Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (624708 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mishaelonye:
Please house I have a mecury inverter It's showing the fault code just this morning. I checked the manual it says "output shorted" could be the fault. It charges the battery but will not give out power if there is no light.

How long have you been using the inverter? Have you made any recent changes to the wiring/ configuration?
If your inverter was previously working OK and no changes have been made to the wiring/ configuration I would suggest trying the following:

1. Switch off the Inverter
2. Remove the Inverter’s plug from the power outlet
3. Turn off all Load ( Lights , TV etc)
4. Turn on the Inverter (without any load)
5. If step 4 does not generate any errors, then turn on your lights, TV etc. one by one
6. If still no errors plug the Inverter back into the power outlet
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Mishaelonye(m): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
spinola:

How long have you been using the inverter? Have you made any recent changes to the wiring/ configuration?
If your inverter was previously working OK and no changes have been made to the wiring/ configuration I would suggest trying the following:

1. Switch off the Inverter
2. Remove the Inverter’s plug from the power outlet
3. Turn off all Load ( Lights , TV etc)
4. Turn on the Inverter (without any load)
5. If step 4 does not generate any errors, then turn on your lights, TV etc. one by one
6. If still no errors plug the Inverter back into the power outlet

It's barely 2 months no one has touched the wires let me try what you have said.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Mishaelonye(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nothing changed.. I checked the manual and it says the error is output shorted.. please what does it mean and how do I fix it..
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mishaelonye:
Nothing changed.. I checked the manual and it says the error is output shorted.. please what does it mean and how do I fix it..

The error message means that the Inverter is delivering less than the rated load current. I would advice that you contact the person who installed the Inverter for you, if they can not help you resolve the problem, then you can contact the Mercury Service Center, they will help you fix the problem or they will replace your Inverter (if the Inverter is the issue) no questions asked. All Mercury Inverters come with one year warranty.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mishaelonye:

If you are in abj i can give you the service centre contact no. I plan on taking mine there soon. I had small problems with display but functions well. It only malfunctioned once some days after i used gen.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Mishaelonye(m): 8:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
spinola:

The error message means that the Inverter is delivering less than the rated load current. I would advice that you contact the person who installed the Inverter for you, if they can not help you resolve the problem, then you can contact the Mercury Service Center, they will help you fix the problem or they will replace your Inverter (if the Inverter is the issue) no questions asked. All Mercury Inverters come with one year warranty.
Thanks a lot for your time. I will get back to them..its not up to 3months
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 1:09am On Aug 23, 2015
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

MERCURY tubular/flooded deep cycle batteries 12v 220a "comes with electrolyte level indicator covers and 1 yr & half warranty".......... @58k

Latest model 10kva servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @60k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@95k

MUST POWER 2kw 12v, 2kw 24, 3kw 24v,3kw 48v , 6kw 24v,6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

JOY and YASHI solar panels (mono crystalline & poly crystalline) .........@ discounted prices for any watt/volt

Outback FM 80 MPPT CC.... (A month used with carton and accessories) .......@ 145k

Telecomm used intelligent battery chargers 24v 60a, 48v 30a.

Bluegate pure sinewave inverters (1kva 12v, 2kva 24v, 3.5kva 24v, 5.5kva 24v) .... In Stock

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by izuagbe(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
We buy dead batteries of all kind @ best prices.Eg inverter batteries,solar power batteries,,telecom batteries,trailer and truck batteries, even ur car batteries,heavy duty generator batteries. Call 08082118380,08030978357
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
It is important to note that some retailers are still selling old models of Mercury 1.2 and 2.4 Inverters. I would advise that you only buy the new models, because they offer superior build quality, performance and are covered by One Year Warranty

New Model looks like this:

konga.com/mercury-2-4kva-inverter-1695372

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 3:34am On Aug 24, 2015
spinola:
It is important to note that some retailers are still selling old models of Mercury 1.2 and 2.4 Inverters. I would advise that you only buy the new models, because they offer superior build quality, performance and are covered by One Year Warranty

New Model looks like this:

konga.com/mercury-2-4kva-inverter-1695372

The funny thing is that the price is almost the same even on Jumia and konga
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by fikfik: 3:55am On Aug 24, 2015
Anyone know the specs for the mercury tall tubular 220amh batteries? I need to know equailization voltage, float voltage and boost voltage? thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 7:05am On Aug 24, 2015
adanny01:

The funny thing is that the price is almost the same even on Jumia and konga

The big price gap seems to only occur between the old and the new models, the old Mercury 2.4 for example can be had for N19,990. A friend of mine recently bought one of these old Mercury 2.4 Inverters, he had issues with it, so he returned it and got his money back. He was lucky that he got it online, because if he had acquired it on the High Street, well! he would have been on his own. This is the advantage of buying on Jumia and konga, most merchants offer a return policy, when the item is delivered you can open the box test it and if you are not 100% happy within a certain period of time you can pack it back in the box and return it. My friend used his refund to buy the new model Mercury 2.4 and he is very happy with it.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2015
There is a big difference in quality between the old and the new Mercury Inverters, just like there is a big difference between Windows 8 and Windows 10.

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kode12: 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
adanny01:
I am experiencing serious problems with the inverter. The inverter is deriorating everyday of use.

On my display review i mentioned 3 of 4 bars of load level flashing when its not supposed to. Other problems have shown up one after the other.
1. 2-3 load level bars flashing
2. 1st bar of the load level is constant now even with no load
3. Battery mode display icon has disappeared even when inverter is on baterry mode
4. A/C mode display icon has disappeared even when the inverter is in A/C mode
5. When inverter is turned on while main supply is available it switches to battery mode and refuse to reenter A/C mode until i turn it off. It also stops charging as it is on battery mode even when there is PHCN/GEN supply.

