Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja (40967 Views)

Tordue Salem: Omo-Agege Tells Security Agencies To Unmask The Real Killers / Tordue Salem: Man Confesses To Killing Vanguard Reporter In Hit-and-run Incident / Tordue Salem: NUJ Issues Police 24-Hour Mandate For Missing Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by Juanvi(m): 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
Vanguard missing reporter, Tordue Henry Salem, has been found dead in Abuja.

Details of the circumstances surrounding the recovery of his remains were still sketchy as at 9.30 pm, Thursday.

Late Salem who was covering the House of Representatives, was last seen on October 13, 2021. After the close of work that day, he was said to have alighted from a cab at Total filling station, close to the Force headquarters, and headed for B.J’s garden, in the company of a female relative.

Thereafter, he reportedly flagged a cab for the lady who left before him, informing her that he was going to Area 8, Garki. But he was never seen until his remains were recovered on Thursday.

An alarm on his mysterious disappearance was raised the next day, from where the matter was directed to the Intelligence Response Team , IRT on October 16, 2021.

Arrest

Some arrests were reportedly made. Among them was that of a man who was picked for attempting to extort Salem’s family.

The suspect identified as Prince Enyenihi, 25, contacted Mrs Salem on October 26, 2021, via a text message with a concealed number, requesting for N100 million ransom, to be paid as ransom for her husband’s release. Part of the text message read: “if you don’t pay, Tordue will be killed in seven days. For more information, call this number …. The text message also contained an account number the money should be paid into.

This was followed by a call with a concealed number to Salem’s wife the next day,. Mrs Salem requested to speak with her husband, to ascertain he was alive before negotiation would begn. But the caller gave the phone to someone who tried to play along.

When she noticed that the voice did not sound like her husband’s, she asked the stranger to mention the name of their daughter and her birth date, a question that met dead silence at the other end.

Same evening, another call with a concealed number was received by Mrs Salem, requesting to know if her husband had been released. The confused woman was said to have requested why the caller had his number concealed.

On October 27, another text me came on a bulk text message platform, ordering the family to pay the N100 million ransom before the next day, failure of which they would kill Salem.

The Police swung into action first, by de-encrypting the number that called and traced its owner to a lady in Port Harcourt, Rivers state.

However, during interrogation the lady who owns Joy Skin Care denied culpability, stating rather, that a particular number had been calling her line since October 26, 2021.

Vanguard further gathered that when on further checks operatives discovered that the number was same with that used to contact Mrs Salem , consequent upon which 25-year-old Enyenihi was arrested on November 5, 2021.

During preliminary investigation, it was discovered that he was next door neighbor to the beautician. During interrogation, he disclosed that he got information of Vanguard reporter’s disappearance on a flyer that went viral on social media, which had the number of Mrs Salem as the contact person to report to if found.

The suspect further stated that he sent the text messages without the knowledge of his female neighbour, adding that he got his neighbour’s telephone number and account details from her Facebook page .

He said, “I knew the family wouldn’t pay the money. I used the owner of Joy beauty skin care ‘s account details in order to punish her for always talking to me anyhow”.

The Police described the arrest as a distraction from what they were looking for.

Efforts to reach thre Force Public Relation’s Officer failed.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/missing-vanguard-reporter-tordue-salem-found-dead/amp/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
All is well

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by azadus18: 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
Chai ...so pathetic..may his soul rest in peace

65 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by BombAttack(f): 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
So all the useless fake one Nigerian Army, Police, Navy and Air force could not rescue this young man.

He died like a common rat.

While BMC miscreants are busy roaming about shouting one Nigeria and licking Buhari's Ass

IgweOfNnewi
Exc2000
Farid24224
blinking001
airminem
helinues

simplyleo
seunmsg
Monogamy
NGpatriot
Tinubuadvocate
SangoOlukosoOba
Sebastine1994
Buckeyemedia
Piggyyeaster1

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by Leverage2021: 11:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
Such a charming man

At the end of the report they didn't tell us who killed him

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by doggedfighter(f): 11:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tears in my eyes. cry

I had high hopes.

I thought he would be found alive to write his own story.

This is a depressing news.

Nigeria and blood shed.

Buhari is a terrorist. undecided

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by realstars: 11:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
The work of the Evileous Men. may he RIP,
Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by pocohantas(f): 11:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
The suspect further stated that he sent the text messages without the knowledge of his female neighbour, adding that he got his neighbour’s telephone number and account details from her Facebook page .

He said, “I knew the family wouldn’t pay the money. I used the owner of Joy beauty skin care ‘s account details in order to punish her for always talking to me anyhow”.

Which kind wahala be this?
See how he would have implicated his neighbor in a kidnap and murder case that he is also innocent of. Kai!

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by FarahAideed: 11:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Nigeria is too dangerous now

4 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
The suspect further stated that he sent the text messages without the knowledge of his female neighbour, adding that he got his neighbour’s telephone number and account details from her Facebook page .

He said, “I knew the family wouldn’t pay the money. I used the owner of Joy beauty skin care ‘s account details in order to punish her for always talking to me anyhow”.

