerful man in Nigeria, hence the reason for this visitation.
What about other common families that lost their beloved daughters and sons...Even, those families suppose to sue state government and the building owner for killing their children, but Nigeria, we always put sentiment and our gullibility into many things.

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by Tareq1105: 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
It's a sad thing at old age.
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by seguno2: 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
okhaiii:
I doubt, do you know this same man is the first African to build and raise a building in UK, he also build in South Africa. This is not is first building in Nigeria, he has already built 3like this particular1 that collapse and mind u if he was not using a quality materials the other this close to this 21 story that collapsed would have also be affected but rather it was still standing. Maybe there is a mix up or mistake somewhere that would have led to that it has nothing to do with greed or substandardmaterials.

The less deceptive courts in South Africa seized his property and destroyed it, rather than allow him kill their people like cows anyhow.
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by zionstaar75: 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
Stop being heartless,if u know about structural mechanics u wount talk like this.its d structural engineers that made a mistake,do u have any evidence that he cut corners?assumption is d lowest kind of knowlege so stop degrading yourself.its myopic to be making assertations on assumptions so stop it.What if he was your brother?
DankemzI:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by janvier27(m): 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2021
I don't think any sane person would have knowingly cut corners in a manner that could lead to the collapse of a building. I guess it's more of regulatory failure. The profile of the man even says he has a degree in business & says nothing about him being an engineer. So far no one is talking about who the structural engineer was. I hope the panel would do a good job & for once, govt will do the right thing with its report.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by seguno2: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2021
zionstaar75:
Stop being heartless,if u know about structural mechanics u wount talk like this.its d structural engineers that made a mistake,do u have any evidence that he cut corners?assumption is d lowest kind of knowlege so stop degrading yourself.its myopic to be making assertations on assumptions so stop it.What if he was your brother?

Even if he was my brother, why should he not pay for his crime?
Is that how the South Africans run their country for Nigerians to flood their like homeless children

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 7:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
adonainana:
See the state of the house somebody father whose son was busy selling 5 million dollars per flat houses

When tiwa savage father too died infact the fridge in the house by looking at the picture you could tell it doesn’t work

Yet these people would be forming rich men and important celeb up and down

Although old people don’t like people to touch thier way of life or renovate thier house for them but this is embarrassing now

His son first Nigerian to build 7 Storey in Uk built expansive homes in SA, New York etc but see where his dad lives

So sad
I think say na only me see am...

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by seguno2: 7:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
janvier27:
I don't think any sane person would have knowingly cut corners in a manner that could lead to the collapse of a building. I guess it's more of regulatory failure. The profile of the man even says he has a degree in business & says nothing about him being an engineer. So far no one is talking about who the structural engineer was. I hope the panel would do a good job & for once, govt will do the right thing with its report.

The structural engineers handed off the building when the criminal was not listening to them.

A letter has shown that Prowess Engineering Limited, the company that began the construction of the building which collapsed in Ikoyi, Lagos on Monday withdrew from the project in February 2020.

The company withdrew its services on grounds that it no longer shared the same vision with its client believed to be Fourscore Heights Limited as addressed in the letter.

Prowess Engineering Limited, which had constructed two other buildings for its client, said it couldn’t guarantee the integrity of the third (collapsed building) from anything above the fourth floor.

https://www.nairaland.com/6830534/prowess-engineering-ikoyi-building-collapse

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by adonainana: 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
wamide042:

So in your silly mind now you think you’re making sense abi.. so he ought to have built a mansion for his father.. shm.

The ceiling looks very ugly, you dont need to build a mansion but make where your dad lives accommodating for human being to live or visit..

