Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members (6727 Views)

Tribunal Ruling: APC Now Has 20 House Members, PDP 11 In Rivers State's Assembly / AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries / 49 House Members Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by umechuma: 2:10am On Jun 07, 2011
In a statement released on Sunday, Mr Bankole issued the first authoritative confirmation of an intimidating payroll which the outgoing lawmakers approved for themselves alongside the Senate in 2010.

Mr Bankole said the loan was not a personal facility but was sourced on the directive of the House to foot the large increment in quarterly allowances approved for each member.

He said the directive was reached by a 37-member committee and endorsed by an executive session of the house.

However, as Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively, Mr Bankole and Usman Nafada, were not part of the proceeds from the loan since they already earned a whopping N100 million and N80 million quarterly each, the statement signed by Media Aide to Mr Bankole, Idowu Bakare said.

"Before the increment quarterly allowance to the office of the Speaker was N100million while his deputy received N80 million. The loan in question was distributed among other principal officers and the remaining members of the House," the statement read.

All feed fat

In the distribution as shown in the statement, Mr Bankole and Mr Nafada's allowances remained at their initial N100 million and N80 million respectively, while those of the House Leaders rose from N46 million to N60 million.

The Deputy Leader took N57 million instead of the former N43 million while the Chief Whip took N55 million instead of the initial N41 million.

The deputy Whip received N54.5 million instead of N40.5 million and the Minority Whip took N50 million from N36 million.

Other members, including the members of the so-called Progressives, led by Dino Melaye, who claimed the loan was not known to the House, collected N42 million instead of N28 million.

In all, the differential of N14 million each for the 360 members, except for the Speaker and the Deputy, accounted for N5.012 billion and for two quarters which the loans were drawn, the amount became N10.024 billion with interest, the former speaker claimed.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5711346-146/story.csp
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by Blazay(m): 3:28am On Jun 07, 2011
Ndi Yoruba di kwa egwu o! cheesy

Dem go dey shout 'you be h-amu robber'. . .'catch am catch am. . .tiefu tiefu'! cheesy

See money.

Ibori no chop reassssh dis wan o!

If dem shia dis wan. . .wetin dey for dem foreign accounts?

Juss h-askin'!
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by akunta(f): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2011
All this millions millions i am seeing here is begining 2 get me dizzy?
so, these people earn dis much and still more than majority live in poverty?
God Save n Bless Nigeria, Amen!
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2011
International theif theifs!  angry  angry
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by Ibomade1: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2011
Nah !!!
This figures can't be right. They are just too much.
Prof Pat Utomi seem to be on point that this democracy is too expensive for Nigeria.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by jify(f): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2011
na wa o, so now we dont av important tins 2 collect loan for, but 4 increment of allowances for veeery veery unuseful set of people. God save us. 100 million, 80million, not even 10million 4 any1 of them
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by Ejiogbe(m): 11:52am On Jun 07, 2011
Those figures are really making feel dizzy and embarrassed.Somebody, please help.
Little wonder Nigeria is moving one step forward and five steps backwards. cry
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by MMM2(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2011
God have mercy.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by clem2love(m): 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2011
may God delever us from the hands of the evil old fools who refuse to die that the young may live.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by WilyWily12: 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2011
M M M:

God have mercy.
Why God have mercy, is Bankole not a Yorubaman.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by VEE2010(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
I can now understand why the so-called parliamentarians cannot restore hope to the hopeless. Can you imagine the million upon millions mentioned here in a country where the vast majority continues to facilitate within the exorbitant enthusiasm and irritational irritability. A country where the microscopic few that have piloted the affairs of this country lives in pleasantry luxury and protracted solicitude. I rest my case.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by oludashmi(f): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2011
umechuma:

In a statement released on Sunday, Mr Bankole issued the first authoritative confirmation of an intimidating payroll which the outgoing lawmakers approved for themselves alongside the Senate in 2010.

Mr Bankole said the loan was not a personal facility but was sourced on the directive of the House to foot the large increment in quarterly allowances approved for each member.

He said the directive was reached by a 37-member committee and endorsed by an executive session of the house.

However, as Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively, Mr Bankole and Usman Nafada, were not part of the proceeds from the loan since they already earned a whopping N100 million and N80 million quarterly each, the statement signed by Media Aide to Mr Bankole, Idowu Bakare said.

"Before the increment quarterly allowance to the office of the Speaker was N100million while his deputy received N80 million. The loan in question was distributed among other principal officers and the remaining members of the House," the statement read.

All feed fat

In the distribution as shown in the statement, Mr Bankole and Mr Nafada's allowances remained at their initial N100 million and N80 million respectively, while those of the House Leaders rose from N46 million to N60 million.

The Deputy Leader took N57 million instead of the former N43 million while the Chief Whip took N55 million instead of the initial N41 million.

The deputy Whip received N54.5 million instead of N40.5 million and the Minority Whip took N50 million from N36 million.