The suspect identified as Prince Enyenihi, 25, contacted Mrs Salem on October 26, 2021, via a text message with a concealed number, requesting for N100 million ransom, to be paid as ransom for her husband’s release. 
What a wicked animal this Prince Enyenihi is.
At the age of 25, he's into kidnapping demanding up to the tune of #100 MILLION NAIRA!
Oloriburuku youth.

He should be sent to hell before the year runs out, to go meet devil his father.
That should be a good example for his fellow animals that think that crime and evil is the only way forward.

Y'all can't and will never end well in life.

We Rise.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
Man inhumanity to fellow man.......and woman!!
All kidnappers in this nation will never see the end of this year, including all their online supporters that are always happy to read bad news all around Nigeria.
Such news make their days.
Swines dem.

May all terrorists, their sponsors and supporters disturbing the peace of our darling nation all die before the end of this year.

No be curse,
Na FACT.

We Rise.

May Devil punish all terrorists in Nigeria, from boko haram, to ipob terrorist organizations, kidnappers, esn, bandits, evil ones among the herdsmen, kidnappers etc

Any sane, honest and hardworking Nigerian will gladly say AMEN to the above if they know they are not supporting and cheering on terrorists and murderers in this nation.

Karma knows everyone address and posterity will judge us all, whether for good or for bad..

We Rise.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by BombAttack(f): 11:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
post=107537703:
Man inhumanity to fellow man.......and woman!!
All kidnappers in this nation will never see the end of this year, including all their online supporters that are always happy to read bad news all around Nigeria.
Such news make their days.
Swines dem.

May all terrorists, their sponsors and supporters disturbing the peace of our darling nation all die before the end of this year.

No be curse,
Na FACT.

We Rise.

May Devil punish all terrorists in Nigeria, from boko haram, to ipob terrorist organizations, kidnappers, esn, bandits, evil ones among the herdsmen, kidnappers etc

Any sane, honest and hardworking Nigerian will gladly say AMEN to the above if they know they are not supporting and cheering on terrorists and murderers in this nation.

Karma knows everyone address and posterity will judge us all, whether for good or for bad..

We Rise.

Because I called you out grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Let me add to your prayer

Any politician stealing funds meant for the well-being of its citizens will die by terrible stroke without cure
Those who refuse to call out Mr President when the citizens are been butchered like Animal will die in their sleep
So shall it be Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

93 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by Truvelisback(m): 11:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
Tears in my eyes. cry

I had high hopes.

I thought he would be found alive to write his own story.

This is a depressing news.

Nigeria and blood shed.

Buhari is a terrorist. undecided
Bravo! nice poetry. I didn't know that u are a poet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
God punish them all

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by doggedfighter(f): 11:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bravo! nice poetry. I didn't know that u are a poet.

It's saddening.
Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by Sergio101(m): 11:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
That's Nigeria for us
Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by BombAttack(f): 11:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 8.
Rule 2.

Those who refuse to call out Mr President when the citizens are been butchered like Animal will die in their sleep
So shall it be Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by Truvelisback(m): 12:02am On Nov 12, 2021
doggedfighter:

It's saddening.
Such is life.

3 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by starbuck(f): 12:21am On Nov 12, 2021
The state of the nation has made me have trust issues with every breathing being around me embarassed embarassed

All is well

4 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by benuejosh: 12:23am On Nov 12, 2021
Rest well my Benue brother Tordue Henry Salem.
Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by Penguin2: 12:27am On Nov 12, 2021
Buhari’s regime has returned political assassinations.

It’s obvious this guy reported something against a big politician, most probably APC, and they traced and killed him.

RIP to the dead and God comfort his family.

But Atiku is coming to #RescueNigeria

10 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by dasparrow: 12:30am On Nov 12, 2021
cry

How long will this continue? Is it until it gets to you or someone close to you before you realize that Nigeria is not working? Don't let Nigeria happen to you. Let's ask for a referendum so we can discuss on the way forward don't you think? The insecurity in Nigeria is on an all time high. Any sane person will not be so complacent but I am disappointed that Nigerians are cool with all the killings because it has not gotten to them yet. Anyway, Jehovah Elohim is watching.

3 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by house10s: 12:35am On Nov 12, 2021
yankeedodo:
All is well
how is is well, ehhh seriously see d rubbish u just type.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by Tokskob2008: 12:41am On Nov 12, 2021
yankeedodo:
All is well
I don't think all is well at all......

3 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by EMAXIM(m): 12:46am On Nov 12, 2021
Killing don too much for this country.

You dey house, house collapse.
You dey work accident happen
You dey road na dat one bad pass cos anything fit happen.

May his soul rest in peace.

7 Likes

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by BombAttack(f): 12:46am On Nov 12, 2021
house10s:
how is is well, ehhh seriously see d rubbish u just type.

Thank God you can see the ass lickers

Even when a Journalist working at the National Assembly is kidnapped and killed

All they can say is " All is well"

While the pig griller is busy with his hypocritical prayer of eye service

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja by house10s: 12:52am On Nov 12, 2021
BombAttack:

Thank God you can see the ass lickers

Even when a Journalist working at the National Assembly is kidnapped and killed

All they can say is " All is well"

While the pig griller is busy with his hypocritical prayer of eye service
i dey wait make e explain wats well here.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youths Hold Rally For Bola Tinubu In Lagos (Photos) / How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters / Ademola Adeleke's Certificates Scandal: WAEC, Jacksonville State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.