Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? (24257 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Incognito403: 6:36am On Nov 12, 2021
NarcissistKing:

They are doing their job. That's how things should be.
Which crazy job are they doing?

They leave public transport vehicles loaded with passengers but harass private cars because the former bribe them on steady.

Isn't it nonsensical to leave someone who has less than 20% vehicle requirements to walk freely while you harass someone for not fulfilling just 5%?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Incognito403: 6:37am On Nov 12, 2021
Omicron007:
How many cars on the road are actually road-worthy?
How many roads in Nigeria are actually vehicle worthy?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by mayzee: 6:37am On Nov 12, 2021
greymiles:

Is it only commercial vehicle they stop?
Cuz I haven’t experienced them, neither does anyone close to me

They do not stop commercial vehicles
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Timagex(m): 6:45am On Nov 12, 2021
Cyoung4real:

Foto? No be juju be that? Eh grin grin

grin. The thought of it scares me a bit, but, I will do it. cheesy
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by UCyril: 6:49am On Nov 12, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

Which work abeg?

God's work, government's work or the one they created by themselves??
government work, no traffic officer will arrest you if you didn't commit traffic offence. People pay for traffic offences in developed countries

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by DeRichard(m): 7:16am On Nov 12, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Why do drivers in Lagos fear these men in black and white so much? Some drivers will even attempt to make u-turn once they see them in front

Please, what does VIO officials really want it check?
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by DeRichard(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2021
nedman77:
Funny enough, i mistakenly ran into VIO officers last week in Ojodu berger (Odozi street where they hide just before the bend towards berger market) and i couldn't reverse or run away, i practically ran into their trap. They checked my car papers which was up to date and my driving licence which was equally up to date, i was wearing my seat belt, everything was in place, i didn't panic, i just slowed down when they stopped me and after all these checks, they allowed me to go... was surprised, spent less than 5 minutes, but they can be terrible as i heard, maybe i was lucky or maybe i had nothing to fear as my particulars were ok.

Please what are the required documents one must have?
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by alphaNomega: 7:31am On Nov 12, 2021
izzou:

Cracked rear or front lights

Cracked windshield

Not having a hackney permit if it's a car on Uber (even though your plates are Blue coloured)

The list is endless

How is a cracked light or windshield something to be fined for?
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by alphaNomega: 7:32am On Nov 12, 2021
izzou:

I can see Roofing sheets on top of your van

And you windshield is over-cracked

That one is enough for Lagos VIO to ruin your day

grin grin
Okay, so how is this cracked windshield a problem?
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by alphaNomega: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2021
lexy2014:

What job is it that they are doing?
Extortion
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Owologbo(m): 7:34am On Nov 12, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Why do drivers in Lagos fear these men in black and white so much? Some drivers will even attempt to make u-turn once they see them in front

the only uniform men drivers respect.
Then, followed by agbero.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by chiefobdk2: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2021
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by KINGKONG(m): 7:42am On Nov 12, 2021
Anytime you see VIO on the road, you have every right to run them over with your vehicle because they are an illegal entity on the road and can be mistaken as bandit, there's a final judgement from court declaring their road checks illegal......

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by hisexcellency34: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2021
That place is their major hideout in Lagos plus frsc and lastma
nedman77:
Funny enough, i mistakenly ran into VIO officers last week in Ojodu berger (Odozi street where they hide just before the bend towards berger market) and i couldn't reverse or run away, i practically ran into their trap. They checked my car papers which was up to date and my driving licence which was equally up to date, i was wearing my seat belt, everything was in place, i didn't panic, i just slowed down when they stopped me and after all these checks, they allowed me to go... was surprised, spent less than 5 minutes, but they can be terrible as i heard, maybe i was lucky or maybe i had nothing to fear as my particulars were ok.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by KINGKONG(m): 7:48am On Nov 12, 2021
mayzee:
VIO in Lagos are bastards. I hope you never get caught. Cheapest fine is 20k.
No Drivers license 20k,
no insurance 20k,
no road worthiness 20k, etc
When they add all, if it your total is 100k tell me how you want to recover your vehicle even two days after and you will pay demurrage depending on how long. BASTARDS.
You never see them stop commercial vehicles or bike riders ( some obvious violators). Once you car is good looking and you clean up, you are bleeped.
Long and short is none of them will make heaven.
I will never forget Gov Ambode, during his tenure he banned them from the streets of Lagos as he too knew they were devils. Sanwoolu messed up by bringing them back.

VIO checks on the road is illegal....... I was stopped by one of them 2 weeks ago and he wanted to bring one issue like (Your Brake light don crack) I come tell am (If Dem born you well tell me to pay fine, na me and you go Waka go court now now)

Na so Dem tell me (Abeg weré dey go your way)

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by alphaNomega: 7:49am On Nov 12, 2021
Mcreloaded:
After reading these comments I now understand why VIO don't and cannot operate in Edo state.

