Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige (26622 Views)

Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC / Amazing Transformation Of A Nigerian Who Was Sick For 9 Years / 447 Doctors Trained Abroad Failed Local Assessment Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by tfelicityk(m): 8:34am On Nov 11, 2021
This man is very very sick in the head. Why didn't he compares the wages of those countries he mentioned to Nigeria equivalent...

Nigerians leave you and your administration in the hands of God to pass His judgement.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by ThatFairGuy: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2021
Because politicians chose to be useless doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about the ungrateful and unpatriotic attitudes of our trained medical personnel.

There should be a law to that effect, EVEN POLITICIANS WARDS SHOULD SCHOOL IN NIGERIA.

This is what we all should keep canvassing for
Angelfrost:

True sir...

However, can we also put a firm ban on politicians and political appointees traveling to the same "Forbidden" overseas for medical care, starting obviously from the number one citizen of the nation??!

If it makes no sense for our trained doctors to travel abroad for work, then why should politicians earning fat off a 3rd world nation's resources travel abroad for health care that they have not made available back home for their citizens??!

It is not enough to tie health workers down in the nation all because you trained them for "free", you all must also stay back and allow them handle all your medical needs based on the training you gave them and the resources you provided for them to work with.

This is the true meaning of leadership!!!... You see why I detest and abhor sycophancy!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Theunbothered: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Nobody says you can't go abroad.

All they've said is, since they are sponsoring your education, you must serve for a number of year before you leave.

Are you dumb or can't read?

Do you understand the reason doctors want to run away in the first place?

Do you think this will help solve the doctor shortage in the country?

Please you foolish people shouldn't come into my mentions saying nonsense.

If I pay millions to earn a medical degree from a private school you will force me to stay in Nigeria for what?

No actual plans just emotional measures meant to punish doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2021
Angelfrost:

Yes, they leave because they wish to earn more and live better lives... I never disagreed with Ngige!

So, my question persists??! Why can't all political appointees be compelled in the same vein to strictly use all medical facilities in the nation and be banned from traveling to access health care??!... If our well trained doctors must remain here for a number of years to give back, why can't politicians and political office holders be compelled to ensure they and their families are treated solely by these doctors within the hospitals here??!

These are the issues! You can't separate them!!!

Because they can and because you allow it.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by emerged01(m): 8:35am On Nov 11, 2021
Make the country better and see them staying behind. You cant force anybody to stay and work in this mess with peanut.
So far their parents taxes,you didnt train them for free.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Angelfrost(m): 8:36am On Nov 11, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Because politicians chose to be useless doesn't mean we shouldn't take about the ungrateful and unpatriotic attitudes of our trained medical personnel.

There should be a law to that effect, EVEN POLITICIANS WARDS SHOULD SCHOOL IN NIGERIA.

This is what we all should keep canvassing for

Thank you... Now, we are on the same page!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by ThatFairGuy: 8:36am On Nov 11, 2021
If they need such wages, THEY SHOULD GO TO SUCH COUNTRY TO GET TRAINED and not otherwise by robbing Peter for Paul
tfelicityk:
This man is very very sick in the head. Why didn't he compares the wages of those countries he mentioned to Nigeria equivalent...

Nigerians leave you and your administration in the hands of God to pass His judgement.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by ogatittus: 8:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

You haven't said anything.

The average medical school debt in the US is 215, 000 dollars.

A Nigerian who was trained in Nigeria, giving all the "choice" hostels, giving higher stipends at youth service, would be the first to be insulting the entire system.

Do you know how much they are paid during residency? It can cover such costs. Nigerians also spend money to get there as well....it’s not like USMLE, PLAB or even MCCQE1 is free or something...some of these exams that the students abroad don’t write (apart from USMLE) Just so you know, a Nigerian planning to relocate to Cananda will spend over 900k to write the MCCQE 2...and it’s not like when they write these exams, it is guaranteed they’ll pass at once o.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:38am On Nov 11, 2021
Theunbothered:

Are you dumb or can't read?

Do you understand the reason doctors want to run away in the first place?

Do you think this will help solve the doctor shortage in the country?

Please you foolish people shouldn't come into my mentions saying nonsense.

No actual plans just emotional measures meant to punish doctors.

Sharap you idiot.

The average medical school debt in USA is 215,000 dollars but idiots like yourself always believe you must insult the country first before using your brains.

At the height of Coronavirus, despite the so-called inefficiencies and substandard, UK sent a plane down to Nigeria to pick doctors who enjoyed highly subsidised education.

Idiots like yourself can't see that it is wrong and must be addressed.

Compound FOOL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:39am On Nov 11, 2021
ogatittus:

Do you know how much they are paid during residency? It can cover such costs. Nigerians also spend money to get there as well....it’s not like USMLE, PLAB or even MCCQE1 is free or something...some of these exams that the students abroad don’t write (apart from USMLE) Just so you know, a Nigerian planning to relocate to Cananda will spend over 900k to write the MCCQE 2...and it’s not like when they write these exams, it is guaranteed they’ll pass at once o.

