Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers (35265 Views)

Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS / Northern Elders Beg Buhari, Governors To Stop Harassment Of Fulanis, Cows / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by isaac65: 7:15am On Nov 10, 2021
onlyonechid84:
Nice

Yes you are right but some of these loan companies go overboard with their recovery services. I have been using Branch and Kwikpay Credit for years and I inform them before hand if my salary is late to meet their repayment and most times, they do understand and I repay when my salary is received.

I have recommended these companies to others and I have never heard any complain about them even from a friend that took a loan from one of them and lost his job. They understood when my friend showed evidence of the loss of job and when he got a new job, he was able to make arrangements for the repayment of his outstanding. I am sure most of these loan companies will understand if you have genuine reasons for missing repayments.

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by 6ixT8: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2021
SmartPolician:
What? Nigerians are irresponsible bunches!
Those companies didn't force anyone to come and take loans. Will Akin Alabi pay when a borrower defaults on loan repayment? undecided

they didnt forced anyone indeed like you said.

But i believe they have at some point invade your inbox to entice you with a loan deal; that made you wondered at their audacity and how the got your contact.

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by DoggoneDogg: 7:20am On Nov 10, 2021
Tonytonex:
how? If you win, they won't pay you?

They change one event then bust the ticket.

For example, if you have 6 games all wins, they take one 1X and change it to X2 then bust the ticket.

You will be shocked. I take screenshots now.

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by rigarmortis: 7:30am On Nov 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You're being more stupid than necessary. But I don't blame you ; I blame Nairaland for giving degenerates like you access

You don't blame the pharmacist that sold your father a fake condom that allowed his fetid sperms fertilise your mom via a leaking condom?
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by kay29000(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Akin said , One Sokoloan company sent him message that someone on his contact list collected loan and used his name as guarantor.

And that the sokaloan company been calling and sending him threatening messages. But unknown to Sokoloan, the man they've been calling and insulting s a serving House of reps member..

Lol.
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Ammishaddai: 7:32am On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

You don't blame the pharmacist that sold your father a fake condom that allowed his fetid sperms fertilise your mom via a leaking condom?
[/s] You can continue with your stupidty . After all, this is Nairaland where moròns and degenerates are allowed to type and rant
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Incandescent(m): 7:33am On Nov 10, 2021
Tapout:
Any day I receive any message from any loan company saying someone I know defaulted on his/her loan, I personally will forward the person's house address and every other necessary information to help track him/her. Because i don't understand why someone will take a loan and not repay it. It's understandable if you were unable to meet up with the time frame given, but there are some people that have no plans of repaying at all. To them it's free money, someone's business oh sad

God bless you

I think I'd also do same. It's just pure wickedness to collect loan with the original intent of not paying back.
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by AmazingELixir: 7:44am On Nov 10, 2021
Unibener:
E reach Oga side!! .
Abeg since they wan deliberate on this law, who know any loan app wey fit allow me carry #50k without collateral.
Hunger wan Kee person for Uniben

You want a loan of N50k but no repayment plan....people like you are the problem these loan companies are facing.

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by gurunlocker: 7:53am On Nov 10, 2021
about2wed:

Listen to yourself, will a bank ever call any of your family and friends that are not part of the contract when you are collecting loan?

If the borrower pays his or her money at as when due, it won't get to the extent of sending offending texts to people around him.... Of course, I'm not supporting that, I'm just saying people that borrow should try and pay as at when due. With this, others can borrow and they can also borrow when next they need instead of running down a company.

You get it?

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by rigarmortis: 7:57am On Nov 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You can continue with your stupidty . After all, this is Nairaland where moròns and degenerates are allowed to type and rant

Just the same way you moronically made your comment about the legislator
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Tomahawk99(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2021
JavaScript90:
he just want to kill these SMEs. Nigerians don't like paying back loans. how to do you expect the loan companies to get back their money without collateral. he should instead criminalize taking loans without paying back.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile
So you call and threaten someone over a loan someone else took without their knowledge and you think it's okay?
You're probably one of those miscreants operating as a loan shark.
Cabin, Branch etc don't employ such crude methods yet their loan business is doing better than most. There are several ways to get your money back from defaulters without such a crude method, you have their BVN simply report to CBT and any account linked to that BVN money will be deducted simple.
Banza kawai.
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 10, 2021
Borntodie:
Hiss I thought it was the nairabet guy undecided
ofcus that is the nairabet guy

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Iliveforever(m): 8:22am On Nov 10, 2021
about2wed:

If not that you are mumu, what will you say to the REP and SENATOR representing the constituency ALIKO DANGOTE/ OTEDOLA come from because they borrow as well

