Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

FW De Klerk Dies At 85 - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / FW De Klerk Dies At 85 (27041 Views)

Stampede Erupts At Ramadan Charity Distribution In Sanaa: 85 Killed, 322 Injured / FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) / Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by grandstar(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
kenzysmith:
Their former president is 85 why our present president is 82yr old and u telling me Nigeria is moving forward

Buhari is 78 and not 82
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by OBALOLA55(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Shut up jawe
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN DUBAIangry
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by TMKsouth: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie001:

For the Speaker, very hawt cool

I've always thought she was pretty, but she's recently become very controversial. I don't know if you followed the controversy around her election to speaker a few months ago.

Did the EFF just applaud the fact that de Klerk is dead shocked? The speaker mentioned it and we saw the red berets looking clapping and looking rather delighted.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by abobote: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
MRDEE01:
RIP sir

Hello nairalanders.
I am an experienced bolt driver based in abuja.

I am looking for a partner who can provide me a car to drive on Bolt platform,either on weekly remittance or hire purchase basis.

Thank you.

How much do you balance in a month? What type car is best, and how much is the car? How can you prove you are trustworthy?
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by TMKsouth: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Oduduwa707:

Baba, please try and be realistic for once...
Without the white pple, their state of infrastructure development and all would be worse than Sudan as the guy rightly said.

You're the one who's unrealistic. Is Botswana (or even Nigeria) worse than South Sudan? The richest tribe in Africa is South African in case you didn't know - the Royal Bafokeng derived from their platinum wealth (see attachments).

https://www.nairaland.com/6491523/see-worlds-richest-tribe-african

We share the same ancestry as Botswana and have far more mineral wealth than them. So why would we be worse than South Sudan undecided You're just jealous of black South Africans.

Get a brain.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by seanjy4konji: 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
Me for one,will remember that mad man for all i been go through during his jigadist regime...i just hope i dont meet any of his children in one corner of europe later in life...
Sabadon:
Man has left his legacies, he would always be made reference to in future, but i really wonder what buhari would be remembered for
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by anambraamaka: 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
RIP
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by rita25(f): 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
DO U HAVE GUARANTORS? CALL 07062650840 ASK OF MADAM
MRDEE01:
RIP sir

Hello nairalanders.
I am an experienced bolt driver based in abuja.

I am looking for a partner who can provide me a car to drive on Bolt platform,either on weekly remittance or hire purchase basis.

Thank you.

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by fergie001: 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
I've always thought she was pretty, but she's recently become very controversial. I don't know if you followed the controversy around her election to speaker a few months ago.
We are talking about SA here not USA.
The Executive want these kinds of fraudulent people so that they'll obey everything thrown at them or their files will be opened.

If you have a Speaker without blemish, what can the Executive threaten him/her with? Nothing.

But when you have a woman who have been involved in countless scandals, from the Zuma days to the travelgate issues, to her husband been an integral member of the Executive, how can the House not be an appendage of the Exec?

She didn't learn anything from Chumani's death. I just like her beauty jareh....she has been seeing money so she is suppose to be beau grin

Did the EFF just applaud the fact that de Klerk is dead shocked? The speaker mentioned it and we saw the red berets looking clapping and looking rather delighted.
I was streaming, got tired of whatever Enoch was saying.

Just got on Twitter, and they're really attacking de Klerk. Many saying he should have answered for his crimes.

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by fergie001: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKSouth.....Pearl is angry.

Wow.....there might not be a state funeral, afterall....

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by Peaceworld(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
May his good soul rest in peace.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by BigBashiru: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
Oduduwa707:

Baba, please try and be realistic for once...
Without the white pple, their state of infrastructure development and all would be worse than Sudan as the guy rightly said.

Do you know what the whites did in South africa? Let me tell you. Around 1900 british colonists came to South africa and passed a law that 93% of land in South africa belongs to whites in the main arable lands while 7% of the land which exists in non-arable remote areas belong to blacks. Then they began to use police and soldiers to enforce the law driving them out of their land. This was the exact same thing the british colonists did to Aborigines in Canada. After that they passed laws black can't marry white backs have their own areas and can't come intowhite areas etc.

They were colonists and played zero role in South africa s economic and infrastructual development. The goal of colonization is ALWAYS enrichment of the colonizer at the expense of the colonized....

Blacks are great. I was once brainwashed like you due to foreign media that always portrays blacks badly. Blacks developed rwanda, Egypt, South Africa, Lagos State in Nigeria, Botswana, lybia, Namibia and more.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by DoctorStylish: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
RIP
One thing that’s very certain is Death.
We’ll all die one day
All die na die
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by TMKsouth: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie001:
TMKSouth.....Pearl is angry.

