Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,675 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign (34125 Views)

American Girl, 17, Charged With Raping Two Boys Aged 10 And 14 / Justice For Deborah: Help Sign The Petition On Change.org Now (Photo) / Corpse Of Girl Found On The Road In Ibadan. Head, Private Part Removed (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:28am On Nov 09, 2021
femi4:
Are you on free basic?

Chai!

grin

Old man spotted!
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by dingbang(m): 5:30am On Nov 09, 2021
dalass:

We learn good things if they are taught and made to go viral to reach those who actually need them.

I'm sure even our security agents don't know the meaning of that sign such that if someone in distress is making it, they won't decipher its meaning!
that is what this thread is meant for, to educate. Do your part to circulate round social media so that it gets to the eyes of people including security agents in nigeria. Share amongst your contacts on whatsapp status rather than complaining already

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by HZNjnr(m): 5:42am On Nov 09, 2021
Indeed, what God cannot do does not exist...

If God wants to send u help, he uses all manner of things including the unimaginable.

1. How was the girl able to remember such signs in that condition?

2. Why was the motorist able to see her giving those signs even with thousands of other vehicles probably on the same road/route?

3. Why did the captor bring her out in a car in broad daylight leading to the arrest?

If you don't know God, you don't know anything.

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by treatise: 5:58am On Nov 09, 2021
aylive02:
cheesy
I know sure say Nigerian military go understand this sign
Shoot on sight is what they understand.

3 Likes

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by okoroemeka(m): 6:09am On Nov 09, 2021
femi4:
Very soon all kidnappers will understand the sign.....It's no longer classified
the type of kidnappers we have in Nigeria will not give you the chance to make that sign because they are after your head,breasts,heart,etc,and they will cut off all this things before you know you are kidnapped.

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2021
tolugar:
How I wish this will make front page in near future.

Not sex sex and more snake.

Nairaland used to be educative and mature in those old days. Now na sex tape, snake and other loads of ....

2 Likes

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Oizee(f): 6:30am On Nov 09, 2021
Smart kid. Imagine say na me she do am for, honestly it's good to get ourselves educated in all areas of life.

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 09, 2021
dalass:

We learn good things if they are taught and made to go viral to reach those who actually need them.

I'm sure even our security agents don't know the meaning of that sign such that if someone in distress is making it, they won't decipher its meaning!
Nice one..

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by aylive02(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2021
treatise:

grin grin grin
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by hope4nigeria(m): 6:37am On Nov 09, 2021
kingsceemark:
Do the sign in the ZOOGERIA from now till next 100 years, the ZOO security agency no go understand anything
when your abductors go even lock you in car boot and give #100 to the security for passage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by homealone00: 6:41am On Nov 09, 2021
Na only sedi balabala gestures our girls sabi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Midas01: 6:44am On Nov 09, 2021
Men are just a menace to the every society. 61y/o man. So shameless.

2 Likes

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by dazzlingd(m): 6:48am On Nov 09, 2021
Police should conduct their investigation properly.

I don't trust the girl, I dont believe her story .

Reminds me of the movie gone girl
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by dazzlingd(m): 6:49am On Nov 09, 2021
HZNjnr:
Indeed, what God cannot do does not exist...

If God wants to send u help, he uses all manner of things including the unimaginable.

1. How was the girl able to remember such signs in that condition?

2. Why was the motorist able to see her giving those signs even with thousands of other vehicles probably on the same road/route?

3. Why did the captor bring her out in a car in broad daylight leading to the arrest?

If you don't know God, you don't know anything.

Your questions shows there are loopholes in the whole story and proper investigation should be conducted.
I dont trust the whole story
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by armyofone(m): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2021
aylive02:
cheesy
I know sure say Nigerian military go understand this sign

No, they can't. The sign too advanced for Nigerian military or police.

Na ngwogwo eating, burukutu drinking give me money them sabi no be to save life.

2 Likes

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Tomahawk99(m): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2021
Information is power.
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by house10s: 7:04am On Nov 09, 2021
zolajpower:
Meaning
read

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Peacefulgold(m): 7:06am On Nov 09, 2021
Thank God the man understood the sign ..I just learnt it now ...lucky her ..
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Bahamas95(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2021
Security agents here don't know anything apart from collecting bribe....... Useless people.

