Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige (26615 Views)

Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC / Amazing Transformation Of A Nigerian Who Was Sick For 9 Years / 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by ThatFairGuy: 8:18am On Nov 11, 2021
Thanks for your unbiased opinion. THAT NONSENSE MUST STOP
Throwback:
I partly agree.

Nigeria has become a training ground for professionals who would benefit other foreign societies.

This is not just about Doctors but all professionals in Nigeria.

We are mostly trained for "free" in Nigeria, then owing to the poor renumeration in the country, many who are already gainfully employed here resign to go take up job offers abroad, without having to take student loans like their peers abroad who are still paying back from their salaries.

We just earn the same salary as them in their country, and have no student loan to worry about.

In Nigeria, you can be the child of a cleaner/janitor and pass through university with a lot of discomfort, but without owing a penny by the time of graduation. Abroad, the child of a janitor without a scholarship (academic or sport), is only in the university doing similar janitorial work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Jayrow08: 8:18am On Nov 11, 2021
Henuell:
So they'll leave after being trained for free (IF ITS EVEN FREE) my guy this seems like rubbish to me

This is to say we will still have to look for qualified docs when qualified docs have left nigeria
As in total rubbish.
How can u train someone for free (IF ITS EVEN FREE, like u said) then after 9 yrs u will leave d country. E come dey b like say we no get sense again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by EmekaBlue(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2021
I hate this man low-key...Especially the way he talks. Starting from university strikes then

Mumu he-goat look-alike
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Seankhalifa: 8:18am On Nov 11, 2021
Sentiment aside he is saying the truth.. u can't go to a federal or state University and graduate for almost free.. u have to serve even if it is for 3 years..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Vintage94(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2021
Which one of his children is currently in the country.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Angelfrost(m): 8:19am On Nov 11, 2021
Emuforlife1:
Any Doctor that wants to Work abroad should school abroad. Simple. You can't take our cheap education to go and work abroad.
If you are not comfortable with the policy, you can as well drop out of the Medical school and create space for those who want to serve thier FATHERLAND.
This is akin to the OKOROS that are earning a living in the North but will cowardly always come online to spew trash/fallacies about tge North.

You are majoring on minor and mundane things, leaving out the main issues...

What stops the leaders from stepping up and upgrading the nation's health care sector to the level abroad??! Why pay political appointees 10 times more than senior health workers??! Did our senators and ministers pay far more while schooling in Nigeria??!
Is it not more sensible and leadership worthy to address the root cause of such migration of skills rather than looking for excuses to justify your poor leadership!

Mind you, I don't disagree wholly with Ngige's point, but it is moot compared to the pressing issue of poor allocation and investments in this nation's health and education sectors...

I would expect a learned person to be smart enough to dissect issues beyond party affiliations and ethnicity!!! This is why Nigeria remains behind globally!

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Henuell(m): 8:19am On Nov 11, 2021
Di's is to show bad governance
Imagine d government knows they'll eventually leave
I mean. Who would like to stay in a country DAT kills ambition

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by jonadaft: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2021
Aconomy:
This is the height of cluelessness
It's not unless you're a very greedy and senseless person.
FOR THE FIRST TIME, I AGREE WITH NGIGE ON THIS.

IF YOU WANT TO WORK ABROAD, GO ABROAD TO STUDY.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2021
Totally agree.

Government can't subsidise your education then you turn around to insult same.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by BarrElChapo(m): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
And this Ngige is a doctor who gained from Nigeria. Trained for free indeed as if they didnt pay school fees, handouts, stressed out seriously like medicine is the only course on earth that is do or die affair. Enough carry overs, then no reward after schooling. You owe them salaries. And the UK opened doors for them, and they move. E dey pain this one ooo. Lol.

Foolish labor minister. See how ibos are killing themselves. Is Fashola or Ameachi doing this? Yet, this short man devil called Ngige is doing rubbish. Later ibos will say others sidelined them. If you are sent to even torment your people, you have ways to do it and make life easy for them na.. not this one. Short people and wickedness are like 5 and 6.

What has being igbo got to do with this eh... You could have attacked the man not the tribe now you sound very foolish undecided

3 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Dozie32(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2021
Emuforlife1:
Any Doctor that wants to Work abroad should school abroad. Simple. You can't take our cheap education to go and work abroad.
If you are not comfortable with the policy, you can as well drop out of the Medical school and create space for those who want to serve thier FATHERLAND.
This is akin to the OKOROS that are earning a living in the North but will cowardly always come online to spew trash/fallacies about tge North.
Sorry mate, the pple you just mentioned above can't even help themselves. They are currently cooling in their respective dungeonsgrin

God will surely see them through, and mind you. Nothing good comes easily.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:22am On Nov 11, 2021
hisexcellency34:
In a saner clime, this short imp would have been kicked out or resign as Minister

Why?

