Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting (30480 Views)

FG Commences Payment Of May 2019 Alawee On Tuesday / When Will Nysc Pay February Alawee / Please Can I Be Paid Alawee, If I Miss January Nysc Clearance And Thumb Printing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by tarantino1: 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Sagamite:

Unfortunately, for majority of betting addicts, which you definitely are because you don't know and can't control when to stop, it is not a bad habit.

It is a brain malfunction!

Research, through brain scans, show that the wiring of the brain of such people is bad right from time. It is a mental illness!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-viewers-heartbroken-paul-merton-25190772

Trying to change you is as hopeless as trying to change a poofter/homosexual to become straight. Ain't gonna work!

That is FACT No 1!

FACT No 2 is that a third world country like Nigeria is the wrong place to have such a mental illness. There is no support system or social medical treatment available for such, and majority of the addict's family members are struggling or have their own challenges to the point they are likely to lack funds for to sponsor any advanced treatment (which typically would have to be ongoing for months, if not years).

Sorry, Naija is not the place to have such a mental health problem. Kolewerk!

So except an addict like you can go deep and summon the willpower from somewhere deep to stop betting (you do bet, so you know about odds. The odds for this possibility is very bad), you are what my close American friends label as "pretty much f**ked".

It is the beginning of the destruction and end of your life!

Very few with this mental health problem can get out of it. For the majority who can't, their options are:

1) Get someone responsible, and who you trust, to take agency of your finances. Basically all your income goes into the care of that person as soon as you get it, and they have instructions to only give you money for survival (aka pocket money).

All rents, school fees and homely white goods purchases should be done for you by that agent. Meaning the agent pays the supplier directly and not through you.

2) Continue until you reach the point where you have destroyed your life. Most likely, you would have even stolen from people or your employers to fund your betting losses.

After you destroy your life, you will feel suicidal! My only request of anyone thinking of suicide and who decides to go through with it in Nigeria is: Never waste your suicide!

Find one of the looting and corrupt baaaastard politicians in Nigeria, especially the ones that show off with their loot or are powerful or have served only a short time in prison for their corruption, and kill them publicly. After, let their security shoot you or then kill yourself somehow or go through the court system and take your death sentence.

It irritates me when I see frustrated Nigerians go to 3rd mainland bridge and just kill themselves. Or the ones that hang themselves in their towns/villages because salaries have not been paid for months.

DON'T WASTE YOUR SUICIDE! I want all Nigerians to spread these 4 words to all those who are suicidal. They should use their suicide to help their nation before they leave life.

DON'T WASTE YOUR SUICIDE!!!

Blood of God! grin

I've never placed a bet in my life that has to do with money, but reading this was just so fûcking scary.

And I agree with you when you said Nigeria is one of the worst place to have any form of mental illness because of the lack of support system. I told my friends some years back and they were arguing with me.
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by jamesbridget13(f): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
1sherlockHolmes:
I'm a corp member passing out this coming december, during the previous month I have managed to raised 180k from my alawee.

Last month october I discovered bet9ja online betting through my friend, and decided to give it a try at first I was winning, I was happy that I discovered a way to earn extra income, I ignored all the warnings that I saw online about betting. Gradually I started losing, sometimes my games enter and sometimes cut but i refused to stop.

To cut it short guys I'm now pennyless, my 180k turn 0k in just a month and next month I'm heading to my village empty handed. Its been so long since I cry but today i did.
Hardluck
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by ultimateprof: 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
Betting is the best way to die young.
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by greggng: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=1sherlockHolmes post=107537250]I'm a corp member passing out this coming december, during the previous month I have managed to raised 180k from my alawee.

Last month october I discovered bet9ja online betting through my friend, and decided to give it a try at first I was winning, I was happy that I discovered a way to earn extra income, I ignored all the warnings that I saw online about betting. Gradually I started losing, sometimes my games enter and sometimes cut but i refused to stop.

To cut it short guys I'm now pennyless, my 180k turn 0k in just a month and next month I'm heading to my village empty handed. Its been so long since I cry but today i did.[/quote

You are not a smart graduate.. you invest your money wisely .. I have won over 2million on bet9ja. I have done give away here in nairaland during the log down cos I won over 1m by then ....how much did I invest in It?,??.....just 200naira that gave me that amount . If you are new coming into something u don't know,you ve to sit back and study that thing very well. Don't ever allow anything to control you ....be in control. Just lady week I used bet9ja bonus to win 62k ..which I used to buy a new phone . I guess if you were me ,you will invest the whole in bet. Be wise
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by AutoChick4U(f): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
AvalonSpace:
I once forecast 38 games and they worked. That was 282K. But I don't always book. I just do it once in 4 months. I don't want it to control everything I do.
Lamba

2 Likes

Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by AutoChick4U(f): 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=greggng post=107555276][/quote]He's a reckless gambler and should follow those who can use their brains to analyse correctly
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Saslax13: 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good but what I do is I deposit 30k to my bet account and keep staking 3k for 2 odds and win more and also loose fewer then at the end of the month I withdraw everything from the account making 65 to 70% gain like 50k.
Homeboiy:
I stopped betting

And this is how I did it

I will forecast games and not stake it to know if it will enter

I have done this more than 20x and it will cut

So I thought to myself, this is how I would have lost like 20k.

