Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? (24298 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by sotomayor: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
Besto:

You think Lagos is borno.

You really got no idea about what you are arguing on.
Google is your friend, I stayed in naval base, and navy quarters. For once I have never seen a officer use stickers for their car.
It's usually on just their wife's car
Whats the essence of proving what you are..
Be claiming force man, till the day military police go stop you to identify yourself
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Besto(m): 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
sotomayor:
Google is your friend, I stayed in naval base, and navy quarters. For once I have never seen a officer use stickers for their car.
It's usually on just their wife's car
Whats the essence of proving what you are..
Be claiming force man, till the day military police go stop you to identify yourself

Naval base is now a residential area.

You stayed in a naval base indeed.

Next thing you will cap is military people don't wear thier uniforms when they are drive thier personal cars to work.

SMH.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by shegsrules(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
vikgreen01:

Do u mean them go catch army officer Nd still obtain him
So far he is not wearing his uniform. No excuse and once your car enter dey premises you must pay O
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by streetsoldier1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
NarcissistKing:

So they would shoot a Federal staff? undecided

federal staff na human beign, so knowing that citizens are armed will reset their brains and not set unnessary trap
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by labisibrass(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Besto:

You think Lagos is borno.

You really got no idea about what you are arguing on.
You should be equally aware that he knows what he's talking about. There's a signal in respect of that. Bornu or Lagos doesn't matter.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Besto(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
labisibrass:

You should be equally aware that he knows what he's talking about. There's a signal in respect of that. Bornu or Lagos doesn't matter.

Staying anonymous is a matter of choice and personal safety.

No Np, Ap, or Mp would stop a force personnel for unnecessary questioning because of the force emblem or your unit badge on your car.

Least they always do is trying to identify with you, once you identify, they just salute you and you carry on sharply

I have gone through service so I'm pretty sure of what I'm saying.

He should enter any barracks close to him for confirmation of what he is disputing.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by lordally(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mcreloaded:
After reading these comments I now understand why VIO don't and cannot operate in Edo state.

Why can't they operate in EDO state Lols
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Mcreloaded(m): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
lordally:

Why can't they operate in EDO state Lols

Everyone get 2 head, maybe if VIO is allowed to carry gun like police then there will be mutual respect between boys and Vio.

Omo benin boys no dey make noise, if them cast rain even if na for dry season the rain must fall.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by labisibrass(m): 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
Besto:

Staying anonymous is a matter of choice and personal safety.

No Np, Ap, or Mp would stop a force personnel for unnecessary questioning because of the force emblem or your unit badge on your car.

Least they always do is trying to identify with you, once you identify, they just salute you and you carry on sharply

I have gone through service so I'm pretty sure of what I'm saying.

He should enter any barracks close to him for confirmation of what he is disputing.

Ok
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by sotomayor: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Besto:

Naval base is now a residential area.

You stayed in a naval base indeed.

Next thing you will cap is military people don't wear thier uniforms when they are drive thier personal cars to work.

SMH.
Yes there is residential area for officers family In a base.
Go to pathfinder base in Port Harcourt.
My father is a commodore in the navy.
We don't stay there anymore.
Abeg carry your wahala dey go.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by NarcissistKing(m): 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
sulaak:

It's obvious that the average Nigerians are not law-abiding, corrupt and incompetent, when they are faced with a competent system such as the VIO their first approach is to complain, then pay bribes and if that doesn't work destroy the system. In the Western world, you must have your MOT, road tax, car insurance and roadworthy car before you drive on the roads that are funded by the taxpayer.

Nigerians are the cause of their own misfortune.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by NarcissistKing(m): 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Lightorder:
fix the roads and fix things that lead people into the temptation of breaking the law. Nigeria law enforcers pray that you default. They hate it when you keep the law. This is not what is obtainable in other climes

Even if the roads are fixed, an average Nigerian is a defaulter by default.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Besto(m): 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
sotomayor:

Yes there is residential area for officers family In a base.
Go to pathfinder base in Port Harcourt.
My father is a commodore in the navy.
We don't stay there anymore.
Abeg carry your wahala dey go.

So naval police will arrest your dad for having the navy emblem in his personal car.

You know next to nothing.
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by Lightorder: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
NarcissistKing:

Even if the roads are fixed, an average Nigerian is a defaulter by default.
long-age bad governance made Nigerians defaulters by default. . Suffering affects one’s psyche. When people are deprived of basic things, they find mostly negative ways to circumvent the system. When this persists for a long while, it becomes their way of life
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by OmoEpe(m): 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
paddock:
. After confirming all your documents they will ask you for First Aid box

Not in Lagos
Re: Why Do Lagos Drivers Fear VIO Officials So Much? by cunny88(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2021
Ekpekus:
If your papers are complete, and other necessary stuff required by law to operate a car is complete and up-to-date, then you have no problem with VIO.
From comments here, I believe if all law enforcement agencies do what VIO is doing, 9ja go better small.
why don't they go afta the numerous rickety vehicles and trucks dat are menace to our roads than trying to milk hardworking Nigerians. I had to pay a 20k fine cos dey insisted my d/l wasn't clear enough for them to see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council / Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars / Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.