Medical doctors in US despite their huge wages, owe their student debts for years.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Racoon(m): 8:23am On Nov 11, 2021
Thought Ngige once said that Nigeria have enough doctors and that those who wish to migrate can do so? So what happened again?

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Henuell(m): 8:24am On Nov 11, 2021
Jayrow08:

As in total rubbish.
How can u train someone for free (IF ITS EVEN FREE, like u said) then after 9 yrs u will leave d country. E come dey b like say we no get sense again

Jux imagine d rubbish
Its like u giving out free houses to citizens and after a while dey demolish the houses and leave d country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://thenewsguru.com/top-story/medical-doctors-other-health-workers-who-train-in-nigeria-must-serve-for-nine-years-before-seeking-greener-pastures-elsewhere-fg/
So, as a Medical Doctor in Nigeria, if my WIFE in the United States files for me to join her, I will have to wait for 9years, serving the country, despite the US NVC Visa approval and Interview invitation... grin grin grin grin grin
NGIGE too Stubborn.
Short men and wisdom grin grin
NGIGE na "ARUSI"
NGIGE should be treated as a deity & not human

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Ray02: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2021
I hate when these people will just be saying education is free in Nigeria. I looks free cos of our currency, talking about UK in our own context here, I don't think any school is paying below #50k, and if our currency is good, those people that studied abroad would be paying less compare to what they are paying, probably close to what private universities here charge.
I may be wrong tho, but that has always been my thought.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by ogatittus: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2021
Stop comparing Nigeria’s economy with the economy of top countries. Your education is cheaper because your economy is nothing to write home about. Was it not in this forum that someone said Hollandia yoghurt in Canada is over N10,000 whereas we get it here for N600 to N700 maximum? It’s the same with education and cost of living. Our rent is cheap compared to theirs. This Ngige is an olodo. Nigerians who trained outside are also coming back as well.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2021
Theunbothered:

I am resisting the urge to insult you right now but let me just say this.

Serving your fatherland isn't slavery, pay doctors and they won't leave, it is that simple.

If all the doctors leave who do you think will suffer, us or them?

These foolish politicians run abroad whenever they get simple ear ache while poverty stricken supporters on nairaland will support them when they don't even have a primary health care center in their local government.

Stop thinking like a primary school child.

You just wrote a wall of nonsense.

Will you work for 6 months without salary?

My tuition cost millions and you want me to work for uncertain chicken change.

Who do you think will suffer if all the professionals leave because idiots want to force them to work?

Nobody says you can't go abroad.

All they've said is, since they are sponsoring your education, you must serve for a number of year before you leave.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Angelfrost(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Thanks for your unbiased opinion. THAT NONSENSE MUST STOP

True sir...

However, can we also put a firm ban on politicians and political appointees traveling to the same "Forbidden" overseas for medical care, starting obviously from the number one citizen of the nation??!

If it makes no sense for our trained doctors to travel abroad for work, then why should politicians earning fat off a 3rd world nation's resources travel abroad for health care that they have not made available back home for their citizens??!

It is not enough to tie health workers down in the nation all because you trained them for "free", you all must also stay back and allow them handle all your medical needs based on the training you gave them and the resources you provided for them to work with.

This is the true meaning of leadership!!!... You see why I detest and abhor sycophancy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2021
Throwback:
I partly agree.

Nigeria has become a training ground for professionals who would benefit other foreign societies.

We are mostly trained for "free" in Nigeria, then owing to the poor renumeration in the country, many who are already gainfully employed here resign to go take up job offers abroad, without having to take student loans like their peers abroad who are still paying back from their salaries.

We just earn the same salary as them in their country, and have no student loan to worry about.

In Nigeria, you can be the child of a cleaner/janitor and pass through university with a lot of discomfort, but without owing a penny by the time of graduation. Abroad, the child of a janitor without a scholarship (academic or sport), is only in the university doing similar janitorial work.

Wow! So, what is your point? Are you saying Nigeria is better?

You honestly why some Nigerians are like this? Someone who sat down in his stupid cubicle and be writing epistle of RUBBISH.

How many children of a janitor do you see that are out of school in a sne clime like the US?

Yes, they collect loan for schooling and that is a very good way to ease the parents but that doesn't mean they can't afford it. It all depends where the child wants to school.

Yes, there are heless people globally but in most cases in a sane clime, it is hardly poverty. It might be drug abuse, illegal immigration and the rest.

Comparing a saner clime education system to this country makes you sound somehow.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by BESTScientist1: 8:27am On Nov 11, 2021
If you're not in the medical line you will be tempted to say rubbish against this, but truth be told. Dr.Ngige has a point. Sadly, we will leave with or without bond because the first to flout this order will be the government officials and their children, and boom...the rest is history. Fix the problem and people won't run out any more

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:27am On Nov 11, 2021
Angelfrost:

You are majoring on minor and mundane things, leaving out the main issues...

