Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? (39435 Views)

Indonesian Man Who Sprays Insecticide Into His Mouth While Dancing Topless Dies / Man Raises Alarm After Buying "Not For Sale" USAID Donated Mosquito Net At Lekki / Irene Onwuka Foundation Distributes 2000 Treated Mosquito Nets To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by walyx(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Hell no...

Mosquito nets are for kids and baby girls

You don't expect a real niggarr to fold up under Mosquito net like a pussy

Lolzzz.. ooosheyy.......!
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Cmanforall: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
wunmi590:

You made me remember my landlady when I served in Akwa ibim 10years ago....

I gave her 2 mosquitoe net, she used it to cover her water leaf from chicken and insect to destroycheesy
grin
Seems people don't really use it fir what it's meant for
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by waaclef(m): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
For mostly young people who aren't married yet, they won't understand the importance of using insecticide treated net. until you have a wife and she probably gets pregnant and subsequently the kids starts coming.

You tend to spend alot of time and money treating malaria. Mosquitoe net is a must in my home.

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by wunmi590(m): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Cmanforall:
grin
Seems people don't really use it fir what it's meant for

I was choked, coming back from my PPA and spring it, and it was even s colour blue with my nylon at the backyard, that was how I got to know it was my mosquito net cheesy
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by authority2006(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2021
Plenty of mosquito nets dey my house, some received years ago, some collected last year but we still don't use it. I dey treat malaria like every month in my home

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Franking: 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
Why are emphasis on mosquito net? It only protects u when u are sleeping. Yet mosquitoes also bite u when one is up and about so what's the point?

The environment is too dirty and encouraging for mosquitoes to breed. Government should either improve the environment and encourage citizens to keep their environment neat or fumigate the atmosphere once in a while to eradicate mosquitoes.
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Kylce042(m): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
temitope27:
I don't live in a bush

Nah swamp you camp?
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Kylce042(m): 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
sucexfic:
I do

Net oh
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by blessedchild234(m): 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Yes I do
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by showafrica(m): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2021
Omicron007:
According to data from UNICEF, every two minutes, a child under five dies of malaria. Many of these deaths are preventable and treatable. In 2019, there were 229 million malaria cases globally that led to 409,000 deaths. Of these deaths, 67 per cent (274,000) were children under 5 years of age. This translates into a daily toll of nearly 750 children under age 5.

Malaria is an urgent public health priority. The disease and the costs of its treatment trap families in a cycle of illness, suffering and poverty. Today, nearly half of the world’s population, most of whom live in sub-Saharan Africa, are at risk for developing malaria and facing its economic challenges.

Sleeping under insecticide-treated mosquito nets (ITNs) on a regular basis is one of the most effective ways to prevent malaria transmission and reduce malaria related deaths.

However, some people still find it difficult to sleep under Mosquito Nets. Some say it causes heat while others have different reasons.

Do you sleep under an insecticide-treated Mosquito Net?
Let's hear from you.

Yet in UAR, covid that has never killed any child is more important to the people at the top
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Suffocates me.
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Rebbu: 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2021
temitope27:
I don't live in a bush
Your brain is leaking. Mosquito only lives in the bush?
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by jaxxy(m): 12:01am On Nov 14, 2021
Nets. Hmmm
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by nedekid: 12:10am On Nov 14, 2021
olasaad:
As for me and my family Yes smiley
How do you cope the heat?
I assume you must run your Gen every night to power your Ac.
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by olaodun: 12:15am On Nov 14, 2021
It is good to adapt and sleep under long lasting treated mosquito net , please if you don't where and how get it delivered to you just let me know I will take care of that for you
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:24am On Nov 14, 2021
I don't have mosquitoes in my Home, and I treat their phuck at the sight of any. Can't remember the last time I had a bite. Those usually occur away from home.
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Princessjoke(f): 4:40am On Nov 14, 2021
Even when I wash, dry it ..I still feel like cameroon pepper when I wake up...reason I don't use it again
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

One time I got a mosquito net and didn't care to sun it.
I just opened it and used it.

