Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? (24250 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by moscobabs(m): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
tongue
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by DropsMic(m): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Following
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Anaerobi(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Because they are cooperate theives

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Omicron007: 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
How many cars on the road are actually road-worthy?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by gassbee: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Those guys are more deadly than boko haram

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Shellsploit: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Na who get "Brake" dey stop for VIO!

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by abobote: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Even Abuja drivers
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
I dey see them in Asaba. Na accelerate ahead, I don't stop for them
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Write4me(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Just wait until dem catch you..
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by lexy2014: 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
NarcissistKing:

They are doing their job. That's how things should be.

What job is it that they are doing?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by friday2011(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
You see VIO and FRSC, na twins dem be. Dem no dey carry gun but Nigerian drivers fear them more than all the security agencies in Nigeria herself.

They are very mean, they don't respect age, they don't have pity for a woman in labour or someone in critical condition. They don't care, what they're after is to dig a very large pothole in your pocket that has already made sinkhole in it before.

They are the devil we see with our koro-koro eyes.

If you're a VIO or FRSC personnel reading this, always have it in mind that HEAVEN IS FAR FROM YOU.

FRSC are far far better than VIO...I leave in Lagos and I am constantly on the road, apart from the reasonably low fines of #2k, #3k , FRSC officials are very human, it all depends on how you relate with them. Yoruba will say "Pele o lako, o de tun labo"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Sultty(m): 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
if u are a VIO officer on this forum or u know one kindly say ur last prayer. U see that one that u stand in my front just to force me to stop will never happen. If u like stay on a bad portion of d road. Walahi I will jamb u. Even when u reach hell Satan will jamb u join

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Bigfish121(m): 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
When I enter Abuja last week na so them full everywhere.Them dey worry well well
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by mkoabiola: 9:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
I don't stop for them

E get why

Never
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Lanretoye(m): 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
Those people can tell u that your brake light has expired.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by raphy(m): 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
I de read comment laugh wan kill me

E be like say the VIO PPL don show the poster peper so Tay he com de open the book of Lamentations to give us to read.

But Lagos driver's no de hear word .
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by mkoabiola: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
But there is a court judgement /verdict that stops vio from arresting motorists.

But the judgement is not obeyed til today

Na 9ja we de

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by King44(m): 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
cayorday89:

It's good to know they are doing their job, but the question is are they not going out of the way, or beyond what they are meant to do, with the way people commented about them above, you can imagine their high handedness especially when you factor in the Nigerian angle.
High handedness is needed in lagos, Logosians get werey
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Sammy07: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
izzou:

I can see Roofing sheets on top of your van

And you windshield is over-cracked

That one is enough for Lagos VIO to ruin your day

grin grin

Lol, at least he go pay 30k sure
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by luluman: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
legendgalas:
Evil men

VIO catch me around Agbowa, ikorodu Lagos...
My car seized,
Bank don close to pay the fine
Slept in a hotel because no place to sleep
Next day, i spent over #50k with much delays.

Fear those men oooo
You have not stated your offence. Why fear if you haven't committed?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Petacephas: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Those clawns. Me I just d pass them like Passat. Make them try am naa touch my car them go know that day say my years in the barracks no be beans. To be serious those guyz have no business on the roads. Road safety is understanding but vio, for what? Their primary duty is issuance of vehicle papers after inspection of your vehicle at their office. You see them coming out on the roads even on Saturday just for their pockets. The government must do something about this nonsense. Anyway they know who them fit touch no be us. Useless idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by YeyeBoyfriend: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Conwarden:

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!
Mr man rest
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by confirmerg(m): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
If VIO catch u once, u will wish them death. If they stop u on the road problem, or else they just wish to let u go because they have over 100 offense in their list to nail u.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by buJu234: 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
please what are the documents that VIO is looking for?
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by somehow: 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
pocohantas:

Pray not to encounter them. Even after a year, you will be feeling very violated and angry. Whenever you remember it, you would fight back tears. No jokes.

Some people deserve it because Lagosians are very stubborn. They drive oneway and disregard traffic lights.

But what of their attitude of setting trap for people? Removing one way and no U-turn signs. They have even advanced to buying traveling boxes and standing where drivers can’t stop to book Uber rides. Any driver that makes the mistake of stopping there to pick them ehn…grin
You are refering to LASTMA

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by pocohantas(f): 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
somehow:

You are refering to LASTMA

Hahaha. True o, I didn’t realize that.

All of them are wicked sha.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by pekisdgee(m): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
no worry your body go body go tell u if them hold you...
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Cyoung4real(m): 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
Timagex:
To buy car for naija na stress on its own.

Police will not be happy that, as a young man, you are doing well. FRSC and VIO will make sure you feel their heat. Car thieves go dey eye you small small...

ME THAT WANTS TO BUY BENZ AND CUSTOMIZE THE PLATE NUMBER WITH "FOTO", BEING A PHOTOGRAPHER. cool grin

I will do it. Can I get an Amen? cool smiley

Foto? No be juju be that? Eh grin grin
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by musicwriter(m): 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

VIO and FRSC are almost same thing, the only difference is that VIO came our from their mother's womb first before FRSC in the labour room.

Honestly, Lagos VIO people must be heavenly people if they fine's you just 20k, Onitsha VIO operate on the same frequency devil operates.

Onitsha VIO will fine you as if you're the one that advised Pontious Pilate to kill Jesus Christ or you're the one that advised Eve to eat that apple in the garden of Eden.

Satan did the right thing. You'll realize that when you understand that the Adam and Eve story is an allegory not a real event. Satan and Christ are one and the same thing metaphorically speaking. For details, see what's Satan? What's Lucifer? https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by thatigboman1: 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
NarcissistKing:

They are doing their job. That's how things should be.
there is a court judgement that VIOs are not supposed to be on the road.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Ekpekus(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
If your papers are complete, and other necessary stuff required by law to operate a car is complete and up-to-date, then you have no problem with VIO.
From comments here, I believe if all law enforcement agencies do what VIO is doing, 9ja go better small.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model / Picture Of A Car In A Cage / Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.