Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him (44283 Views)

"I Thought He Was An Antelope" - Hunter Who Shot Imam Dead (Photo) / Tordue Salem Death: Itoro Cleme, Hit-And-Run Driver Arrested By Police / Ogun Traders Use Bra To Flog Driver Who Hit One Of Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Iamfavored: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Really sad, corruption keeps triumphing over truth.

But there is hope. One day, all these will end.

Well, that's my prayer.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by andyanders: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Viraltrends123:
It added up joor,seems you are just hating one the government. He actually kidnapped the journalist, and contacted his wife with his phone. Killed the man few moments before the body was seen. The body would have been seen if it's a month old.
After he was caught he is trying to cover up with lies, see where he said he saw a phone on his wind screen and just discarded it. LOL.
I can now understand through ur explanation. He should be responsible since he had his phone. This should be a kidnap and killing of the victim. Too bad for human beings. Such a young man he wasted.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by millionboi(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rochasstatue:
You doubt the story because you would have preferred to see the dead body linked to Buhari or Tinubu.
If police didn't catch the culprit, you will say it's govt.
If police catch and parade the culprit, na lie.
Them pay the man.
All of una dey mad.
Awon sinwi united.
Una father!
ur papa
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by blaise26abj(m): 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
So he was some police and told them he hit someone . The police there did not follow him back to the spot to investigate . They advised him to go to the police station . So the poor guy might not have died on the spot but died from absolute criminal negligence from the police .
If you know that bridge , it is a dangerous place at night . I don’t blame him for not stopping .
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Arise001: 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
So who was calling the wife to pay 100mil ransom??
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Prechgold1180(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rayd502:

Reporting himself would have been the ideal thing to do.He wouldn't be in this bigger mess if he did that.

But I doubt his story all the same.

Reporting is for sane country

Nigeria is a shit hole
Reporting is a no no for me
If I am in that kind of situation
For example me driving thru Benin auchi road in the night and I get to see somebody omo I ll crush the hell out of you.
They kidnapped my sister last 2 month we had to cough out 3million in space of 42 hours just to get her released
My whole hus was in disarray

After that experience u expect me not to crush any one on my way when driving in that kind of location
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by JOemmy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
How did the police arrest him did he voluntary came out and confessed? I don't trust the nigerian police they are very good in covering up crimes and murders especially if top politicians are involved.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Ruggman: 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
This is tells by moonlight, story story, story
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by temitope27(m): 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
tegrianonigltd:

You didn’t get the message, they don give this one money and promise to free am soon just to lie, hit and run and the body took one month to find, doesn’t it sound fishy to you.
thinking lyk that too
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Mandrake20(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
I refuse to believe this cooked up story. Salem was assasinated. Thats my believe & they should bring d culprits to book. Tnk u
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by neighbourhud: 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Not adding up...

You hit him at night thinking he was an armed rubber... Ok, no wahala, we don hear but...

Why speed off? O...it must be dark and lonely.

Wait a minute, you said what?!

Afraid of people lynching you? Haba Mallam!

If it was a 'busy' place like you are making it look (cos pipu will definitely panel beat you), why did you now conclude he was an armed rubber when he didn't block the road or stood on your way? I am dazed with confusion right now.

Secondly,

Since you knocked him down and sped off, (definitely, you didn't stay to see his face na)... How then did you know it was the same man you hit that night when his picture surfaced and nobody even mentioned he was killed by a hit and run? Dis one shock me enter bone.

Again, You said you repaired the damage of your car the next day and continued your business...You must have plied that route severally after the incident without 'remorse', you didn't report to the police o... I come dey wonder why the 'remorse' came hard on you after almost a month...and boom! The confession.

Something is not adding up here biko.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by geokay777(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mrsoft3:

Wait o, let's be honest here. So this man knocked someone with his car since last month and it was yesterday they saw the dead body? Question where did they see the dead body? Which autopsy was carried out to show he was knocked down? If this said driver knocked down someone and ran away to the point of even fixing the car then he is a serial killer.

But wait who we dey deceive?
Don't go too far man, that's the new trend of syndicated cover up by our goofmeant
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Germi9: 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hungerbadoo:
If na joke abeg make una stop am. Which kind parading of suspect be that. We no the rush una and we say no to half baked stories. This is human life we are talking about, how can a young man just vanished with no trace leaving families worried only to end up fucking dead?
This is obviously a fixed story
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by uchaymart(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rayd502:
Wicked human...You hit someone while driving recklessly yet you didn't make any attempt report yourself to the police.

You carried on with your life as if the person you hit is a dog.And here you are lying blatantly in front of the camera saying you thought the person is an armed robber.

Did you see any weapon with him?See where your wickedness has got you.

So you believe this taxi driver knocked and killed Tordue ?
Pray not to fall in the hands of Nigerian police.

The people who killed him , planned all these with the police .
What about the guy that was arrested because he called the deceased family to demand for 100million ransom?
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Hungerbadoo: 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Germi9:
This is obviously a fixed story
I the tell you bro
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by uchaymart(m): 6:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Asif u would report to the police if u were to be d driver

Nigerians unah problems pass unah
So where did they find him after 1month.
Nigeria get CCTV cameras for road?
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
wonder233:
Most people commenting here don't drive. Look, when you inadvertently knock down a pedestrian or biker, you have a split second to make a decision: If you see in that split second the injury isn't bad, you can stop to offer assistance, if you see the person is dead, then you just have to make a run for it.
It may sound callous, but it is the ugly truth no one wants to admit to. It doesn't mean you don't feel remorse, but it was an accident, you didn't do it deliberately. The person has already died, your stopping to be lynched, killed, sent to prison adds no value to the situation.
This is the hard truth.
N.B. my comment is strictly about driving and driving scenarios. Not about whether this fellow is telling the truth or not or whether the journalist was kidnapped or not.

