Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed (36409 Views)

My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos) / My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by sojayy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ok
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by kagbared: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
story for the Gods
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by peacebirdone: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
You are still a talkative. See the long speech na. grin
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Sleekfingers: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:
Good day people.. sorry for the long story embarassed
I’m in my early 20s
Please I need help .. I noticed this problem in 2017.. I’ve always been a fluent talker.. I can talk without getting tired ,people referred to me as a talkative with sharp mouth ..
Infact when I was little my family even advised me to study law because they saw how vocal and active I was .. But since 2017 till presently my mouth is always feeling heavy.. Whenever I talk my mouth will be gathering spit.. I’m always swallowing spit and most times I chock on my saliva .. I find it difficult to speak cause I’ll just be blabbing and stuttering.. It’s as if my Brain is clogged. There was even a time I couldn’t speak out.. words will be in my mind but to say it out will be so difficult..

I don’t know if it’s because we moved into this environment.. Could it be spiritual problem from this environment I moved into in 2016 or someone is on my case??

Because of the spit issue .. I went to a doctor who told me my issue was worm. I’ve been deworming on a steady still yet I can’t communicate with people effectively.. I’ll just be looking dumb when with my friends meanwhile I’ve lots of things to say in my mind!!
If I say let me open my mouth and talk I’ll just be stuttering and stammering and it has affected my self confidence massively.
Please I need help .. What could’ve gone wrong with me ?? Is it spiritual or medical.. Please medical practitioners come to my aid ..
Has anyone else experienced this issue or know about this kind of problem?? Please I need a solution.
Moderators , Lalastica please move to Front page embarassed

Go and see a speech therapist.....do you reside in Lagos? If yes, go to ayinke house for ikeja....and make an enquiry

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by mightyhaze: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
grin
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Freelane33(m): 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Chai wicked world

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by kudinkarfe: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
A
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by GIANTPLUSHUB: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Probably you have misyarn to someone in your area.
The person might have possibly use duck (pepeye) and pig (elede) to swear for you;
“Alahun ifoun ni ti pepeye
Oro hun hun hun, inu elede lo n gbe”.

I will advise that you deep the leg of house into it (“e ti ese ile bo”) sir

Be nice naaaw. Which kind incantation be this grin
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by ignis: 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
People that stutter are always very intelligent

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Lee99: 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Op don go talk wetin e no suppose talk cheesy, all is well, just use soap wash mouth

3 Likes

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Oblongata: 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
Your predicament is a blessing in disguise. Embrace it cool
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
It's your village people. Maybe you have talked your future away.

3 Likes

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by sematec(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
That's ur talent
Have u ask ur village ppl?? cool cool
even doctor dont knw wat to recommend,
You must have said a lot against d doctor before he recommends deworming for u
Just watch ur mouth and think before talking

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Grace001: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
You have diarrhea of the mouth… Sorry bro
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by BlackyOne: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
One thing I'm sure of is that people that talk too much are mostly uncouth, insultive, mannerless and rude to both the old and young...

Check yourself very well if your mouth haven't put you in trouble, it could be that " one old person don swear for you".... In other words maybe some old person has laid a curse on you...
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by house10s: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
u asking if its spiritual problem, y u come dey call doctors instead of pastors.
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by xtanlee(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
I had a similar issue , but without the saliva …you have things to say in your head but when you open your mouth to talk , you just sound so off …
I think it is psychological and not an infection, your mind might be playing games with you and that’s the saliva part…

5 Likes

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Osibajo2023: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:

Chai cry ...
Who have I offended bayi??
When I first noticed this was when I was asked to lead prayer during a function.. I’ve always been a bright person that people look up to .. So I’m the one that they choose to do the talking most of the time . while praying it got to a point I started blabbing .. Then my leader now asked me if there was hot yam in my mouth.. She was surprised..since then it has got worse..To pray sef I’ll finding words to use..
Please what do you advise me to do and share more light on leg of house.
go n explain to your pastor, that is one the reasonsyou are paying tithe
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by lkillbrokehoes: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
I wish you speedy recovery

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Jamesbiodun(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
I don't think it is normal, the problem might be from the church as you stated in the comment, envy name bad thing
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Itnews: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:
I’m in my early 20s
Please I need help .. I noticed this problem in 2017.. I’ve always been a fluent talker.. I can talk without getting tired ,people referred to me as a talkative with sharp mouth ..
Infact when I was little my family even advised me to study law because they saw how vocal and active I was .. But since 2017 till presently my mouth is always feeling heavy.. Whenever I talk my mouth will be gathering spit.. I’m always swallowing spit and most times I chock on my saliva .. I find it difficult to speak cause I’ll just be blabbing and stuttering.. It’s as if my Brain is clogged. There was even a time I couldn’t speak out.. words will be in my mind but to say it out will be so difficult..

