Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole (77954 Views)

Kuda Bank Releases Statement On Accusations Of Reporting Clients To EFCC / Kuda Bank Is A Fraud! / Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by abbey621(m): 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
einsteine:

What's the full story?

Do you know if the 800k was paid out of a compromised account? The OP has not provided the full story. Freezes are common, reporting to the efcc is highly unusual and something must have warranted it.

I've noticed a pattern in this country, whether it is rape, police shooting or kidnapping, we almost always blame the victim. Something must have caused it, it can't just be a business misbehaving or a power move against the helpless.....SOMETHING THE VICTIM DID MUST HAVE CAUSED IT.....SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by colyx1(m): 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Me dat was planning to open an account with kuda. Anyway they've just lost one potential customer.
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Odoogu(m): 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
SmartPolician:
Why is this supposed to be a problem?
He should clear his name and leave the EFCC office if he's a genuine hustler.

Like say na jollof him go chop for there. So you think efcc is not capable of complicating issues for a genuine hustler? And again, the reverse should have been the case. Efcc should first investigate for any suspicion b4 invitation or arrest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by ImOptional: 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
FuckDModz:

If we check now, na 4k be the cash. Smh

Back to the matter, Kuda is the number one bank for criminals and p2p merchants, I'm sure CBN targetted them for sanction so they simply transferred the wrath to customers.

Blame CBN, not Kuda. Because all banks will eventually implement the same strict measure.
noted
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by LyfeJennings(m): 11:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ur friend must have received a ridiculously huge amount for the account to be flagged. The system automatically picks strange inflow. For instance, U open an account that runs on an average inflow of 50 to 100naira. Then all of a sudden, U receive 2000naira, the account will be blocked and the system will flag it. There has to be a genuine purpose of payment and for an institution like Kuda, which is not a proper commerical bank like that, their system would ring a high alert that can't be ignored. If they turn a blind eye to it presently, it will hit them hard in their year end audit.
So bro, KUDA has done absolutely no wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by einsteine(m): 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
abbey621:

I've noticed a pattern in this country, whether it is rape, police shooting or kidnapping, we almost always blame the victim. Something must have caused it, it can't just be a business misbehaving or a power move against the helpless.....SOMETHING THE VICTIM DID MUST HAVE CUASED IT.....SMH!

This is not a case of victim blaming so don't get yourself worked up. It is highly unusual for someone to be arrested over a paltry sum of 800k unless something criminal is involved. In this case, the OP did not state what sort of transaction was involved or indeed give any details other than saying his friend was invited and handed over to the efcc.

Back in the pre-bvn days, we used to flag accounts with "Arrest on sight" and if such account holders get to the branch, they would be kept in discussion until law enforcement comes and this only happened in the case of fraud.

So until the OP states the kind of transaction it was, I would suggest you hold off judgement.

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Silentmoni(m): 11:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
Elxandre:

Why is a bank with no physical branches your main savings account?
You people play too much.
i understand your concerns bro,i didnt say main savings....nah flexing money i dey save there and so far am comfortable with thier services.
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by mixta140: 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
InoGetJoy:
This government doesn't f**cking care about us. It's always "more for themselves and less for everybody else".
They don't want a population of citizens capable of living well, which is why they've been blocking every avenue from where the youth can make money without begging for crumbs; think crypto, Instagram. They'll soon come for forex and other social media.

They don't want to provide enabling environment for businesses to grow but they have funds to pay counter-protesters and zombies to fight their online battles on nairaland.

They borrow billions but the effects of those billions aren't felt by the masses.

They steal the billions that they're borrowing because they know there's no redemption for this country.

They buy citizenship in good countries abroad, while some people support them for the crumbs that fall for their tables.

They don't fụcking care about you, whether you're Yoruba, Igbo, Efik, Ibibio or any other tribe. As long as you're not Fulani, you can go to hell.

