Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole (78020 Views)

Kuda Bank Releases Statement On Accusations Of Reporting Clients To EFCC / Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! / Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Jeffy1206(m): 5:10am On Nov 11, 2021
If this is true, I'll have to japa from the app and go to opay alone or carbon sef undecided
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Harddiskng(m): 5:20am On Nov 11, 2021
abbey621:

Try and read the post again, a young man who makes money by designing, this is more likely a freelancer. On Fiverr and Upwork, it is not farfetched to be able to make 500k or more every month or two.

Smh.

Would you agree with me that designing is a more specialized skill than writing?

Even said that i have people that write and make btw 300-500k every month. If designing is more specialized what’s in 500k that he can’t make in a month?

The problem with nation is “i no get am, so you no supposed get am”. A mix of envy, wickedness, ignorance, the last ingredient I can’t even identify.

4 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by muheeb01(m): 5:32am On Nov 11, 2021
So they don't want ordinary citizens or mekunu making it legitimately to move forward in life....this country tire me
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by abbey621(m): 5:44am On Nov 11, 2021
Harddiskng:

Smh.

Would you agree with me that designing is a more specialized skill than writing?

Even said that i have people that write and make btw 300-500k every month. If designing is more specialized what’s in 500k that he can’t make in a month?

The problem with nation is “i no get am, so you no supposed get am”. A mix of envy, wickedness, ignorance, the last ingredient I can’t even identify.

You're right, bad belle everywhere!

5 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Difrent: 5:54am On Nov 11, 2021
InoGetJoy:

Nigerians actually don't ask for much from their government. Do you know that a lot of businesses that have moved from Nigeria to neighbouring countries won't have moved if there was steady electricity in this country? I remember Fashola saying that electricity generation isn't rocket science, but what's happening right now?
If only the animals in power will provide the basic amenities to make life easier, you'll see how resilient Nigerians. That's the reason why Nigerians do well abroad. Our students score third class in our universities, but go abroad and score first class.
Think am

Oga theres no Nigeria neighbouring country that will give as high return on investment as Nigeria....Nigeria remains one of the best investment destinations globally. As some companies move abroad many others are opening .....the percentage of those leaving is small compared to those opening up.
That our children go on to make first class abroad simply show how quality the education they got while here is.....they had good foundational education here...without good foundational to build on abroad they will probably turn failures or take longer to suceed....thats a kudos most of us dont give these teachers /lecturers toiling hard under unfavourable conditions to produce graduates that will go on to conquer the world....

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by olibeans: 6:17am On Nov 11, 2021
Am uninstalling Kuda & transferring my funds to traditional banks
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by oluwaseyi1759(m): 6:39am On Nov 11, 2021
Hmmm...[color=#000000][/color] cry
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by TheRealOwner(m): 6:47am On Nov 11, 2021
juwoonn:
Na mumu bankers wey no dey mind their business dey cause am sometimes... how much is 800k?
I remember when I got N1M from merrybet around 2018... the money entered in 2 500k in the span of 10 minutes or so. I got to the bank to transfer the funds for a property I was about buying and the small “girl” (I should be 10 years older than the idiot) said where did you get this money from? I told her from a company I did business with... their name is merrybet... check yourself.
And she’s was like your account with us have been receiving nothing bigger than 300k at once but yesterday you got N1M... what did you do that the company is paying you 1M? Na so I vex for her...I asked her if she want to remain on the same level for life... until the manager came out, checked her system and approved my transfer. So, sometimes frustrated or overzealous staffs can flag your account.

It's terrible. Block heads everywhere. If there's suspicious activity on an account, is it on the phone call that the person will be caught ni angry
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by TheRealOwner(m): 6:51am On Nov 11, 2021
angelfallz:
Which bank?

First Bank of Nigeria
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by TheRealOwner(m): 6:53am On Nov 11, 2021
mixta140:

Big lies ... when forex join again... nawa ooo

Google CBN action on Aboki FX and educate yourself. You need it

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Chuksmonika(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2021
InoGetJoy:
This government doesn't f**cking care about us. It's always "more for themselves and less for everybody else".
They don't want a population of citizens capable of living well, which is why they've been blocking every avenue from where the youth can make money without begging for crumbs; think crypto, Instagram. They'll soon come for forex and other social media.