I don’t know if it’s because we moved into this environment.. Could it be spiritual problem from this environment I moved into in 2016 or someone is on my case??

Because of the spit issue .. I went to a doctor who told me my issue was worm. I’ve been deworming on a steady still yet I can’t communicate with people effectively.. I’ll just be looking dumb when with my friends meanwhile I’ve lots of things to say in my mind!!
If I say let me open my mouth and talk I’ll just be stuttering and stammering and it has affected my self confidence massively.
Please I need help .. What could’ve gone wrong with me ?? Is it spiritual or medical.. Please medical practitioners come to my aid ..
Has anyone else experienced this issue or know about this kind of problem?? Please I need a solution.
Eddie Murph's movie a thousand (1000) words just come to mind...

2 Likes

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by redcliff: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:
I’m in my early 20s

your issue is more psychological and behavioural than medical or spiritual. first of all, you are having social anxiety. you clearly showed those symptoms. when you try to sound intelligent, speak so fast, bother what others thought about what you said, different words with same meanings clashing in your thoughts before they are spoken. first of all, stop trying to speak fast, you are only making your matter worse. lastly, ditch your doctor, he is a quack!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by mekuso89(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
This could be early symptoms of depression or some kind of disorder visit a good hospital. But always practice breathe exercise and sleep very well

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Solatium(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:
I’m in my early 20s

You can learn a lot by keeping quiet.
Use this period for learning instead of talking like you use to do in the past,no wisdom can resides with a man that talks all the time

3 Likes

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Kay25(m): 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:
I’m in my early 20s

if u had gone to doctor and has prescribed u a way out and it has work pls check well if u had not spoken against anyone that is mightier than u ..keep praying for God to reveal the cause to u either u need medical help or spiritual I say God in Jesus name will liberate u and make a way out of that trouble for u

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by ipobarecriminals: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
sad I m not vast in tradition.make I visit Ekiti/Oka Akoko to see baba angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.Oro agba.Weldone iyere ifa cool
Amotolongbo:

Probably you have misyarn to someone in your area.
The person might have possibly use duck (pepeye) and pig (elede) to swear for you;
“Alahun ifoun ni ti pepeye
Oro hun hun hun, inu elede lo n gbe”.

I will advise that you deep the leg of house into it (“e ti ese ile bo”) sir
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by wonderr(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
Who did your parents tell that u want to become a lawyer in the future?

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
Doesn't sound true..
Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by AfroKnight: 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:

I don’t think it’s dyslexia because during my school days.. I was always getting good grades through cramming cause I know how to crame things a lot .. But what I have noticed is that I don’t know how to read slowly or type slowly.. I am always in a haste .. And when I read slowly, my breathing pattern will change and I won’t understand what I’m reading embarassed

Speaking fast is often associated with those who stutter. They want to get the words out as fast as possible. You go need to calm down. As for the excess saliva, na doctor go tell you wetin dey happen.

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Truvelisback(m): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
U sure say person never do u so? U need to see a seer.

1 Like

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by Akalia(m): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:

Chai cry ...
Who have I offended bayi??
When I first noticed this was when I was asked to lead prayer during a function.. I’ve always been a bright person that people look up to .. So I’m the one that they choose to do the talking most of the time . while praying it got to a point I started blabbing .. Then my leader now asked me if there was hot yam in my mouth.. She was surprised..since then it has got worse..To pray sef I’ll finding words to use..
Please what do you advise me to do and share more light on leg of house.
I think you need to improve your vocabulary. I think you are lost for the right words to express your opinion most often.

3 Likes

Re: This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed by nwajesus12(m): 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2021
Risingsun127:
I’m in my early 20s

too much of wanking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Menace Of Sepe, Agbo-Jedi: Pile Herbal-Medicine / Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga / 35-Year-Old Man Electrocuted By Christmas Light Decorations In Delta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.