Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State (3249 Views)

Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. / Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? / Dino Melaye Exposes Yahaya Bello's Looting Of Kogi State In 38 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by 22o62021: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2021
For somebody that is from Nsukka

I know everything that you wrote here

11 years ago when I wrote my neco at otukpa branch benue state, there is a market named Nkwo ugbo we always go there to watch football matches

Goat meat was cheap there then and 7 up was #50

Ette people in Enugu state will tell you that they are from kogi state, some of them will say Enugu state.

If you go to Akpanya, Ankpa

90% of them are igbos

This made Enugu/kogi government to abandon them because half will claim kogi the other will claim Enugu.

Nsukka people migrated from igala

1 Like

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Igboid: 9:07am On Nov 11, 2021
22o62021:

11 years ago when I wrote my neco at otukpa branch benue state, there is a market named Nkwo ugbo we always go there to watch football matches

Ette people in Enugu state will tell you that they are from kogi state, some of them will say Enugu state.

90% of them are igbos

This made Enugu/kogi government to abandon them because half will claim kogi the other will claim Enugu.

Stop saying nonsense.
How can Nsukka a very old Igbo clan migrate from relatively new Igala?
The right thing to note is that Nsukka people once inhabited the land Igalas inhabit today in Kogi, and was forced to leave the land when Wukari people from Taraba came there in droves.
The Nsukka people that stayed behind, mixed with these Wukari people, alongside the Yorubas, to form what you call Igala today.
Igala is a product of Igbo, Yoruba and Wukari, even the Attah admitted this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by 22o62021: 9:08am On Nov 11, 2021
Igboid:

Stop saying nonsense.
How can Nsukka a very old Igbo clan migrate from relatively new Igala?
The right thing to note is that Nsukka people once inhabited the land Igalas inhabit today in Kogi, and was forced to leave the land when Wukari people from Taraba came there in droves.
The Nsukka people that stayed behind, mixed with these Wukari people, alongside the Yorubas, to form what you call Igala today.
Igala is a product of Igbo, Yoruba and Wukari.

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Donaluta(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2021
22o62021:

Rubbish

No dey kap vertically.. you done pass some nonsense
Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Igboid: 9:38am On Nov 11, 2021
22o62021:

Rubbish

Lol!

1 Like

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by 22o62021: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2021
Igboid:

Lol!

But seriously

E go good make you go interview elders from Nsukka to know this

Nsukka, okpuje and ideke na brothers

Go and find out how they came about
Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Igboid: 11:06am On Nov 11, 2021
22o62021:

But seriously

E go good make you go interview elders from Nsukka to know this

Nsukka, okpuje and ideke na brothers

Go and find out how they came about

What are you interviewing?
Nsukka people lived indigenously in the land currently called Igala until the people know as Igala today came from Wukari and lived with them there.
Many Nsukka people where forced to migrate down south to the place you call Nsukka today, while those who stayed behind are the ones we are studying in this thread.
Nsukka ancestors told their descendants that they came from the land Currently occupied by Igalas, not that they are Igalas.
Igala is what you got when Aboriginal Igbo Nsukka people mixed with Yorubas and Wukari migrants from Taraba.

Don't get it twisted.

4 Likes

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by SlayerForever: 11:27am On Nov 11, 2021
Currently reading!

As someone who has lived in Nsukka this is especially interesting to read. Waawa and by extension Igboland extends deep into Kogi state! We move!

3 Likes

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by SlayerForever: 11:52am On Nov 11, 2021
Igboid please provide me Maazi's Facebook link on this research.
Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by SlayerForever: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2021
22o62021:

90% of them are igbos

How can you say Nsukka is from Igala i na-ezuzu ezuzu?

3 Likes

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by AlexBells(m): 11:59am On Nov 11, 2021
Fbisshit:
Alexbell inspired post...

Op igboid you have done well..

Alexbell this is the kind of thing you should be posting instead of forming allegiance with people that sworn to hate on your tribe for ever...

You see this opobo, bonny and Ndoki issue, when the matter mature elders will put mouth.....

Check my signature grin grin
I'm not forming Alliance with them, I'm just seeking to fix common ground before it get to confrontation
Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by AlexBells(m): 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Fbisshit:
Alexbell inspired post...

Op igboid you have done well..

Alexbell this is the kind of thing you should be posting instead of forming allegiance with people that sworn to hate on your tribe for ever...

You see this opobo, bonny and Ndoki issue, when the matter mature elders will put mouth.....

Check my signature grin grin
What Manner of Fuckery Signature is that lol
Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by AlexBells(m): 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
Igboid:
cc: Slayerforever, Alexbells, Bkkay, Eastlink
Don't worry about Nsukka Axis, I will happily personally lead the campaign that Side, it is my homeland that we are talking about here, I spent a good time in Idah, also I know the Enugu state/Kogi boundary very much and also Enugu/Benue Boundary, I have friends as far in as Okwutu part of AlaIgbo, those ones are minor issue

1 Like

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Igboid: 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
SlayerForever:
Igboid please provide me Maazi's Facebook link on this research.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=263505259157314&id=100064935263593

Here.

1 Like

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by SlayerForever: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Igboid: 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
SlayerForever:

Thank you!

Maazi Ogbonnaya Okoro will be on Clubhouse at 8:00pm today on Igbo nation thread, to discuss the "Igbos of Kogi".
You can tune in if interested.
If you don't have Clubhouse app, you can go to play store and download it and then open a profile, after which you search for the Igbo nation thread.
It promises to be explosive.
We will be entertaining some Igbos from these parts of Kogi in our midst, and of course, we expect the Igalas and their Northern friends as well as the usual nosey Yoruba Muslims who can't seem to stay off Igbo business to fight back.
Don't miss out.

2 Likes

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Igboid: 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Some selected messages from Ogbonnaya Okoro wall.

3 Likes

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Igboid: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Don't worry about Nsukka Axis, I will happily personally lead the campaign that Side, it is my homeland that we are talking about here, I spent a good time in Idah, also I know the Enugu state/Kogi boundary very much and also Enugu/Benue Boundary, I have friends as far in as Okwutu part of AlaIgbo, those ones are minor issue

We have to worry about every axis bro.
Nothing should be taken for granted.

The task of reuniting Igbo land and people scattered in SS and NC must not be left to chance.
Every single move and detail must be well though out, planned and executed.

The balkanization and grabbing of Igboland by surrounding minorities standing on the shoulders of Hausa-Fulani and some mischievous Yoruba Muslims has gone on for too long.
Everyone see Igbo land as fair shot.
The Ijaws from South, the Binis from West, the Igalas from North.

This can't go on forever. This Igbo generation must make a stand. The Multiethnic BIAFRA championed by IPoB must be murdered in cold blood by Igbo nationalists, so that Igbo reunification project and the subsequent rise of a unified Igbo nation will happen.

4 Likes

Re: The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State by Pakute: 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
Their number is very inconsequential, they're less than 5 thousand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Vote For Them,they Are Evil. May Allah Take Tinubu And Atiku Away. Imam / Peter Obi Cult-like Followers In Pictures / President Tinubu Should Please Make This Man Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.