An offer was made for PW Botha to be granted a state funeral, but the family declined. Maybe that was even the official PR settlement with the state. I suspect the same will happen with FW - there'll be a small affair with some state involvement.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by fergie001: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
An offer was made for PW Botha to be granted a state funeral, but the family declined. Maybe that was even the official PR settlement with the state. I suspect the same will happen with FW - there'll be a small affair with some state involvement.
Better, they'll just cite COVID-19 or one reason and do it on the low....Many SAns are really not happy with him.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by middlebelter(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
All these happened before Jacob Zuma came to destroy the well-laid democratic system in SA.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by TMKsouth: 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie001:

We are talking about SA here not USA.
The Executive want these kinds of fraudulent people so that they'll obey everything thrown at them or their files will be opened.

If you have a Speaker without blemish, what can the Executive threaten him/her with? Nothing.

But when you have a woman who have been involved in countless scandals, from the Zuma days to the travelgate issues, to her husband been an integral member of the Executive, how can the House not be an appendage of the Exec?

She didn't learn anything from Chumani's death. I just like her beauty jareh....she has been seeing money so she is suppose to be beau grin

Mara kanthi wena who are u exactly grin cool You're so in tune with SA news - that's indepth knowledge of her u have right there.

The FW/EFF thing will blow over just like everything else in SA. Same uproar occurred when Botha died and his legacy was being dissected.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by Givmore(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
[quote author=Sabadon post=107521175]Man has left his legacies, he would always be made reference to in future, but i really wonder what buhari would be remembered for

Nothing except, blood letting, nepotism, banditry, and all the bad etc's
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by fergie001: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
Mara kanthi wena who are u exactly grin cool You're so in tune with SA news - that's indepth knowledge of her u have right there.

The FW/EFF thing will blow over joke everything else in SA. Same uproar occurred when Botha died and his legacy was being dissected.
Rama spoke a few minutes ago on the death.

I don't think they'll do anything different from the way Pieter's went.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by Oduduwa707: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
BigBashiru:

Do you know what the whites did in South africa? Let me tell you. Around 1900 british colonists came to South africa and passed a law that 93% of land in South africa belongs to whites in the main arable lands while 7% of the land which exists in non-arable remote areas belong to blacks. Then they began to use police and soldiers to enforce the law driving them out of their land. This was the exact same thing the british colonists did to Aborigines in Canada. After that they passed laws black can't marry white backs have their own areas and can't come intowhite areas etc.

They were colonists and played zero role in South africa s economic and infrastructual development. The goal of colonization is ALWAYS enrichment of the colonizer at the expense of the colonized....

Blacks are great. I was once brainwashed like you due to foreign media that always portrays blacks badly. Blacks developed rwanda, Egypt, South Africa, Lagos State in Nigeria, Botswana, lybia, Namibia and more.

Sir, you're absolutely very right on all your claims. I'm not arguing that.

What I'm telling you and would keep telling you is that all the development you see today in a place like South Africa is ONLY possible where true sanity and modern civilization thrives. So far, this is ONLY found among white people. Anywhere whites dominate is where you experience real development and growth.

The black man is not wired to successfully function within modern civilization. The average black man's mentality is ape-like. I know you've got lots of lessons to teach me... it's fine but, trust me, I know what I'm saying.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by TMKsouth: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie001:

Better, they'll just cite COVID-19 or one reason and do it on the low....Many SAns are really not happy with him.

Lol, the covid excuse will backfire coz they allowed campaigning for the elections. The de Klerk family is gonna read the public mood and opt for a private ceremony, in my opinion. This has a potential to turn into an embarrassment for them if they do anything larger.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by Oduduwa707: 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

You're the one who's unrealistic. Is Botswana (or even Nigeria) worse than South Sudan? The richest tribe in Africa is South African in case you didn't know - the Royal Bafokeng derived from their platinum wealth (see attachments).

We share the same ancestry as Botswana and have far more mineral wealth than them. So why would we be worse than South Sudan undecided

You're just jealous of black South Africans.

Get a brain.

Your last statement is exactly why I remain vindicated! The presence of white pple in SA made it what it is today. Black ppl aren't made to value modern civilization just like a animals can't understand civilization.

Take a goat or pig into an office and see how they'll mess it up! grin

We black pple are the scum of earth! cool

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by fergie001: 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
Lol, the covid excuse will backfire coz they allowed campaigning for the elections. The de Klerk family is gonna read the public mood and opt for a private ceremony, in my opinion. This has a potential to turn into an embarrassment for them if they do anything larger.
Hmmm....politicians have a way of saying it and makes it look better.