Your father na mumu
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Iliveforever(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2021
Mrbenny001:
Who told you I'm one of their customer..you Nigeria youth will continue remaining irrelevant in public opinion because you leave the message and attack the messengers..some of you dump are even saying the Rep member is a victim of loan company stupid act.. reason he's presenting such bill.. this generation need to wise up and know how to fight injustice or you remain slave forever

Your father is dumb
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Iliveforever(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2021
einsteine:

See this Ozwo. Who took loan? Your father?
Your father na ozwo
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by controlaltdeleat: 8:31am On Nov 10, 2021
Hmmm it wasn't funny one aim loan I requested on sunday 6,000 weekly they sent 4,500 and to pay 6,450 they say I should pay on saturday. Offcourse the money was small but money I was expecting came on Friday western union a lady called on Saturday and said I hope I know my loan is due today. I said yes but I will pay on Monday with any charges incured. The lady said if I don't pay today the computer will automatically send messages to to my contacts. The whole world just shifted beneath my feet. Thats how I enter road ooh begin dey find bank that opens on Saturday, is that not madness. Luckily for me here in owerri banks operate on Saturday because of Monday sit at home to makeup. I just rushed in gave them the number they gave me my dollar rush to aboki change money pay them and deleat the app. They still send me message to borrow though.

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Tapout(m): 8:44am On Nov 10, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

Sokoloan staff spotted. God punish all of una Sokoloan and other loan companies that blackmail people just because of a 3k loan to pay back 5.5k in 7 days. Oloshi people

No be only staff, na Rod...
I'll assume all loan companies clearly state the terms and conditions of repayment. Even if it's 3k to repay 1 million, was the loanee forced with a gun to his/her head to collect it?? If you feel repaying 5.5k for a loan of 3k is ridiculous, then go and look for a building construction site and carry blocks or cement. You will paid more than that 3k at the end of the day following a good bargain.

The painful part also is that a good number of defaulters are Financial Pests & leaches like you borrowing 3k and below.

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Hmmm5(m): 8:50am On Nov 10, 2021
Firstly , u need to know that, these lending companies takes informations of addresses and ID of those who took loan from them them to verify their residential addresses before giving out loans, they never at any point in time asked you for guarantors which they would make confirmations from before lending u loans. They always care about making profits. When there are issues of those who took loans from them defaulted , they should rather visit the person at home , make arrest , which will help them to retrieve their funds, instead, they start threatening and spoofing contacts of those who took loans from them, harassing contacts on their phones, who were not informed before giving loans and telling them , the person that took loan used them as guarantors, which is false and with no evidence of such. These embarrassment leads to some people who took loans from them to decides not to pay the money again , no matter their threat or embarrassment, as those they have reached out to insult them would not be there to be apologized to after payment is made. U can't ruin peoples image which u feel is the last resort from , expect me to do what u want after u have ruined my personality, I would rather let it be a lose / lose situation than letting it be a win / lose situation. They should get sense and apply more professionalism.

quote author=Iliveforever post=107474494]If I own a loan company, you’ll have to assent that if you default Payment, I have the right to take your life..

These politicians are useless, you guys make life hard for people and at the same time want to shut them up. These loan companies are like heavens these period to some people and those people will still have the mind to default..
The politrickian should be more concern about not using his betting company to launder public funds...[/quote]

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Hmmm5(m): 8:53am On Nov 10, 2021
Firstly , u need to know that, these lending companies takes informations of addresses and ID of those who took loan from them them to verify their residential addresses before giving out loans, they never at any point in time asked you for guarantors which they would make confirmations from before lending u loans. They always care about making profits. When there are issues of those who took loans from them defaulted , they should rather visit the person at home , make arrest , which will help them to retrieve their funds, instead, they start threatening and spoofing contacts of those who took loans from them, harassing contacts on their phones, who were not informed before giving loans and telling them , the person that took loan used them as guarantors, which is false and with no evidence of such. These embarrassment leads to some people who took loans from them to decides not to pay the money again , no matter their threat or embarrassment, as those they have reached out to insult them would not be there to be apologized to after payment is made. U can't ruin peoples image which u feel is the last resort from , expect me to do what u want after u have ruined my personality, I would rather let it be a lose / lose situation than letting it be a win / lose situation. They should get sense and apply more professionalism.

quote author=harsysky post=107474456]When you begin to wonder how daft our lawmakers are, you will suddenly develop migraine. You can never hear or see them come up with mind-buggling ideas to drive the nation forward; it's always ways to kill someone else's business.

Does he want the so called online loan companies to fold up because to him they are charity organization?

Alabi getat!
[/quote]

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Hmmm5(m): 8:53am On Nov 10, 2021

quote author=Emeskhalifa post=107474449]Before they blame the loan apps they should,

1. blame the OniGbese wey go collect loan without intention or preparation of how to pay back.

