Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself (11524 Views)

Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. / My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2021
It is quite interesting how many talks, seminars, books, conferences and more has been produced in the subject of failure. Yet, inspite of this, there are still great need to keep discussing about this phenomena. The reality is that as long as humanity exist, there will always be instances when we do not get what we set out to get.

Why there is great attention to this topic is that when some persons have this experience like once or twice tops, they throw in the towel and quit, taking on the tag of failures and consciously or unconsciously accepting it as their lot.

No one is going to deny the distress, disappointment and sometimes anger that comes with not meeting a target or goal. None of us would want to feel comfortable with failing at our endeavours. Thus, anyone who has attempted any real enterprise in life can fully understand what it feels like when failure is mentioned.

Thus, it cannot be discounted that failure does not exist or does not happen. What is however more attention worthy is the emotional response and disposition that we have towards this concept of failure. Do we dread to come short of our expected outcomes? Are we hypnotized by the danger of loosing out on a target or being unable to attend a goal that we never attempt to try?

Of all instances where people have been proclaimed to have failed, first, it is those instances where the said person or persons took no action at all. The second, addresses those who were too afraid they would fail and thus backed out.

This may seem quite absurd and outrageous to some, but it is a fact that on one occasion or more, we have refused to take action on a project or something of that sort on the reason that we do not want to fail.

So many dreams, aspirations and pursuits have been dumped and abandoned in the grave of fear. Numberless amazing talents and potentials being sacrificed on the dark alter where fear of failure serves as the priest.

What other situation could be as sad as this? Is there anyone more pitiable than someone in this kind of sorry state? Giving up even without moving a single muscle. As laughable as it may seem, this individual will propose a reason for this.

There are countless things that have been said about failure but I would want to use this one that says that failure is the path to success. Success is quite expensive and one of the currencies it demands is failure.

It is literally impossible to simply make a push for something worthwhile and achieve it instantaneously without having to push through some setbacks. It is by failing that many have learned how to succeed. Failure has as one of its greatest lessons, the secrets to succeed.

In view of this, avoiding the chances and possibilities of failure by refusing to even begin is the best and adequate definition of failure Itself. This is because in this situation, such a person does not even stand a chance of succeeding at all.

Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/10/14/the-fear-of-failure-could-become-failure-itself/

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by BlackXabbath(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2021
I needed this now, more than ever.

Thanks brother man.

35 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Opeyemiextra(f): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2021
Thought provoking and encouraging. Thank you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Sonnobax15(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2021
lipsrsealed
Very true

6 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Bobotic(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
To that one wey give up undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
This comes to mind.

24 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Elan83(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ok
Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by kiddkash(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
it is what it is.

some people have IT some don't have IT
Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by EjaikreTheViper(f): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
"If nothing is ventured, nothing will be won"
--- Pa Moses Akpokona Ejaikre (1915 - 2003)

The words of my grandpa

8 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by jnuru: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Absolutely correct...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by kennethfranc(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
TL cry cry
Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Grace001: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nigerians need this motivational piece… Frustration too much

6 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Clinghton: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
The fear of failure motivates me, pushes me to success.

7 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by condralbedez: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
You are very correct

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Doctoadisa(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Dozie32(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nigeria as a nation has failed wolfuly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Tunex252(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
thanks bro for this

3 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
A failure to one person might simply be a great learning experience for someone else.
Many of us are afraid of failing, at least some of the time.
But fear of failure (also called "atychiphobia"wink is when we allow that fear to stop us doing the things that can move us forward to achieve our goals.
Extreme fear of failure can affect mental health, relationships, and overall quality of life.
This paralyzing set of thoughts, feelings, and actions can lead to: Avoidance of tasks, projects, opportunities, and even other people (out of perceived negative judgments and a sense of shame or disappointment)

It's almost impossible to go through life without experiencing some kind of failure.
People who do so probably live so cautiously that they go nowhere. Put simply, they're not really living at all.

Michael Jordan is widely considered to be one of the greatest basketball players of all time.
And yet, he was cut from his high school basketball team because his coach didn't think he had enough skill.

Warren Buffet, one of the world's richest and most successful businessmen, was rejected by Harvard University.

Richard Branson, owner of the Virgin empire, is a high-school dropout.

Ways to stop living in fear,
For example, if you've been too afraid to talk to the new department head (who has the power to give you the promotion you want), then make that your first goal. Plan to stop by her office during the next week to introduce yourself.

Or, imagine that you've dreamed of returning to school to get your MBA, but you're convinced that you're not smart enough to be accepted into business school.
Set a goal to talk with a school counselor or admissions officer to see what's required for admission.

Try to make your goals tiny steps on the route to much bigger goals.
Don't focus on the end picture: getting the promotion, or graduating with an MBA.
Just focus on the next step: introducing yourself to the department head, and talking to an admissions officer. That's it!

Taking one small step at a time will help build your confidence, keep you moving forward, and prevent you from getting overwhelmed with visions of your final goal.

We hope this helps someone out there.

We Rise.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by hola106(m): 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
Sharp iPhone X 256 gb available for sale at giveaway price

Chat me
Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
Clinghton:
The fear of failure motivates me, pushes me to success.

You are me
Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by WibusJaga: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2021

The fear of failure motivates me, pushes me to success
Hmmm!
Should rather be hatred for failure. Fear is a torment & produces nothing good.
If you really fear failure, you will more likely find it difficult to make an attempt.

3 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fear of failure is the path of success
Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
Apt.

But then one don't expect a Ole to win the UCL with Manchester United..
Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Meedon: 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
When hopes and desires are gone, fear dies also. When one is free from all attachments the "the dweller in the body' (soul) will remain calm while the body performs it daily duty and will be unstained by sins, as is the lotus leaf by the water of the tank.

Our real work and life is what we think. Make use of your brain for good, don't be afraid of failure. Las Las na die all living things go die.

4 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by DAVIDMOE(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fear is a sin unto God
Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by Seankhalifa: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Any body dat just finishing reading the post won't fail in Jesus name amin... hard work and grace will take us all forward

10 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Failure Could Become Failure Itself by BobbieZion(m): 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Not could become.
The Fear of Failure is Failure itself.

I am speaking from experience...
No be 1,no be 2

The bouncing back is greater,when u realised that u messed up the first time big time.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / T / When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.