Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id (619 Views)

Nigerian With Permanent US Resident, Almost Denied Entry To Visa Free Country / Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement / My Horrible Experiences of Bikepooling With Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id by shegxxymyth11(m): 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Greetings to all Nairalanders here; admin, please approve this post, and I recommend you put it on the front page! I am originally a Nigerian citizen, based in the republic of Cyprus, (EUROPEAN UNION) I am legally living and working here, and I am also married to a Greek citizen, with our child who is three years old, so my wife asked me to visit the TRNC, which is known as the Turkish Republic Of Cyprus, which I thought I would have no problem visiting as a permanent residence card holder of the republic of Cyprus, as we drove to the border to get into TRNC, immigration are required to make a check of our valid government ID, passport etc

So I brought out my Nigerian passport and proof of residence in the Republic of Cyprus, and I noticed these Turkish policemen were murmuring and speaking in Turkish language, while my wife and son were already approved to go in, As I was waiting for these Turkish policemen to hand over my Nigerian passport back to me, they told me I was not allowed to go in, as Nigerians are banned from coming there from the Republic of Cyprus, unless I have a TRNC Visa, now this is a huge shock to me! as I visited 2 years ago! as I was wondering when has it got to Nigerians with EU resident getting banned, coming from the Republic Of Cyprus, My wife was devastated by this and insisted that we have been married for 5 years! and therefore I am allowed to go there with her as a family of an EU Citizen!

The Turkish policemen insisted Nigerians are banned from going there even if they have any EU country resident or even American resident card! Now this is a big shame as I noticed all nationalities with EU resident can go there, except from Nigerian passport holders!

TRNC as I know is an occupied territory of the republic of Cyprus, where any legal EU resident card holder can visit! now it is known to me that Nigerian passport is useless and unappreciated and not respected anywhere and it looks like Nigerians in that occupied territory appears to be misbehaving! according to what I heard!

It's a huge embarrassment! by the way I wouldn't urge or reccomend any Nigerians to go to TRNC to study, work or visit! it absolutely a disgrace as they dont respect Nigerians at all, no matter where you are coming from! as long as you come with that green passport! you are nothing to them and by the way all other African nations can go in there with a valid EU resident or even get visa on arrival!

I was told to travel to Turkey to obtain a TRNC visa before passing! while other nationalities, even Afghanistan passport can eneter with a valid EU resident card! It is finished for Nigeria! and It's such a disgrace to be referred to as a Nigerian citizen!

I am aware that the so-called leaders are to blame for this massive embarrassment! Also, Nigerians are notorious for misbehaving wherever they go! There is no longer any care or respect from that occupied territory! What a pity!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id by yuping(m): 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
The world is always watching.
Re: My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id by Officialgarri: 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
It's simply because of the attitude of the average Nigerians living over there.

Do you know that more than 80% of Nigerians over there entered as a student but are actually into fraud.

I will give prospective travellers a true life and 100% reality hint about Cyprus and one of the first experience there; The travel agent tells you there's a job on arrival given to you by the school of study and that the salary will be enough to pay all bills. IT'S A LIE!!!
But then, Mr. Agent sends you over there and asks you to squat for a few weeks with a contact from him. Now the person who you meet there will tell you that the only means you can use to pay your tuition is not as promised o but you must get into fraud because that's how every Nigerian started.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id by Crossroad1(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
Anything wey the citizens never spoil, the government Don spoil am
Re: My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id by Misrighteousnes: 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
Earth will deny you but if you make your way right heaven wont
Re: My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id by DICKstractor: 8:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
undecided

Nigeria name to the mud

There's no time one can be proud of being a Nigerian.

As a Nigerian, staying in Nigeria is unsafe; bandits, fulani herds men, Boko haram, unknown gun men, tribalism, nepotism, bad government, etc

Even staying outside Nigeria is the same thing. You are always a suspect and racism.

This is not a country
#spits
Re: My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id by Asquare84(m): 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nothing is wrong with Nigeria as a geographic entity. It we the citizen that the problem and any where we go we keep doing the wrong thing. So how can we get respect when we travel to a country and the only legitimate hustle we can do is to start selling drugs and doing unimaginable things, yet we want law enforcement agency of such country to cheer us up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience Visiting Trnc As A Nigerian With A Valid Eu Id by AgentGoat: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
what do you expect?

You see how many biafrans/nigerians that have been arrested by indian authorities because of drug trafficking? Very soon mf Indians will be giving us same treatment and would you blame them?

(1) (Reply)

Only A Few People Would Show You The Way Abroad(photo) / Need Urgent Help To Locate My Mom In Egypt Airport / Why Is There No Thread For Russian Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.