Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. (719 Views)

Help Review 2008 Sienna Awd / Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday / Please I Need Help My 2008 Cadillac Escalade Is Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by amaglobal: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
I have a foreign used 2008 TOYOTA sienna AWD. The problem I have with it is that the engine goes off whenever I shift the gear from park to drive, something the tachometer will drop from 2 to below 1. I already changed the injector mouth, I tried a new brain box, but the problem still persists.

Is there anyone here that has experienced similar issues before? Please help a brother out.

NB. Apart from that, the car drives smoothly and the selection is excellent.
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by amaglobal: 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
amaglobal:
I have a foreign used 2008 TOYOTA sienna AWD. The problem I have with it is that the engine goes off whenever I shift the gear from park to drive, something the tachometer will drop from 2 to below 1. I already changed the injector mouth, I tried a new brain box, but the problem still persists.

Is there anyone here that has experienced similar issues before? Please help a brother out.

Help needed urgently.
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by gasparpisciotta: 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
amaglobal:

Take it for scanning
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by Olayetan(m): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
Facing this with my Corolla, my engr. just collected money for injector nozzle and still suspecting fuel pump.

Gazzuzz,
Pls what do you think about this problem.
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by Dozieson(m): 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
go and buy car scanner from jiji or jumia to always scan your car. know the fault before doing any repairs

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by demolagilbert: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
I sell scanners everyone. By now, peeps ought to know scanning is the first step when things go haywire with your car

1 Like

Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by Twob: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
amaglobal:

We need to scan the vehicle first, that will pull out some DTC codes that give a specific direction of where to touch or what to change. Meanwhile, if u are interested in that and stays in Lagos, I can do that for you
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by Twob: 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

Facing this with my Corolla, my engr. just collected money for injector nozzle and still suspecting fuel pump.

Gazzuzz,
Pls what do you think about this problem.

Scan is needed first

1 Like

Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by Olayetan(m): 6:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
Twob:

We need to scan the vehicle first, that will pull out some DTC codes that give a specific direction of where to touch or what to change. Meanwhile, if u are interested in that and stays in Lagos, I can do that for you

Where's your office in Lagos and how much do you charge for scanning.
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by amaglobal: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
amaglobal:

I’ve done the scanning several times, and the only thing the scanner complained was one of the coil which was later changed. Presently check engine light is not even ON, but the problem still persist. Someone says it’s from the gear, but I want to be sure before taking further actions.
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by Dozieson(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
amaglobal:
I’ve done the scanning several times, and the only thing the scanner complained was one of the coil which was later changed. Presently check engine light is not even ON, but the problem still persist. Someone says it’s from the gear, but I want to be sure before taking further actions.

Share the code first. Scan does not complain about coil or anything but codes. Codes could mean many things
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by alphabbey1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
amaglobal:

Take it to Elizade
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2021
amaglobal:

transmission Related fault.
Re: Help Needed For My 2008 TOYOTA Sienna AWD. by Olayetan(m): 9:17am On Nov 19, 2021
Pls, ask your mechanic to check the engine censor before you tamper with the transmission.

amaglobal.

(1) (Reply)

Any Genuine Seller Of Mobil 1 Engine Oil? / Clean Toyota Camry 2008 / Exhaust Net..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.