They don't want to provide enabling environment for businesses to grow but they have funds to pay counter-protesters and zombies to fight their online battles on nairaland.

They borrow billions but the effects of those billions aren't felt by the masses.

They steal the billions that they're borrowing because they know there's no redemption for this country.

They buy citizenship in good countries abroad, while some people support them for the crumbs that fall for their tables.

They don't fụcking care about you, whether you're Yoruba, Igbo, Efik, Ibibio or any other tribe. As long as you're not Fulani, you can go to hell.

I sincerely wish the eyes of the people will open and they'll see who their real enemies are.
Sadly, some people still want such a country to exist...sad indeed.
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by GauRanTor(m): 7:27am On Nov 11, 2021
jumper524:
I'm sure there's more to it.
Kuda won't do such a thing knowing fully well that their rivals, palm pay and opay would accept such customers with full hands and little verification.
CBN only allows police/efcc report on account that doesn't receive huge figure regularly but receives 5million instantly..
Moderators shouldn't move such post to Frontpage.

Oga you must be very stupid sir!

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 11, 2021
Difrent:

Oga theres no Nigeria neighbouring country that will give as high return on investment as Nigeria....Nigeria remains one of the best investment destinations globally. As some companies move abroad many others are opening .....the percentage of those leaving is small compared to those opening up.
That our children go on to make first class abroad simply show how quality the education they got while here is.....they had good foundational education here...without good foundational to build on abroad they will probably turn failures or take longer to suceed....thats a kudos most of us dont give these teachers /lecturers toiling hard under unfavourable conditions to produce graduates that will go on to conquer the world....

1) that Nigeria is still best investment destination in west Africa is by virtue of its population .We are criminally misgoverned and stolen from

2) standard of education in Nigeria is out of touch with present realities and actually appalling poor. Yes I give it to teachers out there,but as someone who studied in this nation , I will be the first to remind you that most teachers aren't qualified to be teachers. you can't give what you don't have. Jamb's cut off mark is now below 100- out of an available 400- that should tell you something about our standard of education.

Nigeria is a country populated by strong and enterprising people.We have the manpower to become something great but first, ethnicity in politics must be conquered.
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2021
abbey621:

I've noticed a pattern in this country, whether it is rape, police shooting or kidnapping, we almost always blame the victim. Something must have caused it, it can't just be a business misbehaving or a power move against the helpless.....SOMETHING THE VICTIM DID MUST HAVE CUASED IT.....SMH!

True.
Nigerians do this (blame the victim) to justify our collective silence in the face of this issues and to kid ourselves that such can never happen to us
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by GreatrAnalyst: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2021
etzskillz:

Still wondering how we got here��
They’ll still vote for that bastard if constitution allows it
It has been a progressive one however backwardly. The errors of today started with past governments; that's why you could see same thing people in government now condemned about the last one is same thing they are doing on a larger scale. So it is safe to say if Nigeria didn't get it right in 2023, what's happening now would be like a child play.
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by InoGetJoy: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Difrent:

Lolz....you have a funny way of reasoning, but you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to try to change that. I'll leave you to do your research by yourself, maybe then you'll understand what I'm saying.
Shalom
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by sojayy(m): 7:38am On Nov 11, 2021
mixta140:

What did you understand?
That we can be legit and do well

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by InoGetJoy: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2021
Chuksmonika:
Sadly, some people still want such a country to exist...sad indeed.
Very sad indeed
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by sharpwriter(m): 7:40am On Nov 11, 2021
MrMcJay:

Simply because I refused giving you 10k grin
See tears grin

Giving 20k is not my problem. The problem is that you're not worth it. Get that into your head.

Baba, me that Worth it nko, abeg dash me na wink
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2021
Too many ignorant commenters on this thread.

A bank will not just block your account simply because 800k entered, supposing 800k meets the transaction and deposit requirements.

The reason why accounts are blocked has little to do with the amount coming in, but more to do with the activities going on with the account. If activities are suspicious, even an account can be blocked over a 50k deposit.

Usually, fraudsters have been known to withdraw money in little batches before making huge withdrawals. For example, a fraudster who has stolen someone's card details, may attempt to withdraw 10k in two batches, before withdrawing something bigger like 100k.

So, if an innocent person withdraws 10k at one ATM, and withdraws another 10k at another ATM, and then withdraws 50k, the bank system would become suspicious. The account may be blocked.