My guy shop don fall because say he dey use big money dey stake game
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by ObinnaValentine: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
There are things involved in this sports betting that they won't tekk common users..even those that promote it know but won't tell you jes so you keep spending

But i have got something really interesting yo reveal about sports betting without you staking a dime yet make money

Send a pm if interested
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Sagamite(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
tarantino1:

Blood of God! grin

I've never placed a bet in my life that has to do with money, but reading this was just so fûcking scary.

And I agree with you when you said Nigeria is one of the worst place to have any form of mental illness because of the lack of support system. I told my friends some years back and they were arguing with me.

It is fact, mate!

We are a third world country with limited and insufficient resources.

It is like telling a Malo from Northern Nigeria, with 3 wives and 14 children, who works as a local government civil servant with a salary of N34K per month (i.e. salary which some months is not paid), that the family dog has broken its legs and needs surgery.

Do you honestly feel he would fork out the money for that surgery when he has so much mouths to feed, send to school and take care of their health?

F Not!!! That dog is done for.

We need to build our infrastructure and create jobs with the little resources we have. No money for mental health; especially the ones of habit/choice behaviours. If you can't cope and survive based on these behaviours ..........................au revoir to those group of people. C'est la vie!

2 Likes

Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Sagamite(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
joshuaidibia:

Glad you learned your lesson the hard way. I almost became addicted with betting in 2015-2017 but thank God for my Girlfriend (now my wife), she stopped me from that. Now I'm gradually losing interest in football, now i only bet once in blue moon just to keep the love of football alive.

You are still in trouble you just don't know it.

If you cannot enjoy football without betting, you ARE sick in the head.

The girl is just a deterrent. The mental illness is still there!
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Sagamite(m): 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Jonn119:
I hardly comment on this forum but I just had to...

You see betting, run away from it because money is the least thing it’s gonna cost you, it’s gonna make you seem worthless just not something you can be proud of or say you do outside because if certain people know you bet it will cost you your respect and opportunities too, personally I lost over 200k to this same online betting, just last month and I imagine my siblings or people that look up to me know I play bet how will they see me, I became depressed not because of the money but because I never imagined myself playing bet. My advice to you is it’s never too late to stop... count your losses and move on.

Have you found a substitute channel for your addiction?
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Sagamite(m): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
silent10:

Sport betting is a game of chance. There can be any outcome. If you laugh at people who make 20 selections in a single ticket without knowing the options they choose, then I can confidently say you know little about sport betting.

Cretin personified!

Entering a lion's cage with a knife to kill it is a game of chance. There can be any outcome. If you laugh at people who take up such challenges without knowing the glory they seek, then I can confidently say you know little about safety.

1 Like

Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by vikgreen01(m): 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
1sherlockHolmes:
I'm a corp member passing out this coming december, during the previous month I have managed to raised 180k from my alawee.

To cut it short guys I'm now pennyless, my 180k turn 0k in just a month and next month I'm heading to my village empty handed. Its been so long since I cry but today i did.

grin grin
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by vikgreen01(m): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
tiswell:
my guy forecast 36 and won few millions with just N100

Leave am as people wey forecast just 2 games no Dey cut.!! One guy for my street wey carry just one game he shock am as the game cut.
They are saying bet is bad or u gamble responsibly he no won hear.
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by newoffer: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Employ staff make dem help u make money. Na fool dey lose bets
EmmaJnr1:
15k fee for it. mail me if ready. pm

if i share with u free e go cast because u wont value it and share it anyhow. but if u pay for it, you will protect it.
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by jimmynauty: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
Another lacked self control...crawcrae
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Sagamite(m): 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Sagamite:

2) Continue until you reach the point where you have destroyed your life. Most likely, you would have even stolen from people or your employers to fund your betting losses.

This is a timely news report about what I was talking about when I wrote this earlier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10195241/Murderer-32-jailed-30-years-strangling-schoolgirl-16-death.html

The trial heard that Xu was a heavy gambler and owed the family £14,000.

Despite not being blood relations, Xu, also known as Little Gang, was regarded as a nephew by Ms Xu.

The family entrusted him with £20,000 that he said he would send back to China for them to pay a friend who had lent them money to start their business in the UK.

