Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev (457 Views)

Diary Of An Aspiring Web Developer... / Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / Free Training For Junior And Aspiring Web/android Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2021
Okay . . I have been giving excuses and I have also been going on and off concerning web development i.e full stack development ... But now I have decided to start my journey in a rough rough manner ... Special thanks to Mirthosas and Tensazangetsu20 for the inspiration.

1 Like

Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
So I'll be following the normal route ..
Html ---- CSS --- JavaScript
For html , I'll be using Jon Duckett's book .. I need to refresh my memory concerning html ..
P.S .. I already have basic knowledge of CSS and HTML but I haven't been really serious with my coding journey ...
Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
This is mostly a self teaching journey .. A general purpose tutorial I'd be using is html and CSS tutorial by coding addict.. You can check him out on YouTube... ..
Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
I'll be updating this thread everyday.... If you find me boring , I'm sorry ,I wasn't born to make you happy grin grin don't mind me
Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by BlueBanana: 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nice.

I'm really thinking of picking up my web development journey where I stopped. Like you I'm done with just HTML and CSS but I'll need to refresh my CSS before going into JavaScript. I stopped learning in Dec.

I will kick start my journey next month as I have exams this November

I look forward to connecting with you then.

1 Like

Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by mayorrex(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Can you please carry me along? I want to start my journey into programming too. Would love you to mentor me from the scratch. Thanks and God bless you �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
mayorrex:
Can you please carry me along? I want to start my journey into programming too. Would love you to mentor me from the scratch. Thanks and God bless you �
Sure .. Nothing good comes easy but with hard work and dedication you can make magic.
Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by olioxx(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
BlueBanana:
Nice.

I'm really thinking of picking up my web development journey where I stopped. Like you I'm done with just HTML and CSS but I'll need to refresh my CSS before going into JavaScript. I stopped learning in Dec.

I will kick start my journey next month as I have exams this November

I look forward to connecting with you then.
You are doing well sir.
Documenting the journey is the best way to stay committed.
Wish you Good luck.
Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by BlueBanana: 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
olioxx:

You are doing well sir.
Documenting the journey is the best way to stay committed.
Wish you Good luck.

Thank you sir..
I'll be documenting my journey
I appreciate the value you bring to the community
Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by SimeonOTC(m): 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
Mennhh...self taught programming is not easy..
have been on it since 2017 and still learning..
At times, I loose interest, become inconsistent, loose that drive, moral, motivation, and inspiration, sometimes 2 months (the highest) without learning.. its really not easy. I do it along with graphic design.. One week am on web dev, the next week, am on graphic design.. its really not easy learning and be consistent with each not to talk of balancing both.. but still, I keep on striving, keep on pushing, keep on learning, its difficult, but I don't think I have any choice or option.

When I think of tomorrow, the future, my goals, my passion, what makes me happy, what I know how to do best, Web Dev. and Graphic are the only hope and buddy I have.

This is what, at least, keep me going, even when I have almost completely lose my moral.

One thing I know for sure is that, I will never quit. I have come way too far and sacrifice way too much to quit.

Am done with html, CSS, JavaScript (to level of building awesome project and executing jobs) and currently learning PHP, though as a Front-End Web dev. I will be moving to MySQL once am done with the basic PHP needed to assist my Front-End dev.

O.P, still striving.
My advise, lol, you see that thing called 'Inconsistency' and 'Procrastination'?..lolgrin They are your greatest enemy. They are theft of time. They will fight you, no matter how passionate you are. when you give them your today, they steal away your tomorrow.

Never stop learning even if is spending 30min per day doing little little stuff.
Re: The Rough Rough Diary Of An Aspiring Web Dev by Samywhizzy(m): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2021
same thing with me...... i am finding it diffuct to deal with procastination when it comes to programming...... even when dem say python easy.... i still dey do anyhow

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Learn Go Programming Language / Esusu And Thriftplus / My Journey To Become A Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.