Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 (18422 Views)

Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by fitinwell: 11:40am On Nov 11, 2021
When you see man made disaster like this.. just know Corruption is the Team player in the Game..

Think Corrupt system ..
Think Nigeria.

Every sector wants to cut corners..
Shun off the later effects..

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by jojo1415: 11:41am On Nov 11, 2021
So sad....what a useless country. cry

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Rastaramsey(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2021
Damnnnnn niggarr
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2021
Progress is very slow. Some might have been alive if operations were very fast

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:42am On Nov 11, 2021
TimeTraveller:
The impact this would have on the Lagos property market is immense. Chai! People go begin fear to live or invest in high-rise buildings.

If you live abroad and you want to build, abeg come Naija come supervise your project o! No send any nigga your money, not even your father. Take leave from work, come home, supervise am to the level wey ya money reach and go back to hustling. Repeat the process until you complete the building.

Make e be like dat o!
na so una go dey spoil people job.....not everyone is a criminal
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by jaxxy(m): 11:43am On Nov 11, 2021
Poor rescue operations
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:44am On Nov 11, 2021
Holluwatarhyor:
Sounds like not everyone will die embarassed
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by emmykk(m): 11:44am On Nov 11, 2021
Greenlight123:
Una no get work to do! anything wer dem post sharp sharp comments don follow! no go let Nigeria problem choke u

This your post is a useless reply...most people visit Nairaland from offices and their business shop

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by TimeTraveller: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2021
Holluwatarhyor:

I didn't say people shouldn't give out jobs, I said they should consider physically supervising it. WTF is wrong with that? Some of you don't have a clue what people go through to get their pennies.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:48am On Nov 11, 2021
sanerugwei:
What are they going to do with the remaining two buildings now?

It will be a hard sell especially as its said they approved without insurance.

The govt is still to answer the question of approval. How 15 floors ended with additional 21 floors.

A proper inquiry is needed.

Fisrt EndSARS, now THIS, HABA!!!
The government will not make any inquiry or investigate anything. It's like telling the Lagos State government to make inquiry about themselves. They know where they are culpable

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:49am On Nov 11, 2021
TOPCRUISE:

Sounds like not everyone will die embarassed
I studied civil engineering and I have my dignity to protect,don't know about you
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:52am On Nov 11, 2021
TimeTraveller:

I didn't say people shouldn't give out jobs, I said they should consider physically supervising it. WTF is wrong with that? Some of you don't have a clue what people go through to get their pennies.
well,You sound like Engineering professions should be scraped.....I don't have an issue with owners of a building project been with me on his/her site,but not everyone is a fraud
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 11, 2021
Racoon:
So unfortunate an incident.This is what cutting corners and brazen disregard for due process costs a nation.Rest on departed souls.

The man will be remembered for killing 45 people. For all the so called blessing and nonsense his pastor was spewing....that is his claim to fame for eternity!!!

Do this religion with sense!!!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by TimeTraveller: 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
Holluwatarhyor:
well,You sound like Engineering professions should be scraped.....I don't have an issue with owners of a building project been with me on his/her site,but not everyone is a fraud

I didn't say they should be scrapped. Where in my post did I suggest that?

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by wirinet(m): 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
TimeTraveller:
The impact this would have on the Lagos property market is immense. Chai! People go begin fear to live or invest in high-rise buildings.
Impact on Lagos Property market will be minimal. The Fourscore Towers was a project that should never have been allowed in the first place. It was allowed due to the greed and corruption of the Lagos State Government. Ikoyi was designed by the British administrators as a low density high value elite residential area. How and why the Lagos State Government started approving the building of high rise is the height of irresponsibly. Ikoyi was supposed to be the Beverly Hills of Nigeria. They have turned it to high density area like Victoria Island. The first and only high rise building in ikoyi was Reeve Road Towers. It was recently all manner of high rise flats starting springing up in Ikoyi. Greed and lack of planing is the bane of the black man.

If you live abroad and you want to build, abeg come Naija come supervise your project o! No send any nigga your money, not even your father. Take leave from work, come home, supervise am to the level wey ya money reach and go back to hustling. Repeat the process until you complete the building.

Make e be like dat o!

The project did not collapse because the owner did not supervise the project. In fact the building collapsed because the owner assumed the role of the engineer and went against the advice of the original engineer that designed the engineering part of the project.
It is not possible for the owner to supervise and manage such a huge project, even if he is present on the site 24/7. Project owners need to spend money to hire competent and reputable professionals.

8 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Ofiadiegwu: 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Doraty1:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=254684770022917&id=100064441879510

This building, once celebrated by many.
Now it's a source of death and grief for sooo many.

Buildings should be taken more serious henceforth. Any building that fails established standard is automatically a death trap for many.

Big lessons to be learnt
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by anambraamaka: 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
This is so sad! Weeks after still these people are slow. I'm sure many would have survived if this happened in South Africa?, Egypt

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
backbencher:

The good thing about this is that the developer who was chief in encouraging disregard for due process was himself caught up in the mess

That's a lesson . A harsh one. And a wake up call.
He took innocent people with him cry
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Lovenorth: 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
Rest in peace to the death ones and we hope that there would be yet another survivors
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by FlipModeSquade(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
It's well with their souls..
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Cogs(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
This day ehnnn, I suspect every new storey building higher than 4 stories.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by EmmyNorse(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
Rest in peace to the dead
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by zang: 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kingpele:
This is very tragic, greed is the greatest evil that gripped the heart of the ungodly,the end is always disaster,that guy that killed his second son at enugu coal camp was disappointed ,they wanted his first son but instead,he offered his second son ,thinking he can outsmart them.they rejected the lad ,when he was caught by his neighbors ,as they were beating him ,he kept saying the rituals didn't work ,he is still a keke driver,the person leaving in coal camp told me this ,well he was saved by police officers that was on patrol.. cos they wanted to burn Jim to death.greed is demonic

You need to see a doctor
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Opsylo: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
I don't understand why Lagos state government is acting like this � imagine after 10days, supposing they acted on time they would have survived,
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Greatzeus(m): 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
" Life's a bi*ch,that's why we get high,cos you never know when you gonna go". Az
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by newoffer: 10:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
Na so my inlaw dey build nonsense until I take time off to supervise the work. He was moulding cheap blocks and replacing strong block with those cheap blocks. People are wicked quote author=TimeTraveller post=107518771]The impact this would have on the Lagos property market is immense. Chai! People go begin fear to live or invest in high-rise buildings.

Make e be like dat o![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Litmus: 1:54am On Nov 12, 2021
OfficialGaGa:
Sacrifice update.....

some people wan live long with more money.

To be a Nigerian is part of a million ways to die...

meanwhile the main people "Behind" this building dey fly from Lag to Abj every week for Private jet..

their plane go so crash....

If they walked what difference would it make ?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
Rip to the dead

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pop Design / Screeding At Better Price / Cost Of 300m2 Of Interlocking Tiles / House, duplex for sale or for rent at ikeja, lekki phase1 & 2 ajah, magodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.