2. Are the defaulters daft? Or they can't read? Didn't they see terms and conditions? Yet went ahead to agree to all the terms of the loan platforms?

3. Is like most of us don't understand that most of these loan apps are someone's business. They have bills to pay, staff to pay and all that.

How then are they going to get their money back when there was no any collateral on ground before loan was issued to OniGbese? [/quote]

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Hmmm5(m): 8:54am On Nov 10, 2021

quote author=JavaScript90 post=107474074]he just want to kill these SMEs. Nigerians don't like paying back loans. how to do you expect the loan companies to get back their money without collateral. he should instead criminalize taking loans without paying back.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile[/quote]

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Mrbenny001: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2021
You can never change.. stupid useless goat..Omo ale jatijati
Iliveforever:

Your father is dumb
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by samplanner(m): 8:59am On Nov 10, 2021
First thing is to make it a law that never would a loan company give loan on a duration of less than 30 days. Default happens when duration are short with high interest. Some loan apps gives you just 5 days e.g cashnaija, 9jamoney, with an interest of over 40% of what you collected. This is wickedness. The aim of a loan here is purely extortion.

Those in support of these loan apps have never been in a situation whereby you wanted to pay back the loan you collected but the money you are expecting hasn't arrived. 90% of loan debtors do not plan to default knowing the consequences, but these loan companies do not listen to valid excuses, they are ever ready to tarnish your image even on your due date if you do not pay on time.

Nigerians we need to support each other to stop evil. Just because your life is normal doesn't mean other people's life is too.

The loan apps needs to be regulated and do what is right.

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Iliveforever(m): 9:00am On Nov 10, 2021
Mrbenny001:
You can never change.. stupid useless goat..Omo ale jatijati

Your family members are useless goats
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by seniormallam(m): 9:05am On Nov 10, 2021
Imagine me receiving a msg that I was used as guarantor and that my photos will be uploaded alongside the defaulter if I refused to put pressure on him to repay his loan,

I considered that a threat and assault to my life, how I'm I in any way related to the loan?

Can I guarantee without my consent?

Arrant nonsense

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Mrbenny001: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2021
Your family should be ashamed for having a foolish bastard like you...no you took after your father..
Iliveforever:

Your family members are useless goats
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Mitjyland(m): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2021
Whoever in support of this loan apps is inhumane just like them.

These loan Apps tell all sort of lies against people. They tagged them as fraudsters even with a default of just 1 day.

One of them called me and lied that he is from the EFCC and that if I didn't pressure the person that collected the loan to pay them they will add me join in the crime.

Another one called that he is a barrister, bla bla bla, etc. They always lie to the public and they are always in the hidden.

They are faceless that's why they can do whatever they want. They cannot come out physically because they are unregulated. Nigeria needs to be cleansed from this people.

Government should regulate them, this way they can recover their money legally. Harassment with lies is a purnishable offence by law.

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by texazzpete(m): 9:41am On Nov 10, 2021
Incandescent:
Waiting for you to move the motion against poverty, betting and gambling before fooling around Mr Baba Ijebu jnr.

undecided undecided

Nobody forced anyone to collect money from loan sharks branded as lending companies.

If you are sane enough to collect, you should be saner enough to repay the damn loan.

Learn to read.
This has nothing to do with giving out loans or legitimate ways of recovering bad loans

Harassing people who did not take the loan is wrong and that is the purpose of this legislative intervention…to prevent you and your colleagues from sending these SMS messages from unsuspecting members of the public

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by kenny160: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2021
I support this..if you see what I am facing with GTBANK now you will pity me..I am not the type that borrow money or loan but they comot huge amount of money from my account and send to one SHOAGA JUBRIL OLAWALE. And since then I have been calling and messaging but they are not doing anything...this government is very weaked, it now give anybody power to just go to ur bank in d name of loan and transfer your money. So if you never fall victim please don't abuse the man that move this motion.
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Tundex911: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2021
Thanks mr Alabi...

But why can't you tell them to forget about the money cuz as for me, I no dey payback any money expect if they ask Buhari to help me pay am.

Country HARD jor

Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by Iliveforever(m): 11:19am On Nov 10, 2021
Mrbenny001:
Your family should be ashamed for having a foolish bastard like you...no you took after your father..

Your mother is a misfortune
Re: Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers by einsteine(m): 11:52am On Nov 10, 2021
Iliveforever:

Your father na ozwo

Your various fathers are Ozwos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adeleke Aide, Ex-Senate Spokesperson Clash At Osogbo Eid Praying Ground (Video) / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Senate Paid Abiola Aiyegbayo, Saraki’s Aide’s Wife N150,000/month - Sahara Rep.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87