What stops the leaders from stepping up and upgrading the nation's health care sector to the level abroad??! Why pay political appointees 10 times more than senior health workers??! Did our senators and ministers pay far more while schooling in Nigeria??!
Is it not more sensible and leadership worthy to address the root cause of such migration of skills rather than looking for excuses to justify your poor leadership!

Mind you, I don't disagree wholly with Ngige's point, but it is moot compared to the pressing issue of poor allocation and investments in this nation's health and education sectors...

I would expect a learned person to be smart enough to dissect issues beyond party affiliations and ethnicity!!! This is why Nigeria remains behind globally!

Is that why the doctors leave?

Say the truth.

They leave because they can earn more.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Angelfrost(m): 8:29am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:
Totally agree.

Government can't subsidise your education then you turn around to insult same.

So, why do the same government fail to strictly use the health care facilities within the nation starting from Mr. President??!

Why should Nigerian leaders earn fat off the country and travel abroad for health checks and treatments??!...

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Smithcole70(m): 8:30am On Nov 11, 2021
The Ikoyi boy that can not deliver his state has spoken.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Burgerlomo: 8:30am On Nov 11, 2021
lilvicky68:
So they should stay but when you're sick you would leave them and travel abroad to patronize other doctors?? grin

Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:30am On Nov 11, 2021
oldtruth:

Wow! So, what is your point? Are you saying Nigeria is better?

You honestly why some Nigerians are like this? Someone who sat down in his stupid cubicle and be writing epistle of RUBBISH.

How many children of a janitor do you see that are out of school in a sne clime like the US?

Yes, they collect loan for schooling and that is a very good way to ease the parents but that doesn't mean they can't afford it. It all depends where the child wants to school.

Yes, there are heless people globally but in most cases in a sane clime, it is hardly poverty. It might be drug abuse, illegal immigration and the rest.

Comparing a saner clime education system to this country makes you sound somehow.

You haven't said anything.

The average medical school debt in the US is 215, 000 dollars.

A Nigerian who was trained in Nigeria, giving all the "choice" hostels, giving higher stipends at youth service, would be the first to be insulting the entire system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by ogatittus: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Why?

Medical doctors in US despite their huge wages, owe their student debts for years.

Nigerian medical students also have the opportunity to take loans. In Niger Delta University, Amassoma, students pay as much as N200,000. They can take a loan and when they start working the government takes it back in bits from their salary. I know, for some people, N200,000 is small money compared to the big big school fees people pay overseas but it is commensurate to what you get - bad classrooms, 8 to 9+ years in school e.t.c Somebody will enter school at 18 and graduate at 31...our mates abroad don’t experience such.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2021
Angelfrost:

So, why do the same government fail to strictly use the health care facilities within the nation starting from Mr. President??!

Why should Nigerian leaders earn fat off the country and travel abroad for health checks and treatments??!...

Because they can afford it and you also let them.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Ray02: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2021
Throwback:
I partly agree.

We work with them in their Google, or Microsoft, or Apple offices, in their law firms and hospitals, unknown to us that the salary we enjoy, they use to offset the student loans that got them the degree.

Oga, nothing is free. Let the government work on the currency and see that those schools are reasonable with their charges. $45k in a country with $ as their currency, and the cheapest medical school in Nigeria probably not less than #50k, so what difference? If our government is serious and we produce most of the things we use, then we will be alright.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:32am On Nov 11, 2021
ogatittus:

Nigerian medical students also have the opportunity to take loans. In Niger Delta University, Amassoma, students pay as much as N200,000. They can take a loan and when they start working the government takes it back in bits from their salary. I know, for some people, N200,000 is small money compared to the big big school fees people pay overseas but it is commensurate to what you get - bad classrooms, 8 to 9+ years in school e.t.c Somebody will enter school at 18 and graduate at 31...our mates abroad don’t experience such.

What are you talking about?
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by stanisbaratheon: 8:32am On Nov 11, 2021
The self-righteousness and buffoonery of this man surprises me, really.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Angelfrost(m): 8:33am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Is that why the doctors leave?

Say the truth.

They leave because they can earn more.

Yes, they leave because they wish to earn more and live better lives... I never disagreed with Ngige!

So, my question persists??! Why can't all political appointees be compelled in the same vein to strictly use all medical facilities in the nation and be banned from traveling to access health care??!... If our well trained doctors must remain here for a number of years to give back, why can't politicians and political office holders be compelled to ensure they and their families are treated solely by these doctors within the hospitals here??!

These are the issues! You can't separate them!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DELSU Graduate Who Went Mentally Deranged Is Now Back On His Feet / Caring For Yourself And Baby As a First Time Mum / How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.