Their choice.

They want to leave.

Or should government pay for that too?
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Judithjovial(f): 8:39am On Nov 11, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
And this Ngige is a doctor who gained from Nigeria. Trained for free indeed as if they didnt pay school fees, handouts, stressed out seriously like medicine is the only course on earth that is do or die affair. Enough carry overs, then no reward after schooling. You owe them salaries. And the UK opened doors for them, and they move. E dey pain this one ooo. Lol.

Foolish labor minister. See how ibos are killing themselves. Is Fashola or Ameachi doing this? Yet, this short man devil called Ngige is doing rubbish. Later ibos will say others sidelined them. If you are sent to even torment your people, you have ways to do it and make life easy for them na.. not this one. Short people and wickedness are like 5 and 6.
why end with sentiment, Amaechi and Femi Adesina are doing the same grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Theunbothered: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Sharap you idiot.

The average medical school debt in USA is 215,000 dollars but idiots like yourself always believe you must insult the country first before using your brains.

At the height of Coronavirus, despite the so-called inefficiencies and substandard, UK sent a plan down to Nigeria to pick doctors who enjoyed highly subsidised education.

Idiots like yourself can't see that it is wrong and must be addressed.

Compound FOOL.

Because there is debt in the US you want to replicate it?

If Nigerian doctors were laid well would they run at any chance to leave?

What is the salary of an average doctor in the US compared to Nigeria, then we will talk properly.

Until then you're just talking emotional nonsense.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2021
BarrElChapo:

What has being igbo got to do with this eh... You could have attacked the man not the tribe now you sound very foolish undecided
You are the fo.olish one because you cannot tame your son. Is he not from you? This is why others do not trust you. Look at the APGA Ojukwu gave you...where is it today? Even Bianca had to write a long epistle recently. Instead of this one to join his people in APGA and make it great, he joined APC, and he is making a hell for us. Is he not your son? A ba.stard son who does not respect himself will be sent home to his people. Ngige is a bas.tard son of ibo. He is showing the true nature you all are. If you cannot caution him, you are all fo.olish. You are the fool cos you cannot even tame your own son. Yet, you want to be president. No unity in you. We will continue slamming you till you all get sense and unite.

You are the weak link in the south. Just look at how weak you are with Nnamdi Kanu's case. I trust the Yorubas. Look at how they handled Igboho's case. The Ijaws too will rally round their son. Of course there will be Judas, but if there is unity, you will win.

Not ibos. It is Lagos they will be flexing muscles in the markets molesting girls. You better call your son to order. Who will ever hand over Aso rock to your sons? Who?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by ariesbull: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2021
Henuell:
So they'll leave after being trained for free (IF ITS EVEN FREE) my guy this seems like rubbish to me

This is to say we will still have to look for qualified docs when qualified docs have left nigeria

Ngige is right.... We can't be training doctors for them to go practice elsewhere

It is like employing a staff and train the staff only for the staff to go to another company.... You bond the staff that is what organisations do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Jayrow08: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2021
Henuell:

Jux imagine d rubbish
Its like u giving out free houses to citizens and after a while dey demolish the houses and leave d country
I dey tell u... Bros dis country matter don tire me walahi. We jst fooling ourselves everyday even other countries will be thinking maybe everybody in d country are fools too.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2021
Theunbothered:

Because there is debt in the market US you want to replicate it?

What is the salary of an average doctor in the US compared to Nigeria, then we will talk properly.

Until then you're just talking emotional nonsense.

Idiot.

I've told you.

We don't have to pay the same wages especially because the education is far cheaper.

If it was terrible, nobody would employ them.

Nobody says you can't go abroad after.

But since your Education was subsidised, you must serve a certain number of years before you can.

Yet you dey vex.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Alexaonfleek: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2021
Lol grin

Even people who studied other courses for FRRE in this same shithole have a say in this.
Same people who if given a green card would not hesitate to leave the country.
I don't understand why it's always a problem when health workers are leaving the country but no one bats an eyelid when other people leave the country.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Parada: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2021
This is not a matter for APC.
You fools know how to insult Osibanjo Fashola Tinubu etc. This case is strictly that of Ngige a foolish Igbo man direct your foolishness to himalone.

Lordbinsmar:
angry

Ogun kill APC for turning Nigeria into a miserable shit hole where almost all its citizens are struggling to escape at the slightest opportunity.

angry

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by mizzo: 8:47am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Idiot.

I've told you.

We don't have to pay the same wages especially because the education is far cheaper.

But since your Education was subsidised, you must serve a certain number of years before you can.