I sincerely wish the eyes of the people will open and they'll see who their real enemies are.
Dey lie yourself there ... your family members don help you or care about you for real... abegi joor... we all just pointing fingers ... masses sef get for body ... we all are not serious together
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by mixta140: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
etzskillz:
These bastards want Nigerian youth to beg and queue for 2 cups of rice and N200 come to 2023. But God’s willing, we will survive.
And to anyone still supporting or defending Buhari, may the rest of your life be like Nigeria be way it has been under Buhari
I will neve support bad thing or people ... the masses got more problem with their family members than the govt .... enter police station first ... you go know say people bad pass buhari
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by abbey621(m): 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
einsteine:

This is not a case of victim blaming so don't get yourself worked up. It is highly unusual for someone to be arrested over a paltry sum of 800k unless something criminal is involved. In this case, the OP did not state what sort of transaction was involved or indeed give any details other than saying his friend was invited and handed over to the efcc.

Back in the pre-bvn days, we used to flag accounts with "Arrest on sight" and if such account holders get to the branch, they would be kept in discussion until law enforcement comes and this only happened in the case of fraud.

So until the OP states the kind of transaction it was, I would suggest you hold off judgement.

Try and read the post again, a young man who makes money by designing, this is more likely a freelancer. On Fiverr and Upwork, it is not farfetched to be able to make 500k or more every month or two.

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by mixta140: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
TheRealOwner:
The way CBN is directly and indirectly crippling Crypto & Forex traders and those offering skills online ehn.

Remember when I did 3 transactions in February and my account got frozen

It was only unfrozen in October after several visits, verifications, submission of documents and all.

It was not funny.

Big lies ... when forex join again... nawa ooo
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by mixta140: 11:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
sojayy:
So funny how most think an average Nigerian guy doing well is a scammer..... coolBut they don't understand that we understand that they don't understand. cheesy grin
What did you understand?
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by einsteine(m): 12:07am On Nov 11, 2021
abbey621:

Try and read the post again, a young man who makes money by designing, this is more likely a freelancer. On Fiverr and Upwork, it is not farfetched to be able to make 500k or more every month or two.

No bank will call efcc if it's just a matter of asking you to explain your inflow. You are the one taking everything the OP said at face value. A designer would simply send screenshots of transactions on the freelancing site to the bank. That's what I did back then when odesk was still active in order to receive inflow to a domiciliary account.

In this case, it is most likely that a specific inflow was linked to an account that has been involved in a petition. As is usual, the OP would not give any details as the goal of the post is to get us to condemn the bank.

Someone I know got nicked by efcc because he sold crypto to someone and the person had sent him money directly from an account he had hacked (through a sim swap). Unless the OP provides clear information, we can't be sure what exactly happened.

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by abbey621(m): 12:21am On Nov 11, 2021
einsteine:

No bank will call efcc if it's just a matter of asking you to explain your inflow. You are the one taking everything the OP said at face value. A designer would simply send screenshots of transactions on the freelancing site to the bank. That's what I did back then when odesk was still active in order to receive inflow to a domiciliary account.

In this case, it is most likely that a specific inflow was linked to an account that has been involved in a petition. As is usual, the OP would not give any details as the goal of the post is to get us to condemn the bank.

Someone I know got nicked by efcc because he sold crypto to someone and the person had sent him money directly from an account he had hacked (through a sim swap). Unless the OP provides clear information, we can't be sure what exactly happened.

You're not making sense! For someone that is trying so hard to seem neutral your words bretray you. First you didn't bother to read where they said email is not enough that he ahd to show up physically. Next, you find it hard to belive the victim yet find it easy to trust that a Nigerian bank cannot misbahave, how is this different from asking a rape victim what she wore or a victim of police brutality what he said to deserve such beating? Even if there are no petitions, you would still justify such treatment if the guy was a crypto or forex trader. It is obvious your mode of thought is guilty till proven innocent(typical suffer mentality) hence this is a waste of my time and energy.....Don't bother replying......PEACE!