Here, they locked everyone in 'cos of COVID-19 and allowed everyone vote during election grin

You are very correct...It will play same way. Will Rama allow flags fly at half-mast? It is not wise for him to call for that.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie0o1:

02/02/1990:

He unbanned exile political movements, the ANC, the Pan-Africanist Congress (PAC) and the South African Communist Party (SACP). FW de Klerk also announced that Nelson Mandela would be released after 27 years in jail. Mandela was released nine days later.

FW de Klerk also announced a moratorium on the death penalty, the end of the state of emergency – which had been in place for five years. The speech would lay the ground for the country's first democratic elections, which took place place four years later in April 1994.

Hearse leaves the home of FW de Klerk this morning @ Cape town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiZour-dtYA

I wonder if he didn't come to regret some of his actions?

ANC is messing SA up as we speak.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by BigBashiru: 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
Oduduwa707:

Sir, you're absolutely very right on all your claims. I'm not arguing that.

What I'm telling you and would keep telling you is that all the development you see today in a place like South Africa is ONLY possible where true sanity and modern civilization thrives. So far, this is ONLY found among white people. Anywhere whites dominate is where you experience real development and growth.

The black man is not wired to successfully function within modern civilization. The average black man's mentality is ape-like. I know you've got lots of lessons to teach me... it's fine but, trust me, I know what I'm saying.

At the bolded it's not true.... the Hans people in China dominate China and in China, you have progress and development....same in the middle east anywhere you see Saudi princes you see progress and development. Also in Nigeria anywhere you see Yoruba and igbos you see progress and development.

you have been brainwashed.... in the 19th and 20th centuries, western Europe embarked on a campaign to brand Africans subhuman and you are a victim of that campaign....

Realize that you are the treasure. France once claimed Algeria is part of France lol....

Development in africa has been stalled by colonial influence which continues to this day and has nothing to do with white presence.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by TMKsouth: 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie001:

Hmmm....politicians have a way of saying it and makes it look better.

Here, they locked everyone in 'cos of COVID-19 and allowed everyone vote during election grin

You are very correct...It will play same way. Will Rama allow flags fly at half-mast? It is not wise for him to call for that.

Botha got that honour so I guess de Klerk will too. But the youth weren't as woke back in 2006 - and the EFF didn't exist. So Rama has to take that into account.

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by Skepticus: 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

We share the same ancestry as Botswana and have far more mineral wealth than them. So why would we be worse than South Sudan undecided You're just jealous of black South Africans.

Get a brain.

Botswana? Via the Tswana/Venda folks. I'm just curious.

I know you to be Zulu. What happened to your cousins in Zimbabwe (Northern Ndebeles)?
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by TMKsouth: 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
Skepticus:

Botswana? Via the Tswana/Venda folks. I'm just curious.

I know you to be Zulu. What happened to your cousins in Zimbabwe (Northern Ndebeles)?

I'm a South African Tswana and Sotho (as in Botswana and Lesotho).

There are twice or three times more SA Tswanas and Sothos than the populations of those countries.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by planetx: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:
Don't know how I feel about this as a black South African. But he definitely took very bold moves to dismantle apartheid - even though apartheid had become unsustainable under massive international pressure and the state had become bankrupt - some say he had no choice. He also needed to account for the black on black violence that ensued during the transition period, believed to have been orchestrated by the outgoing apartheid state.

And he remained quite controversial to his death.

Anyway, RIP - that's Ubuntu - we don't speak ill of the dead in Africa.
Is it true what I hear some white people says on YouTube that you black South Africans missed the apartheid era due to the insecurity and economic hardship plaguing the current post apartheid South Africa.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by fergie001: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

Botha got that honour so I guess de Klerk will too. But the youth weren't as woke back in 2006 - and the EFF didn't exist. So Rama has to take that into account.
Yap....that was Thabo.....my man cheesy grin (liked him for no reason).
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by Skepticus: 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm a South African Tswana and Sotho (as in Botswana and Lesotho).

There are twice or three times more SA Tswanas and Sothos than the populations of those countries.

Okay. I thought you were Zulu.

The "Mara kanthi Wena" gave you out, though. Venda/Tswanas use that term a lot.
Re: FW De Klerk Dies At 85 by TMKsouth: 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie001:

Yap....that was Thabo.....my man cheesy grin (liked him for no reason).

Best SA president economically and strategically cool

Ramaphosa is unfortunate in that he inherited an absolute mess from thieves that still sit in his cabinet and are sabotaging him. He was Mandela's pick for a successor instead of Mbeki so that should tell u something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Morgan Freeman Mistaken For Nelson Mandela On Billboard In India / Donald Trump Announces 2024 Re-Election Run For President / Hamas Tells Gaza Residents To Ignore IDF's Call To Leave Homes, Evacuate South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.