How can you have 40 million dollars in your account and your dad ceiling decoration is a 1990 500 naira decor, it doesnt make sense whether or not he wants it changed

Even the sitting chair omo

Each to thier own sha,

You are addressed the way you dress, same with how you live, shey you would think this person son was a millionaire in dollars,

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by janvier27(m): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
seguno2:

The structural engineers handed off the building when the criminal was not listening to them.
You sound so sure of this. I heard a different story of the issues which led to the pulling out from what I think is a credible source & has nothing to do with the integrity of the building. I hope the panel would dig out the truth. If truly he's responsible, I hope there'll be a way to compensate other victims from his estate. But will structural engineers pull out on account of his interference at the point that the work is virtually done? Many questions to be answered.

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by adonainana: 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
jpworld:

This reconfirm the fact he is only a front.

Some top politicians are behind that project.

If he is that super rich, his father's house would have been better than this

Font or not, even yahoo boys with 400 dollars gift card live in better sitting room arrangement

If someone is using you as font to sell 4 million dollar worth of flats each, then trust no excuse for your dad house to look like an semi herbalist house

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by BadEnglish(m): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
adonainana:
See the state of the house somebody father whose son was busy selling 5 million dollars per flat houses

When tiwa savage father too died infact the fridge in the house by looking at the picture you could tell it doesn’t work

Although old people don’t like people to touch thier way of life or renovate thier house for them but this is embarrassing now

His son first Nigerian to build 7 Storey in Uk built expansive homes in SA, New York etc but see where his dad lives

So sad

Even tho you get point, but I can't help but wonder, what is wrong with this house please?

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by ABIKEM: 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
The late billionaire who out of greedyness building such a high rise building leaves ur father's house in it old look and styles but building such an expensive mansion..it's u I greet papa,may ur continuous reign never see such tragedy again, may u leave not to bury ur children anymore sir...pls take heart

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
This case can be liken to the story of the Titanic which claimed the life of the arrogant builder with others.

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by christistruth01: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
DankemzI:

Condolences to the Old Man

Now Gov Abiodun must visit the Family Members of all the Ikoyi building Collapse victims from Ogun State for the sake of Equality

Including the Labourers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by janvier27(m): 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
seguno2:

You are right. I just read through their letter. Who then built or supervised the building from the fourth floor? I think whoever did should also be accountable.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by christistruth01: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
seguno2:

It Gladdens the heart to know that Nigeria still has some Competent Engineers of Integrity

From the Photos of the Wreckage there was no Steel Bar Supports holding up the Structure

The Building Collapse floors stacked up like a Pile of Pancakes with no a Single trace of any underlying Steel Skeleton which is meant to support the entire building

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
Sambab:
This one na babalawo....

This one is colonially brainwashed.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by MarketDispatch: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
adonainana:

The ceiling looks very ugly, you dont need to build a mansion but make where your dad lives accommodating for human being to live or visit..
s,

Maybe, this was one of the reasons the siblings were rushing to get hold of the properties the man left behind the other day ...before the wife gets it.

1 Like

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
adonainana:

So sad

I saw the interior and was like chai!

Parents don suffer, even side chicks Dey enjoy pass dem
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
adonainana:

So sad

Real estate is his business.
Though people are different. When my elder bro went abroad, de first thing was to build a House for my dad n furnish it. Though he has always had it in mind even though my dad was very o.k
Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:
Ina Omo o ni jo wa o! Adieu to everyone wey dat fake building swallow.

Àṣẹ ooo..... Ìbànújé ni kí màjèsín ó t'ojú òbí ẹ̀ r'òrun alákeji embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) by seguno2: 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
janvier27:

You sound so sure of this. I heard a different story of the issues which led to the pulling out from what I think is a credible source & has nothing to do with the integrity of the building. I hope the panel would dig out the truth. If truly he's responsible, I hope there'll be a way to compensate other victims from his estate. But will structural engineers pull out on account of his interference at the point that the work is virtually done? Many questions to be answered.

His arrest was also nothing to do with the integrity of the building?
What do we have to gain by deceiving ourselves, and continuing our perilous existence? For what gain please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Defends Buhari's Tooth-picking Photo By Comparing It To Obama / Herdsmen Killed Chike Akunyili, Dora Akunyili Husband - Gazette / Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates Atiku's Victory With PDP Stalwarts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.