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Navalsadiq(m): 7:25am On Nov 09, 2021
Make that sign to a nigerian police man he would rush to come and collect 50 naira

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by aylive02(m): 8:07am On Nov 09, 2021
armyofone:

No, they can't. The sign too advanced for Nigerian military or police.

Na ngwogwo eating, burukutu drinking give me money them sabi no be to save life.
grin grin grin grin
Guy you funny oooo

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by observanc1: 8:30am On Nov 09, 2021
UselessBuharist:
Make this sign anywhere in Nigeria, you are on your own.. Police nor go even sabi the meaning
the passerby u are gesturing will gesture u back and say "waka"

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by oshionelecky: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2021
dingbang:
that is what this thread is meant for, to educate. Do your part to circulate round social media so that it gets to the eyes of people including security agents in nigeria. Share amongst your contacts on whatsapp status rather than complaining already

Nice one!!!
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by observanc1: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2021
treatise:

u mean like what the hausa fulani army officer was saying in izombe imo state "anybody u see, kill am!"

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by treatise: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2021
observanc1:
u mean like what the hausa fulani army officer was saying in izombe imo state "anybody u see, kill am!"

Yes o. grin
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by GardenOfGod(m): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2021
I always emphasis that the way and manner our security operatives carry out ther duties, clearly shows how under trained these guys are. And our so called information minister is looking for all possible methods to gag the media, instead of being inovative and using its influence to national benefits. But what if tiktok was banned in that country just like twitter here, would she be rescued now? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Benrosaria(m): 8:51am On Nov 09, 2021
g7conet:
A teenager who went missing in the US has been found after she used hand signals that went viral on TikTok to show she was in danger.

The girl had been reported missing by her parents in North Carolina on Tuesday morning and was spotted inside a car in Kentucky two days later.

The 16-year-old used the gesture designed to help domestic abuse victims ask for help to alert a passing driver.

Authorities say they arrested a 61-year-old man.

A driver called police after noticing "a female passenger in the vehicle making hand gestures that are known on the social media platform TikTok to represent violence at home - I need help - domestic violence," the Laurel County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The hand gesture is a one-handed sign someone can use when in distress, according to the Canadian Women's Foundation.

The victim holds up their hand with their palm facing out, then tucks their thumb into their hand before closing their fingers on top of the thumb.

The campaign called the "signal for help", spread across social media in 2020 during the initial pandemic lockdowns, in an attempt to address a rise in domestic violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFLZEQFIm7k&t=17s

The idea was a way for domestic abuse victims to seek help using a non-verbal cue.

Videos demonstrating the signs also gained momentum in the UK in the aftermath of the murder of Sarah Everard, which sparked a debate over women's safety.

source

All these news shouldn’t be for black race. Kidnappers no dey allow you see road to where the Bush dey, Na come to do FaceTime victims go fit do, kidnappers in Africa kills victims before collecting ransom

1 Like

Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2021
Awesome
Re: Missing American Girl Found After Using Viral Call For Help Sign by KingDash: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2021
g7conet:
A teenager who went missing in the US has been found after she used hand signals that went viral on TikTok to show she was in danger.

The girl had been reported missing by her parents in North Carolina on Tuesday morning and was spotted inside a car in Kentucky two days later.

The 16-year-old used the gesture designed to help domestic abuse victims ask for help to alert a passing driver.

Authorities say they arrested a 61-year-old man.

A driver called police after noticing "a female passenger in the vehicle making hand gestures that are known on the social media platform TikTok to represent violence at home - I need help - domestic violence," the Laurel County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The hand gesture is a one-handed sign someone can use when in distress, according to the Canadian Women's Foundation.

The victim holds up their hand with their palm facing out, then tucks their thumb into their hand before closing their fingers on top of the thumb.

The campaign called the "signal for help", spread across social media in 2020 during the initial pandemic lockdowns, in an attempt to address a rise in domestic violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFLZEQFIm7k&t=17s

The idea was a way for domestic abuse victims to seek help using a non-verbal cue.

Videos demonstrating the signs also gained momentum in the UK in the aftermath of the murder of Sarah Everard, which sparked a debate over women's safety.

source
this story fake as fuccck... why would a kidnapper give you a phone.. tik tok and lies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians / Cattle Herders Gang-Rape 8-Months Pregnant Woman In Abuja / Timothy Adegoke: ‘I Know Nothing About OAU Student's Death - Rahmon Adedoyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.