3 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by sharpwriter(m): 12:37am On Nov 11, 2021
LongBig:

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT TO US? I THOUGHT YOU PROMISED TO SAFE US FROM THE TRADITIONAL BANK AND BE A PLATFORM WE CAN BE COMFORTABLE WITH? ONE OF MY FRIEND IS ABOUT TO OFFLOAD 65% OF HIS BTC AND I ADVISED HIM TO MAKE USE OF KUDA TO RECEIVE THE FUNDS BUT RIGHT NOW I HAVE TO RETRACT MY WORDS BACK BEFORE YOU PUT HIM INTO TROUBLE! IS VERY POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE 20k TODAY THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN DEPOSIT 50M TOMORROW! THIS IS VERY COMMON WITH CRYPTO TRADERS WHO HAVE BEEN SAVING THIER MONEY USING USDT, SO THEY CAN DECIDE TO OFFLOAD THE COINS AND RECEIVE THE FIAT CURRENCY USING THEIR EVERYDAY BANK, SO IS THIS THE FATE THAT AWAIT THEM? I DON SPEAK SO HIGHLY OF KUDA SO IT REALLY BREAK MY HEART FOR THEM TO BEHAVE IN THIS MANNER SO THEREFORE KUDA IS CANCELLED!!!!!!
To have 20k today and tomorrow have 50 million or more tomorrow does not only happen in crypto trading.

It is life, such is life. Breakthrough starts at a point. An account not worth more than 500 naira today can receive tens of millions tomorrow.

It's the way life works.

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Lampy336: 12:53am On Nov 11, 2021
Kuda bank is already going down with this mess..

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Samuelriano1(m): 1:59am On Nov 11, 2021
jumper524:
I'm sure there's more to it.
Kuda won't do such a thing knowing fully well that their rivals, palm pay and opay would accept such customers with full hands and little verification.
CBN only allows police/efcc report on account that doesn't receive huge figure regularly but receives 5million instantly..
Moderators shouldn't move such post to Frontpage.

the only reasonable person have seen so far. bank won't call efcc on you if you haven't defaulted. I wonder why moderator keeps pushing one sided story forward.this is trash

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by larryking540: 1:59am On Nov 11, 2021
MrMcJay:

No one gives a Bleep about you. Why should I send you 10k?
oga no day rake , money u can't dish out freely don't open your mouth and call it ordinary blah blah ,,thats a crazy bitchy self entitlement attitude , ordinary 0.1%of the money u called ordinary ,u can't give out ,shame on u bro big shame
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Samuelriano1(m): 2:07am On Nov 11, 2021
is it not the same kuda,my boss a crypto trader used to transact 2days ago? after the transaction d account was blocked, but was later opened that same day. op bia come n tell me the full story, not this lie you just said
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by dan56: 2:09am On Nov 11, 2021
larryking540:

oga no day rake , money u can't dish out freely don't open your mouth and call it ordinary blah blah ,,thats a crazy bitchy self entitlement attitude , ordinary 0.1%of the money u called ordinary ,u can't give out ,shame on u bro big shame

Why should he care about you to dash you money?

Is begging in your DNA?

Why should you be important more than his dog if he have any?

What value do you add to him to dash you anything?

Why must he dash you to proof his value?

Is it mandatory he needed to proof anything to you?

I mean are you worth proving anything to?

6 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Samuelriano1(m): 2:10am On Nov 11, 2021
Gate050:

I don't believe your story or your friend didn't tell you his previous transactions he had carried out before now. I received 4.7m to my kuda past week and I did moved it and transfer some. Why didn't they ask me to appear in person? You're not telling the true story
am telling you, that dude is lying.my boss transferred millions to a customer with that same kuda ( he's a forex trader) the account was blocked, n was opened that same day.he had 4million plus in d account.the op is a bloody liar

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by dan56: 2:12am On Nov 11, 2021
Samuelriano1:

am telling you, that dude is lying.my boss transferred millions to a customer with that same kuda ( he's a forex trader) the account was blocked, n was opened that same day.he had 4million plus in d account.the op is a bloody liar

Check on Twitter. Kuda, GT and FCmB is clamping down on youth aged 18-30 years.