In a sane environment where there is police who would investigate, carry out an autopsy etc you may stop even if the victim is dead. In Nigeria where those clowns called police are a bunch of uniformed, drunk kegites the best is to make the run for it. Except you want to be charged with all the crimes in the world, including the Lincoln assassination.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
DarkCaesar:
that is no problem and I pray God gives you a strong heart so when Evil visits your household before the year runs out, you’d take it as cool as I would
Evil comes to those who wish evil unto others..

I wish you well.. grin
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Justice316: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
VV VV VV
404Dev:

It takes quite a while to identify a john doe especially if doesn't have any identifying documents on me. Could have in a morgue and only identified now.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Viraltrends123: 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
andyanders:
I can now understand through ur explanation. He should be responsible since he had his phone. This should be a kidnap and killing of the victim. Too bad for human beings. Such a young man he wasted.
The funny thing is the worst punishment that would be given to him is 20 years in prison. Just like maina that was sentenced just 8 years for stealing pensioners money, after many pensioners have died trying to solve their problems. You see some pensioners going to bank 7 times a week thinking the problem is from the bank.
Why will someone planning to do the same killing or stilling be afraid.

The government don't know that humans have to be afraid to do the right thing, workers have to be scared of loosing their jobs, even God want humans to be afraid of hell for them to do good.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Ykc2(m): 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
temitope27:
am I the police
you wan defend your Saint buharo na
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Djyucee1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mrsoft3:

Wait o, let's be honest here. So this man knocked someone with his car since last month and it was yesterday they saw the dead body? Question where did they see the dead body? Which autopsy was carried out to show he was knocked down? If this said driver knocked down someone and ran away to the point of even fixing the car then he is a serial killer.

But wait who we dey deceive?

You are smart
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Naija4love(m): 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Viraltrends123:
LoL, so you can't believe his story because he is igbo. Igbos can kill anyone, isn't it? So funny. You just have to start having an unbiased mind about the government and other tribe for you to think better.
The man speaking actually kidnapped the journalist, but he was just trying to cover up his deeds with lies. Hear where he said he saw the journalist phone on his wind screen. He actually killed the journalist after no ransom was paid, or when the journalist tried to escape, or starved him to death. That's why the body was found just few days later, many people would have seen it if the body was a month old.
Bro check my profile am not igbo,Yoruba or hausa am just Nigerian. when you people start taking off tribal stuff of head then Nigeria can move forward in good. Back to your talk I knew what interrogation is did you think Nigeria forces will take you out in front of camera,journalists too talk without written and proper agreement on what to say in front of camera... let me stop here
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by DarkCaesar(m): 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Evil comes to those who wish evil unto others..

I wish you well.. grin
Me I wish you evil and it will come to pass since you’ve decided to carry someone else's load on your head while you dragging yours….
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Viraltrends123: 12:43am On Nov 13, 2021
Naija4love:

Bro check my profile am not igbo,Yoruba or hausa am just Nigerian. when you people start taking off tribal stuff of head then Nigeria can move forward in good. Back to your talk I knew what interrogation is did you think Nigeria forces will take you out in front of camera,journalists too talk without written and proper agreement on what to say in front of camera... let me stop here
so this is the first time you are seeing police forcing someone to confess on camera, something that happens all the time.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Eseelo20: 1:08am On Nov 13, 2021
I think something is fishy to the story may God help us
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by chysam: 6:09am On Nov 13, 2021
You are a prime suspect?
Human right activists need your attention.

wonder233:
Most people commenting here don't drive. Look, when you inadvertently knock down a pedestrian or biker, you have a split second to make a decision: If you see in that split second the injury isn't bad, you can stop to offer assistance, if you see the person is dead, then you just have to make a run for it.
It may sound callous, but it is the ugly truth no one wants to admit to. It doesn't mean you don't feel remorse, but it was an accident, you didn't do it deliberately. The person has already died, your stopping to be lynched, killed, sent to prison adds no value to the situation.
This is the hard truth.
N.B. my comment is strictly about driving and driving scenarios. Not about whether this fellow is telling the truth or not or whether the journalist was kidnapped or not.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by harqinhola(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2021
●●DEM DON PAY THIS ONE BETTER MONEY
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Oblongata: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2021
wonder233:
This is the hard truth.
At last! A sensible post. This is just the ugly truth.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Rochasstatue(f): 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
Numerouno94:

Zombie, everything to u is politics. Stop swallowing everything u come across hook, line nd sinker, that's why u hv a brain in ur skull. Use it, it pays.

Everything to u guys is politics. We re talking abt a story not adding up nd all u culd tink abt is politics. Who did this to u guys?

Does this drivel you posted her add up?
As you not a fool?
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Numerouno94(m): 10:14am On Nov 14, 2021
Rochasstatue:

Does this drivel you posted her add up?
As you not a fool?

Oga wat re u saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fake Doctor Ran Luna Maternity & Surgery At Gwarimpa, Abuja For 10 Years / Man Attacked Lady With Cutlass For Refusing To Date Him (pic) / "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.