Being someone who sleeps naked, I woke up at night feeling like Cameroon pepper and tatashi was rubbed all over my eyelids and scrotum.

They were puffed, peppery and reddish.

Because I'd not let anything threaten the peaceful existence of my manhood, I still have a phobia for mosquito nets till this day.
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by MNDY(m): 4:46am On Nov 14, 2021
TheMostComplex1:

Was your room dirty?
No. Bugs are very stubborn and can be in the neatest of rooms.
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by hongkong5566: 5:07am On Nov 14, 2021
I feel more comfortable inside, than sleeping without the net
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 14, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

One time I got a mosquito net and didn't care to sun it.
I just opened it and used it.

Being someone who sleeps naked, I woke up at night feeling like Cameroon pepper and tatashi was rubbed all over my eyelids and scrotum.

They were puffed, peppery and reddish.

Because I'd not let anything threaten the peaceful existence of my manhood, I still have a phobia for mosquito nets till this day.
You were lucky. Some people who tried such died.
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by AsomArchitectNG(m): 5:44am On Nov 14, 2021
emmykk:

My friend this is not effective after fee hours or days they return.

I am using a free mosquito net over a year now it is very effective and cost saving.

Do what works for you cool
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by Ladycewhy(f): 5:44am On Nov 14, 2021
Me and mosquitoes seem to have had a bad fall out in my past life. I can be in a gathering of people and I will be the only one feeling mosquito bites especially if my legs are exposed.

However my skin is very sensitive to new nets ,even if I air dry it for one week ,the very first time I use it , Lord help me ,I must react to it but I am not deterred, na nets go solve the quarrel wey me and mosquitoes for my past life for this current life.

So sleeping without nets is not an option for me.

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by CaptainAyub: 5:54am On Nov 14, 2021
maestro299:
Malaria is 10x deadlier than covid-19, especially in this part of the world. If this country had true, patriotic leaders, malaria should have been the tackled with all the seriousness they gave the Ebola virus.
You sabi book.
The resistance to regular drugs we're seeing now is out of the world

1 Like

Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by jamesbridget13(f): 5:56am On Nov 14, 2021
My kids do
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by armyofone(m): 6:10am On Nov 14, 2021
mrksquare:
I don't like mosquitoes net. So resort to fumigating my compound every month as a way of wading off mosquitoes.

Please how do you do the fumigation ?
How much does it cost ?
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by mrksquare: 6:28am On Nov 14, 2021
armyofone:

Please how do you do the fumigation ?
How much does it cost ?

Go to shops that sell fumigation chemical. They have adulterated fumigation chemical for mosquitoes. It goes for #600 per small Ragolis bottle. The concentrated one that hasn't been mixed goes for #2500 Per 1 little

When applying it ensure you wear your nose mask and apply it outside your environment and inside. Ensure you apply it when you ain't at home.
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by temitope27(m): 6:43am On Nov 14, 2021
Rebbu:
Your brain is leaking. Mosquito only lives in the bush?
yes, Mr man
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by temitope27(m): 6:44am On Nov 14, 2021
frozen70:

That's a wrong impression

Unless your house doesn't have a door, as you go in, you are excorted in by mosquitoes
are you telling me mosquito lives everywhere
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by sexyking1: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
I don't live in a bush
tell me where in Nigeria that doesn't have mosquito?
Re: Do You Sleep Under An Insecticide-treated Mosquito Net? by muheeb01(m): 6:57am On Nov 14, 2021
Prevention is better than cure....but if you're still going through any ailments treat yourself time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Shares Her Amazing Weight Loss Journey From 330 Pounds Up To 120 Down(pics / Why Do Medical Practitioners Use Crazy Writing When Prescribing Drugs? / Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.