Sounds funny but the story is true.

Know some users who are victims

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by dan56: 2:15am On Nov 11, 2021
Samuelriano1:

the only reasonable person have seen so far. bank won't call efcc on you if you haven't defaulted. I wonder why moderator keeps pushing one sided story forward.this is trash
Pray not to be a victim this is Nigeria, painful shits works and you can’t enter efcc office & your balance remain the same. They will definitely rub you behind the camera.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by dan56: 2:36am On Nov 11, 2021
Someone shared me that screenshot.

1 Like

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by etzskillz(m): 3:22am On Nov 11, 2021
GreatrAnalyst:

May their lives even be worse than the way Nigeria has been made under these terrorists of a people.
It is like when a country is under a siege...principalities are real
Still wondering how we got here��
They’ll still vote for that bastard if constitution allows it

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by MrMcJay(m): 3:26am On Nov 11, 2021
larryking540:

Simply because I refused giving you 10k grin
See tears grin

Giving 20k is not my problem. The problem is that you're not worth it. Get that into your head.

5 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:42am On Nov 11, 2021
If I were your friend I would have sclosed the account and go to another to get a new account then mov my small shubi out.
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by EgunMogaji2: 3:55am On Nov 11, 2021
aryzgreat:
I never use my access n zenith bank accounts finish na to open kuda abi na wetin. What's d need?

N0 transfer fees and free Zenith ATM usage are why I’m a Kudain cheesy
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by Str8talk21: 4:43am On Nov 11, 2021
LyfeJennings:
Ur friend must have received a ridiculously huge amount for the account to be flagged. The system automatically picks strange inflow. For instance, U open an account that runs on an average inflow of 50 to 100naira. Then all of a sudden, U receive 2000naira, the account will be blocked and the system will flag it. There has to be a genuine purpose of payment and for an institution like Kuda, which is not a proper commerical bank like that, their system would ring a high alert that can't be ignored. If they turn a blind eye to it presently, it will hit them hard in their year end audit.
So bro, KUDA has done absolutely no wrong.

Tell this sh.it to d birds. Sic.

2 Likes

Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by InoGetJoy: 4:44am On Nov 11, 2021
mixta140:

Dey lie yourself there ... your family members don help you or care about you for real... abegi joor... we all just pointing fingers ... masses sef get for body ... we all are not serious together
Nigerians actually don't ask for much from their government. Do you know that a lot of businesses that have moved from Nigeria to neighbouring countries won't have moved if there was steady electricity in this country? I remember Fashola saying that electricity generation isn't rocket science, but what's happening right now?
If only the animals in power will provide the basic amenities to make life easier, you'll see how resilient Nigerians. That's the reason why Nigerians do well abroad. Our students score third class in our universities, but go abroad and score first class.
Think am
Re: Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole by IamDavid(m): 4:55am On Nov 11, 2021
jumper524:
I'm sure there's more to it.
Kuda won't do such a thing knowing fully well that their rivals, palm pay and opay would accept such customers with full hands and little verification.
CBN only allows police/efcc report on account that doesn't receive huge figure regularly but receives 5million instantly..
Moderators shouldn't move such post to Frontpage.
Standard fees for architectural consultation is 2%-12% of the whole construction cost. ens airdrop starts from 5M upwards. One lucky trade on forex or futures can win you that. There are a million and 1 ways legitimate 5M can enter one's account even if it has been on a low volume before. If you have been hustling legitimately and has been intimidated by your bank, you won't say this this.

I understand where you're coming from but bro, intimidation is a terrible feeling. They will disrupt your business and your health. In my situation, it took kuda two weeks to even reply my mail after locking my account. After explaining my source of funds, they told me to bring utility bill with my name on it. Sadly, my utility bill doesn't has my name, the metre was not registered in my name. My money is still hanging there. When I have time, they will see crazy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme / Photo Of Susan Oleghe, The Lady Electrocuted At Obi Cubana's Club In Abuja / Mba Forex Is Under Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.