Yet you dey vex.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 11, 2021
Judithjovial:
why end with sentiment, Amaechi and Femi Adesina are doing the same grin
Hahahaha! That Femi Adesina is another case ooo. Very useless boy. Find one of my articles on Adesina. He will end up like Abati. And his own will be worse. Amaechi is just a thief whose throat is digging his 6ft already. It is where money is that he puts his mouth.... But he is not a saddist like Ngige. To even think that Ngige is a doctor is what baffles me. I mean, how can one be wicked and treat his juniors with wickedness.

The health Minsiter should be the one to do this. But its Ngige the ma.d ibo man. I ended with sentiment to make Ibos tame him. A bastard son is always sent home. I am sending Ngige home. Let ibos wake up and tame this bastars son. He is annoying me. I mean....treating his younger colleagues like this? Even when the Minister of Health is not like this. What if he was in the health department? He is just only the Labor Minister and he is wicked like this? Short man devil. Yes, I am sending him home to be re-trained. And na insult we go pass to his home. Na so we dey do am for Naija. Bastard sons always bring insults to their homes. This is the case. When will send insults to Adesina's people at the right time. And we know Wike is the husband of Amaechi...so no wahala.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Theunbothered: 8:48am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Idiot.

I've told you.

Cost of education has nothing to do with wages.

Wages are a function of how much you value their work and clearly health workers in Nigeria are not valued so they leave.

This simple concept is what you can't understand.

How will this measure solve the doctor shortage?

You are just letting emotions overtake whatever small sense you have.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by mizzo: 8:49am On Nov 11, 2021
It’s not by force for doctors to stay in the country…Was he not the same person that said we have more than enough doctors
If you are a medical student or doctor or in the health sector and you are not planning to jakpa, then you are on a long thing

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:50am On Nov 11, 2021
Theunbothered:

Cost of education has nothing to do with wages.

Wages are a function of how much you value their work and clearly health workers in Nigeria are not valued so they leave.

This simple concept is what you can't understand.

How will this measure solve the doctor shortage?

You are just letting emotions overtake whatever small sense you have.

Err,it keeps you in the country longer.

Who knows after 9 years you just might not want to leave.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by SeniorGee(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2021
Is it now better to let rookies man the health sector while the experienced leave? 9 years work experience for Canada EE na 15 points oo
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Theunbothered: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Err,it keeps you in the country longer.

Who knows after 9 years you just might not want to leave.

Doctors who have been in the profession for decades are leaving.

All those interviewed at the Saudi recruitment centre were old men.

Far too many people on this forum have brains but refuse to use them.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2021
Theunbothered:

Doctors who have been in the profession for decades are leaving.

All those interviewed at the Saudi recruitment centre were old men.

Far too many people on this forum have brains but refuse to use them.

Yes, they would leave but NOT all.

Use your brain.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by blowjohn(m): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2021
See this olodo!
What is the cost of living there compared to here?
By the way, what about private schools tuition in medicine?

How much is the salary sef compared to the salaries abroad?

Why didn't he tell us how much it is to read mass communication ( 5 thousand dollars to 79 thousand dollars) theatre arts or even sociology in the UK and lets see if its not still expensive so that we also tell those studying such courses to also prepare to stay 9years before leaving the country for greener pastures!

1 Like

Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Theunbothered: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Yes, they would leave but NOT all.

Use your brain.

But how does that solve the doctor shortage
?

All this does is make an even bigger problem worse

At this point I'm not going to reply anymore because you clearly lack the mental faculties for this topic.
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by blowjohn(m): 8:58am On Nov 11, 2021
Commentor:

Idiot.

I've told you.

Yet you dey vex.

Why didn't he tell us how much it is to read mass communication ( 5 thousand dollars to 79 thousand dollars) theatre arts or even sociology in the UK and lets see if its not still expensive so that we also tell those studying such courses to also prepare to stay 9years before leaving the country for greener pastures
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by blowjohn(m): 8:58am On Nov 11, 2021
ariesbull:

Ngige is right.... We can't be training doctors for them to go practice elsewhere

It is like employing a staff and train the staff only for the staff to go to another company.... You bond the staff that is what organisations do

Why didn't he tell us how much it is to read mass communication ( 5 thousand dollars to 79 thousand dollars) theatre arts or even sociology in the UK and lets see if its not still expensive so that we also tell those studying such courses to also prepare to stay 9years before leaving the country for greener pastures
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by Commentor: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2021
Theunbothered:

But how does that solve the doctor shortage
?

All this does is make an even bigger problem worse

At this point I'm not going to reply anymore because you clearly lack the mental faculties for this topic.

Oh there's a shortage?

Why?

Too few graduating medical students?
Re: Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige by HBB1(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2021
This man is a pathetic liar.

In the UK, tuition is heavily subsidized for the British.
If you are a foreigner you pay close to 5 times what the locals are paying.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DELSU Graduate Who Went Mentally Deranged Is Now Back On His Feet / How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.