Hey bro, i saw this inverter on Jumia and wanted to find out some information from you.
1.How do you charge the battery for the inverter? or does the inverter charge itself?
2.Since its modified sine wave would you advice i use it in powering a cctv DVR as thats my main intention
3.Whats your overall assessment of the inverter so far is this particular one a good investment??
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
kode12:

Hey bro, i saw this inverter on Jumia and wanted to find out some information from you.
1.How do you charge the battery for the inverter? or does the inverter charge itself?
2.Since its modified sine wave would you advice i use it in powering a cctv DVR as thats my main intention
3.Whats your overall assessment of the inverter so far is this particular one a good investment??

1. It has an inbuilt charger which charges battery automatically once power is restored.
2. Modified sine wave works but less efficiently only with inductive loads e.g Fan, florescent lights. CCTV DVR i am sure is not an inductive appliance so it will work well. It will be advisable to run the inverter in UPS mode.
3. It is a good investment considering how cheap it was. If i could afford, i would go higher to a pure sine wave which ranges from 30k upwards. 10k makes alot of difference.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kode12: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
adanny01:

1. It has an inbuilt charger which charges battery automatically once power is restored.
2. Modified sine wave works but less efficiently only with inductive loads e.g Fan, florescent lights. CCTV DVR i am sure is not an inductive appliance so it will work well. It will be advisable to run the inverter in UPS mode.
3. It is a good investment considering how cheap it was. If i could afford, i would go higher to a pure sine wave which ranges from 30k upwards. 10k makes alot of difference.
could i get your number please i would like to ask some questions and will 1 100ma battery be enough to power a cctv 4 channel machine for say 3hrs?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
kode12:

could i get your number please i would like to ask some questions and will 1 100ma battery be enough to power a cctv 4 channel machine for say 3hrs?

Aiit

100ah should do well more than 3hrs. Check the power rating but i dont expect its power to be more than 100w.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2015

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

MERCURY tubular/flooded deep cycle batteries 12v 220a "comes with electrolyte level indicator covers and 1 yr & half warranty".......... @58k

Latest model 10kva servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @60k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@95k

MUST POWER 2kw 12v, 2kw 24, 3kw 24v,3kw 48v , 6kw 24v,6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

JOY and YASHI solar panels (mono crystalline & poly crystalline) .........@ discounted prices for any watt/volt

Outback FM 80 MPPT CC.... (A month used with carton and accessories) .......@ 145k

Bluegate pure sinewave inverters (1kva 12v, 2kva 24v, 3.5kva 24v, 5.5kva 24v) .... In Stock

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by codemaster2much: 7:37am On Aug 30, 2015
Need advice pls... An inverter and battery that can carry 1 32ich led TV, 1 standing fan, 1 laptop
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by izuagbe(m): 8:29am On Aug 31, 2015
We buy all kinds of dead batteries used for inverters, solar power, trucks, heavy duty generator and telecom mast. Call 08030978357, 08082118380
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 9:31am On Aug 31, 2015
codemaster2much:
Need advice pls... An inverter and battery that can carry 1 32ich led TV, 1 standing fan, 1 laptop

Any 12V inverter which are usually between 0.8-1.2kva will suit you well. This should be used with one 12V 100ah, 150ah or 200ah.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
For dose dat Lyk quality products, i can give u a 2kva system sukam, two genus 200ah batteries for 180k plus installation batteries comes with foldable rack all for 180k. Call 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com. . I can get u other products also for lesser price
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
For dose dat Lyk quality products, i can give u a 2kva system sukam, two genus 200ah batteries for 180k plus installation batteries comes with foldable rack all for 180k. Call 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com. . I can get u other products also for lesser price
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by codemaster2much: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
I reside on lagos... I need some one to come help me install my inverter... I have a prag 1.2v pure sine and luminous tubular Battery...
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2015
codemaster2much:
I reside on lagos... I need some one to come help me install my inverter... I have a prag 1.2v pure sine and luminous tubular Battery...

Call my available numbers .. See PM ! Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
codemaster2much:

Call us @ monz power solutions 08117398294,
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by DUNKA(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
Good day please does any one have a 10 kva 3 phase stabilizer for sale? Kindly advise model and price. Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
15kva 3 phase servo stab is in stock. Call 08135031951 now for enquiry et purchase ! Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2015

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

Latest model 10kva servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @55k

15kva 3 phase pure copper servo stab.... ..@110k

Outback FM 80 MPPT CC....

SMA sunny island inverters, SMA mini central 11000,hoppecke flooded and deep cycle German batteries etc now in stock.

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by KOLAPO3(m): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hi all ,

just installed the mercury inverter 2.4kv, with 2 genus 200ah battery for a 2 bed room house .

i will keep every one posted on performance

got the inverter from Jumia for 29k

and batteries from simba factory in eric moore 1 yr warranty 52k
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 12:14am On Sep 06, 2015
KOLAPO3:
Hi all ,

just installed the mercury inverter 2.4kv, with 2 genus 200ah battery for a 2 bed room house .

i will keep every one posted on performance

got the inverter from Jumia for 29k

and batteries from simba factory in eric moore 1 yr warranty 52k

Hmmmn! Would give u same mercury 2.4kva modified sinewave for 26k , along side mercury/leoch/malaysian GP 200a sealed lead acid batteries for 50*51k max.. Same day delivery within lagos & 2 days max delivery period outside lagos city... Cheers!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 9:40am On Sep 07, 2015
PROMO! PROMO!

Email for free delivery to your doorstep. Offer valid in Lagos and Ogun state only.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.