Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:40 AM

Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation (377 Views)

APC To PDP: Rescue Yourself First Before Thinking Of Saving Nigeria / Peter Obi Supporters Are Going Through Mental Crises - Basir El-rufai / Okonjo-iweala: My Life Threatened For Saving Nigeria $3.6bn From Ghost Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation by EmekaStanley: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nigeria is in her second generation after her independence. In fact, she is already half past her second generation but she is still like a nation that has just been let go from colonization, mentally.

This is because the leaders immediately after independence did not do all the necessary job of mental reorientation which precedes lasting national development. Well, apparently they couldn't do everything.

No nation can walk straight from bondage into freedom without mental freedom first. As a matter of fact, mental freedom is more important than physical deliverance.

Now, being under a colony doesn't mean those who colonized you are naturally better than you. As a matter of fact, they deliberately mis-educate their colony in order to put them in perpetual servitude. Nobody colonizes you with the right orientation.

It is this lack of reorientation that still plagues the nation till date. Some people still find it normal to invade other people's land and kill them in order to take it over, some people find it easy to divert funds made for national development into private pockets, some people feel promulgating laws more favorable to some particular people is okay.

All these are attributes of a colony where some people feel they are marginalized and want to be free. These attributes are still in the mindset of Nigeria's present crop of leaders who most of them are from times past, and it's creeping into the newbies.

In a colony, the act of service is non existent because the masters of the colony are trying to bend the will of their colony to suit their own way, I mean whatever they do must be favorable to them.

This is why African leaders do not care about what the people feel; they just go on to do what they want. You walk into a government parastatal, that spirit of service is not there, some of them actually feel they are doing you a favor by attending to your need.

The transformation of a nation starts from Mind renewal of the citizenry, else everything is just waste of resources. Making the people understand this is an urgent need for any nation that wants to set the citizens free mentally.

The race to save the future generation starts from here.

Emeka Stanley

Re: Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation by Kloenboi: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2021
cheesy

Have you tried to do a graphical plot of the overall growth rate of Nigeria since it became independent ?

The only thing that is on a steady growth is the human population

Other sectors are nose diving at the speed of light
Re: Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation by 9japride(m): 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
The only hope for Nigeria to change is to start changing the mindset of the younger ones. As for adults and teenagers, they are beyond change. I don't know if NOA still exists?
Re: Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation by EmekaStanley: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
9japride:
The only hope for Nigeria to change is to start changing the mindset of the younger ones. As for adults and teenagers, they are beyond change. I don't know if NOA still exists?
I believe there is till hope for the teenagers. It has to start now.

As for NOA, I almost forgot they existed

1 Like

Re: Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation by Kunlelee: 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
There is still hope for the children, if they can enable them to have a right mindset
Re: Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation by EmekaStanley: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kunlelee:
There is still hope for the children, if they can enable them to have a right mindset
Right.
Re: Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation by 9japride(m): 5:12am On Nov 10, 2021
EmekaStanley:
I believe there is till hope for the teenagers. It has to start now.

As for NOA, I almost forgot they existed
[color=#006600][/color]

Please don't hope on the teenagers, they have all past the stage to change. Their psyche is already messed up due to the harsh environment caused by successive governments. As for NOA, the money spent on that agency should be channelled towards the development of the younger generation. The only way to rebuild the nation is to start with those below teenagers. If you want to know the rut done to teenagers go to secondary schools and universities and see if those guys are ready for change. Same here with nairaland, to them every thing is about catching cruise.
Re: Saving Nigeria's Future Through Mental Re-orientation by ygowon: 6:06am On Nov 10, 2021
Simply split the zoo and the problem is solved

(1) (Reply)

How To Join A Political Party In Nigeria / For Record Purposes, "Nobody Died At The Lekki Toll Gate". / Benue People Drink Beer All Day Yet Insult Me For Not Helping Them – Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.