The only problem I have with Nigerian banks is their backwardness when dealing with such a matter. In developed countries, all you may need to do most of the time is verify your own transactions over the phone, not necessarily come down to the branch. You might need to email or call your account officer and they would conduct a small interview over the phone during which they will ask you to verify that you are the one making the transactions, and not a fraudster doing so.

So, your friend may not be telling you the entire truth.

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by jayice(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2021
U don't mean it!,and I just funded my kuda with #300 naira,abeg make i withdraw before Efcc go nab me��
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:59am On Nov 11, 2021
juwoonn:
Na mumu bankers wey no dey mind their business dey cause am sometimes... how much is 800k?
I remember when I got N1M from merrybet around 2018... the money entered in 2 500k in the span of 10 minutes or so. I got to the bank to transfer the funds for a property I was about buying and the small “girl” (I should be 10 years older than the idiot) said where did you get this money from? I told her from a company I did business with... their name is merrybet... check yourself.
And she’s was like your account with us have been receiving nothing bigger than 300k at once but yesterday you got N1M... what did you do that the company is paying you 1M? Na so I vex for her...I asked her if she want to remain on the same level for life... until the manager came out, checked her system and approved my transfer. So, sometimes frustrated or overzealous staffs can flag your account.

How can you vex for someone doing her job?

If they sack her for easily passing every claim, would you help her?

All those questions she asked are questions that have been drilled into them. It is called transaction verification.

Many of you don't know that these verifications are in fact put in place to help you. Imagine it was a scammer that came to impersonate you, and she passed him easily. That means you would have lost 1million naira.

I have heard of a case of someone who went to recieve money transfered to them from the United States, but when he got to the bank, he heard that someone else has taken possession of the money.

Please, always let these people do their job. They have your best interest at heart.

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by LyfeJennings(m): 8:07am On Nov 11, 2021
Str8talk21:

Tell this sh.it to d birds. Sic.

Lol
I for reply U but no be every battle man go fight
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by akdjr(m): 8:11am On Nov 11, 2021
I don't think a bank can just trick a customer to come for documentation because he or she has 800k in the bank account. Something must have happened that result to the arrest.

For instance, my landlord son was robbed and the armed robbers compel him to transfer 300k into a kuda account. So if such account is blocked and further arrested people who don't know will jump into conclusion that Nigeria is this and that.

3 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by mfm04622: 8:13am On Nov 11, 2021
Commotfornigeri:

What regulations raise flags on a 800k deposit? the normal regulation says spikes over 5m need to be questioned. not 800k

There is a regulation that says when you have not received a certain amount before, you need to explain how you got it.
However, that explanation is to the bank, not EFCC. So something must have happened for them to invite EFCC immediately

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by cbi24: 8:18am On Nov 11, 2021
grin
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by LongBig(m): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2021
sharpwriter:

To have 20k today and tomorrow have 50 million or more tomorrow does not only happen in crypto trading.

It is life, such is life. Breakthrough starts at a point. An account not worth more than 500 naira today can receive tens of millions tomorrow.

It's the way life works.

You are right
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Themandator: 8:57am On Nov 11, 2021
lalasticlala:
As shared by @brysonadahcole:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1458459958392115207.html

Thank you for this post. Let me just delete the APP from my phone

Thank you

Done... Transferred what I have and delete

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by sharpwriter(m): 9:00am On Nov 11, 2021
Themandator:

Thank you for this post. Let me just delete the APP from my phone

Thank you
grin
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Themandator: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2021
mfm04622:

There is a regulation that says when you have not received a certain amount before, you need to explain how you got it.
However, that explanation is to the bank, not EFCC. So something must have happened for them to invite EFCC immediately

So if you 800 you explain... 2m you explain..

How many times have you gone to EFCC to explain
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Pelicanmedia: 9:33am On Nov 11, 2021
First Bank Plc Salary Loans

Do you have a salary account with FirstBank? Simply fill our Loan Application Form to start enjoying our Personal Loan Against Salary designed to help you cover pressing financial obligations before payday arrives.

https://www.firstbanknigeria.com/pers.../loans/salary-loans/

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme / Photo Of Susan Oleghe, The Lady Electrocuted At Obi Cubana's Club In Abuja / Mba Forex Is Under Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.