Good news!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Besto(m): 7:52am On Nov 12, 2021
sotomayor:
story, millitary people don't put millitary stickers on there cars...
werey way dey disguise..
Till millitary police catch you

Yeye dey smell.
Come barracks come see stickers wey full cars.

I dey wait you and the military police.

Bloody civilian.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Yxxx: 8:01am On Nov 12, 2021
End VIO and FRSC may hold soon.
The water dey kettle e go soon boil.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by SunTzu123(m): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2021
An Afghan proverb: "there's no how you will look inside anus and you will not see poopoo". grin grin

That's the reason why. Those guys will always find a reason to book you. No matter how up to date your documents are.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by booblacain(m): 8:34am On Nov 12, 2021
revived:
I hate these mofos

They don't ever stop me cuz all my papers are complete

If your papers gat no issue you don't have business with them

since you have confirmed yourself that they are not doing anything illegal, why then do you hate them?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by hisexcellency34: 9:21am On Nov 12, 2021
I wonder ooo and they have never stopped him
booblacain:

since you have confirmed yourself that they are not doing anything illegal, why then do you hate them?
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by MikkieEl: 10:50am On Nov 12, 2021
hisexcellency34:

Who brought these people back to Lagos roads?! angry
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Petacephas: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2021
Guy u lie here. Me I get my own double in front. My sticker is my badge and identity. I don't have to tell u if u know your job. Once a reasonable vio man sees me he should know who I am if he has been trained well. Anyway, the only agency of government I recognize on the road is FRSC. Bio has no business standing on the roads. Anyway, they know people wey dem fit do anyhow. Yeye people. Though my papers are intact but I will never stop to talk with any vio cos we no be mate. I wount break law because am a force man but don't stand in my way.
sotomayor:
werey way dey disguise..
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by mediainc: 10:55am On Nov 12, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
You see VIO and FRSC, na twins dem be. Dem no dey carry gun but Nigerian drivers fear them more than all the security agencies in Nigeria herself.

They are very mean, they don't respect age, they don't have pity for a woman in labour or someone in critical condition. They don't care, what they're after is to dig a very large pothole in your pocket that has already made sinkhole in it before.

They are the devil we see with our koro-koro eyes.

If you're a VIO or FRSC personnel reading this, always have it in mind that HEAVEN IS FAR FROM YOU.
But I think they are doing their jobs, to keep us safe on the roads, sometimes negligence of a driver can cause casualties on the road. For Nigeria to develop and work we need strong institutions. Can you bribe police or traffic officer in Uk cheesy
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Oteikwu1(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2021
Descendant of devil very devilish ppl
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by vikgreen01(m): 10:57am On Nov 12, 2021
Besto:

Impossible.. I drive pass them.

Once them see my sticker for car, then go just salute, give way.

grin
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by vikgreen01(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2021
sotomayor:
werey way dey disguise..

I have seen military stickers on car belonging to military personnel. Those that doesn’t have stickers fixed on their car has a carmo cap placed on the dashboard.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Prophet777: 11:27am On Nov 12, 2021
Which cursed job are you talking about? the job of looking for a fault at all cost in order to milk an innocent drivers? The job of asking you to give a bribe of N25k just because your fire extinguisher is expiring on the same day they stopped you on the road, when they can't find any fault? Anyhow! Anyhow!! They must find a fault even if the car is a brand new car.
NarcissistKing:

They are doing their job. That's how things should be.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Besto(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2021
Petacephas:
Guy u lie here. Me I get my own double in front. My sticker is my badge and identity. I don't have to tell u if u know your job. Once a reasonable vio man sees me he should know who I am if he has been trained well. Anyway, the only agency of government I recognize on the road is FRSC. Bio has no business standing on the roads. Anyway, they know people wey dem fit do anyhow. Yeye people. Though my papers are intact but I will never stop to talk with any vio cos we no be mate. I wount break law because am a force man but don't stand in my way.

Don't mind the clown
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Besto(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2021
vikgreen01:

I have seen military stickers on car belonging to military personnel. Those that doesn’t have stickers fixed on their car has a carmo cap placed on the dashboard.

You dey mind the bloody civilian that doesn't have no ot.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by sotomayor: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2021
vikgreen01:

belonging not the one they drive.
There is a prohibition due to security reasons , check it online.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Besto(m): 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
sotomayor:
belonging not the one they drive.
There is a prohibition due to security reasons , check it online.

You think Lagos is borno.

You really got no idea about what you are arguing on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model / Picture Of A Car In A Cage / Permit For Factory Tinted Glass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.