Other members, including the members of the so-called Progressives, led by Dino Melaye, who claimed the loan was not known to the House, collected N42 million instead of N28 million.

In all, the differential of N14 million each for the 360 members, except for the Speaker and the Deputy, accounted for N5.012 billion and for two quarters which the loans were drawn, the amount became N10.024 billion with interest, the former speaker claimed.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5711346-146/story.csp

Hmmn. . .Only in Nigeria
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by Natasha2(f): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2011
chineke ,  just millions millions millions   shocked shocked shocked gosh these people are too greedy jeez and there's still an alarming rate of poverty? if I have that kind of money I won't even think of fraud any more  undecided but these old greedy bastards are not tired  angry angry angry
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by islamrules(m): 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Blazay, you are a rasict. What has Yoruba, Ibo done to do with this issue? Bankole is a criminal, we all know that.
Why do Ibo people like to point fingers ?
No wonder why Hausa people kill them daily
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by oromune: 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2011
It is a pity that an average civil servant cannot boast of that sum after 35 years of service but see what oga speaker received quaterly
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by Natasha2(f): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
@islamrules that was rather harsh I'm not in support of it though I just don';t get why some people are backward when a crime is committed the first thing they ask is is the guy Yoruba or Igbo? Jeez now tell me why our leaders won't loot our money  undecided ?
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by mallorca(m): 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
who will set us free from this Armed Robbers?
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
Nigeria is getting r a p e d daily or should i say quarterly by their leaders and yet we smile while suffering. A change can only be implemented by taking to the streets like they did in Egypt! But who wants to start it?
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by BigB11(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2011
I do.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by niviso: 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
Bankole is a young naija man,  Is he not less than forty yrs? It simply tells us that we are in trouble in this country. Imagine that whooping sum as a quarterly allowance. Make God save me from high blood pressure from this kind news. When I can barely feed my family of 4. What a world? cry cry cry
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by JAZES(m): 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
Na wa o for naija ooo
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by JAZES(m): 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2011
Na wa o for naija ooo
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by Skii(m): 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked

O BooooYYY

See money

These guys are making money??

Who says politics does not pay?
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by LadyT(f): 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
Wilywily shut up with your tribal crap they are ALL at it not just yorubas! Ode oshi

They are paid this amount every 3 months  shocked

Sweet Jesus what for?  What job are they doing that means they need to be paid this disgusting amount of money?

People struggle to eat
Theres no light
Theres no proper healthcare
Armrobbers are stealing the little people have

And some fat greedy idiots are sitting there eating millions!

May all all these oles never know peace.

They dont need prison sell ALL their personal belongings and give them pure water to go and sell so they can eat!
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by soulmate09: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
I pray the God of Justice that sees the heart of suffering Nigerians like our numerous beggers, widows ,children that cant Go to school cos no fees. Reign Curses on these people and anyone who benifited from this money, Nigeria what a shame. 100 million per quater.makes me wonder wat d senators go home with, GOD WILL SURELY PURNISH EM ALL. no wonder people can kill to get to these positions. Yes this Democrazy is tooooooooooo expensive
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by playboy19(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
[WilyWily:

The only way is to cut off the head of the leader others robbers will flee, Yorubas are known as the Champions of Corruption. Thank God Nigerians have rejected them by stopping them from having Leadership positions.

Exposure is good. Naivety is a disease. All these ediot yoruba and igbo guys keep pointing fingers to each other while the main corrupt bastards, sit and laugh at them.

Whatever a yoruba or igbo man embezzle is just a fraction of what an hausa man is sitting on.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by deevick246(m): 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
So that means Dimeji Bankole  i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ not part of †ђε said 10 billion sharing.But this money  i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ just †☺☺ much.What even necessitated †ђε increment in their allowances
Nigeria will be great someday.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by playboy19(m): 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
The N10 Billion no be anything self, let him explain the $1B issue. Abi dem no go talk about ham again as one person from the state house hint us?
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by kshow1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2011
I dove my hat for nigerian politics,
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by playmode(m): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2011
I swear if had the resources/funding ,i  will set up a specialized guerrilla force that will be kidnapping these politicians one by one.I will torture them until they transfer their stolen wealth to my offshore account,seize their assets ,kill them and dump their bodies in front of the house of assembly.

I won't stop until the FG meets my demands to reduce their salaries to N200,000 per month  angry
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by oladayo042: 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^^ @ your own risk.

@Topic
All I can see in the story is millions and billions. Indeed, the cost of our "democracy" is gargantuan.
Re: How Bankole Shared N10 Billion Among House Members by KDULAR: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2011
I'm really getting dizzy!! shocked. Why would n't they kill to get there!!! and common 18k was so difficult ti implement for the majority shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... / Salary: Ondo Workers Threaten To Begin Strike On Tuesday / 2,800 PDP Members Defect To APC In Katsina.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.