However, Xu only sent some of the money back and gambled away £14,000, which he had then begun paying back.

On March 4 2021, he rang Ms Xu and asked if he could go to see them, but told her not to tell anyone about his visit, before he strangled to death 16-year-old Wenjing the next morning.

After killing Wenjing, Xu began attacking her stepfather with two knives, stabbing him in the neck and body.

When Mr Jiang asked Xu why he was attacking him, Xu replied: 'Money, money, money.'
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by miyagi01(m): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
1sherlockHolmes:
thanks man no more betting i swear
it iz well with u bruv. I lost hundreds of thousands into betting, until I deleted my bet9ja account. Now I have peace of mind
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Josbreed: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
u bet the wrong way. betting is paying peoples bills now. i HV a betting guide that can help you earn daily from betting. its not free though.

@op, don't listen to this guy.
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by 46arcadez(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
The guy will still bet again if money enters his pocket
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Offpoint1: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2021
olar2g:
A betting is a bad habit bro, if u want to bet, bet responsibly at least N100, and forget about it. If u win u win, if u lose it won't pain u much
People will not listen to this...

I wonder how people bet with any money more than N100... I no dey stake more than N10
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by ObinnaValentine: 11:47am On Nov 14, 2021
Like I said earlier..you can make money from betting without staking a dime..whether or not you know anything about football..you bet or not the end is to make money..

Most of your top socialites celebrities know this but won't disclose..I know this and I am willing to disclose..the point is are you Interested?
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Akakanfirstclass(m): 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
pm me for it. its 15k though.

How do I PM you ?
Thru email?..

Moreover the money is not the problem..
I have purchased many strategies worth over 100k in the past months..
Most of them were just based on the "gambler's falacy"..
Which works theoretically but practically it will fail except a punter has infinite bank roll..
And you it is not possible..

So in order not to purchase similar strategies that works in theory but cannot deliver in practise, you have to be able to give me proof of profits, maybe in screenshots or..
I will email you
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by Sagamite(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
Sagamite:

Unfortunately, for majority of betting addicts, which you definitely are because you don't know and can't control when to stop, it is not a bad habit.

It is a brain malfunction!

Research, through brain scans, show that the wiring of the brain of such people is bad right from time. It is a mental illness!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-viewers-heartbroken-paul-merton-25190772

Trying to change you is as hopeless as trying to change a poofter/homosexual to become straight. Ain't gonna work!

That is FACT No 1!

FACT No 2 is that a third world country like Nigeria is the wrong place to have such a mental illness. There is no support system or social medical treatment available for such, and majority of the addict's family members are struggling or have their own challenges to the point they are likely to lack funds to sponsor any advanced treatment (which typically would have to be ongoing for months, if not years, at great costs).

Sorry, Naija is not the place to have such a mental health problem. Kolewerk!

So except an addict like you can go deep and summon the willpower from somewhere deep to stop betting (you do bet, so you know about odds. The odds for this possibility is very bad), you are what my close American friends label as "pretty much f**ked".

It is the beginning of the destruction and end of your life!

Very few with this mental health problem can get out of it. For the majority who can't, their options are:

1) Get someone responsible, and who you trust, to take agency of your finances. Basically all your income goes into the care of that person as soon as you get it, and they have instructions to only give you money for survival (aka pocket money).

All rents, school fees and homely white goods purchases should be done for you by that agent. Meaning the agent pays the supplier directly and not through you.

After you destroy your life, you will feel suicidal! My only request of anyone thinking of suicide and who decides to go through with it in Nigeria is: Never waste your suicide!

Find one of the looting and corrupt baaaastard politicians in Nigeria, especially the ones that show off with their loot or are powerful or has served only a short time in prison for their corruption, and kill them publicly. After, let their security shoot you or then kill yourself somehow or go through the court system and take your death sentence.

It irritates me when I see frustrated Nigerians go to 3rd mainland bridge and just kill themselves. Or the ones that hang themselves in their towns/villages because salaries have not been paid for months.

DON'T WASTE YOUR SUICIDE! I want all Nigerians to spread these 4 words to all those who are suicidal. They should use their suicide to help their nation before they leave life.

DON'T WASTE YOUR SUICIDE!!!

This is what I was talking about in this post!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/6886547/man-commits-suicide-after-losing
Re: How I Spent My ₦180k Alawee On Betting by HoneyWholesaler: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2021
Lol

(P.S. For the least expensive wholesaler of original undiluted HONEY straight from the bee farm, check my signature)

ultimateprof:
Betting is the best way to die young.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? / Obituary Of Borno Corper, Kenechukwu Ejike Kennedy As Corpse Leaves For Enugu / How Do I Skip NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.